Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,302 members, 7,846,348 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) (18684 Views)

A Nairalander Graduates From Flying School. / I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss / A Nairalander Bought Me A New Safety Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by pegix(m): 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2021
Mrbenny001:
Nigerian don't appreciate anything..
We just have to carve out niche for ourselves and strife to succeed by all legit means
word
Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by seunH: 9:20pm On Dec 07, 2021
Focusmind:
The funny thing is that 99% of the graduands never chose Vet as their preferred course. Circumstances pushed them to the course.
But after given, they later fell in love with it and graduated, so what's the issue here. Btw, if you fail in Vet school, you would be given other courses to chose from, hence if they didnt like the Vet med all they needed to do was simply fail!!!. And pls check that statistics again, 99% is an exaggeration

3 Likes

Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by pegix(m): 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2021
Op u don graduate now

Reality begins

God help u man......e go be
Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by DocAdray(f): 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2021
dokitaeleran:
Junior colleague bawo. LOL. We don become the same already. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by temmienewells(m): 9:45pm On Dec 07, 2021
xeratek:
Why you are acting like a lunatic in the second pic grin
When you're so used to being with Animals �
Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by sheymite(m): 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2021
Congratulations bro
Welcome to the noble profession
So much love from me
SOS.....
Dogshow:
Many people have heard it that Veterinary medicine is one of the toughest professions in Nigeria because our patients cannot describe what really is wrong with their system.

I gained admission into the premier University of Ibadan to study Veterinary medicine in 2014/15 for a six-year degree duration, and finally signed out from the noble faculty, 6th December, 2021

IMO...years of emotional and psychologically letdown, coupled with the fear and anxiety of the almighty DVM Part 1, 11 and 111 exams on a back to back basis.

I'm super grateful to God Almighty, and excited for the next step ahead.

Big congrats to me!

3 Likes

Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by sheymite(m): 10:28pm On Dec 07, 2021
Good to hear
Ahmback:
I sight you bro. I'm in my 2nd year also studying vet med. I know i'll make it there too
Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by Cousin9999: 12:21am On Dec 08, 2021
Congrats, bro.

Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by Dogshow(m): 5:08am On Dec 08, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Congratulations Dr...

I'm thinking about neutering my male dog...
Can you advise me if I should go ahead or ignore the idea .... Thanks
Kindly call or send a text to: 08123717497
Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by Dogshow(m): 5:10am On Dec 08, 2021
IvarDboneless:

Bros abeg I go need your num cus of my dog
Kindly call or send a t ext to 08123717497
Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by Dogshow(m): 5:12am On Dec 08, 2021
sheymite:
Congratulations bro
Welcome to the noble profession
So much love from me
SOS.....
Thanks, presido!

1 Like

Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by BigDawsNet: 6:29am On Dec 08, 2021
Dogshow:

Kindly call or send a text to: 08123717497

I based outside Nigeria
I just need an advice that's all
Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by eteba(m): 6:37am On Dec 08, 2021
Offpoint1:
7 years to treat an animal that pot and fire can handle in less than 2 hours depending on the size?
what a waste of human time.

No hard feelings bro, I respect the zeal to study... wasting 7 years of your life for the sake of food God gave us is big a NO NO for me, I rather my son becomes a Bobrisky.
iseee! low budget bobrisky shall b ur portion.

1 Like

Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by Dogshow(m): 9:30am On Dec 08, 2021
BigDawsNet:

I based outside Nigeria
I just need an advice that's all
As for your humble question, neutering is an elective procedure and i would advise that neutering a dog is based on age/size of your dog and the sole purpose of it.. I guess your dog must have been demonstrating some naughty behaviors like aggressiveness which must have warranted such. If this, you can go ahead as it will make your dog more calm, reduces the size of an enlarged prostrate and less fight with other dogs, but it can be contraindicated in some giant breeds of dogs like Golden Retriever, Labrador Retriever predisposing them to some associated joint disorders and neoplasia.

I hope this gives an insight.
Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by BigDawsNet: 10:17am On Dec 08, 2021
Dogshow:

As for your humble question, neutering is an elective procedure and i would advise that neutering a dog is based on age/size of your dog and the sole purpose of it.. I guess your dog must have been demonstrating some naughty behaviors like aggressiveness which must have warranted such. If this, you can go ahead as it will make your dog more calm, reduces the size of an enlarged prostrate and less fight with other dogs, but it can be contraindicated in some giant breeds of dogs like Golden Retriever, Labrador Retriever predisposing them to some associated joint disorders and neoplasia.

I hope this gives an insight.

Yes, somehow aggressive and he like to claim territory... No single dog can walk past my street without attempting to challenge or fight accompanying with heavy barking... But his kinda calm with human but only aggressive with other dogs...

His a golden retriever/ 2years
Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by Dshocker(m): 11:03am On Dec 08, 2021
xeratek:
Why you are acting like a lunatic in the second pic grin

grin grin grin no be small lunatic
Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by yemmywesey(m): 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
Useless faculty in ui.
I borrowed a course In veterinary anatomy, VAN 225, very useless course like that.

Anyway congrats bro.
Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by Zeeknow3245(m): 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
Congrats Dr. You really worked hard for it. You had to battle serious hazards; physical, emotional and mental. You're strong.
I just want to quickly call out some ignorant people who justify their Ignorance here.
Veterinary Medicine is very diversified. A Vet graduate wouldn't feel the heat working under pressure at all. Many Vets are into business. One of the very few courses that teaches you independence. We must be frank with ourselves how many courses makes you independent?
Some people mocking this Veterinary Medicine are quacks making money off of it. Some people here also are doing courses that people consider great and at the end will become jobless and hateful.
There are many Vets across various sectors of business. Agriculture? Banking and Finance? Education? Politics? Health?.
Some people also go as far as claiming to be Vets meanwhile they're just Animal scientists, breeders, animal husbandry graduates,etc.
Some people say people don't value pets. I will tell you something YOU ARE BROKE.
Who cares about Animals? That Businessman that trains an average of 15-3000 birds for sell, egg, feathers. Who cares about Animals? The Vet who invests in time to go into the business of Animal feed. Who cares about his customers, hustling day and night so they can get the right feed to boost their animals yield and also to cater for their families.
Who cares about Animals? That big breeder who imports foreign dogs for sale and would not want enter losses.
Who cares about Animals? Pet owners who can sacrifice their money for their pets comfort.
Who cares about Animals? The Government that has a Research Institute specifically for Animals and things relating to animals (NVRI). That has a functional vaccine production facility? Trains paraveterinary workers? Tests Covid? Researches on zoonotic diseases? When was the last time a Vaccine for humans was produced in Nigeria? 1991? Yet people say Nigeria doesn't care about Animals?.
Who cares about Animals? The state government who have large animal farms to cater for the shortages of beef. Actively producing milk, fish, eggs, pork etc.
Who cares about Animals? Who cares about Animals!!!!!! The Military, The Paramilitary. Drug Agencies, Zoos etc. Who cares about Vets? I see. Should we start mentioning Vet Teaching Hospitals? Private Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals?
Even that Vet that you think is small. Giving Animal injection, sell pets, sell animal food and drugs and giving advice making over 200 -300 thousand for a start is far better than some people with their pride and ego making 80k and still spewing trash from their mouth here on NLAND whereas you can be sacked at anytime. He decides his time, decides his income and decides who he employs as his assistant.
I see Ignorance here. Some may call me a Liar but check what Sanwo Olu is doing in Lagos. What Akeredolu is doing in Ondo as well as many Governors. We are just too Petty and pained on NLAND.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by seunH: 5:55am On Dec 10, 2021
Zeeknow3245:
Congrats Dr. You really worked hard for it. You had to battle serious hazards; physical, emotional and mental. You're strong.
I just want to quickly call out some ignorant people who justify their Ignorance here.
Veterinary Medicine is very diversified. A Vet graduate wouldn't feel the heat working under pressure at all. Many Vets are into business. One of the very few courses that teaches you independence. We must be frank with ourselves how many courses makes you independent?
Some people mocking this Veterinary Medicine are quacks making money off of it. Some people here also are doing courses that people consider great and at the end will become jobless and hateful.
There are many Vets across various sectors of business. Agriculture? Banking and Finance? Education? Politics? Health?.
Some people also go as far as claiming to be Vets meanwhile they're just Animal scientists, breeders, animal husbandry graduates,etc.
Some people say people don't value pets. I will tell you something YOU ARE BROKE.
Who cares about Animals? That Businessman that trains an average of 15-3000 birds for sell, egg, feathers. Who cares about Animals? The Vet who invests in time to go into the business of Animal feed. Who cares about his customers, hustling day and night so they can get the right feed to boost their animals yield and also to cater for their families.
Who cares about Animals? That big breeder who imports foreign dogs for sale and would not want enter losses.
Who cares about Animals? Pet owners who can sacrifice their money for their pets comfort.
Who cares about Animals? The Government that has a Research Institute specifically for Animals and things relating to animals (NVRI). That has a functional vaccine production facility? Trains paraveterinary workers? Tests Covid? Researches on zoonotic diseases? When was the last time a Vaccine for humans was produced in Nigeria? 1991? Yet people say Nigeria doesn't care about Animals?.
Who cares about Animals? The state government who have large animal farms to cater for the shortages of beef. Actively producing milk, fish, eggs, pork etc.
Who cares about Animals? Who cares about Animals!!!!!! The Military, The Paramilitary. Drug Agencies, Zoos etc. Who cares about Vets? I see. Should we start mentioning Vet Teaching Hospitals? Private Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals?
Even that Vet that you think is small. Giving Animal injection, sell pets, sell animal food and drugs and giving advice making over 200 -300 thousand for a start is far better than some people with their pride and ego making 80k and still spewing trash from their mouth here on NLAND whereas you can be sacked at anytime. He decides his time, decides his income and decides who he employs as his assistant.
I see Ignorance here. Some may call me a Liar but check what Sanwo Olu is doing in Lagos. What Akeredolu is doing in Ondo as well as many Governors. We are just too Petty and pained on NLAND.
Excellent write up, keep it up

1 Like

Re: 7 Years In Vet School, A Nairalander Finally Signed Out (pics) by lebienconnu: 6:03am On Dec 10, 2021
Congratulations Doc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NSCDC New Salary Scale Structure (updated) / Why You Must Learn Digital Marketing / Some Moment You Can Relate To In Arms Force Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.