Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting (22594 Views)

Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi / The Moment Lionel Messi Was Pronounced Winner Of The 2021 Ballon D'or Award / Ramos Invites Barca Stars To His Wedding, Ronaldo Snubbed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Lashist(m): 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2021
moyosore32:

They should rather pray and fast that fifa impose a fine on anyone who dribbles more than three players and assist more than 2goals in a match should be sent off... lmao
I swear...this is what kingcalls wants...dribbles and assists should be cancelled grin anybody that assists for a goal should be given red card grin

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by moyosore32: 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2021
gurunlocker:

Lol... The mad man even said assist is not goal, how many goals are scored without Assist?

Will Pendu have that number of goals if no one assisted him? Person wey never score up to 10 outside box goal for 5 years. grin

They know all these things, they just hate Messi..... Messi will be present in all stats, but you can only see the likes of Pendu and Lewa in goal stat which Messi will still rival them.

Asin d only thing wey dem still sabi pass wey na to score Messi still dey rival dem fiercely every other aspects of football Messi carry dem handicap
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2021
Szilard:

You're dumb AF

If you even watch football at all

You'll know that assists started becoming important when the footballers that give assists seemed to have had more work to do than the goalscorers themselves ...

Imagine when a player dribbles 3-4 defenders and passes the ball to a striker to Tap-into the net...

I can't even imagine what this fool is saying

Since assist isn't important, tell FIFA to stop including it their stats then...

If the striker is good enough

Let him work the ball from the midfield and score the goals all by himself

(Oh, I forgot....only Messi does that)

Then we'll stop classifying assists as a relevant stat

Mumu angry grin

U are a dumb fool....dribble 3 or 4 players is crap if it doesn't result to a goal...that simply shows u how useless it is... assists are forever handicapped... y dint u count interceptions and tackles as well?? They prevent goals but don't guarantee victory... only goals guarantee victory, the closest to goals is even keeper saves ... those are the only 2 things a football player can do to guarantee a goal...but u are tooooo dumb to know this

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Mosopzy23: 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2021
charlesm91:

Lewa has been consistent the past two years , and so, the organizers should’ve taken that into consideration given the fact that the award was canceled last year.
Coming over to National side, it’s fair to say Lewa will almost never win nothing with his nation except the usual upset that happens once in a while like Greece Euro 04. So for guys like him, his performances will be highly dependent on his club side. Poland has never been and currently isn’t a top tire footballing side unlike Argentina that have the history and world class players. They so much had the luxury to have played four finals, lost, and finally won. That’s the kind of luxury Lewa don’t have.
Individually, Lewa is a striker whose primary aim is to score. So it’s vague when people bring up stats like most passes, assists, pre assists, dribbles and use it as a basis to judge him when it’s not his job. Messi by nature of his footballing style will always triumph in that aspect

Your first paragraph sums everything up. You said he has been consistent for the past two season which is great. But you have to realize that the organisers of Ballond'or dont take into account two seasons. They only judge a player by the just concluded season's achievement. So I don't know y pple keep making the error of thinking Lewy's last 2seasons achievement would be considered.
So pls let's just stick to last season's achievement of both players and compare and contrast.
Secondly, on your last paragraph, you have to understand that football is evolving, assists and other criteria might not matter in the old football but trust me, they are beginning to matter now in modern football. For instance in the just concluded Euros , Ronaldo was adjudged the highest goal scorer by assists(correct me if I'm wrong). He and the guy in 2nd place were tied on equal goals, hence assists was used to determine the winner. So assists matters now in modern football.
Lastly, Messi is also a striker like Lewy yet he brings other features to his game aside goals so tell me why he shouldn't be a winner.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lashist:

Call it childrens cup all you like...it will hurt you real bad but its a competition not as big as Euros but its the biggest competition in south america...when he hasn't won it, pentium brains like you didn't remember its children's cup...the moment he won it, its suddenly a child's cup cheesy...now in terms of goals, messi still passed ronaldo, assists nko? He passed ronaldo...what of dribbles that you so much hate?? He pass am....man of the match nko?? Messi still pass ronaldo...guy stop watching soccer...rest small and pray that ronaldo does well
Please take it easy on that mumu

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by moyosore32: 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
tuzle:
Message fans will always say that Ronaldo fans don't like Messi l, that they always do bad belle. Yes Messi Was better than Ronaldo last season, but how will any reasonable person say Ronaldo didn't do anything last season. Lets leave bad mouthing alone, how many striker were as prolific as he was?
Bro’s nobody talk say Ronaldo no do
He no do reach Messi na wetin we talk and that’s on period

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lashist:

You see that dribbles eh...kingcalls hate to dey hear am grin the thing dey hurt am bad bad...kingcalls come and tell about the days ronaldo use to dribble everybody in ManU everyday cheesy grin
Kingcalls right now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lashist:

I swear...this is what kingcalls wants...dribbles and assists should be cancelled grin anybody that assists for a goal should be given red card grin

No one ever said dribbles and assists should b cancelled...but u guys are adding it as same as goals...which is wrong... only a goal or a save guarantees or not guarantees a goal

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Lashist(m): 12:44pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

It being a cup competition dont make it as big as the Euros...then let's also say the AFCON, the Asian cup and concacaf cup is as big as the euros... u fir also talk say cipa liberdetories is same with champions league or caf champions league is same with European champions league....or even say winning the Scottish league is same with winning the EPL cis they all bare the same name( league )... u are all clowns
AFCON is big too..that's why klopp was criticized for saying something similar to "afcon is a small competition" which he later told the press he never said that
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

Kingcalls right now

On top wetin...messi fans are just airhead... tufiakwa
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by moyosore32: 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2021
JohnnyPalmer:

See who una dey argue with

He legit said assists don't always produce goals grin

This one doesn't even know what to assist mean

I say na pesin wey dash am phone cause all ds yawa, nothing dey that him oblong head lol

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

You're a big bornfool and I will advise you to seek psychiatric evaluation before you self destruct.

Ur brain even stopped functioning at birth... but u think its working.... u and chimpanzee get the same brain frequency ...how wud u understand
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2021
charlesm91:

Lewa has been consistent the past two years , and so, the organizers should’ve taken that into consideration given the fact that the award was canceled last year.
Coming over to National side, it’s fair to say Lewa will almost never win nothing with his nation except the usual upset that happens once in a while like Greece Euro 04. So for guys like him, his performances will be highly dependent on his club side. Poland has never been and currently isn’t a top tire footballing side unlike Argentina that have the history and world class players. They so much had the luxury to have played four finals, lost, and finally won. That’s the kind of luxury Lewa don’t have.
Individually, Lewa is a striker whose primary aim is to score. So it’s vague when people bring up stats like most passes, assists, pre assists, dribbles and use it as a basis to judge him when it’s not his job. Messi by nature of his footballing style will always triumph in that aspect
Mumu, if football is only about scoring of goals then Rashidi Yekini should have won the Ballon dor during his reign according to your stupid analysis.
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lashist:

Mr almajiri sponsor...how many titles and contributions did ronaldo win last season till europe's competitions? cheesy

Answer ..what did messi do that Ronaldo dint fir club last season... prove it
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by moyosore32: 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2021
sangresan:

See this mumu. Ronaldo won Coppa Italia with Juve and was their highest goal scorer. So, because Messi's Argentina finally won the Copa America, it means Messi performed better? What was Messi's contribution in the Semi Final and Final? Stop deceiving yourself. This award isn't awarded based on purely football performance. It's to do with sentiments among the voters.

Bro’s rest u just rush enter, u sure say u know Wetin pple dey yarn for here at all
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Lashist(m): 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

No one ever said dribbles and assists should b cancelled...but u guys are adding it as same as goals...which is wrong... only a goal or a save guarantees or not guarantees a goal
And that same goal, messi passed ronaldo in the last 2 seasons grin...if you wan include titles/competition winners, messi still pass Ronaldo...there is not 1 thing wey ronaldo use to pass messi except penalties...abeg i won't join you in this hate...me personally i like ronaldo...make e no be like say i hate am like you hate messi grin
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 12:49pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lashist:

Kingcalls hates the fact that ronaldo doesnt dribble...that's what is paining him...i wan mention am here so he can call us almajiris cheesy grin...he has forgotten most ronaldo goals na from assists...the same assists he wants to be scraped grin cheesy

Ronaldo has most assist in CL history..but its still crap ...it doesn't guarantee goals... u can score a goal without an assist, but u cant hv an assist without a goal...when will u guys get it??

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by moyosore32: 12:49pm On Dec 08, 2021
Mosopzy23:

U think they loved Lewandowski that much. They jump on any popular bandwagon just to prevent Messi from winning. It started with Jorginho to Kanye, to Salah and Benzema and finally to Lewandowski.

Anyone but Messi, e pay dem buh Messi pass all of dem combined together mk una try another season lol

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by charlesm91(m): 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

Mumu, if football is only about scoring of goals then Rashidi Yekini should have won the Ballon dor during his reign according to your stupid analysis.
articulate your points without name calling, it’s not that hard. We’re here to learn.
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

if you continue like this ehn......na under Dangote cement truck tire you'll end up Las Las. No be swear na confirm.

Na u and ur chimpanzee family go end under dangote trailer
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Szilard: 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

U are a dumb fool....dribble 3 or 4 players is crap if it doesn't result to a goal...that simply shows u how useless it is... assists are forever handicapped... y dint u count interceptions and tackles as well?? They prevent goals but don't guarantee victory... only goals guarantee victory, the closest to goals is even keeper saves ... those are the only 2 things a football player can do to guarantee a goal...but u are tooooo dumb to know this

You only keep exposing your stupidity man

If you had any reasoning you would know that maneuvering defenders to give an assist is as important as the goal itself..

Think na!...Is your brain logically dead?!

As regards tackles and interceptions...

How the fvck can you say they don't guarantee victory....

If they didn't

Then why don't coaches start 11 strikers in a team

Mumu, Defenders that tackle also win Ballond'or!

If their interceptions weren't important then defenders wouldn't be winning MOTM everynow and then!

Your sentiments and blindness is so funny to laff at...

Run along boy....

5 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by maxwell530(m): 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

No real Ronaldo fan cares about an award ...Michael Jackson has 13 Grammies, Beyonce get 28 Grammies, Kanye has 24 Grammies, so Beyonce better pass Jackson... this shows u guys are brain dead...as long as Ronaldo has more important trophies than the fraud ...thats what we look out for.... 5 champions league to 3 ... first to hit 800 goals... Euros title... only a braindead will say balon dor is a better win.... so after iniesta won world cup, 2 euros, ud say modric was better cos he won balon dor...clowns.... Pele and maradona dint win one balin dor , but are celebrated ahead of players like cryuff cos they were confirmed by titles won and not awards ...
but Messi won More titles than Ronaldo Na

If it's based on titles, Messi won more
If it's based on awards Messi won More
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Lashist(m): 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

Answer ..what did messi do that Ronaldo dint fir club last season... prove it
Messi helped barca win copa del ray scoring 2 beautiful goals in the final....although juve won copa italia, ronaldo didnt perform there at all...there is your answer kingcalls grin grin...what else do you want to ask?? Who dribbled more?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by charlesm91(m): 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2021
Mosopzy23:

Your first paragraph sums everything up. You said he has been consistent for the past two season which is great. But you have to realize that the organisers of Ballond'or dont take into account two seasons. They only judge a player by the just concluded season's achievement. So I don't know y pple keep making the error of thinking Lewy's last 2seasons achievement would be considered.
So pls let's just stick to last season's achievement of both players and compare and contrast.
Secondly, on your last paragraph, you have to understand that football is evolving, assists and other criteria might not matter in the old football but trust me, they are beginning to matter now in modern football. For instance in the just concluded Euros , Ronaldo was adjudged the highest goal scorer by assists(correct me if I'm wrong). He and the guy in 2nd place were tied on equal goals, hence assists was used to determine the winner. So assists matters now in modern football.
Lastly, Messi is also a striker like Lewy yet he brings other features to his game aside goals so tell me why he shouldn't be a winner.
valid points! Obviously i just can’t help but feel sorry for Lewa tho.
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Lashist(m): 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

Lmao...you don dey curse person family cus of ronaldo grin cheesy...funny boy
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 12:55pm On Dec 08, 2021
charlesm91:
articulate your points without name calling, it’s not that hard. We’re here to learn.
How can you learn when all you do is talk all the time without listening to the jargons you're saying?
Football is all encompassing. Best player is not just a goal scoring thing.
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 12:56pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

E pain am well well.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Szilard: 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

Ronaldo has most assist in CL history..but its still crap ...it doesn't guarantee goals... u can score a goal without an assist, but u cant hv an assist without a goal...when will u guys get it??

Let me not even argue anymore about the assists

If scoring without assist should be a stat

Then Messi will win in that department,

Obviously,you can't tell me your Pendu has more solo goals than Leo

(Except if you're padding Penalties as part of the stat grin)

But if we even want to be logical at all

I'm very sure that over 80% of most goals scored in soccer were assisted!
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lashist:

Messi helped barca win copa del ray scoring 2 beautiful goals in the final....although juve won copa italia, ronaldo didnt perform there at all...there is your answer kingcalls grin grin...what else do you want to ask?? Who dribbled more?? grin

Messi scored only both goal when they were already done and dusted with 2 goals up.... thats not a big deal, besides , it was bilbao...midclass team... Ronaldo scored both goals against inter in the semi final, when they were a goal down... which is a bigger contribution??

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Lashist(m): 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

Lol...if its crap, they won't be showing it as stats...you don't know more than FIFA that is putting assists there for we all to see
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
Szilard:

Let me not even argue anymore about the assists

If scoring without assist should be a stat

Then Messi will win in that department,

Obviously,you can't tell me your Pendu has more solo goals than Leo

(Except if you're padding Penalties as part of the stat grin)

But if we even want to be logical at all

I'm very sure that over 80% of most goals scored in soccer were assisted!

What nonsense are u even saying..now solo goals automatically means u are the best.... when will u guys understand that there are different attributes in football... a player thats good at anticipation and scores cud even be better than the one that does solo runs... in the end whether solo goal or bicycle kick or heading or screamers , ur number of goals determines who is better .... not by who has scored the most solo runs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! / Xavier Amaechi Joins Hamburg On Four Year Deal / Manchester UTD Fines Romelu Lukaku £400,000 For Failing To Turn Up For Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.