Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death (29347 Views)

Police Arrest 3 Dowen School Students Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death / Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by legba1(m): 3:59am On Dec 07, 2021
timefarm:
They don't really need the sagacity of Femi Falana to win the case.
Any average lawyer will do.

But better to be on a safe side. This is Nigeria
J
Just wait and see the lawyer the school will hire....this case is going to be a tough and lonnnng one...it's not just going to be straight and easy like y'all expect because the family already gave some loopholes that the school lawyer can explore....but by the end of it all, the school reputation is ruined already...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by legba1(m): 4:02am On Dec 07, 2021
sammirano:
People are really dumb in this country. Is it the school that killed the boy. If anyone should be held responsible, its the boys that killed him. Which kind of upside down country is this one sef.

Bros yeeeee...the school own the kid a duty of care which they fail to provide, the school is as liable as those kids.
They will all have their days in court...

4 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:03am On Dec 07, 2021
efficiencie:

You sure sey d guy get head at all?
that is how him and his boss (attempting to be president) used to behave in their family/tribe.

i.e they cover serious crime of their blood relation (child, brother, son or whatever) and use all their might to shield them from prosecution.

These bush stone age fellows do not realize yet that the entire world is watching. They are failing Nigeria/Africa & Blackman with their inhumane words, actions & inactions.

Common good leadership at the school level they cannot demonstrate, yet same people will be castigating certain political leaders upadan.

And so what if the murderers parents have billions in their account. Some things are more important than money.

Blackman sef! Don't know when to draw the line. Blackman use your head. Gawd!

all the best of luck to the parents.

4 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by HRMK: 4:39am On Dec 07, 2021
medication after death!
is it true that the boy pleaded with his mum that she shuld ask the dad to change his school?i still think this havoc wuld av bn averted if there was enough communication btw the boy and his parents!the parents didnt listen to his complaints!spending millions on ur child is not enough but making sure u monitor ur child as well!its so unfortunate!may his soul rest in perfect peace!!

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by steno1: 4:56am On Dec 07, 2021
Arnoldo:
are you not mad like this? Someone’s son was killed you say they are too fast.. you better use your head o
Only child for that matter.
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Keji1012(m): 4:59am On Dec 07, 2021
Daniel058:
NAMIDI is not an Igbo name

Or lamidi?.. lol
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by favour32(m): 5:02am On Dec 07, 2021
shigishege:
That mean they are all in trouble. This is the man I feel namidi should have employed instead but due to tribal bigotry in thier blood they rather continue to suffer than hire another tribe's man to deliver them.
Who is Namidi?
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by favour32(m): 5:07am On Dec 07, 2021
JaroMan:

Honestly, this family is doing things rather too fast.
I won't say more than this, you see Nigeria celebrities on Twitter and IG, you to be careful with them.
Are you related to the owners of Dowen college?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by princewarri1985: 5:12am On Dec 07, 2021
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by timefarm(m): 5:34am On Dec 07, 2021
legba1:

J
Just wait and see the lawyer the school will hire....this case is going to be a tough and lonnnng one...it's not just going to be straight and easy like y'all expect because the family already gave some loopholes that the school lawyer can explore....but by the end of it all, the school reputation is ruined already...
Hmm, ok.
Yes definitely for the school, it will be hard for them to bounce back and that will take time if possible.
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by MPESA(m): 5:36am On Dec 07, 2021
shigishege:
That mean they are all in trouble. This is the man I feel namidi should have employed instead but due to tribal bigotry in thier blood they rather continue to suffer than hire another tribe's man to deliver them.

Your stup.d.ty has no bound , what happened to your own Brother Sunday Igboho ,whom you and your papa Tinubu left to rots in far away Benin Republic prison, why no use Falana to rescue him for political peanuts, why not use Falana to rescue him first. Your Mumu never do.
Ba...s...ard...Slo....po...ke.
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by desiredhome: 5:51am On Dec 07, 2021
sammirano:
People are really dumb in this country. Is it the school that killed the boy. If anyone should be held responsible, its the boys that killed him. Which kind of upside down country is this one sef.
Why is the school denying and lying that the boy was injured from football? It means the school is hiding something......why had the school not produced the culprit? Because they are children of the high and mighty.......
Is the school not supposed to know about the welfare of the students?

2 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Olyroks: 6:04am On Dec 07, 2021
You must be very stupid with this your nonsense yarn,so insensitive
JaroMan:

Honestly, this family is doing things rather too fast.
I won't say more than this, you see Nigeria celebrities on Twitter and IG, you to be careful with them.

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by supereagle(m): 6:05am On Dec 07, 2021
*The piece below was written by a school owner. Forwarded as received.*

As someone who runs a school, I am also learning alot from this saga. I need to sit up too before my name will trend for the wrong reasons. God forbid.

I have sent a mail to the staff that we are holding an emergency meeting come Monday. Also, from next term, I am employing more counsellors. Each class must have a counsellor. See, one counsellor is not enough for a big school. It is not! I have discussed with my Boss oh cos ehn these angels kept in our care should be properly taken care of.

In my school, we have a very high anti bullying policy but I, Chinenye, I am a disciplinarian. You can sometimes smell it from my post. I do not take nonsense oh. Expulsion and suspension no dey hard me. When I started initially we were losing children and the owner was worried but I didn't care. I told her that this society needs morals and trust me parents that value discipline will patronise us.

Well, look at us now busy expanding cos of population. In my schools, I refund school fees when your child insults my staff. I have painstakingly taken my time to employ professionals and I can't allow you a bad parent to breed a nuisance in my school. Those who need counselling and therapy, we handle them well and today they're improving.

The major problem after parents are SCHOOL OWNERS. I will explain.

1. In my school I do not allow unnecessary double promotion. Never! Now when I refuse, these parents go to another school and guess what? They'll admit them. How can a woman come to tell me to allow her child write common entrance examination from Year 4? How? Some of them are even 8yrs or 9yrs and you want me to jump classes? If all schools refuse such, trust me these parents will behave.

2. When a child misbehaves or insults a teacher, instead of talking to the parents, they command the teacher to apologise. Hello?! Why? For what? When did that one start? Just because of money? Because you want rich parents? Then you condone indiscipline?

3. A child gets expelled or suspended and these schools will admit them without asking questions. They don't ask for reports from previous school. You just admit potential hired killers and say you're running a school.

4. Very soon there will be no SS3 anymore cos 80% now write WAEC from SS2. You will still see parents come here and say; what are they teaching in SS3.

So many schools encourage the ev1l we see today.

So many people also open school as a business. They have no certification. No training. No passion. Nothing! Some also open school out of envy and competition.

If all schools should sit up, trust me many of these irresponsible parents will be forced to do their homework.

This is the same thing that made me ask my Boss to shut down the Nursery boarding. How can parents register their babies in nursery boarding. Why did you get pregnant if you know you can't raise your children? Who sent you? And yes, incase you do not know, we have nursery boarding school where nannies nurse your child cos you're a busy working class entity �.

You people keep raising dark children. Children without empathy or emotions. This is why I say marry right! Marry your best friend. Let your children watch mummy and daddy play love. Let them watch you two care for each other.

Children raised in love are always different. Always! We see it.

I know parents can do their best and kids will turn out the way they want to turn out but when you try your best and give your kids the best upbringing, trust me they do not turn out extremely bad. Stop watching Africa magic. Before they turn out to be what they are, it is in their adult age not at SS1 or SS2.

Finally, study the school well before registering your child. Be sure that the school takes healthy discipline serious.

10 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Reference(m): 6:10am On Dec 07, 2021
The school did not handle this case wisely.

They should have called for a settlement much earlier knowing that as a private establishment they are exposed and fully liable not to talk about being in a reputation based business.

Now the civil suit alone is probably going to put them out of business or at the least the government may just shut down its boarding system which I think they should do if the school is permitted to survive.... for the sake of the education of other existing students.

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Nobody: 6:13am On Dec 07, 2021
Reference:
The school did not handle this case wisely.

They should have called for a settlement much earlier knowing that as a private establishment they are exposed and fully liable not to talk about the being in a reputation based business.

Now the civil suit alone is probably going to put it out of business or at the least the government may just shut down its boarding system which I think they should do if the school is permitted to survive.... for the sake of the education of other existing students.
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by CSTRR: 6:20am On Dec 07, 2021
No wonder, young lawyers are now doing ashawo work.

The old ones no gree leave the scene.
Falana never reach to retire?

How will the young gain experience if he keeps handling all the big cases?

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by emmanuelbrown26: 6:22am On Dec 07, 2021
shigishege:
Sunday Igbogbo is still in prison and being forgotten by his people remember

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Bigpapi: 6:23am On Dec 07, 2021
TheNewsBeat21:

https://www.newslead.ng/2021/12/06/dowen-college-family-hires-femi-falana-over-sons-death/

Una wan finish Lagos abi....Femi Falana no dey hear word oo...that school and the perpetrators own don finish be that ....Falana no go rest until him dey satisfied very strict lawyer

3 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by akinselurea: 6:25am On Dec 07, 2021
dasparrow:
Very good. Although I am still of the opinion that Sylvester's parents failed him and so did his school. His parents knew Sylvester was being bullied yet sent him back to school. Most Nigerians lack parenting skills.

This is exactly my point
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by xpool(m): 6:27am On Dec 07, 2021
YeyeGbami:
Matters arising. Blogger go chop die this season
Is this your best contribution to this cruelty?
Picking on lurnalists and bloggers?
Would that have been your position if the deceased was your child or relative?

2 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 07, 2021
Hmm
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by kayusely70(m): 6:31am On Dec 07, 2021
HRMK:
medication after death!
is it true that the boy pleaded with his mum that she shuld ask the dad to change his school?i still think this havoc wuld av bn averted if there was enough communication btw the boy and his parents!the parents didnt listen to his complaints!spending millions on ur child is not enough but making sure u monitor ur child as well!its so unfortunate!may his soul rest in perfect peace!!
You've spoken very well and reasonably too![color=#550000][/color]
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Bigpapi: 6:31am On Dec 07, 2021
shigishege:

Ur armpit dey smell like cow .... anytime u enter this room we dey know because of ur Hausa body odour..mumu

3 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by ZIAZI(m): 6:33am On Dec 07, 2021
Even the parents of the deceased ought to have withdrawn their ward from the school after they got wind of the bullying. I know they never contemplated this, but bullying is not something to be toiled with.
I remember when some SS3 students used corporal punishment on my sister. Her face was swollen as at the time she came home with a bloodied school uniform. Mehn! I carry like 5 rugged niggas to mount that school oooo! School close that day, wallahi! Both teachers and students dey run up and down.
When I saw the culprits, I could not do anything because they were pretty young. I was contemplating to meet those big bearded guys and I met weaklings!
Nobody touched my sister till she graduated, not even the principal could.

3 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Kobicove(m): 6:35am On Dec 07, 2021
This is a wake up call to all schools to take proactive steps to address bullying undecided

2 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Peerlessme(f): 6:41am On Dec 07, 2021
sammirano:
People are really dumb in this country. Is it the school that killed the boy. If anyone should be held responsible, its the boys that killed him. Which kind of upside down country is this

When students leave home and go to boarding schools, under who's care are they?
A. The school.
B. Fellow students. one sef.

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by StreetFight: 6:44am On Dec 07, 2021
shigishege:

Must will bring tribalism to every topic? Truly, I believe that Mr. Falana is better than IPOB lawyers individually, but can he be better than all the lawyers combined? I doubt it. Meanwhile, Mr Falana is also El-Zakzaky's lawyer and El-Zakzaky spent donkey years in prison even when El-Zakzaky didn't confront the blood sucking vampire government like Mazi Nnamdi KANU has been doing .
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by xpool(m): 6:51am On Dec 07, 2021
ParkleElegant:

Nah you stupid pass
I swear!
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by greatness77: 6:56am On Dec 07, 2021
shigishege:
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by heykims(m): 6:56am On Dec 07, 2021
Pro bono I suppose
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by timefarm(m): 7:06am On Dec 07, 2021
legba1:

J

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Emerged Best UTME Candidate With 360 Score - Umeh Nkechinyere / Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo) / Oou Post Ume/de Is Out. Details Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.