Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) (1182 Views)

TECNO Takes A Jab At Apple In A Cryptic Post (Photo) / Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric / Nigeria Remains Africa’s Largest Smartphone Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by TMKsouth: 3:11pm On Dec 06, 2021
Africa's largest mobile phone company MTN has announced mandatory Covid-19 vaccines for its staff across the continent from January but it will give exemptions on "certain clearly defined grounds".

"For those staff who are not exempt from vaccinations either through risk assessment or agreed exclusions but still refuse vaccination, MTN will not be obliged to continue the employment contract," the South Africa-based company said in a statement.

It is the biggest company yet to state it would terminate employment contracts for non-compliance by workers, according to the Bloomberg news agency.

“The science is clear. Vaccination against Covid-19 reduces rates of serious infections, hospitalisation, and death," MTN Group chief executive officer Ralph Mupita said.

"As an employer, we have a responsibility to ensure that our workplaces are guided by the highest standards of health and safety, and that has informed our decision to make Covid-19 vaccination mandatory for our staff,” he added.

Latest data showed that across Africa, only 7% of people have been fully vaccinated compared with a global population vaccination rate of 55%.

“The fight against Covid-19 needs a global, comprehensive and equitable allocation of vaccines,” Mr Mupita added.

MTN has a presence in 17 African countries, including Nigeria, Uganda, Zambia and South Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by VillageBus(m): 4:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
Correct!

2 Likes

Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by obyrich(m): 5:36pm On Dec 06, 2021
Conspiracy theorists did not help matters at all. Everyone should be vaccinated

2 Likes

Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by TMKsouth: 5:43pm On Dec 06, 2021
obyrich:
Conspiracy theorists did not help matters at all.

They have blood on their hands. What do they have to gain from their actions - deceiving people?

I have a friend right now who is covid+ and regrets it coz her pastor told her there's no such thing as covid. But she feels sick.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by heniford2: 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
Nawa new world older SA always with bad news TmKsouth on it again grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by TMKsouth: 6:28pm On Dec 06, 2021
heniford2:
Nawa new world older SA always with bad news TmKsouth on it again grin

LOL, u mean Nigeria's Omicron grin. It was there in October way before it reached SA - FACT. Naija-o, always with bad news.
Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by yomi96(m): 6:43pm On Dec 06, 2021
TMKsouth:

They have blood on their hands. What do they have to gain from their actions - deceiving people?

I have a friend right now who is covid+ and regrets it coz her pastor told her there's no such thing as covid. But she feels sick.
stop the gaslighting bro.you prophets of doom. Blood on their hands for a virus with 98% recovery rate? What happen to collin powell and all those clowns that took shots after shots and still died. Blood on their hands my foot. Follow the money bro, we aint rolling with your fake news b.s.sorry

4 Likes

Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by heniford2: 6:45pm On Dec 06, 2021
TMKsouth:

LOL, u mean Nigeria's Omicron grin. It was there before it reached SA - FACT. Naija-o, always with bad news.
grin cheesy u guys again
Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by von02: 7:41pm On Dec 06, 2021
TMKsouth:

She should take the right drugs na

1 Like

Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:41pm On Dec 06, 2021
yomi96:
stop the gaslighting bro.you prophets of doom. Blood on their hands for a virus with 98% recovery rate? What happen to collin powell and all those clowns that took shots after shots and still died. Blood on their hands my foot. Follow the money bro, we aint rolling with your fake news b.s.sorry

@bolded
- go tell that to the 90,000 South Africans who've died of covid. Tell it to all the Italians, Americans, Indians and Brazilians that dropped like flies while Trump and Bolsonaro were saying covid is just a little flu and pushing hydroxychloroquine. Some of you especially in Nigeria are even worse pushing the false narrative that covid doesn't exist.
Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2021
von02:

She should take the right drugs na

She's on immune boosters, apparently there's no medication for covid. She's now seriously questioning her faith because her pastor is still in denial and refuses to pray for something that doesn't exist. He's the reason she didn't vaccinate even though jabs were readily available. Totally unbelievable! angry
Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by Kingzy4pep(m): 8:00am On Dec 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

@bolded
- go tell that to the 90,000 South Africans who've died of covid. Tell it to all the Italians, Americans, Indians and Brazilians that dropped like flies while Trump and Bolsonaro were saying covid is just a little flu and pushing hydroxychloroquine. Some of you especially in Nigeria are even worse pushing the false narrative that covid doesn't exist.
We're probably handling it better here, hence we don't perceive it as something really serious. Normal lifestyle here even without nose mask and people aren't dying like it happened in SA. I wonder why it has killed Alot of South Africans

1 Like

Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by TMKsouth: 8:19am On Dec 07, 2021
Kingzy4pep:

We're probably handling it better here, hence we don't perceive it as something really serious. Normal lifestyle here even without nose mask and people aren't dying like it happened in SA. I wonder why it has killed Alot of South Africans

It's because of too many infections - over 3 million now. Once you have too many infections the hospital system gets stretched to the limit, so many die at home. In the midst of that there's still disinformation so by the time the unvaccinated people get sick it's too late to save them.
Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by vibratingpenis: 8:34am On Dec 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

She's on immune boosters, apparently there's no medication for covid. She's now seriously questioning her faith because her pastor is still in denial and refuses to pray for something that doesn't exist. He's the reason she didn't vaccinate even though jabs were readily available. Totally unbelievable! angry

Shey you are in south Africa now?
Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:13am On Dec 07, 2021
heniford2:
looks like u enjoy masturbating with my name at ur lips grin cheesy all the time, you stupid Zulu man undecided

I'll let this one slide since I've now found Jesus. U know very well the black eyes I've given u in the past - your uncle told me you were even scared of logging on at some point coz of me cool
Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by TMKsouth: 9:15am On Dec 07, 2021
vibratingpenis:

Chai!!!
Ok.
Thank God .

Lol, why - u thought I'd bring Omicron back to Nigeria cheesy
Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by heniford2: 9:19am On Dec 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

I'll let this one slide since I've now found Jesus. U know very well the black eyes I've given u in the past - your uncle told me you were even scared of logging on at some point coz of me cool
hahah grin cheesy grin scared of you me a God afraid of ordinary mortal like you undecided
Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by von02: 11:33am On Dec 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Her healing is not dependent on the pastor but on God's word(Faith)

1 Like

Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by vibratingpenis: 11:55am On Dec 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Lol, why - u thought I'd bring Omicron back to Nigeria cheesy
It is not flesh and blood that revealed that to you.
Re: MTN Becomes Africa's Largest Company To Force-jab Or Be Fired (PIX) by vibratingpenis: 11:58am On Dec 07, 2021
von02:

Her healing is not dependent on the pastor but on God's word(Faith)

(1) (Reply)

Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro Gaming Tablet Unboxing And First Impressions (photos) / Samsung A71 5G - Help To Setup Mtn 5G / Which Is Better? The Redmi Note 12 Pro 4g Or The Google Pixel 6?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.