Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) (18000 Views)

Adaeze Oshi: Nigerian Man Sold Me Into Slavery In Libya, A Stranger Rescued Me / Man jailed over Dud Cheque In Akure, Two Others Convicted In Abeokuta / EFCC Docks “Adeherself” For Possession Of Fraudulent Documents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by benjackugo: 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2021
EFCC Docks Entertainer for Dud Cheque (Photo)

EFCC Docks Entertainer for Dud Cheque

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Abuja Zonal Command today, December 7, 2021, arraigned one Simon Oshi, a 28-year-old businessman and entertainer before Justice N. Osun -Adebiyi for alleged issuance of dud cheque, IgbereTV reports.

The defendant was alleged to have received 400 pieces of iPads from Aweskim Technologies Limited and issued a cheque of N38,000,000:00 (Thirty-Eight Million Naira) only to the supplier as consideration for payment, but the cheque was returned unpaid due to insufficient funds standing to the credit of the drawer.

https://www.facebook.com/100064596373289/posts/270181305145080/

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by ObaOfUyo: 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2021
[s]
PrinceOfLagos:
This guys should stop giving Yoruba a bad name

It's either they are mining human skulls for ritual purposes or they are commiting fraud

We are tired
[/s]

Stop viewing every thread through the eyes of Tribalism

Get a brain

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by slawormiir: 11:30am On Dec 08, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

ObaOfUyo:
[s][/s]

Stop viewing every thread through the eyes of Tribalism

Get a brain
I don't know what people gain with all these their tribalism

Funny enough....they don't do this tribalism offline

In the street and they huzzle together, drink beer together
Smoke together.....

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by imeller: 11:30am On Dec 08, 2021
This is what the law has to say about this abhorrent practice.

In Nigeria, under the Dishonoured Cheques (Offences) Act[3] it is an offence to issue dud cheque. It is noteworthy that the Criminal Code or the Criminal Law of Lagos State did not specifically provide for an offence called issuance of dud cheque but it made provision for an offence of obtaining property by false pretence.

In a bid to deter the practice of issuance of dud cheque, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) came up with directives implementing measures to dissuade the commission of the offence. Where any person is found to have issued a dud cheque or is a serial user of dud cheque the banks would be empowered to do the following:

recall or cancel all unused cheque books issued to the serial user of dud cheques;
bar the affected user from the use of clearing system for a period of 5 years;
the name of the dud cheque offenders would be forwarded to three Private Credit Bureaux and Credit Risk Management System (CRMS);
the names of the offenders would be listed in the database of Credit Bureaux and Credit Risk Management System (CRMS) for a period of 5 years from the date of submission. The name of the offender would be removed after 5 years but if the offender is found to have committed another offence of issuance of dud cheque, the name of such offender shall be permanently reinstated on the database;
the serial issuer of dud cheque would be barred from accessing credit facilities from the banking system for a period of 5 years.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by donjosh47: 11:31am On Dec 08, 2021
Nigga wanna cash out using false pretence, A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by ForeThinker: 11:31am On Dec 08, 2021
Oyyanaa
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by Chiedu4Trump: 11:31am On Dec 08, 2021
sss
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by olusegzy01(m): 11:31am On Dec 08, 2021
Haaaaa
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by EricSmallz(m): 11:31am On Dec 08, 2021
Anything to make money
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by donjosh47: 11:31am On Dec 08, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

As a real nigarr wey dey follow up with you and your post, this is not right
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by BlissGod: 11:32am On Dec 08, 2021
Humans and evil, the main reason i don't accept cheque in my business.

If you can't transfer or give me cash. Move on.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by Macmoni(m): 11:32am On Dec 08, 2021
H
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by GboyegaD(m): 11:32am On Dec 08, 2021
He didn't even seem remorse for this act.
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by Gosj001: 11:32am On Dec 08, 2021
Oga o

More reason why cash and legit transfer is King!
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by Enoch07: 11:33am On Dec 08, 2021
I laugh
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by elmessiahs(m): 11:33am On Dec 08, 2021
No more insufficient fund atilope
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by atobs4real(m): 11:33am On Dec 08, 2021
419 and 410 every where now. ontop vanity upon vanity life
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by Pimpstar: 11:33am On Dec 08, 2021
shocked
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by Kingpele(m): 11:34am On Dec 08, 2021
U see your life, u want to entertain yourself and your girls with someone's sweat now u are going to entertain prisoners and prison guards when u get there and u are going to sweat it out for couple of months..a thieving entertainer

1 Like

Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by headSmasher: 11:34am On Dec 08, 2021
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by ipobarethieves: 11:34am On Dec 08, 2021
sadphat black PIG are THIEVES

1 Like

Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by tutudesz: 11:34am On Dec 08, 2021
400 pieces of iPads undecided the company management are very stupid in the 1st place undecided how can you supply such number of iPads without a single down payment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by HazzanTazzan(m): 11:34am On Dec 08, 2021
Wahala
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by JavaScript90: 11:34am On Dec 08, 2021
I hate scammers. People like this man has made life miserable for those of us that earns online

Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website and mobile apps for businesses and startups.
I have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market and startup agents. Check the link on my signature for details of the website.
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by driand(m): 11:35am On Dec 08, 2021
cool

To think that his surname is 'OSHI' says it all....

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by tstx(m): 11:36am On Dec 08, 2021
Oshi
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by FuckDModz: 11:36am On Dec 08, 2021
He was probably disappointed by a third party.

However, he should eat some watery beans to reset his mumu brain.
Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by ipobarethieves: 11:36am On Dec 08, 2021
sad may we not mistakenly carry EFCC blackboard denge pose sad

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Docks Entertainer, Simon Oshi, For Dud Cheque (Photo) by imeller: 11:37am On Dec 08, 2021
imeller:

This is what the law has to say about this abhorrent practice.

In Nigeria, under the Dishonoured Cheques (Offences) Act[3] it is an offence to issue dud cheque. It is noteworthy that the Criminal Code or the Criminal Law of Lagos State did not specifically provide for an offence called issuance of dud cheque but it made provision for an offence of obtaining property by false pretence.

In a bid to deter the practice of issuance of dud cheque, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) came up with directives implementing measures to dissuade the commission of the offence. Where any person is found to have issued a dud cheque or is a serial user of dud cheque the banks would be empowered to do the following:

recall or cancel all unused cheque books issued to the serial user of dud cheques;
bar the affected user from the use of clearing system for a period of 5 years;
the name of the dud cheque offenders would be forwarded to three Private Credit Bureaux and Credit Risk Management System (CRMS);
the names of the offenders would be listed in the database of Credit Bureaux and Credit Risk Management System (CRMS) for a period of 5 years from the date of submission. The name of the offender would be removed after 5 years but if the offender is found to have committed another offence of issuance of dud cheque, the name of such offender shall be permanently reinstated on the database;
the serial issuer of dud cheque would be barred from accessing credit facilities from the banking system for a period of 5 years.

The problem is does Nigeria has a centralized database for checking individual's credit score or rating?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

3-year-old Girl Goes Missing After Attending Church Service (photo) / 50-Year-Old Man Remanded For Defiling 4-Year-Old Girl In Ekiti / Hushpuppi, Kyari: Probe Panel Submits Amended Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.