Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture (795 Views)

Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja / Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist / Sanwo-olu's Supporters Slapped And Beaten By Ambode's Loyalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by gidgiddy: 10:19am On Dec 07, 2021
Civil Defence Operatives Brutalise PUNCH Journalist In Imo After Labelling Him IPOB Spy

While one of the NSCDC operatives hit him with the butt of his rifle, the other punched him in his left eye and smashed one of his smartphones.

Operatives of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, Owerri, on Monday, brutalised the Imo State correspondent of PUNCH Newspapers, Chidiebube Okeoma, saying he was a spy for the Indigenous People of Biafra’s militia wing, the Eastern Security Network. The operatives, who were attached to the Federal Girls Government College, thereafter arrested and bundled him to their command headquarters.

While one of the NSCDC operatives hit him with the butt of his rifle, the other punched him in his left eye and smashed one of his smartphones.

The journalist was released after he was interrogated by a senior officer at the command headquarters.

Okeoma was later treated at the Chapel Group Hospital, Ikenegbu-Owerri, after he lost a lot of blood.

The journalist, while narrating his ordeal, said, “We were at the FGGC, Owerri, to meet the school’s principal over a viral video where a senior student of the school was seen bullying a junior student. At the gate, the security men (NSCDC officers) stopped us and on inquiry, they said that the principal was not around.

“I asked them to take us to the vice-principal and they said he was not on seat. I asked them to take me to the next-in-command; they asked me to return next week. I told them that it was urgent, and this was when they started bullying me.

Thereafter, two armed NSCDC officers emerged and started beating me. One of them hit me with the butt of his rifle and my head was broken. While in a pool of blood, they dragged me barefoot to their command headquarters like a common criminal. While I was being dragged to their headquarters, one of the officers said I came to kidnap the students. He labelled me a member of the Eastern Security Network.

“At their command headquarters, I was interrogated by a senior officer and was later allowed to go. I immediately went to a hospital and was treated. I have gone to the Shall Camp Police Division to make a statement.”

The reporter, who noted that one of the officers threatened to kill him, said he reported the matter at a police station in the area.

However, the state Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Hussaini, who sympathised with the journalist, said only the NSCDC could redress the wrong.

He urged Okeoma to report to the nearest command of the agency.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/07/civil-defence-operatives-brutalise-punch-journalist-imo-after-labelling-him-ipob-spy

Re: PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by Sctests: 10:26am On Dec 07, 2021
See Ekuke civil defense wey dem give guns just yesterday don dey strong pari.

Wonders. grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by Arda1000(m): 10:32am On Dec 07, 2021
And u say make I pity any dead uniformed men?
Ogun punish una one by one

2 Likes

Re: PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by BKayy: 10:33am On Dec 07, 2021
As far as I am concerned, this idiot is a Terrorist.

The same punch has been carrying the news of innocent men and women brandished IPOB and terrorists, so on behalf of reasonable people, the so called Journalists is lying, he is a bona-fide terrorist.
They should have killed him and place two AK-47 by his side like the innocent Igbo youths he helped Nigeria spread their propaganda.

Since we all want to be mad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by jlinkd78(m): 11:04am On Dec 07, 2021
And unfortunately even Punch is terrified to report this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by Danjikanbauchi: 11:05am On Dec 07, 2021
Na for East even common civil defence we used as toilet tissue here deh get power.

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by Conrod: 11:07am On Dec 07, 2021
BKayy:
As far as I am concerned, this idiot is a Terrorist.

The same punch has been carrying the news of innocent men and women brandished IPOB and terrorists, so on behalf of reasonable people, the so called Journalists is lying, he is a bona-fide terrorist.

Since we all want to be mad
Personally,i like what they did to him,his lagos and abuja editors and thousands of their readers will by this maltreatment understand the fact that most of those they kill and report as "terrorists" and Igbos\esn are in fact INNOCENTS.

3 Likes

Re: PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by Tranquillity360: 11:10am On Dec 07, 2021
And PUNCH news will still be helping Nigeria terrorist force in propagating lies against Ipob.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by aryzgreat: 11:12am On Dec 07, 2021
It will get to the politicians soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by BlackfireX: 11:36am On Dec 07, 2021
He looks like ipob sef
Re: PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by conductor20000: 11:42am On Dec 07, 2021
BlackfireX:
He looks like ipob sef
How does IPOB look? Boko Haram terrorist

1 Like

Re: PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by AntiBMC(m): 11:42am On Dec 07, 2021
See small nyansh dey shake o. Civil defence too? cheesy

Punch can't even carry d news of their own reporter. Cowards.

They should keep on furthering the narratives of this Fulani-led dictatorship. Eventually, e go reach everybody.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by BlackfireX: 11:44am On Dec 07, 2021
conductor20000:

How does IPOB look? Boko Haram terrorist

Ipob terrorist spotted
Re: PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by dasparrow: 11:49am On Dec 07, 2021
The brutality and wickedness in Nigeria is too much. Why would they do this to the innocent journalist? Later now, someone will wonder why many Igbos want out of Nigeria. Can you blame them? Nigerian security agents keep brutalizing people in the Eastern part of Nigeria. It's not right. Let's speak up against injustice. An injustice to one is an injustice to all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by conductor20000: 11:54am On Dec 07, 2021
BlackfireX:

Ipob terrorist spotted
IPOB, the first "terrorist" group that is recognized as terrorist only in Daura, Katsina State (a place where cow is more intelligent and respected than human being).

Boko Haram terrorist, I have seen you already. cheesy

Re: PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture by headSmasher: 11:57am On Dec 07, 2021
Chidiebere okeoma, why is he denying the is is not IPOB, but every Igbos is an IPOB member, Ndi dots

(1) (Reply)

Do People Practice Their Algorithm With Nairaland.com? / 2023: Ohanaeze Sets Aside N10bn Support Fund For Igbo Presidency / Seun Osewa: If Russia Practiced Democracy, They Wouldn't Have Invaded Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.