Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa (2262 Views)

Windscribe VPN Mocks Nigerians And Buhari After Twitter Ban Was Lifted (Photos) / How New Whatsapp Policy Threatens Security Of Nigerians And Other Alternatives / Where Are The Most Low Budget Phones This Period. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by atheistandproud(m): 11:06pm On Dec 07, 2021
Inquisitive Universe:
Hi guys

Good evening all...

How are you doing?

Me I'm okay.

My body is acting like it belongs to me again ���

Today sha ehn, is complaints that I have.

I always like to tell us, that some of these things we say here. It is not to insult anybody or to show say we too do.

Of course.

Na this country them born me. I went to a public school in Ekpan from JS1 to SS3 (02 to 08).

I don't think I am better than anyone. So these complaints are just normal things in society.

Things that we don suppose know never to do by now.

Someone messaged me earlier this week that they saw a cheap Xiaomi 11 Ultra that they wanted to buy.

The thing shock me!

My first reaction was screaming scam!

But there's this thing people do to me a lot that actually is starting to annoy me.

Only me go dey my own dey try do something ehn. Person go call me say e need my opinion. I go offer opinion, the person go come dey argue with me.

Like bros, if you know the thing already, why ring me up?

E no make sense na. ��‍♂️�

I looked at the screen shot and told the person that Mi 11 Pro cannot be sold for anything less than 300k so that phone is a scam.

E no agree oh. The person refused. I asked for the AliExpress link and my worst fears were confirmed.

Mi 11 Pro using a MediaTek SoC? As as how na?

In the end I said what I said and I remove my hand from the matter.

This is how Nigerians get cheated or scammed or that we end up buying wetin we no suppose buy.

We like to dey do say we wise especially when the occasion doesn't call for it. Cutting unnecessary corners and being penny wise and pound foolish.

The question now is, why do we fall for these silly scams?

Why do we as a people fall for them?

Another case ehn...

This one is popular. E popular die.

Another case is wanting to use the latest phone.

Have you not seen people that wanted to buy Redmi Note 7 but in their mind, they wasted time so they'll wait for Redmi Note 8.

Redmi Note 8 came but they wanted to see how Mi A3 would look like and they'll start debating which one is better. Is it Mi A3 or Redmi Note 8.

Fiam! Redmi Note 8 and Mi A3 commot market

No problem, they'll wait for Redmi Note 9.

After dragging leg and dragging leg, they buy Redmi Note 9, then Redmi 9 T show face.

Hey God! Why you no tell me say phone like Redmi 9T dey. See as you come let me go buy Redmi Note 9.

Ooooh. I don mess up. The Redmi Note 9 no fine for my eye again. See as the Redmi 9T fine.

Sharp sharp! Redmi Note 9 for sale. Collect money add go buy Redmi 9T.

Suddenly suddenly, Redmi Note 10 show.

Redmi Note 10 don come out! Jesus! E too make sense. Na my dream phone be that.

There are people like that. Just chasing the latest tech. Game them no dey play, pictures them no dey snap, even to press the phone na issue.

We are a very wonderful people sha.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by tecnolad(m): 11:46pm On Dec 07, 2021
atheistandproud:
Inquisitive Universe:
Hi guys

Good evening all...

How are you doing?

Me I'm okay.

I always like to tell us, that some of these things we say here. It is not to insult anybody or to show say we too do.

Of course.

Na this country them born me. I went to a public school in Ekpan from JS1 to SS3 (02 to 08).

I don't think I am better than anyone. So these complaints are just normal things in society.

Someone messaged me earlier this week that they saw a cheap Xiaomi 11 Ultra that they wanted to buy.

The thing shock me!

But there's this thing people do to me a lot that actually is starting to annoy me.

Only me go dey my own dey try do something ehn. Person go call me say e need my opinion. I go offer opinion, the person go come dey argue with me.

I looked at the screen shot and told the person that Mi 11 Pro cannot be sold for anything less than 300k so that phone is a scam.

E no agree oh. The person refused. I asked for the AliExpress link and my worst fears were confirmed.

This is how Nigerians get cheated or scammed or that we end up buying wetin we no suppose buy.

We like to dey do say we wise especially when the occasion doesn't call for it. Cutting unnecessary corners and being penny wise and pound foolish.

Another case ehn...

Have you not seen people that wanted to buy Redmi Note 7 but in their mind, they wasted time so they'll wait for Redmi Note 8.

Redmi Note 8 came but they wanted to see how Mi A3 would look like and they'll start debating which one is better. Is it Mi A3 or Redmi Note 8.

After dragging leg and dragging leg, they buy Redmi Note 9, then Redmi 9 T show face.

Hey God! Why you no tell me say phone like Redmi 9T dey. See as you come let me go buy Redmi Note 9.

Ooooh. I don mess up. The Redmi Note 9 no fine for my eye again. See as the Redmi 9T fine.

There are people like that. Just chasing the latest tech. Game them no dey play, pictures them no dey snap, even to press the phone na issue.

Funny thing is that I belonged to this second category of latest tech chasers (I milked each phone I used though) ���

Na Huawei P20 Pro put full stop to that thing. I fell in love with the camera and it made me take a lot of pictures, so I took a break from irrational spendings.

I don return to irrational spendings now again grin
Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by atheistandproud(m): 12:25am On Dec 08, 2021
tecnolad:

Funny thing is that I belonged to this second category of latest tech chasers (I milked each phone I used though) ���

Na Huawei P20 Pro put full stop to that thing. I fell in love with the camera and it made me take a lot of pictures, so I took a break from irrational spendings.

I don return to irrational spendings now again grin

grin grin grin grin grin

Where una take dey see this money na?
Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by Solanaa: 2:59am On Dec 08, 2021
atheistandproud:
Inquisitive Universe:
Hi guys

Good evening all...

How are you doing?

Me I'm okay.

Of course.

The thing shock me!

Another case ehn...

Remember purchasing a tecno phone for over 50k and later realized it was scammed. it hurt me so much but we move.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by Deicide: 6:17am On Dec 08, 2021
At least them day argue with you my own them go accept con do opposite. Them go com day complain

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by Valuepaints20(m): 9:25am On Dec 08, 2021
Ogá

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by YourFavorite21(m): 9:38am On Dec 08, 2021
That is Nigerians for u

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by viceddy95(m): 10:52am On Dec 08, 2021
Please bro how good is this phone and the price
Device name :Xiaomi 11T
Storage:256
MIUI version;12.5.4
Android ver;11 RP1A

Thanks
Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by Cheryph200(m): 12:11pm On Dec 08, 2021
My CAMON 11 still work perfectly, I fit change am if I see money ooo
Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by lakesidepapa(m): 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2021
Pls message me on Whatsapp 09081402125,my Nl pm is not working at the moment .

Cc: xristos
Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by atheistandproud(m): 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2021
Deicide:
At least them day argue with you my own them go accept con do opposite. Them go com day complain

My brother, e weak me
Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by atheistandproud(m): 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2021
viceddy95:
Please bro how good is this phone and the price
Device name :Xiaomi 11T
Storage:256
MIUI version;12.5.4
Android ver;11 RP1A

Thanks

So long as you're sure it's original. Fire away.
Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by atheistandproud(m): 4:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
YourFavorite21:
That is Nigerians for u

E taya me
Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by 1F30M4(f): 5:27pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lmaooo grin grin I used to know someone who was in that second category, always ready to put up things for sale just to have a feel of any latest phone or accessories. I learnt not to gbenu si, buy am if e don too enter ya eye, nothing spoil cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by atheistandproud(m): 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
1F30M4:
Lmaooo grin grin I used to know someone who was in that second category, always ready to put up things for sale just to have a feel of any latest phone or accessories. I learnt not to gbenu si, buy am if e don too enter ya eye, nothing spoil cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by NightFood: 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
Cheryph200:
My CAMON 11 still work perfectly, I fit change am if I see money ooo
if you wan change am, just go carlcare, dem dey do swaps there.
Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by NightFood: 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2021
1F30M4:
no be lie, e dey happen cheesy. But some accessories are a must have, example is the Freepod 3 by Oraimo, the sound output, portability and long lasting battery it got really makes mad sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Phones: This Country Na Wa by YourFavorite21(m): 11:54pm On Dec 08, 2021
NightFood:
no be lie, e dey happen cheesy. But some accessories are a must have, example is the Freepod 3 by Oraimo, the sound output, portability and long lasting battery it got really makes mad sense.
how much

(1) (Reply)

Which 6gb Ram Phone Can 95k- 100k Buy Please / Radio Active Wave- Fact Or Rumour? / N Gage 2.0 Download For Unhacked Phones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.