Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,430 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call (53323 Views)

May Salary Delay For Workers On GIFMIS Platform / Optimus Bank Graduate Trainee Interview On Zoom / CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's (2) (3) (4)

Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by Skillsnigeria: 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by omoadeleye(m): 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2021
SmartyPants:

Try to read the post to avoid sounding silly.

The company just received a cash injection of 750 million.

Do you expect them to use the new cash to pay workers?

Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by Debra911(f): 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2021
olisefom:
If it be possible, everyone should own their business.
Who shall be the labour forcegrin

Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by pauladonis(m): 12:55pm On Dec 06, 2021
rajiedreez:
The CEO of an online mortgage lender fired 900 of his employees in a brutal Zoom call - then slammed them over being so lazy they effectively 'stole' from customers.

Vishal Garg axed around nine per cent of New York mortgage firm Better.com's workforce last Wednesday, including its entire diversity, equity and inclusion team, which deals with complaints about racism and sexism in the workplace.

The blunt call saw Garg say: 'This isn't news that you're going to want to hear...If you're on this call, you are part of the unlucky group that is being laid off. Your employment here is terminated effective immediately.'

That's part of things you can expect when you work for someone else... Jobs are not permanent, one is basically just selling his/her time to help someone else succeed at his own business... I'd rather start mine and channel all my energy into it...

I don't know who needs to see this but I wrote a small book on freelancing.

I called it The Zero To #250k Freelancing Blueprint

It's a short read and you can read everything within 5 minutes.

It's December 2021 and it's high time people stopped all the trial and error associated with freelancing online.

If you are a newbie who is just learning the ropes, you will see exactly how to set up your freelancing career for success...

And if you're already a freelancer, you will learn some of my top level strategies that I use to get constant daily orders on Fiverr with many offering more than my normal gig rates...

So, if you want to win the war against empty pockets, insufficient funds, and have a successful freelancing career than many dream of but only a few ever attain,

You need to grab this book while it's free.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wb0Q5Ppgwj9qCDQJFr_vqdAWjiveiQEf/view?usp=drivesdk
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by vislabraye(m): 12:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
ademasta:
Can Zoom connect 900 persons at once.. undecided

Yes. The maximum is 1,000

Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by Kobicove(m): 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
Craigslists:
Stingy Indian man, after raking home up to $750 million last week.

Dem nor dey use their money play.

To even get Indian client hard gaan grin

Na the client go even bill you cool

The $750 million was a cash infusion not sales proceed!
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by dfrost: 1:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
ademasta:

Yes. Up to 1,000 with add-ons.

Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by Ayemileto(m): 1:08pm On Dec 06, 2021
doggedfighter:
Just like that?

Will there be compensations?

Yes. In the Video, he said severance package and 3 months advance (or something like that).

Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by ICEWIN: 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

mumu get educated undecided
idiot u should be the one. simple correction you can not perfect.
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by SmartyPants(m): 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2021
Opexzy:

Shut up, you are the silly one here.

That they raked in 750 million last week is nothing special to a business that has thousands of employees, do you think they started planning to sack 900 people a week ago

Some of you are just too dumb and emotional at the same time.

omoadeleye:

Do you expect them to use the new cash to pay workers?

I clearly never said so. But that cash injection is clearly sufficient to fix any structural leakages that would have attributed to covid. The market has recovered across the global economy, so there is no further argument as to the company suffering from Covid.

But moreover, no one is pumping 750 million venture capital into a company that is in distress. Thus it is completely bewildering to cite covid-related distress as a causal factor for sacking 9% of one's workforce.

This idea is made even less plausible by the fact that the company's valuation has just shot up. Read the full article and stop speculating.

And if that is not enough for you, the CEO has already hinted over and over again that the fred staff were fired due to laziness.

It's all in the article.
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by dynosur: 1:17pm On Dec 06, 2021
ademasta:

You have been using free version all your life.

Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by Mayeldah(m): 1:20pm On Dec 06, 2021
The remaining staffs should start job-hunting right away

He may return in January for part 2 sacking grin
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by Edusouls(m): 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2021
Kai see work place wickedness? For this festive season, if it’s Nigeria now u people go begin talk, this is USA for you..
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by omoadeleye(m): 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2021
SmartyPants:

I clearly never said so. But that cash injection is clearly sufficient to fix any structural leakages that would have attributed to covid. The market has recovered across the global economy, so there is no further argument as to the company suffering from Covid.

But moreover, no one is pumping 750 million venture capital into a company that is in distress. Thus it is completely bewildering to cite covid-related distress as a causal factor for sacking 9% of one's workforce.

This idea is made even less plausible by the fact that the company's valuation has just shot up. Read the full article and stop speculating.

And if that is not enough for you, the CEO has already hinted over and over again that the fred staff were fired due to laziness.

It's all in the article.

The reason for laying off workers is due to some market conditions and to continue the company to be a going concern,

You literally did not know what the company is facing, and the company is in the banking industry and i believe people are making enough transactions.

And you said capital can't be rendered to a distressed company, i will tell you that you are absolutely wrong on that, cause when a company continuity is being threatened, they can either liquidate or try to raise some forms of capital in order to continue as a profitability company, since it's in the company interest to reduce the workforce, thou it's an harsh development but it's as well for the betterment of the company and can be temporary pending the time the company will get back on it's and start employing new employees.
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by toujurs: 1:31pm On Dec 06, 2021
boobsdik:
Not surprised , na indian man grin

Dem dey brutal and very economical. Freelance writers would understand better grin
Oh indian, very shitty people

Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by Unclefemolala(m): 1:42pm On Dec 06, 2021
ademasta:

Oga it's a company so they'd pay for Professional zoom package which houses over 1k members with lots of features

Just like Ms Teams which is unlimited

You think it's like your free basic version that times out after 40mins

Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by SmartyPants(m): 1:42pm On Dec 06, 2021
omoadeleye:

The reason for laying off workers is due to some market conditions and to continue the company to be a going concern,

You literally did not know what the company is facing, and the company is in the banking industry and i believe people are making enough transactions.

And you said capital can't be rendered to a distressed company, i will tell you that you are absolutely wrong on that, cause when a company continuity is being threatened, they can either liquidate or try to raise some forms of capital in order to continue as a profitability company, since it's in the company interest to reduce the workforce, thou it's an harsh development but it's as well for the betterment of the company and can be temporary pending the time the company will get back on it's and start employing new employees.

Of course a company can raise funds when it is distressed, but I was specific. I said venture capital whcih is essentially what they have done - now for venture capitalists to give you that much money, your company must either be in great health, or will be in the near future. In either of those cases, firing staff becomes unnecessary.

And are the only ones in finance? Who else has fired 900 staff that you know off?

All this speculation is unnecessary. It is clearly written why he fired them and it was entirely due to their performance:

Garg later reiterated his stance on a blogpost on Blind, saying he was cutting some staff for "stealing" through laziness.

"You guys know that at least 250 of the people terminated were working an average of 2 hours a day while clocking 8 hours+ a day in the payroll system?

"They were stealing from you and stealing from our customers who pay the bills that pay our bills. Get educated," he add
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by Oluwademilade: 1:50pm On Dec 06, 2021
boobsdik:

Dem dey brutal and very economical. Freelance writers would understand better grin

Na wetin I want talk be that. Very wicked set of people

Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by Ikea81: 1:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
Na so I go one interview....as I reach there see indians everywhere just left without waiting to be interviewed. I no want nonsense
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by omoadeleye(m): 2:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
SmartyPants:

Of course a company can raise funds when it is distressed, but I was specific. I said venture capital whcih is essentially what they have done - now for venture capitalists to give you that much money, your company must either be in great health, or will be in the near future. In either of those cases, firing staff becomes unnecessary.

And are the only ones in finance? Who else has fired 900 staff that you know off?

All this speculation is unnecessary. It is clearly written why he fired them and it was entirely due to their performance:

Garg later reiterated his stance on a blogpost on Blind, saying he was cutting some staff for "stealing" through laziness.

"You guys know that at least 250 of the people terminated were working an average of 2 hours a day while clocking 8 hours+ a day in the payroll system?

"They were stealing from you and stealing from our customers who pay the bills that pay our bills. Get educated," he add
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

I believe there is already plans to fire all of them.

Working for 2 hours and clocking 8hrs work is just an excuse....

In all and all, what will be will be...
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by jeff1607(m): 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2021
Penguin2:
Reason you should own your own business.

Was waiting for someone to say this grin

Try starting up a business in the US and you’d understand
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by Raypawer(m): 2:32pm On Dec 06, 2021
Lool

https://nerdschalk.com/zoom-limit/amp/

ademasta:

Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by DeipTruth(f): 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2021
Jeezuzpick:

Indians......

Only experience can tell you who they really are. After Workig with Indians, I started having bouts of anxiety on hearing those Bollywood songs......took me a long time to recover.

Eventually the Indian "Boss" got fired and I got recalled to replace him. That helped me recover from the trauma.

I've actually had good experiences working with them.

They're very brutal and they taught me a lot.

No emotions whatsoever.

They play hard too, very hard too.
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by lakesidepapa(m): 2:46pm On Dec 06, 2021
pauladonis:

That's part of things you can expect when you work for someone else... Jobs are not permanent, one is basically just selling his/her time to help someone else succeed at his own business... I'd rather start mine and channel all my energy into it...

I don't know who needs to see this but I wrote a small book on freelancing.

I called it The Zero To #250k Freelancing Blueprint

It's a short read and you can read everything within 5 minutes.

It's December 2021 and it's high time people stopped all the trial and error associated with freelancing online.

If you are a newbie who is just learning the ropes, you will see exactly how to set up your freelancing career for success...

And if you're already a freelancer, you will learn some of my top level strategies that I use to get constant daily orders on Fiverr with many offering more than my normal gig rates...

So, if you want to win the war against empty pockets, insufficient funds, and have a successful freelancing career than many dream of but only a few ever attain,

You need to grab this book while it's free.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wb0Q5Ppgwj9qCDQJFr_vqdAWjiveiQEf/view?usp=drivesdk

How can I contact you sir?
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by BLoomfrancs(m): 2:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
boobsdik:

Indians are the shittiest people to work with in the world.

Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by olisefom: 3:14pm On Dec 06, 2021
Debra911:

Who shall be the labour forcegrin

The ones that find it impossible definitely.
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by Penguin2: 3:19pm On Dec 06, 2021
jeff1607:

Was waiting for someone to say this grin

Try starting up a business in the US and you’d understand

You are talking as though it is very difficult to own a business in the US.
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by Foolishbuhari: 3:22pm On Dec 06, 2021
ademasta:

Yes! The premium paid package

Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by engeen(m): 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2021
Yes.
isaiah4life:
People like you should strive to get a degree in crime and investigation. Oil dey your head. wink

Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by sulaak(m): 3:47pm On Dec 06, 2021
Asian and their racism...

including its entire diversity, equity and inclusion team, which deals with complaints about racism and sexism in the workplace.
Re: You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call by cmecproblem(m): 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2021
CEO be relieving stress at the expense of jobs. I'm sure removing the burden of paying 900 salaries is therapeutic.

Interview Invite With GM GLOBAL, Is It A Scam? Please Help / Airtel Nigeria Early Career Recruitment Programme 2019 / Job Conditions Man Gave To Ex-Corper (Photos)