Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa (2409 Views)

Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar / Kwese Sports, BON Reach Agreement To Broadcast World Cup To Nigerians Live / 2018 World Cup To Be Broadcast In Pidgin And Hausa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by pafra(m): 9:23am On Dec 07, 2021
I REGRET BRINGING WORLD CUP TO AFRICA AND IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN- SEPP PLATTER �

Joseph “Sepp” Blatter is a retired Swiss football administrator who was the eighth President of the FIFA from 1998 to 2015. He is currently serving a six-year ban from participating in FIFA activities.

Former FIFA President, Sepp Blatter admitted that his biggest mistake was to bring World Cups to Africa.

Recall that between 2009 and 2010, Africa hosted all the FIFA World Cups. Nigeria hosted the U17 World Cup, Egypt the U20 the biggest of them all, the senior World Cup was hosted by South Africa, and Blatter admitted that the scenario created enemity for him although and he’s proud to have made such a mistake.

“I am proud of this mistake, it made me to be hated by anti-Africans, they started to investigate us, they brought up propaganda information that black mailed us.

“Things just escalated when I launched a one goal organization to build African infrastructure, that upsets the western world and this is the only mistake I will always be proud of, he said.

Sepp Blatter does not see Africa hosting the Fifa World Cup anytime soon due to powerful forces against the idea.

“But where there is a will, there is a way, and therefore we brought this World Cup to Africa, to South Africa. The first [time World Cup in Africa] and I think for the time being, the only one and I cannot see if they will be a second one. I am happy that it has been realised.”

Blatter and FIFA have often been dogged by controversy and allegations of corruption.His tenure has seen controversy over allegations of financial mismanagement and the acceptance of bribes resulting in Qatar’s successful 2022 World Cup.

5 Likes

Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by Stomoney(m): 9:29am On Dec 07, 2021
Baba leave african alone, you corrupt cool. Simple
Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by Logdots78: 9:37am On Dec 07, 2021
I'm not surprised

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by SadiqBabaSani: 9:40am On Dec 07, 2021
He might have a point bt i still feel hes try na deflect attention

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by pafra(m): 9:41am On Dec 07, 2021
[quote author=Stomoney post=108283972]Baba leave african alone, you corrupt cool. Simple[/quot
Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by pafra(m): 9:43am On Dec 07, 2021
SadiqBabaSani:
He might have a point bt i still feel hes try na deflect attention

If he was not corrupt there will be nothing to investigate
Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 07, 2021
Did you steal or not Sepp Blatter?

Thanks for all you did for Africa though.

When I become the president of Nigeria, I will rename the Nnamdi Azikwe international airport to the Sepp Blatter international airport, Abuja.
Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by Benbellamor: 9:47am On Dec 07, 2021
Stomoney:
you don't get it..yes he is corrupt so others too... Many are not investigated but the moment he support Africa... Investigations doubled and every anti Africans were willing to make available data in their domain to nail him...he got no cooperation unlike when he favour European countries.. Same people will tidy up evidence and make them unavailable

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by spy24(m): 9:48am On Dec 07, 2021
Story
Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by talk2hb1(m): 10:20am On Dec 07, 2021
This is Another Heart Break Song!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by michlins(m): 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2021
Stomoney:
who no corrupt for FIFA. Europeans think they own football and anyone who wants to take it elsewhere must be brought down
Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by paulolee(m): 12:13pm On Dec 07, 2021
his best reward to Africa in his reign n he really tried, it will take another donkey years for another world cup in Africa
asif na we poor or worst pass..

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by akosy(m): 12:31pm On Dec 07, 2021
K

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2021
CORRUPTION AMONG WHITES IS NOT SO GLARING LIKE IT HAPPENS SO OPENLY IN AFRICA. undecided
Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by Rickmann: 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2021
pafra:
I REGRET BRINGING WORLD CUP TO AFRICA AND IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN- SEPP PLATTER �

Joseph “Sepp” Blatter is a retired Swiss football administrator who was the eighth President of the FIFA from 1998 to 2015. He is currently serving a six-year ban from participating in FIFA activities.

Former FIFA President, Sepp Blatter admitted that his biggest mistake was to bring World Cups to Africa.

Recall that between 2009 and 2010, Africa hosted all the FIFA World Cups. Nigeria hosted the U17 World Cup, Egypt the U20 the biggest of them all, the senior World Cup was hosted by South Africa, and Blatter admitted that the scenario created enemity for him although and he’s proud to have made such a mistake.

“I am proud of this mistake, it made me to be hated by anti-Africans, they started to investigate us, they brought up propaganda information that black mailed us.

“Things just escalated when I launched a one goal organization to build African infrastructure, that upsets the western world and this is the only mistake I will always be proud of, he said.

Sepp Blatter does not see Africa hosting the Fifa World Cup anytime soon due to powerful forces against the idea.

“But where there is a will, there is a way, and therefore we brought this World Cup to Africa, to South Africa. The first [time World Cup in Africa] and I think for the time being, the only one and I cannot see if they will be a second one. I am happy that it has been realised.”

Blatter and FIFA have often been dogged by controversy and allegations of corruption.His tenure has seen controversy over allegations of financial mismanagement and the acceptance of bribes resulting in Qatar’s successful 2022 World Cup.

Lolll
I guess that's cos it was southafrica 2010 that exposed you..
Thief grin
Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by Mbataku96(m): 4:47pm On Dec 07, 2021
Regardless of his current situation, this guy try for Africa, for Africa to host three world cups in one decade no be child's, since he left watin Africa don host
Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by AoifeNightfall: 7:19pm On Dec 07, 2021
Logdots78:
I'm not surprised

Me too.

Racism is still rife in the US a few days ago, a club in Miami refused to let black women in till Cardi B insisted they go in else she would not perform.

I used to think black Americans are playing the victim card but they are not, they aren't at all. I've read and seen too many experiences both from blacks and whites in America online, racism is still a huge issue all over the world.
Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by Chikwes: 7:23pm On Dec 07, 2021
Kudos to you, you did well, dont regret it plz
Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by Numerouno94(m): 7:31pm On Dec 07, 2021
The title is misleading.
Re: I Regret Bringing World Cup To Africa by Pumpumking: 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2021
AoifeNightfall:

Me too.

Racism is still rife in the US a few days ago, a club in Miami refused to let black women in till Cardi B insisted they go in else she would not perform.

I used to think black Americans are playing the victim card but they are not, they aren't at all. I've read and seen too many experiences both from blacks and whites in America online, racism is still a huge issue all over the world.

i beg please let me yansh u nah...haba...dont u hav taste? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Creates Stunning Hyperealistic Pictures Of Lionel Messi / Download Free Pc Football Game Better Than Winning Eleven Here / Only A Jobless Coach Will Accept Eagles Job - Felix Owolabi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.