Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,288 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks (45275 Views)

Joy Edordu, Mother Of Dowen College Bully Deletes Her Instagram Account (Photos) / A Female Celebrity Is The Owner Of Dowen College – Ubi Franklin Reveals / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by ijustdey: 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2021
The mother of Edward Brown, one of the students who allegedly tortured the 12-year-old student of Dowen College, Sylvester Oromoni Jnr. has finally reacted.

Ms Oluchi Sunday in a statement issued on Tuesday stressed that her son wasn’t involved in Sylvester’s death.

Sylvester’s cousin, Perry Oromoni had taken to social media to allege that some senior pupils of the college beat him up in his hostel room for refusing to join a cult.

The school, however, denied the claim, stating that the boy complained of pain in his legs and hip following an injury he sustained while playing football.

The Lagos State Government on Friday, December 3, 2021, following a public outcry, ordered the shutting down of the school indefinitely to ensure a thorough investigation.

Since his death made news, the names of some students he reportedly mentioned as attacking him before he passed on have been shared online.

Edward’s mum, Ms Oluchi Sunday, in a statement, has denied her son’s involvement in the unfortunate incident.

According to her, Edward is a day student and wasn’t on the school premises on the day Sylvester was attacked.

Her statement reads:

“It has come to my attention that some individuals caused rumours to be peddled on social media platforms suggesting that my son Edward Brown is one of the students allegedly involved in the beating of the late Sylvester Oromoni Jr at a Dowen College hostel, which resulted in his untimely death.

“To set the record straight, I wish to bring the following facts to the public notice, which demonstrate that such rumours are false, malicious and lack any basis whatsoever:

“1. My son is a day student and has never been a boarder.

“2. Because my son is a day student, he was not on the school premises at the time when the unfortunate incident occurred, precisely on the night of 21st November 2021, during a weekend and so, could not have been in the hostel as alleged.

“3. In a social media post made on 1st of December 2021, on the deceased’s elder brother’s Instagram page, “greatoromonii”, five names, including Dowen College were mentioned before the conclusion: “… just know he called your names before he died”. My son’s name was not among those names.

“As a result of these false and malicious rumours, my son and I have been under constant attack via social media, with insults and threats being hurled at us daily. This has caused us much emotional distress and mental trauma.

“Therefore, on behalf of myself and my son, Edward Brown, I hereby demand that managers of social media and other platforms where the false and libellous rumours are circulating, immediately retract the offending posts and tender a public apology to us.

“We commiserate with the Oromini family for the tragic loss of Sylvester Oromini Jr and pray for the repose of his soul.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/12/07/mother-of-edward-brown-alleged-dowen-college-bully-speaks/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by ShobayoEmma(m): 6:16pm On Dec 07, 2021
looking for cheap public sympathy ahead of her child appearance in court. Eye for an eye

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by streetsoldier1(m): 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2021
ShobayoEmma:
looking for cheap public sympathy ahead of her child appearance in court.
Eye for an eye

broz why not verify if she is saying the truth or not

320 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by BabbanBura(m): 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2021
ijustdey:

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/12/07/mother-of-edward-brown-alleged-dowen-college-bully-speaks/

Lalasticlala

Being a day student doesn't preclude him from being part of the crime. Where was he at the exact period rhe crime Happen? He could as well be at home and direct the act remotely, so his call logs and chats need to be reviewed in details before you and your son can be set free as being innocent!

239 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by ednut1(m): 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2021
BabbanBura:

Being a day student doesn't preclude him from being part of the crime. Where was he at the exact period rhe crime Happen? He could as well be at home and direct the act remotely, so his call logs and chats need to be reviewed in details before you and your son can be set free as being innocent!
chief justice of social media I see you. just look at the nonsense you typed. talking as if you be police or chief prosecutor

130 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by codedguy1(m): 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2021
BabbanBura:

If you have nothing reasonable to say why not shut up.

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by floss(m): 8:13pm On Dec 07, 2021
Hmmm... only two things can set Edward Brown free;

1. Wake Sylvester from the dead so that we hear from the horse's mouth if he's innocent or not.
2. The court proving beyond every reasonable doubt that Edward Brown is innocent.

Anything far from the above is just like asking Buhari to provide his Waec results... waste of time.

120 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by Guyman02: 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2021
Single mothers raising sons is one of the biggest family problems among blacks in America and it seems we are now seeing it here.
Ms Oluchi allow your son to respond to his indictment, if he is found innocent he will be exonerated from the crime

118 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2021
Make she calm down....Make investigation finish....before she start yarning okoto mianmian grin

47 Likes

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by fernandoc(m): 8:42pm On Dec 07, 2021
Guyman02:
Single mothers raising sons is one of the biggest family problems among blacks in America and it seems we are now seeing it here.
Ms Oluchi allow your son to respond to his indictment, if he is found innocent he will be exonerated from the crime
You stvpid well well shaa

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by ZendayaColeman(f): 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
Damage control

5 Likes

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by tutudesz: 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
Madam hand over your son to the police undecided

18 Likes

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by Mko123(m): 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
[color=#770077][/color] pls, what is Justice malami saying over this case. Nairaland need rest sometimes oo
Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by Agaua(m): 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
May we not get pikin wey go trouble our soul ooo

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by fasho01(m): 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2021
Denials upon denials. I'll await the outcome of the investigation

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by Bilabong(m): 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2021
Everyone is defending themselves, before u know the school will deny admitting Sylvester.

91 Likes

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2021
grin Detective Burantanshi You Thinkam true true, But this lady won't make a solid rebuttal like this if her son's alibi doesn't stick...
So for now the guy isn't a prime suspect

BabbanBura:

8 Likes

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by EmekaBlue(m): 9:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
A mother must defend Her child

Don't blame her

11 Likes

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by JackDaAlienz(m): 9:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
I hereby demand that managers of social media and other platforms where the false and libellous rumours are circulating, immediately retract the offending posts and tender a public apology to us.

Madam come outside first and collect Public beating
Before Public Apology

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
Waity! Investigation will reveal if Edward Brown bullied Oromoni during school hours or not.

Only then can your son be exonerated so till then hold your peace!

34 Likes

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by MVLOX(m): 9:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
Let me read
Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2021
Even mother hens defend their own, so this is nothing special.

I just hope this story makes sense to her when the tables turn around! embarassed

15 Likes

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by tunapawizzy: 9:03pm On Dec 07, 2021
Guyman02:
Dont forget there are other kids whose names were mentioned and their parents are married and live together

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by AntiWailer: 9:04pm On Dec 07, 2021
ShobayoEmma:
Eye for an eye

She said her boy was a day student and all u could conclude is this thrash.

If the incident happened over the weekend and the boy never mentioned the boy so why will you conclude he was involved.

I hope nobody accuse u people wrongly. You will understand the stupidity in assuming the first news u hear is the truth.

Some are even making conclusion that it was because she is a single mother.

Men like you grow up and will eventually abandon the woman. Your reasonings are very faulty.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by verybadmouth(m): 9:05pm On Dec 07, 2021
All lies and deceit. Sylvester is the only one that can confidently tell how he was maltreated by those bastards. It didn't happen once. I am certain and sure this Edward of a boy is a main member of the gang and knows about the boys death.

Put them in a lie detector and see if they are truthful or otherwise

16 Likes

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by ninocia18(m): 9:05pm On Dec 07, 2021
Well, as much as I know that every mother will defend her child, I still want to say that there are forces in nature placed by God to avenge blood spilt unjustly. Parties involved should do what is right to appease the parents of this unfortunate child cuz God who sees in secret will definitely reward in the open.

11 Likes

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by Iliveforever(m): 9:05pm On Dec 07, 2021
You can never take away people’s joy and expect to have joy.

Sylvester family is likely to even take a hit on those suspects if justice doesn’t come.

That school should be closed forever as a punishment to every school that has absolute neglect towards their students..

They’re even more concerned about 25years anniversary grin grin..... they should thank their stars am not the governor of Lagos state

18 Likes

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by zeusdgrt(m): 9:05pm On Dec 07, 2021
Madam allow investigation finish before you talk.Nonsense!

10 Likes

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2021
She is a Ms not a Mrs..

That sums it up.. definitely a Toxic single mum..

She should be jailed in same room with Core rapists....

15 Likes

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by toujurs: 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2021
ShobayoEmma:
Eye for an eye
keep quiet jare, what if she is saying the truth undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of Edward Brown, Alleged Dowen College Bully Speaks by bestman09(m): 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2021
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adekunle Ajasin University Release Is Second List / Harvey And Irma: This Is How Hurricanes Get Their Names / Indian University Creates Cartoon Characters Of Students For Virtual Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.