Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) (30672 Views)

Russian Defence Minister, Sergei Shoigu Had Heart Attack After Speaking To Putin / Rob O'Neill Mocks America's "Weak" Response To Putin / Potanin To Putin: Don’t Take Us Back To 1917 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by pacespot(m): 11:06am On Dec 09, 2021
Guyman02:
This is Tabloid news, don't take it seriously, The Sun and Daily Mail that this Righteousness guy copy and paste are not considered as serious news by exposed people in UK, they are same as our City People and Prime Time magazines at the vendors stand.

America can never get MAD at Russia because they are both nuclear powers, they can only warn and attack weak countries like Libya and Iraq.

MAD means (Mutually Assured Destruction) which means that America and Russia will exterminate each other if they attack one another and their leaders know this but decides to play to the gallery for gullible People like OP.

EU, America and NATO actually want Russia to invade Ukraine so that they take the current poorest country in Europe off their necks and allow Russia to destroy itself by inheriting a burden, Putin is not that stupid.

Meanwhile, Ukraine makes billions of dollars annually from Russia using its territory to pipe gas to Europe, now a new pipeline the Nord Stream 2 has been constructed to Germany and they are begging the Germans not to use the pipeline to import cheaper gas through the Baltic sea so that they continue collecting gas transit payments from Russia.
While America plans to sell LNG to Europe which is very expensive to transport and regasify.

Currently there are millions of Ukrainians that have fled their country to Russia, EU doesn't want the migrants neither do they want a broke and poor Ukraine in either EU or NATO.

These are salient pointe you raised

2 Likes

Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by LofiLogic: 11:56am On Dec 09, 2021
dannypaul:

Aside UK I don see any serious US allies. Germany and France will obviously be on the fence.

Mmm, Australia, Isreal, Canada, Japan, South K. And what made you think Germany and France will on the fence?
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2021
dannypaul:
When trump was president, nations avoided US wahala. Trump was the first US presidents to enter North Korea and shook hands with their leader.

Biden is simply a leaf.

If US try nonsense now, China will easily join Alliance with Russia and finish up once God's own nation.

Trump was good for real AMERICANS.

Please be informed so you don't put out wrong information and mislead the public, Trump never visited North Korea.
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by VEHINTOLAR: 1:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
dannypaul:

Sadly, the tide is changing. 3years from now China is taking over. Currently China can match US military wise. US only weapon is economic sanctions. However, this power will be eroded from them 3years from now.

Next economic power is China. The trajectory is obvious for all to see. Alot of nations are currently damn indebted to China.

Compare the defence budgets ( military expenditure) of the two countries and tell me if you still believe that China "can match" the United States militarily !

Characteristic Military spending in billion
U.S. dollars

United States 778
China* 252
India 72.9
Russia 61.7
United Kingdom 59.2

While it is recognisable the economic and military improvements China has recorded in the last twenty years,there exists still ocean wide gaps between chairman Mao's country and Uncle Sam's which cannot be bridged in the next 20 - 40 years to come ! The United States spends more on national defense than China, India, Russia, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Germany, France, Japan, South Korea, Italy, and Australia — combined ! Such is the enormous military power of the country you naively believe China can match !

And talking about economic sanctions,have you ever asked yourself why is it only the United States that can wield such power and effectively so ? Do you remember how Xi Jinping rushed to the White House the last time Trump used the big stick on China because China's economy,as a result,was already showing signs of distress ? The US can crumble the economy of the China if it wishes to do so but China on the other hand does not possess such capability.

The United States is not an ordinary country; it is a country established by the most high God as a home for the oppressed - the refugees. Or which other country do you think is referred to in the Bible as "Mystery Babylon the Great" ? As the most technologically advanced nation on planet earth,no nation can single handedly confront The United States of America militarily;that will be suicidal ! Area 51 in Nevada is a highly classified United States Air Force facility which was built in 1955. Only God and just few people know what's actually going on behind the curtain inside that facility.

The Ocean wide gap between the United States and China cannot be bridged in 3 years time as you put it;it's impossible ! China is still a toddler compared to the US in terms of military, economic and technological advancements.
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by seunny4lif(m): 1:18pm On Dec 09, 2021
You must living in dream land grin
Blockage by who? Blockage a nuclear armed nation
OfficialAPCNig:

Russia wants to invade Ukraine since ages but can't because they know the consequences.

They won't even dare it.

U.S and NATO don't need to fight Russia but to blockade it air, land and sea.

We knew what small Germany did to Russia during WW 2. Their terrain and climate was their saving grace.

Remove the nukes which i am sure they will never use during war, nothing special about Russia.
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by seunny4lif(m): 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
LofiLogic:

Mmm, Australia, Isreal, Canada, Japan, South K. And what made you think Germany and France will on the fence?
Israel will fight Against Russia? grin
Almost 30% of Israelis are also Russia citizens
Why do you think Israel kept raiding Syria and Russia looks away
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by seunny4lif(m): 1:34pm On Dec 09, 2021
EteBabaagba222:

You Get it. They will only make noise. Many pple don't understand what world power mean. US can sanction Russia and his allies and der economy will go down. How u go fight with empty stomach!
Like the sanction have worked
USA and EU sanction turned Russia from largest importers of food to now top exporters in the world.
Russia in 2019 tested payment with SWIFT CODE and already tested Web without WWW.
World has move from 1940s
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by LofiLogic: 1:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
seunny4lif:

Israel will fight Against Russia? grin
Almost 30% of Israelis are also Russia citizens
Why do you think Israel kept raiding Syria and Russia looks away

Bro things don't work like that. Isreal has a military, and d US and Isreal are strong allies so saying Isreal wouldn't join the war bcs 1.5 mill out of 9.something are from the SU doesn't make sense in any way
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by seunny4lif(m): 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
LofiLogic:

Bro things don't work like that. Isreal has a military, and d US and Isreal are strong allies so saying Isreal wouldn't join the war bcs 1.5 mill out of 9.something are from the SU doesn't make sense in any way
Israel will never fight Russia
Israel have her own security problem because any form of nonsense Israel will have its Arab population to deal with first then Hezbo
USSR was the country that first saved Israel and the first to recognise her as a country
It’s deeper than you think
To win elections in Israel, you have to use Putin picture along your campaign picture
You don’t know about Israel
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by LofiLogic: 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
seunny4lif:

Israel will never fight Russia
Israel have her own security problem because any form of nonsense Israel will have its Arab population to deal with first then Hezbo
USSR was the country that first saved Israel and the first to recognise her as a country
It’s deeper than you think
To win elections in Israel, you have to use Putin picture along your campaign picture
You don’t know about Israel

As the isreali you are abi?. Bro you never talk anything reasonable, To win elections... nah BS b dat my guy. What don't u understand about an alliance, does Russia give Isreal the $3.8 billion dollars US gives Isreal annually?. I need solid reasons why YOU BELIEVE Isreal will not fight alongside US
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by sunboy(m): 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
dannypaul:
When trump was president, nations avoided US wahala. Trump was the first US presidents to enter North Korea and shook hands with their leader.

Biden is simply a leaf.

If US try nonsense now, China will easily join Alliance with Russia and finish up once God's own nation.

Trump was good for real AMERICANS.

You follow him enter North Korean soil ?
What would Trump do if Russia decided to attack??
Was Trump not there while Dombass and Crimea issue was on going ??

Find solution to naija problem not America.
Buhari you all voted is better for naija too abi ?
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by sunboy(m): 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
donestk:
Warning without military confrontation should Russia invade Ukraine.

This is just saving face.

The US cannot get involved militarily, it’s not American fight.

US, China, Uk, Russia and France don’t just wake up and confront each other.

That’s the best US can do right now, sanctions.
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by sunboy(m): 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
goodconsience77:
The bully nation called Russian think that everything is all about displaying weaponry not knowing without good and sound economy it will be difficult for them to win.

Yes this is outright bullying, Russia won’t attack first but they are trying to provoke a first attack.

Economy ? Russian economy has been at its greatest for the past 5-10years. But with the sanctions waiting for them from the Western Allie’s, I’m sure this will bring them 2 step backward.
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by sunboy(m): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2021
lordm:
There won't be any war, don't decieve yourself

That’s my opinion too.

It’s a drill on the Russian side. As long as Ukraine don’t get provoked and attack first.
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by seunny4lif(m): 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
Russia economy has been on Sanction since 2014 yet they are getting stronger everyday
Russia now export more Agricultural food then she imported
Russia economy already moved away from western countries since post 2014
Asia is the main thing now
India and China need market
sunboy:

Yes this is outright bullying, Russia won’t attack first but they are trying to provoke a first attack.

Economy ? Russian economy has been at its greatest for the past 5-10years. But with the sanctions waiting for them from the Western Allie’s, I’m sure this will bring them 2 step backward.
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by seunny4lif(m): 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
LofiLogic:

As the isreali you are abi?. Bro you never talk anything reasonable, To win elections... nah BS b dat my guy. What don't u understand about an alliance, does Russia give Isreal the $3.8 billion dollars US gives Isreal annually?. I need solid reasons why YOU BELIEVE Isreal will not fight alongside US
So, you think because of the 3.8B military aid, Israel will go to war with Russia grin
Egypt also get over €1B military aid from USA which Egypt used to buy Russian military weapons every year
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by dannypaul(m): 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
sunboy:

You follow him enter North Korean soil ?
What would Trump do if Russia decided to attack??
Was Trump not there while Dombass and Crimea issue was on going ??

Find solution to naija problem not America.
Buhari you all voted is better for naija too abi ?

If you follow international news well, you will notice that trump had Putin in his pocket. And not until he left before this issue began escalating further.

Btw pls and pls and mention "Buhari" in this conversation.
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by Elzazzi: 4:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
richhy84:
It is like like removing the 2 kidney from Russia when you touch the gas pipe and other economic viabilit6. Most people dont know how powerful US is. F51 and F52

What’s F51 and F52
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by dannypaul(m): 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2021
VEHINTOLAR:

Compare the defence budgets ( military expenditure) of the two countries and tell me if you still believe that China "can match" the United States militarily !

Characteristic Military spending in billion
U.S. dollars

United States 778
China* 252
India 72.9
Russia 61.7
United Kingdom 59.2

While it is recognisable the economic and military improvements China has recorded in the last twenty years,there exists still ocean wide gaps between chairman Mao's country and Uncle Sam's which cannot be bridged in the next 20 - 40 years to come ! The United States spends more on national defense than China, India, Russia, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, Germany, France, Japan, South Korea, Italy, and Australia — combined ! Such is the enormous military power of the country you naively believe China can match !

And talking about economic sanctions,have you ever asked yourself why is it only the United States that can wield such power and effectively so ? Do you remember how Xi Jinping rushed to the White House the last time Trump used the big stick on China because China's economy,as a result,was already showing signs of distress ? The US can crumble the economy of the China if it wishes to do so but China on the other hand does not possess such capability.

The United States is not an ordinary country; it is a country established by the most high God as a home for the oppressed - the refugees. Or which other country do you think is referred to in the Bible as "Mystery Babylon the Great" ? As the most technologically advanced nation on planet earth,no nation can single handedly confront The United States of America militarily;that will be suicidal ! Area 51 in Nevada is a highly classified United States Air Force facility which was built in 1955. Only God and just few people know what's actually going on behind the curtain inside that facility.

The Ocean wide gap between the United States and China cannot be bridged in 3 years time as you put it;it's impossible ! China is still a toddler compared to the US in terms of military, economic and technological advancements.

I agree with you to an extent but if you're sensitive enough to the spirit, you will understand that the US has broken the "wall" and the serpent will bite. Heard about "a nation to rise from the east" in the Bible? Who else if not China?.

Sadly the ones beloved God's own nation has lost its Forte!!
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by LofiLogic: 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2021
seunny4lif:

So, you think because of the 3.8B military aid, Israel will go to war with Russia grin
Egypt also get over €1B military aid from USA which Egypt used to buy Russian military weapons every year

I never knew we were talking about Egypt sha.
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by dannypaul(m): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2021
BritishNaija:

Please be informed so you don't put out wrong information and mislead the public, Trump never visited North Korea.

I didn't say visited, rather "entered". Btw, kindly find attached below.

Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by sunboy(m): 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2021
dannypaul:

If you follow international news well, you will notice that trump had Putin in his pocket. And not until he left before this issue began escalating further.

Btw pls and pls and mention "Buhari" in this conversation.

You miss the point…it was the other way round.. Putin had Trump in his pocket.

Trump was at some point defending the Russians and that’s at the expense of undermining the US intelligence community.

My friend, I think you’re the one who should follow the news. Even local radios in the US invited many intelligence community stakeholders to question why the US President is always defending the Russians and always acting against his own countries intelligence briefings lol

And I mentioned Buhari cos you haven’t been updated about what’s happening locally.
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by sunboy(m): 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
seunny4lif:
Russia economy has been on Sanction since 2014 yet they are getting stronger everyday
Russia now export more Agricultural food then she imported
Russia economy already moved away from western countries since post 2014
Asia is the main thing now
India and China need market

Like I said before, Russia economy has been great like never before even during the mild sanctions.

You need to understand that a country cannot flourish on its own. Russia don’t need only China to make its economy better, that would leave them dependent on China.

Russias economy is also being boosted by its EU market for its gas, NordStream 2 comes to mind, that was being build your increase the current flow of gas.

If EU decided to join America to decisively deal with Russian economy it can, and this will blow up Russia from the inside. So let’s not even go there. No country can be great alone, and China is nobody’s friend economically. China would control your means of production if you allow it to, Russia isn’t dumb as African leaders to rely solely on China for their survival.

I come in peace.
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by seunny4lif(m): 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
LofiLogic:

I never knew we were talking about Egypt sha.
I was only pointing things out to you
I guess you don’t understand my point
Israel didn’t send troops when USA was in Iraq, Syria and Afghan but you expect Israel to send troops against a well armed nuclear power nation and against a country that it can turn Israel to paper land.
Former Israel PM have met Russia officials within the last 10 years than they have met USA government officials
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by seunny4lif(m): 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
NS2 is not even functioning yet and NS2 is German and Austrian government project because they need NS2 more than anything because gas is getting expensive.
Germany have the biggest industries in Europe and only Russia can help them.
I lived in Germany and I know what I’m talking about.
Nobody in Germany give a Bleep about Ukraine.
Many german companies moved offices to Russia when Russia sanctions EU companies.
Bayern is the richest state in Germany and they are complaining every day about the sanction in place.

Russia made money from there but it’s easy for EU to buy from Russia than anyone else.
Russia only need €30 to survive while Saudi the closest need like 70€ and USA need at least €100 to function.
sunboy:

Like I said before, Russia economy has been great like never before even during the mild sanctions.

You need to understand that a country cannot flourish on its own. Russia don’t need only China to make its economy better, that would leave them dependent on China.

Russias economy is also being boosted by its EU market for its gas, NordStream 2 comes to mind, that was being build your increase the current flow of gas.

If EU decided to join America to decisively deal with Russian economy it can, and this will blow up Russia from the inside. So let’s not even go there. No country can be great alone, and China is nobody’s friend economically. China would control your means of production if you allow it to, Russia isn’t dumb as African leaders to rely solely on China for their survival.

I come in peace.
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by OfficialAPCNig: 5:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
seunny4lif:
You must living in dream land grin
Blockage by who? Blockage a nuclear armed nation
I said blockade, not blockage.

Be guided
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by OfficialAPCNig: 5:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
Guyman02:

Official APC, very dumb analysis. No wonder you are a member of APC tongue
Stupid comment. Sensible people would have countered with their opinion.
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by OfficialAPCNig: 6:01pm On Dec 09, 2021
JayFredo:

It’s obvious you’re naive, ignorant kid, go read about crimea and Georgia and modify this your post
You are the ignorant one.

Crimea has been Russian territory by conquest hundred of years before USSR.

Russia has legitimate claim for the land.

If they born them well make them invade Ukraine nah. The same China has been crying over Taiwan.

What's stopping them?

Na only noise they will make but will never INVADE Ukraine. NATO will teach them lesson they will never forget.
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by OfficialAPCNig: 6:04pm On Dec 09, 2021
abeeee:

Remove the nukes and they still remain the second most powerful military in the world and you say nothing special

Talk with facts
Small Germany show them shege for WW 2. Nothing special about them biko

1 Like

Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by seunny4lif(m): 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

I said blockade, not blockage.

Be guided
I want to mention blockade.
Who will blockade Russia?
When Russia have access to Med sea already
She has a massive base in Syria and about to open another in Sudan
All her ships are well armed with nuclear weapons
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by JayFredo: 8:47pm On Dec 09, 2021
OfficialAPCNig:

If they born them well make them invade Ukraine nah. The same China has been crying over Taiwan.

What's stopping them?

Na only noise they will make but will never INVADE Ukraine. NATO will teach them lesson they will never forget.

Shut Up your mouth, us wouldn’t fight Russia because of Ukrain, NATO did nothing when it invaded Ukrain and took crimea, same way it’s gonna take donbass, mind you donbass are Russian ethnic majority and based on what you said it’s okay for Russia to take it since their Russian. You know nothing, just rest. And what stopped nato from intervening in Georgia invasion, Russia not only invaded but stopped us & uk ship from reaching Georgia through sea blockage, you just spitting out gibberish , you have no idea how dullard who think their smart irritates me.

Even a fool knows china wouldn’t invade Taiwan, rather unification will be peacefully, go check this out china is the biggest trading partner of Taiwan not US or UK, China wouldn’t destroy multi trillion$ economy of Taiwan just for the sake of unification, Taiwan success is a collective success of all Chinese. If the US is really interested in helping taiwan, they should open a Taiwanese embassy in Us and help them get a seat in UN, not threatening war on china.
Re: Biden Issues Stern Warning To Putin On Ukraine ( Pics, Video) by seunny4lif(m): 8:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
cheesy
Nairaland is full of comedians grin

Same NATO and USA that ran away from Georgia war against Russia in 2008 after Bush promised Georgia that USA military will come to their aid cheesy
Former Georgia president said it live on TV that all USA promises disappeared immediately Russia military started counter attack against Georgia well trained troops by NATO forces
OfficialAPCNig:

What's stopping them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Storm Eunice: Four dead and others injured as 120mph winds batter UK (Pics, Vid) / Man Goes Unclad To Celebrate Zambian President's Election Victory.PICS / Raila Odinga Swears Himself In As Kenya 'President'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.