Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,149 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church (41971 Views)

New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church / Killing Of Girl At Oodua Rally: The Wound On The Body Is A Stab Wound - Police / RCCG Pastor, Oluremi Tinubu Makeup Free Photos, Poses With Adeboye, Bola Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by Oluwamarc(m): 4:46am On Dec 09, 2021
Suspected hoodlums have attacked and killed a pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God in FESTAC Town, in the Amuwo Odofin Local Government Area of Lagos State.

Our correspondent gathered that the victim, Pastor Babatunde Dada, was killed inside the RCCG Chapel of Resurrection on 13 Road, 6th Avenue, FESTAC Town.

The killing, which happened on Thursday, December 2, was said to have been perpetrated by two new converts who came to the church for the first time a Sunday before the incident.

The two youths were said to have come out during an altar call and surrendered their lives to Jesus.

The church accommodated them on its premises after they claimed to be stranded.

They had barely spent a week in the church when they reportedly stabbed the cleric to death.

A senior pastor in the church, Akin Odejare, declined comment on the incident when contacted by PUNCH Metro.

However, the wife of the pastor, Bose, told our correspondent on the phone that she called her husband on the day of the incident and he promised to come home to rest.

She said, “My husband was killed on December 2 at the church. He was the admin/accounts officer, as well as the parish pastor. I was not with him when he was killed, but I was told that they collected money from him. I heard that those who killed him were new converts.”

A family member, who is also a security expert, Mr Abolarinwa  Olatunbosun, told our correspondent on Wednesday that the pastor was killed after withdrawing money from a bank.

He said, “The pastor went to a bank to withdraw some money and went to rest on the first floor of the church. Two persons said to be new converts went to meet him upstairs, broke his head and killed him.

“The matter was reported to the police and one of the suspects, who ran to Ilorin, has been arrested.”

Olatunbosun said the killing might be for ritual purposes, adding that the assailants were suspected Internet fraudsters, aka Yahoo boys.

The expert said criminals were beginning to attack churches and pastors because they believed there was money in church.

He advised religious centres to be security conscious and put in place strategies that could stop criminals from killing, kidnapping and robbing leaders and worshippers.

A friend of the slain pastor, Fred Enemigin, who is the founder, Highflyers International, Lagos, said in a Facebook post that the pastor was stabbed multiple times.

He wrote, “Two boys had come to church last Sunday and they responded to the altar call by giving their lives to Christ. After church service, they waited to see the head pastor and told him that they were stranded without any place to stay.

“On compassionate grounds, the pastor allowed them to stay somewhere within the church premises pending when they would be resettled. Pastor Tunde Dada, who had for almost a decade been the accountant of RCCG Chapel of Resurrection Parish, was assigned to provide needed welfare for the boys until their matter would be sorted.

“On the fateful Thursday, Tunde was seated in his office and the boys targeting that they were alone on the church premises with him, entered his office and attacked him with knives and other sharp weapons. He was stabbed multiple times and places until they had him killed right there on the spot.

“Our minds are still searching for what the rift between the boys and Tunde was considering the fact that the Tunde we knew was a very gentle soul. Could they have asked for more welfare than what was approved for them and Tunde declined? What on earth would warrant this brutal killing by those who were recipients of a server of the church’s benevolence? There are many more questions that we have not found answers to.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Adekunle Ajisebutu, said he had yet to be briefed about the case.
https://punchng.com/new-converts-stab-rccg-pastor-to-death-in-lagos-church/?amp

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by kayusely70(m): 4:54am On Dec 09, 2021
God shall fish them out wherever they're hiding. They must pay for their crime!

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by jullary(m): 4:55am On Dec 09, 2021
The bible says "watch and pray", not everybody we help in life!

121 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by Mko123(m): 5:10am On Dec 09, 2021
There's nothing I will do rather than save this place for Pastor righteousness.
But, could he be sleeping while some proselyte are stabbing pastors in the church?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by Nobody: 5:11am On Dec 09, 2021
A God that cant protect his own. That one na God

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by starbuck(f): 5:11am On Dec 09, 2021
Have never seen where life is as cheap as this in this country

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by sojayy(m): 5:12am On Dec 09, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by JustStupidity: 5:12am On Dec 09, 2021
Nobody should judge. Who knows what the pastor did or said that resulted in this. Let's hear from the killer first.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by HappyPagan: 5:12am On Dec 09, 2021
The way God fails his people ehn... To worship Satan no better pass?

psalmistkakah:
go worship d satan, cos na satan create u... even in death God can still give u life.. but satan cannot do nothing.. so choose wisely
I worship no one. God and Satan are equally useless..

NobleRace:

Many regrets loading for you on the day you die. You can't scorn your maker and escape his punishments.
I know who made me.. a young man and woman who feel in love some odd years ago.. they had beautiful sex and a few months later, I was born.

My makers are still alive. I hope to do them proud.

NobleRace:

He's not a man. He doesn't reason like you. Wait for it. He already has your expiration date in His hands. The doom which you so much love shall come to you at the appointed time.
Your mind is full of the thoughts of dead Jewish men. You do not exist... All I hear is echoes of the past, from a God that is not your own..

You are so colonized that you fear your God. You fear making mistakes, you fear questions, you fear doubt.. and in your ignorance, there's nothing worse than me facing that brutal God you worship.

But you see, that brutal God is just an idea that has been planted on your skull. Without the Bible, you wouldn't be able to describe God and that's very sad.. the only God you have 'interacted' with is one who is not of you...

That's why you come here and spit all this nonsense.. in a few days, you'd probably be in church listening to same nonsense from someone who has been hearing the same nonsense too.

That's why you have the internet... You can meet people outside your world, real humans not justChristians.

It is an opportunity you to open your mind to new ideas, new worlds, new Gods, new way of thinking.. regurgitating text written by men who roamed the wildernesses of Asia two thousand years ago doesn't speak well of your IQ.

I wish you all well. I embraced my doom a long time ago, and life has been beautiful ever since.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by Omihanifa: 5:12am On Dec 09, 2021
And the boys think they will go free undecided
It's just a matter of time before karma will catch up with them.

On the flip side again, they have succeeded in killing other people's chances. ( When genuine people come to the church for accommodation now the church will think twice

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by HappyPagan: 5:12am On Dec 09, 2021
adeakin:
Na Goat.. Goat of Israel we dey worship for Africa.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by donprincebigt(m): 5:13am On Dec 09, 2021
What's dz again
Inside church
Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by donprincebigt(m): 5:15am On Dec 09, 2021
adeakin:
The tin wey pain me b say u used capital letter G
U must be high on ice

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by butpro(m): 5:15am On Dec 09, 2021
Sheep in wolves skin.........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by LordGuru1: 5:18am On Dec 09, 2021
cry
Yes, the Demon through the Herbalist told them they must kill a Pastor in a Church for Satan the god of this World to release Millions of Naira to them so that they can buy cars, carry girls and play loud music every where. Very very shallow minds that don't know that buying and selling useful goods and services that makes Humanity better is the best way to make Millions easily.

Satan knew his time before eternal Judgement has become too short so, he couldn't wait to capture souls spiritually as he captured these boys. He is now frantically fighting tooth and nail using those in Power to force Hydra vulgaris demons to take irreversible ownership of people's Souls and Brains.
Fast and Pray that HOLY SPIRIT of MESSIAH should take over your Life and make your Rapture-ready!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by khiaa(f): 5:18am On Dec 09, 2021
Nigerians!!! SMH undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by Tooreda: 5:19am On Dec 09, 2021
You are simply retarded

adeakin:

13 Likes

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by dasparrow: 5:19am On Dec 09, 2021
The level of wickedness in Nigeria no be here. I hope the pastor gets justice. What a wicked world we live in.

4 Likes

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by GregJames(m): 5:21am On Dec 09, 2021
Hmm

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by remymartyn: 5:21am On Dec 09, 2021
This is a matter of the devil wears Prada

1 Like

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by sojayy(m): 5:21am On Dec 09, 2021
Men are so wicked !
Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by cooooooks(m): 5:23am On Dec 09, 2021
Secure yourself, don't wait for magic or religion to secure you.

R.I.P sir.

2 Likes

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by nairavsdollars(f): 5:24am On Dec 09, 2021
New converts indeed!!

2 Likes

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by starkid121(m): 5:30am On Dec 09, 2021
E shock me.....
Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by greenie77: 5:32am On Dec 09, 2021
Disheartening.
Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by TrumpDonald2: 5:32am On Dec 09, 2021
Now they have caused problem for people who might be truly stranded in the future.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by PENNYSWAP: 5:35am On Dec 09, 2021
west side till he died

1 Like

Re: New Converts Stab RCCG Pastor To Death In Lagos Church by seunny4lif(m): 5:36am On Dec 09, 2021
To help person now go hard

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tribunal Sacks Senator Gilbert Nnaji / Kemi Adeosun Poses With Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (Photo) / What Nuhu Ribadu Wrote About Atiku In 2010 When He Was EFCC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.