Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death (29336 Views)

Police Arrest 3 Dowen School Students Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death / Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by ogbiwa: 7:20am On Dec 07, 2021
Nairaland servers down
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Buffalo2(m): 7:22am On Dec 07, 2021
….and that is the end of Solomon (Dowen) Grundy

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:25am On Dec 07, 2021
supereagle:
*The piece below was written by a school owner. Forwarded as received.*

As someone who runs a school, I am also learning alot from this saga. I need to sit up too before my name will trend for the wrong reasons. God forbid.

I

So many schools encourage the ev1l we see today.

So many people also open school as a business. They have no certification. No training. No passion. Nothing! Some also open school out of envy and competition.

If all schools should sit up, trust me many of these irresponsible parents will be forced to do their homework.

This is the same thing that made me ask my Boss to shut down the Nursery boarding. How can parents register their babies in nursery boarding. Why did you get pregnant if you know you can't raise your children? Who sent you? And yes, incase you do not know, we have nursery boarding school where nannies nurse your child cos you're a busy working class entity �.

You people keep raising dark children. Children without empathy or emotions. This is why I say marry right! Marry your best friend. Let your children watch mummy and daddy play love. Let them watch you two care for each other.

Children raised in love are always different. Always! We see it.

I know parents can do their best and kids will turn out the way they want to turn out but when you try your best and give your kids the best upbringing, trust me they do not turn out extremely bad. Stop watching Africa magic. Before they turn out to be what they are, it is in their adult age not at SS1 or SS2.

Finally, study the school well before registering your child. Be sure that the school takes healthy discipline serious.
whoever this person is thank God they decided to sit up.

See ehn anything teaching, lecturing, learning is very very important whether primary School or tertiary institution, anyone imparting is automatically a manager.

It is just that Nigeria is a bush country that don't know the value of education or academicians.

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by dotedote: 7:39am On Dec 07, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Continue deceiving yourself femi that will ignore poor man case...If you don't have enough money. or your case not get public attention just dont bother go his chamber.

N so he do your family dat year ba ?

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 07, 2021
JaroMan:

Honestly, this family is doing things rather too fast.
I won't say more than this, you see Nigeria celebrities on Twitter and IG, you to be careful with them.
I thought I've seen phools in Africa,.... Until I read what u wrote.
Highly disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Bamzyriches451: 7:57am On Dec 07, 2021
Best way to go

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by RIDOO: 8:00am On Dec 07, 2021
Like AY will say"Their Father!"
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by lenghtinny(m): 8:01am On Dec 07, 2021
You forget say na Tinubu fan boy you dey talk to angry

Propaganda na their culture. It's a way of life for them

babzo:

People just talk anyhow.
A little q and a would have helped you; if you don't have Google on your phone; at least you have Nairaland.

​Do you know how many people Mr. Falana and his late mentor represented for free? Mostly poor students and workers of all tribes?
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Antoeni(m): 8:02am On Dec 07, 2021
The Judiciary is so Corrupt that The Elites and Cabal Whose Children are Involve in the Killing of Sylvester Might Temper With the Court Proceedings that Will Will Result to Twists of Fate , A Falana Can do Little or Nothing if the Judge hands are Tightened.
The Judiciary can be So Frustrating

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:08am On Dec 07, 2021
tutudesz:
Femi Falana is the best human right lawyer in Nigeria presently and I believe the family will get justice.

But he is extremely expensive. The average Nigerian whose rights get trampled upon every day can't afford him.

Moreover, for late Sylvester's case, his chambers was hired, not necessarily Falana.

I believe it is one of Falana's boys that would be handling the case, not Falana himself.

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Peppysco: 8:12am On Dec 07, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Continue deceiving yourself femi that will ignore poor man case...If you don't have enough money. or your case not get public attention just dont bother go his chamber.

Stop saying trash online, it makes you sound silly. Femi Falana single handedly took over the cases of 7 already court marshaled military personnel who have been sentenced to death for mutiny and he got them out. Could the family of the guys afford him, no, but he saw the need to do that. Why do you think he's called an activist in the first place? You want to compare him with Mike Ozekhome and other political lawyers?
Femi Falana is one of the last of a dying breed, don't shit on his personality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by tutudesz: 8:12am On Dec 07, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

But he is extremely expensive. The average Nigerian whose rights get trampled upon every day can't afford him.

Moreover, for late Sylvester's case, his chambers was hired, not necessarily Falana.

I believe it is one of Falana's boys that would be handling the case, not Falana himself.
He will be the representing Sylvester family personally.

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:15am On Dec 07, 2021
timefarm:
They don't really need the sagacity of Femi Falana to win the case.
Any average lawyer will do.

But better to be on a safe side. This is Nigeria

It is not as straightforward as you think.

The family already made a blunder by admitting that late Sylvester developed blisters from reactions to a medication. The school's lawyer (whomever they hire) will surely explore that.

Moreover, when they took him from school, he was said to be OK, aside for the limping.

A case of bullying may be admitted, but hardly of murder. And if the bullying case does not help the murder case, everything may be thrown out, or the bullying cases treated in isolation.

They need an extremely sound lawyer.
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by YeyeGbami: 8:15am On Dec 07, 2021
xpool:

Is this your best contribution to this cruelty?
Picking on lurnalists and bloggers?
Would that have been your position if the deceased was your child or relative?

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:18am On Dec 07, 2021
tutudesz:

He will be the representing Sylvester family personally.

There is nowhere in the report where it says Falana would be representing the family.

The letter sent to the coroner was signed by someone from the chambers, even if on behalf of the chambers. The person who signed that letter is the one likely to give counsel to the family.
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by rollywise(m): 8:20am On Dec 07, 2021
I see the school going down. This could have been avoided. Imagine the father saying the owner of the school has not even put a call across to him since the demise of his son. Now what stopped the proprietor from going to the parents with all staffs of the d school, kneel and beg for their mercy and forgiveness?, No it will not bring back the dead but yes it will appeal to the living. They sat back in their houses releasing press release to defend the school cuz it's all about the business. Let's see how far this goes. This will serve as deterrent to others where these babaric acts are still ongoing

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by tutudesz: 8:21am On Dec 07, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

There is nowhere in the report where it says Falana would be representing the family.

The letter sent to the coroner was signed by someone from the chambers, even if on behalf of the chambers. The person who signed that letter is the one likely to give counsel to the family.
Take it or leave it
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:27am On Dec 07, 2021
tutudesz:

Take it or leave it

Just admit that you did not read past the topic.

The topic says Femi Falana, but the content says the firm of Femi Falana

There is a difference between Femi Falana and "the firm of Femi Falana".

Moreover, the letter to the Chief Coroner used the pronoun we and is to be taken as coming from Femi Falana's firm, not Femi Falana himself.

Anyone from the chambers will take up the case, not necessarily Femi Falana.
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by emmanuelbrown26: 8:29am On Dec 07, 2021
shigishege:
That mean they are all in trouble. This is the man I feel namidi should have employed instead but due to tribal bigotry in thier blood they rather continue to suffer than hire another tribe's man to deliver them.
Sunday Igbogbo is still in prison, hv u forgotten?
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by ezixt: 8:33am On Dec 07, 2021
Alaganature09:

Boss man no dey yarn like this jor, how many time your parents follow you go school despite the fact you tell them what you don't like about the school....Naso God say he go end him life , despite all my years in school nah now my dad dey asked me how I cope with all the cultist for school... that's to show they care but the schedule on ground is far beyond parents leaving their job just to check on their kids in school or giving kids attention on when they have other bills to attend to just to....boss make God dey protect our kids that's the final truth

I'm sorry to say, but your comment gives me a lot of concern. I wanted to ignore, but I just can't get myself to do it.

First off, you said, "Naso God say he go end him life."

Wrong thinking! This tragedy has nothing to do with God, and before another religious fanatic throws in the devil into the equation, let me quickly say too that the devil was in Afghanistan when all of these was happening in Nigeria.

The boys parents failed him. And the school failed him too. Simple and short.

It was the parents' and the school's negligence that shortened the boy's life, not God.

Stop accusing God wrongly.

Well, I don't know about your own God, so I can't speak for him.

But the God that I know is not a wicked, heartless, sadistic God, that will decide that an eleven-year innocent boy, will die in such a horrifying way.

If that's how your God is,I mean you said about him-

"Naso God say he go end him life", then maybe it's time to change your God for someone who is more loving, caring, and not heartless.

Secondly, you asked-

"how many time your parents follow you go school despite the fact you tell them what you don't like about the school.(sic)"

Just because your parents didn't do same for you, like you pointed in your comment above, doesn't mean other parents didn't do and still don't do same for their own children.

I know parents who just for a complain of a finger on their children, took war to their children's school. No time for nonsense.

So while there are bad and negligent parents, there are still good ones. And these good ones should be the standard we should be emulating, and not the former, even if they are our parents.

And parents who are too busy with whatever it is they are doing to properly take care and protect their children, have no business being parents.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

They are the type that will wait for their child to die before rising up to their responsibility.

They are busy trying to pay the bills, right? Then after the bills, then what? A corpse?

And just because you were lucky to survive such parental negligence, doesn't mean everyone was, or will be.

So please, don't use the standard that was used on you on your children, because they may not be as lucky as you were.

Let's not keep perpetuating cycles that needs to be broken.

And lastly, you said-

"boss make God dey protect our kids that's the final truth"

Well, here is what I believe to be the final truth-

God has given us the primary responsibility of protecting these children on his behalf, let's not fail him with our carelessness, negligence, and foolishness, and then turn around to put the blame on him.

2 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Adadioranma79(f): 8:34am On Dec 07, 2021
What loophole? That they said he loves playing soccer? That isn't a secret tho, the school already knew that, that's why they thought they could use that same reason to lie their way out. That school should be demolished and put out of business. They have no business handling kids at all from the stories going round already.

[¹quote author=legba1 post=108280329]
J
Just wait and see the lawyer the school will hire....this case is going to be a tough and lonnnng one...it's not just going to be straight and easy like y'all expect because the family already gave some loopholes that the school lawyer can explore....but by the end of it all, the school reputation is ruined already...[/quote]
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by tutudesz: 8:36am On Dec 07, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Just admit that you did not read past the topic.

The topic says Femi Falana, but the content says the firm of Femi Falana

There is a difference between Femi Falana and "the firm of Femi Falana".

Moreover, the letter to the Chief Coroner used the pronoun we and is to be taken as coming from Femi Falana's firm, not Femi Falana himself.

Anyone from the chambers will take up the case, not necessarily Femi Falana.
Have you ever seen Falana boys handling high profile cases before What if I told you Falana will be meeting with the family today or tomorrow What if they met yesterday
Actually two lawyers were recommended to the family, Mike Ozekhome and Falana
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by dettolgel: 8:38am On Dec 07, 2021
shigishege:
That mean they are all in trouble. This is the man I feel namidi should have employed instead but due to tribal bigotry in thier blood they rather continue to suffer than hire another tribe's man to deliver them.

I really feel for you, you must be going through a lot in life.

How on earth are you able to tie Nnamdi and tribal slur to a case that involves the death of an innocent boy?

Seriously I suggest you stay away from NL and other social media for a while you are loosing your sanity.
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by dettolgel: 8:44am On Dec 07, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

It is not as straightforward as you think.

The family already made a blunder by admitting that late Sylvester developed blisters from reactions to a medication. The school's lawyer (whomever they hire) will surely explore that.

Moreover, when they took him from school, he was said to be OK, aside for the limping.

A case of bullying may be admitted, but hardly of murder. And if the bullying case does not help the murder case, everything may be thrown out, or the bullying cases treated in isolation.

They need an extremely sound lawyer.

I doubt if the family's opinion on the cause of the blisters holds any water. A good lawyer will rely on expert opinion during cross examination as to the true cause of the blister.

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by HRMK: 8:57am On Dec 07, 2021
kayusely70:
You've spoken very well and reasonably too![color=#550000][/color]
TANX.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by spiceadole: 9:03am On Dec 07, 2021
dasparrow:
Very good. Although I am still of the opinion that Sylvester's parents failed him and so did his school. His parents knew Sylvester was being bullied yet sent him back to school. Most Nigerians lack parenting skills.

His parents sincerely failed him.

When they saw him in that condition, instead of taking him to a hospital in Lagos immediately.. They took him on a road trip, about 10 hours to Warri.
On getting to Warri, they took him to do unnecessary investigations, kept him at home while treating malaria and typhoid, massaging his body and making a video.

Wasted time!

Nigerians have a wrong method of seeking medical care.
I feel pained because they had enough time to save that boy's life
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 07, 2021
They make this Dowen student death trend so that people can forget about the previous trending cases like what happened to that young man in Ile Ife hotel that belongs to a powerful king
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Joydan95: 9:09am On Dec 07, 2021
sammirano:
People are really dumb in this country. Is it the school that killed the boy. If anyone should be held responsible, its the boys that killed him. Which kind of upside down country is this one sef.
Have you ever heard of crime scene?? How can the school allow a child entrusted in their care to go back home half dead with injuries There are so many why’s but you would know cos you have an upside down brain . I am sure you are still a teenager.

2 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Olatara(f): 9:16am On Dec 07, 2021
legba1:

J
Just wait and see the lawyer the school will hire....this case is going to be a tough and lonnnng one...it's not just going to be straight and easy like y'all expect because the family already gave some loopholes that the school lawyer can explore....but by the end of it all, the school reputation is ruined already...
They can hire Festus Keyamo.
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Olatara(f): 9:22am On Dec 07, 2021
akinselurea:

This is exactly my point
Your thought is crazy.
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by greatness77: 9:30am On Dec 07, 2021
shigishege:
Kanu's case is an international case not local or stomack infrastructure case

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Emerged Best UTME Candidate With 360 Score - Umeh Nkechinyere / Mobolaji Emmanuel Ologede Gets Scholarship For Graduating Top Of His Class In US / Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.