Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,416 members, 7,822,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting (22586 Views)

Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi / The Moment Lionel Messi Was Pronounced Winner Of The 2021 Ballon D'or Award / Ramos Invites Barca Stars To His Wedding, Ronaldo Snubbed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by moyosore32: 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

Mumu , so ur brain can't capture that ur dribbles will be useless if in the end the player wastes the chance .... goals approve assists, assists don't approve goals... hv u ever asked urself y during penalty shootout...its now determined by goals and saves ...thats cos those are the major 2 things that can win u games... ask ur self y the creators of the game dint instead select one on one and who beats his opponent with dribbles wins the match, or who
assists first wins the match... assists, tackles, interceptions , dribbles, passes , are all in the same category

So if we’re to go by ur analyst now, a best player is someone who scores more goals regardless of the team’s condition I.e just assume a position not too far away from the opponent’s goal keeper and wait for the ball to magically or somehow somehow find its way to him to make one last tap and then the ball rolls into the net, then take all d credit without identifying the entire pple who made sure the ball got to where he was only able to make a single tap in
Ronaldo is a very prolific scorer no doubt, nobody comes close for now buh best player hell no

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2021
tuzle:
U are not a Ronaldo fan. Ronaldo didn't under perform but Juventus underperformed. He can't play the entire pitch now. Last season barca underperformed but will u say the same of Messi? No. Ronaldo was the highest goal scorer in the league last season with 29 goals. So is it until he scores 40goals that he performed abi.

Thank u jare... I do t know were these guys come from...they argue like those northern fanatics when u discuss buhari with them
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Lashist(m): 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

And messi scored against Brazil in the final , abi he scored in the final the last time he played in the champions league final... I still don't understand if u guys think b4 posting

With or without his goals , they wud hv still won it cos they were 2 goals up with 20mins to go and bilbao were not playing anything... without Ronaldo's 2 goals in the semis against a bigger team Inter Milan , when they were a goal down, they wud hv lost...now who scored the more important goal
But there was no final match for portugal to play na cheesy grin so ronaldo didnt score in a final against atlanta and didnt see a chance to play any final for portugal cheesy...so who was better last season?? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Lashist(m): 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

If it was that serious..y don't they award best assist, golden assist like goals..thats simply shows u its crap..it u award best assist, then u should also award best tackles and highest tackles, so as interceptions... as I said earlier, only goals and saves determine the outcome of a game... thats y ud see them award highest clean sheets in competitions , but no highest assist... they awarded best goalkeeper and best striker in the last ceremony but no best playmaker or midfielder or defender...thats cos only goals and saves determine the outcome of a game
I know this amount of goals go dey pain you wella...relax ehn...ronaldo na still fine player o cheesy

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by moyosore32: 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

He should be the goalkeeper nah

Messi also keeps for PSG

270-290 assists but you only see nothing really

You guys see nothing about Ronaldo

Sewage upon sewage

Wetin we dey talk Wetin ds one dey talk oga go and drink water then come bk... I still dey here for una
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Lashist(m): 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
tuzle:
U are not a Ronaldo fan. Ronaldo didn't under perform but Juventus underperformed. He can't play the entire pitch now. Last season barca underperformed but will u say the same of Messi? No. Ronaldo was the highest goal scorer in the league last season with 29 goals. So is it until he scores 40goals that he performed abi.
You are correct...now goalwise, who scored more?? Who made more assists?? Who won more MOMT?? In what aspect did ronaldo pass messi last season?? Just name it cheesy
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lashist:

I know this amount of goals go dey pain you wella...relax ehn...ronaldo na still fine player o cheesy

Counter what I said...u are busy saying "e pain u ooo" ...smh
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 1:38pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lashist:

But there was no final match for portugal to play na cheesy grin so ronaldo didnt score in a final against atlanta and didnt see a chance to play any final for portugal cheesy...so who was better last season?? cheesy

Si because ronaldo dint score on the final, Messi outperformed him?? Whr do they get people like u from??
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 1:46pm On Dec 08, 2021
moyosore32:

So if we’re to go by ur analyst now, a best player is someone who scores more goals regardless of the team’s condition I.e just assume a position not too far away from the opponent’s goal keeper and wait for the ball to magically or somehow somehow find its way to him to make one last tap and then the ball rolls into the net, then take all d credit without identifying the entire pple who made sure the ball got to where he was only able to make a single tap in
Ronaldo is a very prolific scorer no doubt, nobody comes close for now buh best player hell no

No one said the other stat are not ok...but they don't directly determine the outcomes of games... Denmark vs Nigeria is an example....okocha was dribbling, sand was scoring ...in the end we were trashed 4.1 ... messi is not even better than neymar when it comes to dribbling but messi is better that neymar cos messi decides games ... now goal scorers decide games, and no one decides games better than Ronaldo in football

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2021
Szilard:

You don't even get the point

The dribbles, interceptions and passes aid to win the match

As I said earlier

Since na only goals you need

Tell the coach of whatever club you support to always play 11 strikers

I no go reply you again

You're too dumb

U are the very dumb one here , cis u just can't get the fact... if u say assists are important, then tackles and interceptions should also be as important as assists cos these stats don't guarantee victory, but they contribute to victory...only goals and saves guarantee victory... tackles helps the defence just like assist helps the attack ... what now determines ur tackle or assist are saves or goals...without goals or saves , this e thos e will b useless ...if u don't have a scorer or a keeper, then no one will win the game
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

Shut up ewu! Las Las you'll end up in a psycho home.

If I even get to a psycho home, it will be to check on u to determine how it has eaten deep into ur system
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by moyosore32: 1:52pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

No one said the other stat are not ok...but they don't directly determine the outcomes of games... Denmark vs Nigeria is an example....okocha was dribbling, sand was scoring ...in the end we were trashed 4.1 ... messi is not even better than neymar when it comes to dribbling but messi is better that neymar cos messi decides games ... now goal scorers decide games, and no one decides games better than Ronaldo in football

Ok me I don rest sha...
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

If I even get to a psycho home, it will be to check on u to determine how it has eaten deep into ur system

If I even get to a psycho home?
Yes.......you'll surely get there, like play, like play.
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Zionman24: 1:57pm On Dec 08, 2021
Is normal . And is called umunna virus.
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by HBB1(m): 1:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

U are the one being stupid...since when did assists start becoming important... its u messi fans that started throwing assists all over the place... assist wey Beckham fabregas zidane pirlo Effenburg Bergkamp dem de fire those days.... assists are useless without goals, thats y fifa don't award best or highest assists.... its a useless stat to use in judging a players very important stat performance ... goals are just the only main one , others are just there...if u say assist are so damn important, then tackles , saves , area battle , interseptions , goal line clearance should also be on the same level with assist

How did Cannavaro win World Best Player or Van Dijk make 1st three?

By scoring goals?

Come on! No dey talk rubbish.
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by barcaboi(m): 1:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

Assist na goal?? Person pass ball no mean na im no ghost... ghosted for 120mins .... scoring penalty for shoot out grin grin so how does that show that he dint ghost ... mumu Portugal decided not to vote any of he or messi cos they felt it was time others had a chance... Argentina vote Ronaldo 3rd mumu
Ronaldo wasn’t even the one that led Portugal in the group stage that they were even third during their euro win going through by best loser; Nani and quaresma were. He came alive in the Ko and then the final he wasn’t even there. Messi was top scorer Copa, best assistmaker also and they won. He was La Ligas top scorer also. Leave bants aside
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
barcaboi:

Ronaldo wasn’t even the one that led Portugal in the group stage that they were even third during their euro win going through by best loser; Nani and quaresma were. He came alive in the Ko and then the final he wasn’t even there. Messi was top scorer Copa, best assistmaker also and they won. He was La Ligas top scorer also. Leave bants aside

U see err... most of u dont watch football, u just open mouth and kpakpakpakpa ..... Portugal scored 4 goals in the group...Ronaldo scored 2 and gave nani one... that game against Hungary 3.3 ...they needed at least a draw to qualify and they were one goal down 3 times... infact go to youtube and watch the game and u will come bk to delete what posted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Magnoliaa(f): 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2021
moyosore32:
I say na pesin wey dash am phone cause all ds yawa, nothing dey that him oblong head lol
I can imagine the dude arguing with people in real life sha. The frustration, Lord. grin
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
barcaboi:

Ronaldo was serie a top scorer as well and Euros top scorer
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by HBB1(m): 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
charlesm91:

Lewa has been consistent the past two years , and so, the organizers should’ve taken that into consideration given the fact that the award was canceled last year.
Coming over to National side, it’s fair to say Lewa will almost never win nothing with his nation except the usual upset that happens once in a while like Greece Euro 04. So for guys like him, his performances will be highly dependent on his club side. Poland has never been and currently isn’t a top tire footballing side unlike Argentina that have the history and world class players. They so much had the luxury to have played four finals, lost, and finally won. That’s the kind of luxury Lewa don’t have.
Individually, Lewa is a striker whose primary aim is to score. So it’s vague when people bring up stats like most passes, assists, pre assists, dribbles and use it as a basis to judge him when it’s not his job. Messi by nature of his footballing style will always triumph in that aspect

So you want the organizers to tell the voters who to vote for?

Assists, dribbles and key passes are part of the game.

They help to tell you how dominant a player is in a match.

Just like in Basketball, steals, rebounds, passess are as important as the points a man scores.

It tells you how dominant they are.

You gerrit?
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Don27tiky(m): 2:06pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

His 2 goals grin grin... he needs it cos Ronaldo has doubled his numbers and will certainly increase if he plays tomorrow... he was bleeding grin excuses upon excuses ... what did he produce with the bleeding leg.. and assist don't always produce goals... assists are useless without goals ...
what are you saying bro. If it does not result to goal it is not called an assist. So technically assist are mentioned only when there is a goal. And don’t forget Messi has played fewer games this season. He scored a goal yesterday that commentator said goals like that can only be scored by Messi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2021
HBB1:

How did Cannavaro win World Best Player or Van Dijk make 1st three?

By scoring goals?

Come on! No dey talk rubbish.

Its has always been the best player in the team that won a major title...who contributed the most in achieving that title.... and it's 1.world cup, 2. EUROS , 3. Champions league, 4 league titles, 5 copa America, 6. AFCON,
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Lashist(m): 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

Si because ronaldo dint score on the final, Messi outperformed him?? Whr do they get people like u from??
Lol...since you cant use that, how did ronaldo outperform messi?? What stats in particular?? L cheesy cheesy Is it goals?? Or what exactly Just name one part?? grin...where do people like you come from?? Name one stat where ronaldo performed better than messi last season??
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by moyosore32: 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I can imagine the dude arguing with people in real life sha. The frustration, Lord. grin

Omoh no be here, d guy go dey win debate for sec skul days
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Wizzy552: 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2021
Make all of una just rest jare.. Or else una go argue tire..
I'm a Messi big fan though and I like Ronaldo too.
Make we leave sentiment aside and follow stats for people wey create am for there...

Anybody wey talk say Ronaldo deserve to be from 1 - 5 needs his/her brain check. Habba na...
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by TLION(m): 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2021
paulolee:

I don warn dis dumbo to stop quoting me since u de always forget to switch on ur senses whenever u do switch on ur data, since I get few minutes to spare, let me skul u..
u listed all messi achievement to compare with ur man BT forgot d key ones just bcoz u choose to remain dumb n stupid..
messi won d copa with Argentina dt won him votes for dt ballon, wetin cr7 win with Portugal??
messi finished as the best player in copa, did ur cr7 make top3 in euros best?
messi not only had most goals but also most assist, most dribbles n most freekick scored, wat about ur cr7??
lastly messi had a total number of 27 MOTM awards won, how many ur man win??
even other cr7 fans knew dt he had his worst season last year n couldn't even be compared to benzema individually bt u choose to be a dumbo n allow sentiment continue to bury ur already dead I.Q...
. You don chop?

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2021
Don27tiky:
what are you saying bro. If it does not result to goal it is not called an assist. So technically assist are mentioned only when there is a goal. And don’t forget Messi has played fewer games this season. He scored a goal yesterday that commentator said goals like that can only be scored by Messi.

What goal did he score that others havnt...always overrating him... did u see Mbappés goals?? Both were better that Messi's...technical abilities , timing and precision was what he combined to score both goals...messi just shot the ball from outside the box as the defenders were retreating ... Bruno has scored better goals this season.... I understand the assist part , but still it needs a goal for it to be counted
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Wizzy552: 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2021
Have been on this thread reading and reading...
What did Ronaldo even have more than Messi in the last season? Some people go just dey yarn dust
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Dmacqh(m): 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
Messi won Ballon D’ Or 2021 , because media favorite Kante didn’t win Euro 2020 with France.
If it was Kante not Jorginho that won the Euros , just forget it . Also because CR7 didn’t win Euro, , though he performed , 5goals , 1 assist ( Hungary 2, France 2, Germany 1 with I assist) in 4 matches and fortune didn’t favor him( Portugal outplayed Belgium and hit the post especially after the Belgium goal ) .
Messi won because of Copa America . Football is a team sport , so you need a good team ( defence ) and fortune to succeed . Lewandowski did well in Euros . But his team failed him . Try check his goals in Euro . He scored 3 goals ( Spain 1, Sweden 2) .
The Copa that everybody was burning candle for Messi to win ( though deserved knowing the numerous setbacks ) even Brazil fans rooted for Messi ahead of their country . Messi also played well ( 4 goals , 4 assist ) . Poland failed , if they made at least Q/Final , the debate will change a bit .
What do I know Someone should please check my signature and spare me any amount ... I’ll be grateful.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lashist:

Lol...since you cant use that, how did ronaldo outperform messi?? What stats in particular?? L cheesy cheesy Is it goals?? Or what exactly Just name one part?? grin...where do people like you come from?? Name one stat where ronaldo performed better than messi last season??

Ronaldo had a better goal ratio than Messi in all competitions for both club and Country last season... messi played more champions league , league games , Cup games, than Ronaldo
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Wizzy552: 2:13pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

What goal did he score that others havnt...always overrating him... did u see Mbappés goals?? Both were better that Messi's...technical abilities , timing and precision was what he combined to score both goals...messi just shot the ball from outside the box as the defenders were retreating ... Bruno has scored better goals this season.... I understand the assist part , but still it needs a goal for it to be counted

He easy to score goals outside the box?? Huh?? You Don ever play for standard field before?? And moreover when last did Ronaldo does that?? And comparing Mbappe. Omo which kind person be this self? Can you compare them when Messi was his age?? Guy go rest abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"I Am Going To Miss Everyone At Arsenal" - Iwobi Alex, Arsenal Fans React / ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! / Manchester UTD Fines Romelu Lukaku £400,000 For Failing To Turn Up For Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.