Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) (15142 Views)

1999 Throwback Photo Of Stella Damasus Vs Now / Stella Damasus & Third Husband Daniel Ademinokan Flaunt Wedding Rings / Stella Damasus: "I Was Abused By Emeka Nzeribe, My Ex Husband In 2009" (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by Cyphar(m): 12:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
This one no get problem o
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by Agbebakun22: 12:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
Take it or leave it your name is damaturu sorry Damascus, u can't know it more than us
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by ubest1(m): 12:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
You can tell Oyibo people to call you Damasus me na Damascus I know, wey you be dey since I was a child
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by Gravity56: 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
Mercychen:
Wetin concern me?

You didn't correct us then when you were still actively in the movie industry and on everyones lips. Your eyes were still "chooking" for money to notice the mispronunciation that time. it's now that people hardly call your name that you're coming to do pronunciation practice.

Anything to remain in the limelight.
Whatever, abeg!

Joblessness
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by ngwaIgbo223: 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
BEAUTIFUL IGBO WOMAN.
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by FashionCookie(f): 12:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
Mtchewww...radarada undecided
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by abbeyfel: 12:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
Irondome1:
This is just like Chinedu Ikedije and Osita Iheme coming out to tell us to stop calling them Aki na pawpaw, e no go work.
It's not the same. Be civilized please. Respect people's name!
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by FreeIgboho: 12:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
abbeyfel:
It's not the same. Be civilized please. Respect people's name!

Damascus, Damasus, same difference
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by abbeyfel: 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Damascus, Damasus, same difference
Is Igboho the same as igboko?
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by juniorstar(m): 1:00pm On Dec 09, 2021
Drinokrane:
Actress Stella Damasus on Tuesday shared a video of herself teaching Nigerians how to pronounce her surname, Igbere TV reports.

The mother of two uploaded the video on Instagram.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeu1wGRvBZA?feature=share

Stella has been tutoring social media users on the correct spelling of her surname.

Tired of people calling her Damascus, which is the capital city of Syria and the oldest capital in the world, the 43-year-old attempted to set the record straight in a tweet on Sunday.

“My name is Stella Damasus, not Damascus,” she wrote.

What many do not now know, however, is that her family’s original name was Ojukwu.

The mother of two disclosed the reason behind the change of name in an interview with BBC Igbo last year.

Speaking in the Igbo language the actress explained that during the civil war, Nigerian soldiers thought her family was related to the late Odumegwu Ojukwu who led the Biafran Army, which prompted the change of name.

“My surname is Ojukwu but during the Biafran war, Nigerian soldiers thought that we are related to the family of Odumegwu Ojukwu. That is the reason for the change,” she said.

She explained that Nigerian soldiers killed many of her father’s kin in Asaba because they shared the same surname with Ojukwu.

Due to the crisis, her grandfather decided that the family should adopt his first name Damasus (a Greek name) to keep them safe.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXMks4VjNPJ/?utm_medium=copy_link
After how many years? E go hard oo i like d Damascus like that
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by IbileIfe: 1:13pm On Dec 09, 2021
Anything Sha to gain attention. grin
She even do makeup to demo how to pronounce DAMASUS.
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by femi4: 1:20pm On Dec 09, 2021
Drinokrane:
Actress Stella Damasus on Tuesday shared a video of herself teaching Nigerians how to pronounce her surname, Igbere TV reports.

The mother of two uploaded the video on Instagram.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeu1wGRvBZA?feature=share

Stella has been tutoring social media users on the correct spelling of her surname.

Tired of people calling her Damascus, which is the capital city of Syria and the oldest capital in the world, the 43-year-old attempted to set the record straight in a tweet on Sunday.

“My name is Stella Damasus, not Damascus,” she wrote.

What many do not now know, however, is that her family’s original name was Ojukwu.

The mother of two disclosed the reason behind the change of name in an interview with BBC Igbo last year.

Speaking in the Igbo language the actress explained that during the civil war, Nigerian soldiers thought her family was related to the late Odumegwu Ojukwu who led the Biafran Army, which prompted the change of name.

“My surname is Ojukwu but during the Biafran war, Nigerian soldiers thought that we are related to the family of Odumegwu Ojukwu. That is the reason for the change,” she said.

She explained that Nigerian soldiers killed many of her father’s kin in Asaba because they shared the same surname with Ojukwu.

Due to the crisis, her grandfather decided that the family should adopt his first name Damasus (a Greek name) to keep them safe.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXMks4VjNPJ/?utm_medium=copy_link
Husband snatcher oshi
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by karkinase(m): 1:28pm On Dec 09, 2021
This one no get work.. cool
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2021
Who your name epp damascus ko damask ni or even sef Blokus
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by wilsonchilboy(m): 1:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
No be u go tell me how i go pronounce ur name
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by mamawa123: 2:26pm On Dec 09, 2021
Jobless husband snatcher
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by Awoo88: 2:27pm On Dec 09, 2021
If she likes make she cha ge am entirely, na Damascus
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by vRendoh(m): 2:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
All I sees is beauty. And those lovely smiles. I ll call anyhow you want it. D.a.m.a.s.us. lol

1 Like

Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by SolarEdge: 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
Madam please there are many relevant issues disturbing well meaning nigerians, how to pronounce your name is the least of them all. You Gerrit, if don't Gerrit then forgerrit
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by paddyDIGITAL(m): 3:12pm On Dec 09, 2021
Megabig:
It’s “Pronunciation” not “Pronounciation”…. Stella Damascus is so beautiful
Yes, she's so beautiful, but she's Stella Damasus, not Stella Damascus.
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by TomRiddle1: 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
nihinlade:
I liked her acting then
The woman can cry for film.
Na every time her late husband brother they torment her for film.
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by Majesty33(m): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
DAMASCUUUUUUUUUUUUUS I KNOW AND THAT I SHALL HEED TO.
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by Nwaajasa: 4:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ojikwu should have been a better but your family cowardly change it to Syria capital. So no offense please, nest time before you change a Hero name to a capital city you think very well
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by Hkff: 4:05pm On Dec 09, 2021
Who cares
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by Papadoh(m): 4:25pm On Dec 09, 2021
And just like that my childhood is destroyed.
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by warlordd(m): 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2021
Asaba people and change of name! Same thing with IBB's wife, from Maryam Okogwu to Maryam King during the war, and then Maryam Babangida.
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by BanevsJoker(m): 10:07pm On Dec 09, 2021
Irondome1:
This is just like Chinedu Ikedije and Osita Iheme coming out to tell us to stop calling them Aki na pawpaw, e no go work.
Ikedieze.

1 Like

Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by seunfape(m): 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2021
Kilo Kanmi, na scus I go they call not sus, am used to scus
Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by Melaninprincess(f): 11:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
E no concern me.

Do you know that you can win amazing gifts by just drinking Nescafe?

Re: How To Pronounce Stella Damasus Surname (Video) by Realboygenius(m): 2:45am On Dec 10, 2021
This is amazing. Meanwhile when you buy Nescafe 3 in 1 sachets and you submit 8 sachets at any of their redemption centres. You stand a chance to win up to 200,000 cash prizes and airtime.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Curvy Yoruba Girl Who Recently Broke The Internet Releases More Seductive Photos / Nigerian Reacts As Beautiful Lady Spotted Selling Okra On The Street / Takeoff The Last Rocket Album Download. Rar#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.