Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's (33127 Views)

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week / Mass Resignation Of Software Engineer In Banks / You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by justmondris: 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
CrownOfClay724:
I'm trying to understand what the hullabaloo is about.

Downsizing to stay afloat is no big deal.
Or you rather he go down himself?

For me, there is no difference between you're fired (said to your face) and you're fired ( conveyed over a medium).
Is there any?

This should serve as a business lesson for everyone sha.
When shit hits the ceiling , it would be all you and you alone.

Do what works for you.

Oga you don’t downsize to humiliate people. They are humans and not slaves. There are more appropriate ways to sack them.

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by justmondris: 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
Oga you don’t downsize to humiliate people. They are humans and not slaves. There are more appropriate ways to sack them.

CrownOfClay724:
I'm trying to understand what the hullabaloo is about.

Downsizing to stay afloat is no big deal.
Or you rather he go down himself?

For me, there is no difference between you're fired (said to your face) and you're fired ( conveyed over a medium).
Is there any?

This should serve as a business lesson for everyone sha.
When shit hits the ceiling , it would be all you and you alone.

Do what works for you.

1 Like

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by nedekid: 2:45pm On Dec 09, 2021
He thinks he is in India.

1 Like

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by SKhanmi: 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

There was this article about the increasing number of CEOs of Indian origin in Silicon valley. They article stated something about how they always put the company first and d'ont use emotions when making decisions. That's why the investors and Boards prefer them to run things

I'm very well aware of their laudable work ethics, culture & history. After all even dangote industries here prefer them. Twitter new CEO?
Be a slave driver if you must, but be subtle about it. That's the key. The world has always been like that, use power outrightly & the people will fight back.

The whites do worse but hid behind friendly veneers while the typical asian, Lebanese & Arab cannot hide it. In the long run, you can guess who will end up with more enemies.

1 Like

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by royalamour(m): 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
SocialJustice:
They will all be replaced. No big deal.

You sounded too shallow.
Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by SolarEdge: 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2021
He will replace them in split of seconds
Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by SocialJustice: 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2021
royalamour:

You sounded too shallow.
But they will, it is just reality, you don't expect the business to crumble because executives resigned. The business probably doesn't even need such high level positions to cut cost.

1 Like

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by SocialJustice: 3:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
baba4thegehs:

Recruitment is one of the most difficult process for everyone in HR.

Finding talents is super tedious.

Except they wanna outsource you can't fill up that 700 roles in 2 years.
He doesn't need the 700 staff, he's cutting cost already.
Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by cooltola(m): 3:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
it is outrageous because a huge group of employee got fired on a zoom meeting. , it is not the America way, mass layoff happened with a meeting with the human resource of the company or face to face meeting . They will file for unemployment benefits and the company will forced to pay until such employees gain employment . The CEO is not India or Nigeria or Uganda where anything goes or the CEO does whatever he likes. With the labor crisis going on the United States, where work is plentiful but workers are scare because of the pandemic, finding good workers is not an easy task. Please folks need to understand, the way company operate overseas is very different from the way company operate in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by Jaqenhghar: 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2021
SKhanmi:

I'm very well aware of their laudable work ethics, culture & history. After all even dangote industries here prefer them. Twitter new CEO?
Be a slave driver if you must, but be subtle about it. That's the key. The world has always been like that, use power outrightly & the people will fight back.

The whites do worse but hid behind friendly veneers while the typical asian, Lebanese & Arab cannot hide it. In the long run, you can guess who will end up with more enemies.
LOL. So true.
Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by Pootle: 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2021
make all of the rest resign, make him do d work alone
Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by SocialJustice: 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

You think replacing peolle is that easy?
You think getting competent hands to continue years of work is easy?
Any competent person who knows his worth after seeing this will not apply.

Anyway I no blame you. You view the world through the lens of Niggeria . A place where work means going to office, sign in, gist all day, then sign out when its 4 and get paid fully
Lol, you don't know me, no need to assume you do. I look at businesses from investor perspective. The business just raised $750m, deliverables were set, it is the duty of the CEO to deliver, no one cares people if people are leaving, he either meets his target or gets fired.

1 Like

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by MiracleMe7: 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2021
ProfAmaben:

Typical senseless Nigerian, no sense of self-worth whatsoever. Remove social justice from your moniker.
I am sure that you are a kid, very childish!!!
Must you insult him for expressing his view?

You are the one that has no self-worth.
I think it's time to quiet this nairaland, too many children on this forum.

You can correct him without insulting him smiley

1 Like

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by Jaqenhghar: 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
SocialJustice:
Lol, you don't know me, no need to assume you do. I look at businesses from investor perspective. The business just raised $750m, deliverables were set, it is the duty of the CEO to deliver, no one cares people if people are leaving, he either meets his target or gets fired.
I dont need to know you. Your post tells me everything you need to know. Any serious investor or business person will care if competent hands are leaving his company. The people make the wealth not the other way round like you Niggerians like to believe. How did the business just raise 750m? Did the money just spring up like that?

1 Like

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by Kobicove(m): 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
Robisky001:
How do I submit my CV for the role of head of marketing?

cheesy
Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by Rree: 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2021
Really
Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by WoundedLamb: 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
Considering the positions of those that quit, I'd say he made their job impossible for them.

1 Like

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by WoundedLamb: 5:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
SocialJustice:

If only you had the slightest idea how difficult it is in US/Canada to find available talents out there especially at the top level.

At my place of work, you'll get some thousands of dollars as referral bonus if you could bring in a talent for job chat (as we don't call it interview when dealing with top positions). Skill is one thing, experience is another. Most experienced skilled people are held down by the employers who would do anything to keep it that way. Besides, how many prospective executives/management staff members who usually have a lot headhunters after them would settle for an organization with this reputation? The organization may use money to entice some but they'd only end up getting those who are only after the doe.

So yes, these guys can be replaced but there's no guarantee that it wouldn't take time or that the next set of people would measure up to thier competence. Whichever way, there's no pretending the organization won't feel the impact.

1 Like

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by SocialJustice: 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
WoundedLamb:

If only you had the slightest idea how difficult it is in US/Canada to find available talents out there especially at the top level.

At my place of work, you'll get some thousands of dollars as referral bonus if you could bring in a talent for job chat (as we don't call it interview when dealing with top positions). Skill is one thing, experience is another. Most experienced skilled people are held down by the employers who would do anything to keep it that way. Besides, how many prospective executives/management staff members who usually have a lot headhunters after them would settle for an organization with this reputation? The organization may use money to entice some but they'd only end up getting those who are only after the doe.

So yes, these guys can be replaced but there's no guarantee that it wouldn't take time or that the next set of people would measure up to thier competence. Whichever way, there's no pretending the organization won't feel the impact.
I took all you have said into consideration before posting. Recruiting is a difficult process but it must be done and the company won't die off because talent left, this is a rough patch it will survive. That's what I meant.
Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by SocialJustice: 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

I dont need to know you. Your post tells me everything you need to know. Any serious investor or business person will care if competent hands are leaving his company. The people make the wealth not the other way round like you Niggerians like to believe. How did the business just raise 750m? Did the money just spring up like that?
I don't have time for arguments that only massage the ego. Believe what you want let me believe what I want.
Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by Jaqenhghar: 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2021
SocialJustice:
I don't have time for arguments that only massage the ego. Believe what you want let me believe what I want.

Stop being salty. No be fight. Im just telling you reality as it is and reality does not care about your feelings
The problem is you Niggerians don't know the way the world works. I am trying to explain how things are supposed to be you are already getting enotional and talking of beliefs. If success is based on beliefs we would have been the no. 1 economy in the whole world. Wars will be won on beliefs, we wont need to go to school or work since we can all believe
This is why iour country, is the way it is. We have experts like you who will call themselves entrepreneurs yet dont know how a simple business is run. Yet you take your half baked ideas round looking for investors and if the people you meet begin to probe you start getting offended saying the same thing you put up there" believe what you want to believe"

1 Like

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by edoairways: 6:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
SocialJustice:
The performance of the firm will be poor

1 Like

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by VULCAN(m): 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
When a kid is talking it is immediately obvious.

As more talent leave he may be removed by SoftBank

I don't know why SoftBank doesn't evaluate the CEOs of the companies they invest in. This is the second crazy one within 2 yrs
SocialJustice:

1 Like

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by SocialJustice: 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
VULCAN:
When a kid is talking it is immediately obvious.

As more talent leave he may be removed by SoftBank

I don't know why SoftBank doesn't evaluate the CEOs of the companies they invest in. This is the second crazy one within 2 yrs
Make your point without being stupid or shut your mouth.
Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by Elsueno: 11:42pm On Dec 09, 2021
SocialJustice:
Make your point without being stupid or shut your mouth.

Dude, Just accept ur mistake & move on...U alone keep arguing with everyone trying to put u on d right path, even from a logical stand point ur argument is flawed..Even employers in Nigeria that fire & treat thier employees anyhow end up slowly killing thier business as new intakes will not put much effort & try to steal as much as possible before u fire them undecided

1 Like

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by Gkemz: 1:16am On Dec 10, 2021
Wherever you are, try to add a unique value so that when you resign or fired, your absence would create a gap only you can fill. Inasmuch as many of these private firm owners who don't appreciate employees' input don't deserve employees' dedication and commitment to efficiency and productivity, one got to do it so as to leave a good legacy.

I believe these outgoing Excos contributed immensely to the growth of the company. That's why their resignation came as a rude shock to the crazy CEO.

When I resigned to become self-employed, I was recalled with improved salary package but I declined the offer because I have already achieved my mission in the firm. Now is the time to build on my entrepreneurial.

1 Like

Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by themanderon: 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2021
Yes o. They should leave his job for him so that he will crash and start all over too. There are better ways he could have done this. This can only work in sane countries here the employees will willingly take the shit the employers are forcing down their throats for fear of being sacked.
Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by RodgersAkpafu: 6:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
SocialJustice:
It's a matter of asking HR to advertise for those slots to employ people with relevant experience. Qualified candidates might not want to work there because of how the previous people left but eventually, the company will find qualified candidates who don't mind.
You must think the world out there runs in the same way that Nigeria does
Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by RodgersAkpafu: 6:12pm On Dec 10, 2021
Elsueno:

Dude, Just accept ur mistake & move on...U alone keep arguing with everyone trying to put u on d right path, even from a logical stand point ur argument is flawed..Even employers in Nigeria that fire & treat thier employees anyhow end up slowly killing thier business as new intakes will not put much effort & try to steal as much as possible before u fire them undecided
The person you quoted is obviously not serious
Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by RodgersAkpafu: 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2021
cooltola:
it is outrageous because a huge group of employee got fired on a zoom meeting. , it is not the America way, mass layoff happened with a meeting with the human resource of the company or face to face meeting . They will file for unemployment benefits and the company will forced to pay until such employees gain employment . The CEO is not India or Nigeria or Uganda where anything goes or the CEO does whatever he likes. With the labor crisis going on the United States, where work is plentiful but workers are scare because of the pandemic, finding good workers is not an easy task. Please folks need to understand, the way company operate overseas is very different from the way company operate in Nigeria.
Please tell them ooo
Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by RodgersAkpafu: 6:16pm On Dec 10, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

You think replacing peolle is that easy?
You think getting competent hands to continue years of work is easy?
Any competent person who knows his worth after seeing this will not apply.

Anyway I no blame you. You view the world through the lens of Niggeria . A place where work means going to office, sign in, gist all day, then sign out when its 4 and get paid fully

Dont mind him
Re: CEO Who Fired 900 Staff On Brutal Zoom Call Faces Mass Resignation Of Exec's by SocialJustice: 8:12pm On Dec 10, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

You must think the world out there runs in the same way that Nigeria does
Please enlighten me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Confirmed Fake Job Venues Updated / Job Interview: Is This The Best Response To "Why Should We Hire You"? / Senate To Investigate NPA Job Slots 'Sold For N3 Million Each'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.