Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,020 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) (20492 Views)

Iwobi Didn't Perform Well - Very Dark Man Replies Oshoala Over AFCON Defeat / Austin Eguavoen Resigns As Super Eagles Technical Adviser / Anthony Joshua Reacts To His Defeat By Oleksandr Usyk (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by insidenaijasblog: 3:58am On Jan 24, 2022
Super Eagles coach, Austin Eguavoen has spoken about Nigeria's loss to Tunisia in the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations round of 16 which took place on Sunday January 22, Newspremises reports.

Recall that Alex Iwobi was shown a red card in the 64th minutes, after the referee upgraded his yellow card to a red one following a VAR Review for a bad attack.

Eguavoen in a post match conference, said that Iwobi didn't deserve to be sent out of the match since he was a first time offender. He also said the attack wasn't intentional so shouldn't have amounted to a red card.

The interim coach added that Wilfred Ndidi was mashed right in front of the referee but he didn't call a foul even though Ndidi complained.

Eguavoen also congratulated Tunisia for qualifying for the quater finals adding that the Super Eagles did their best even though they were knocked out by The Eagles of Carthage.

Watch the video below:
[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvojKC-KaRE][/url]

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/iwobi-didnt-deserve-a-red-card-ndidi-got-mashed-but-the-referee-didnt-call-a-foul-austin-eguavoen-speaks-after-super-eagles-afcon-defeat-by-tunisia-video/

7 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by andysmith123(m): 12:44pm On Jan 24, 2022
oga this your eye dey fear me o!

2 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by festacman(m): 1:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
1. One positive thing that Augustine Eguavoen did was to prove that the current GOLDEN GENERATION of Super Eagles can play attacking football, which Nigeria is known for rather than unnecessary CAUTIOUS football that Gerhot Rohr was imposing.

2. It is important to state that bad officiating didn't make Tunisia beat Nigeria at AFCON but inferior tactics. Unfortunately, Covid attack on Tunisian squad made it difficult to study their team play while it was easy for them to study Nigerian team play, which made them clip Simon Moses. Look, I would demanded for red card if a Tunisian player tackled Iwobi the way he did against the Tunisian player.

3. The fact is that if Emmanuel Amunike didn't wound Amaju Pinnick's ego by refusing to work as assistant to Gerhot Rohr but demanding to replace him, he would have been the interim coach rather than Eguavoen. And of course, Amunike from records is a better tactically gifted than Eguavoen and he in fact mentored some of the current Super Eagles at age-group competitions.

4. Football is a game of mad passion so Nigerians' reactions to Maduka Okoye, Alex Iwobi and Ola Aina are natural but unacceptable if it crosses line of rationality. It happened to Saka and Rashford after the EUROS but they bounced back. The best of GKs have conceded worst goals but were not killed. The truth is that a team's mistakes favour its opponent. It was defensive mistake that helped Iheanacho score against Egypt.

5. The task now is beating Ghana to qualify to World Cup. Hopefully , we will have Victor Osihmen and other preferred attackers fit and available. But the question of which coach manages that 2-legged qualifier is CRUCIAL beacuse not qualifying with the current golden generation of players will be a TREASON.

6. WE MOVE!

166 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by money121(m): 1:56pm On Jan 24, 2022
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Warlord12(m): 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2022

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by calculator123(m): 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2022
sadA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by LilyColin(f): 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2022
Buhari na badluck pro max

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by emmabest2000(m): 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2022
Nobody should mention anything about calls or video calls in the thread or ...... grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by oluxy(m): 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Eduble: 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2022
So bad we didn't get to next stage

2 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Worldlegend(m): 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2022
cheesy
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by R0LL0N(m): 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2022
Eagle Don pass eagle niyen

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by fmonigent(m): 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2022
Make una dey come back, una try

4 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Fidinno(m): 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2022
it is still a surprise to me that we are out of the AFCON.
One of the team.

6 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by flemsy15(m): 1:59pm On Jan 24, 2022
Na bcoz of things like this dey make NFF no dey trust Naija coaches. This early exit is a full indication NFF will be sticking to foreign coaches.

5 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 24, 2022
just a video call ruin everything

5 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by BobbieZion(m): 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2022
insidenaijasblog:
Super Eagles coach, Austin Eguavoen has spoken about Nigeria's loss to Tunisia in the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations round of 16 which took place on Sunday January 22, Newspremises reports.

Recall that Alex Iwobi was shown a red card in the 64th minutes, after the referee upgraded his yellow card to a red one following a VAR Review for a bad attack.

Eguavoen in a post match conference, said that Iwobi didn't deserve to be sent out of the match since he was a first time offender. He also said the attack wasn't intentional so shouldn't have amounted to a red card.

The interim coach added that Wilfred Ndidi was mashed right in front of the referee but he didn't call a foul even though Ndidi complained.

Eguavoen also congratulated Tunisia for qualifying for the quater finals adding that the Super Eagles did their best even though they were knocked out by The Eagles of Carthage.

Watch the video below:
[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvojKC-KaRE][/url]

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/iwobi-didnt-deserve-a-red-card-ndidi-got-mashed-but-the-referee-didnt-call-a-foul-austin-eguavoen-speaks-after-super-eagles-afcon-defeat-by-tunisia-video/

Damage control....
U even congratulated your opponent?
After a lackadaisical approach.
Come dey give excuses,shebi u be Bubu the shockmaster.

I am still pained..

2 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Yomit71(m): 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2022
I know say na initial gra gra.
I don't feel bad we lose undecided
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by DLuciano: 2:00pm On Jan 24, 2022
andysmith123:
oga this your eye dey fear me o!
yes o! no dull!
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by timefarm(m): 2:01pm On Jan 24, 2022
Fidinno:
it is still a surprise to me that we are out of the AFCON.

One of the team.
A real surprise after so much noise.
Disappointed though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by anettcom: 2:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
WORDPRESS TRAINING

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by zolajpower: 2:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
cheesy
Everyone shouldn't blame bubu for this eguavoin should remember as well that history is playing out again . In USA 94 nig where knocked of round of 16 by a weak Italian that got into the next round as a best loser grin

1 Like

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by timefarm(m): 2:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
Anything dead meat seller support, be sure it will end in regret.

I saw his post up and down on the eagle's match thread, I wished his evil luck didnot follow eagles but unfortunately, the rest is history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by Burnabem: 2:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
I still feel bad till now
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by cliqtips: 2:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
The loss was on the coach because he was not tactical and couldn't read match.

No team can win a tournament with the same formation.

If you watch the match very well, you should see that the formation didn't work from the beginning to the end.

Even after the first half, a good coach would have reviewed and changed the formation when coming for the 2nd half.

Our wingers both Simon and Chukwueze were marked by at least two players leaving our midfield/defence porous to counter attacks.

My Opinion though

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by spy24(m): 2:07pm On Jan 24, 2022
Nigeria played better than Tunisia

It is the keeper and the ref that messed us up

2 Likes

Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by paulolee(m): 2:07pm On Jan 24, 2022
he was just tactically unsound against d Tunisians, subbing two attackers at once shocked me n that keeper self no help us atall..
the reff was do harsh with dt red card, same happened between Doherty n sarr in dt chelsea vs spurs game n no card was given bcoz it wasnt intentional..
Re: Austin Eguavoen Speaks After Super Eagles Afcon Defeat By Tunisia (video) by R0LL0N(m): 2:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
Who gave the order, I mean who watch the video, I mean who pick bubu video call.

Next time common sense is uncommon. We can do better in ivorycoast 2023.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Odemwingie And Sarah Welcome Baby Boy / Ronaldo Nears 700 Career Goals After Scoring Against Luxembourg / Nigeria Doctors To Examine Osimhen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.