Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja (584 Views)

PUNCH Journalist Arrested And Beaten, Branded IPOB - Picture / Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja / Lagos CP, Odumosu Apologises Over Assault On PUNCH Journalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by ogododo: 9:42pm On Feb 04, 2021
Gunmen have abducted a PUNCH journalist, Okechukwu Nnodim, at his house in the Arab road area of Kubwa, Abuja, on Wednesday night.

The kidnappers also attacked his neighbours and went away with the two sons of a widow, Mrs Faith Gbeyide.

Narrating the incident on Thursday, Nnodim’s wife, Oluchi explained that her husband was working on his laptop when five strange men scaled the fence and entered their compound while ordering them to open the door.

She said the gunmen fired several shots at the windows and subsequently pulled down the burglary proof after which they forced open the front door.

“My husband asked me to stay with the children in their room. I heard the men asking him to bring out money but he told them he didn’t have money in the house.

“They took our phones and marched him out of the house. They went to our neighbour’s house and also abducted her two sons.”

Madam Gbeyide explained that her son opened the door when the men threatened to kill them if they refused.

She stated, “They took the N9,000 in my purse, upturned the television set in the room, and went away with my first son. My second son started following them and they also took him away.”

The FCT police spokesperson, ASP Miriam Yusuf, confirmed the incident.

https://punchng.com/gunmen-abduct-punch-journalist-two-others-in-abuja/
Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by Bola146(f): 9:45pm On Feb 04, 2021
cry When will these wahala stop? sad
Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by ogododo: 9:45pm On Feb 04, 2021
Abuja don red, but very very safe based on pale Lai.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by TinubuGoQuench(f): 9:49pm On Feb 04, 2021
Where are the paid 5k BMC fools?
Vulture griller, you are cursed forever!
You shall never know peace in your life

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by Racoon(m): 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2021
Right in the city of Abuja! A poor widow who is thinking of how to raise her two children.Yet a president sits as the lame duck that he is?

Where is governor Zulum, Lai Mohammed, Femi Adeshina & all their high graded mummified zombies who said no bombs raining is evidence of no insecurity? May this evil befall you and your families.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by Racoon(m): 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2021
TinubuGoQuench:
Where are the paid 5k BMC fools? Vulture griller, you are cursed forever!You shall never know peace in your life
Amen sir.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by nairalander2020(m): 9:52pm On Feb 04, 2021
Even widow?
Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by TooMuchStuff: 9:57pm On Feb 04, 2021
E Don dey red for Abuja people o! Fulanis are here
Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by PDJT: 9:57pm On Feb 04, 2021
-Hmm. Nigeria don die finish.

-Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, you’re indeed a prophet but I don’t think you have realised that.

-Kubwa, wey my girlfriend dey. Make no one touch my girl oo. Else things go happen oo!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by IamWonderful: 10:00pm On Feb 04, 2021
Ok
Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by Nbotee(m): 10:03pm On Feb 04, 2021
Kidnappers now go to ppl's houses to kidnap victims.. Dat shows U the level of insecurity in the country.. Outside U are not safe, even in ur house U are still not safe

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by luvmijeje(f): 10:12pm On Feb 04, 2021
Something is off. They came specifically for someone and they left specifically with that person while others were taken to throw of the scent.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by oladeebo: 10:12pm On Feb 04, 2021
by the time all Nigerian will be kidnapped, the people will chase Fulani to nowhere.
Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by LibertyRep: 10:18pm On Feb 04, 2021
If the man has a licensed rifle for instance, would they have been largely successful in their operation?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by 4ckyou: 10:39pm On Feb 04, 2021
Buhari is a total failure, I just hope the bandits go after the politicians there and leave the civilians alone.
Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by Ogonimilitant(m): 11:05pm On Feb 04, 2021
Punch is setting igbo journalists
Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by MrValthegreat: 11:19pm On Feb 04, 2021
This has become a recurring news, who will bail the cat oh Lord! For we do not have any government to defend us.

Don't let this opportunity pass you by like Bitcoin did, start mining now before it is fully launched to become a VIP and earn big.

Download at https://bee.games/download.html use 'valthegreat' as your referral link.
Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by ogododo: 11:34pm On Feb 04, 2021
MrValthegreat:
This has become a recurring news, who will bail the cat oh Lord! For we do not have any government to defend us.

Don't let this opportunity pass you by like Bitcoin did, start mining now before it is fully launched to become a VIP and earn big.

Download at https://bee.games/download.html use 'valthegreat' as your referral link.

Make gofarment allow every person own lugar
Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by slivertongue: 11:39pm On Feb 04, 2021
:GMB is still on the drawing board
Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by triple996(m): 11:40pm On Feb 04, 2021
Which kind of wahala is these.
The country capital should not fall into these madness woo
Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by bcomputer101: 1:04am On Feb 05, 2021
Just imagine oooo, federal capital is not even safe...

May God keep protecting us from the family member of that mannequin in aso rock
Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by chiemmanuel(m): 6:22am On Feb 05, 2021
embarassed
Re: Gunmen Abduct PUNCH Journalist, Two Others In Abuja by ogododo: 8:24am On Feb 05, 2021
Lalasticlala I wan buy licesend luggar

(1) (Reply)

There Is A Lot To Tell The Pope About His Person - APC Threatens To Report Mbaka / NAF Neutralises Bandits Congregating To Attack A Community In Kaduna / Two(2) Army Service Chiefs Who Had Earlier Died In Air Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.