Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? (672 Views)

Is SMOKING A SIN / Is Smoking A Sin? / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by IceTrice01: 3:23pm On Dec 06, 2021
So I know someone where I used to reside before he was a good Christian, no troubles with the neighbors, no womanizing, no drinking and drinking, infact he was leaving a very moral and religious life. This brother was also an heavy chain smokers and he smokes only Indian herm, no cigarettes, he claims it's healthy and he doesn't sees it as a sin, me I don't bother going deep into any conversation with him about personal matters. It struck my mind this afternoon again because I was about having that discussion with a hausa Muslim colleague who smokes cigarettes alot too and also does all his prayers even in the office. So I said let me ask my religious scholars here. Is smoking of weed a sin?

Lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by peteregwu(m): 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2021
It's a sin and if the person does die without repenting and forsaking such act, he or she will end up in hell. If you don't believe it, then fogerrit.
Re: Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by timibare(m): 3:55pm On Dec 06, 2021
Smoking dey the 10 commandments? I naturally dislike smokers
Re: Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by dahme147(m): 6:31pm On Dec 06, 2021
[s][/s]

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by Ayo081(m): 7:30pm On Dec 07, 2021
That it is a sin is not what you can debate about, but if it makes you misbehave or do things that are counted as sin. undecided

Better put; does smoking Indian hemp leads to doing acts counted as sin? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by IceTrice01: 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
peteregwu:
It's a sin and if the person does die without repenting and forsaking such act, he or she will end up in hell. If you don't believe it, then fogerrit.

How is it a sin? Where is it written or what's your backup? Religious wise or health wise anyone?
Re: Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by IceTrice01: 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2021
Ayo081:
That it is a sin is not what you can debate about, but if it makes you misbehave or do things that are counted as sin. undecided

Better put; does smoking Indian hemp leads to doing acts counted as sin? undecided

Gluttony and wastage is a sin; I may eat 4 packs of hungry man indomie noodles and not be filled, while you may eat 1 and be filled and then throw away the remaining 3, you've committed a sin by that act while I'm still saved.
Re: Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by Ayo081(m): 3:14pm On Dec 10, 2021
IceTrice01:

Gluttony and wastage is a sin; I may eat 4 packs of hungry man indomie noodles and not be filled, while you may eat 1 and be filled and then throw away the remaining 3, you've committed a sin by that act while I'm still saved.

Do you mean to say I'm wrong with previous quoted? undecided

Because I see that your post about gluttony and mine is on the same page undecided
Re: Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2021
Smoking is a dirty habit and since a believer must be clean both body and soul then it will become a sin on his part if he's engaged in dirty habits! 1Corinthians 6:19
Re: Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by IceTrice01: 12:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
Ayo081:

Do you mean to say I'm wrong with previous quoted? undecided

Because I see that your post about gluttony and mine is on the same page undecided

Yes, drinking alcohol may leads to sin too but it's not a sin. So the question im asking is actually different from the question you asked
Re: Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by IceTrice01: 12:51pm On Dec 12, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Smoking is a dirty habit and since a believer must be clean both body and soul then it will become a sin on his part if he's engaged in dirty habits! 1Corinthians 6:19

How is it a dirty habit? Muslims smokes and are against drinking so how is it a dirty habit, I need an explanation. Thanks
Re: Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by hayzed1090: 12:54pm On Dec 12, 2021
IceTrice01:

How is it a dirty habit? Muslims smokes and are against drinking so how is it a dirty habit, I need an explanation. Thanks

Hello.... smoking is not permitted in Islam because its not only harmful to the smoker but to people around him/her also. That you see some Muslims smoke doesn't mean all Muslims smoke

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by hayzed1090: 12:58pm On Dec 12, 2021
IceTrice01:

By applying this logic.. 90% of what is generally acceptable as sin will be permissible.
Re: Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:14pm On Dec 12, 2021
IceTrice01:

I think the Muslims can speak for themselves:

hayzed1090:

Hello.... smoking is not permitted in Islam because its not only harmful to the smoker but to people around him/her also. That you see some Muslims smoke doesn't mean all Muslims smoke

But in Christianity we should be role models in the society {Matthew 5:13-16} whoever fails to set such standard that's exemplary doesn't fit in as a preacher and teacher of God's word, and that's what every Christian should prove to be! smiley
Re: Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by Ayo081(m): 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
IceTrice01:

Yes, drinking alcohol may leads to sin too but it's not a sin. So the question im asking is actually different from the question you asked

I should ask you; can we do life without smoking and drinking? undecided
Re: Is Smoking Of Indian Herm A Sin? by CaptMarvel(m): 10:24pm On Dec 12, 2021
Drinking alcohol and smoking are bad habits do away with them.

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Always Ask The Holy Spirit For Help / [music + Video] Nathaniel Bassey – Jesus Iye / Sihle Sibisi Defends Her Actions After Claiming Tb Joshua Raped Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.