Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months (4171 Views)

NNPC To Discontinue Crude Swap, Targets Cash Payments For Petrol Imports / Petrol Imports Gulp ₦‎17 Trillion, Refineries Stay Dormant / FG Spent N731 Billion To Subsidise Inflated Petrol Imports - World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 09, 2021
CSTRR:
I hear that we are subsiding the whole of west Africa with our foreign revenue

This country has been cannibalised.

Yes,. and it has been going on for decades

The reason why we don't notice it in the past is because high revenue from crude in the past covered a lot of the cracks. Once crude falls, we wake up to the cracks.
Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by bayelsaowei(m): 10:58am On Dec 09, 2021
A failed state...failures all over
Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by ceasare: 11:01am On Dec 09, 2021
juniorstar:

Abeg when is dangote refinery launching..so we can secure hemostasis of our forex...this bleeding don too much the country fit exanguinate

be jonzing urself .who told u when dangote refinery starts you will be experiencing #64/ltr? js the way his cemebt factory is selling u cemebt at #600/bag bah? very soon nigerians will know their true enemies!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by Poopypants: 11:04am On Dec 09, 2021
Believe you me, somebody is in his or her office somewhere coordinating and embezzling this money
Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by manuelkel(m): 11:04am On Dec 09, 2021
Crusadee:
Kukuma remove the subsidy, if we can have a dollar of less than $1 = <N200

Poorer countries have been living well with pump price of more than N500 per litre of petrol but a very stable and favorable exchange rate!

What is the essence of petrol less than N200 and dollar above N500 import based economy?

We need a wholistic approach to a different new idea.

If you gerrit fine, if you don gerrit forget abourit.

I know say some people will insult me but I know say no be everybody get sense to my level as a world class economist.
Oya make we dey jolly dey go no dulling
You made a good point but the last premiss spoilt everything.......
Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by Prechy08(m): 11:06am On Dec 09, 2021
Niger, Benin republic etc the use, Nigeria the PAY

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by misskemi40: 11:06am On Dec 09, 2021
Amazing Nairaland younger brother. Great Innovation in Ghana

Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by shugamummy: 11:14am On Dec 09, 2021
Just keep voting Buhari and his brothers and remember to Vote Tinubu in

Crusadee:

Poorer countries have been living well with pump price of more than N500 per litre of petrol but a very stable and favorable exchange rate!

What is the essence of petrol less than N200 and dollar above N500 import based economy?

I know say some people will insult me but I know say no be everybody get sense to my level as a world class economist.
Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by gulfer: 11:19am On Dec 09, 2021
Esseite:
Be deceiving yourselves...

More fuel efficient vehicles..
Rise in unemployment..
100m below the poverty line..
Inflation in double digit..
Pandemic has reduced movement..
Remote work more rampant..
Insecurity has limited travels and trips...

Yet Nigerian fuel import increases... truly, be deceiving yourselves.
We are supplying to and subsidizing the petrol for our 2nd country where the president is originally from....If you don't gerrit, forget about it grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 09, 2021
Crystalom3:
Government of other countries changes policies and the first thing the citizens think about is to challenge the government.

In Nigeria, the citizens look for ways to suffer more in other to adapt to the change.

You see them downgrading their lifestyle, suffering and smiling, thinking they are strong motherf*ckers.
I can't wait to see the day we come out to fight our oppressors.
Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by FarahAideed: 11:49am On Dec 09, 2021
Why will it double
Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by FarahAideed: 11:51am On Dec 09, 2021
Poopypants:
Believe you me, somebody is in his or her office somewhere coordinating and embezzling this money

Buhari is behind the false increase ..they use it to fund Jih and the Niger economy
Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by juniorstar(m): 11:58am On Dec 09, 2021
ceasare:

be jonzing urself .who told u when dangote refinery starts you will be experiencing #64/ltr? js the way his cemebt factory is selling u cemebt at #600/bag bah? very soon nigerians will know their true enemies!!!
Make dangote no run us street ooh..i know say foreign money dey that refinery so them still wan get their returs in USD..but make government no loose guard.
Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by Aganju849: 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
treesun:
• Petrol imports’ll double next year if FG delays subsidy removal, says IPMAN

https://punchng.com/nigerias-petrol-imports-jump-by-55-hit-n2-52tn-in-nine-months/

It's just the cabal inflating figures
Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by Aganju849: 12:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
Crusadee:

If you like peg pump price at 500/litre, the people behind this paper subsidy will simply increase the import volumes by commensurate figure.s. As long as refined fuel is being imported into this country, there will be 'subsidy' to feed the cabal (who are 'friends' of the presidency)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by Demosolar: 12:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
This is Demosolar a solar inverter systems user. For those of us using petrol generators,be prepared to pay more next year but if you buy and install a solar inverter systems from me,you will reduce substantially the petrol cost on your generator over the medium to long term and enjoy the good life here in Nigeria despite the challenging environment.
Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by Elsueno: 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2021
CSTRR:
I hear that we are subsiding the whole of west Africa with our foreign revenue

This country has been cannibalised.

One of the reasons I fully support subsidy removal, our security agencies can't even secure the border, sometimes they even take part in the smuggling ring... Something that's slowly destroying thier own country, thier people & relatives( I find this very baffling)..I am not a good person nor patriot but I will never do anything that will cripple this country because even if I enjoy the loot here, on judgement day I might surfer for eternity

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by BigBizzy(m): 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2021
..Election is coming
Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by Crusadee: 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2021
manuelkel:

You made a good point but the last premiss spoilt everything.......
I know what I m saying bro... Very little people here will have the kind of idea I subscribe to not because of anything but because of the research and materials inm exposed to forget about playing here in Nairaland, I do it for fun

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2021
gulfer:
We are supplying to and subsidizing the petrol for our 2nd country where the president is originally from....If you don't gerrit, forget about it grin grin grin grin grin

It's not just Niger

It's for all our neighbors, and even countries like Ghana and Mali.
Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by kellyezekiel1997(m): 1:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
We have oil refininaries in warri and another one in the northern part of the country.
Both are in custody of the federal government.
None of them are working at all.

Naija get oil, but yet we de import PMS.
Price na #175 now
Remove subsidy, price will be #350
Dollar now na #565

So if Naija no get oil nko..........
Fuel price go be #2,000 per litre
Dollar go b #3,000
Chai, this country is dead and has been sold out, just like Wizkid sold out O2 Arena.
Naija de #12-trillion before Buhari came into power, but currently Naija de owe over #34-trillion, still yet buhari de still borrow again.

This kwantri don finish ���
Re: Nigeria’s Petrol Imports Jump By 55%, ₦2.52 Trillion In Nine Months by kellyezekiel1997(m): 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
juniorstar:

Make dangote no run us street ooh..i know say foreign money dey that refinery so them still wan get their returs in USD..but make government no loose guard.

Na street he run us nah
because he will buy d oil, process it and sell at the time and price he wants.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Denied Being A Member Of IPOB / E Be Like Say Atiku Go Win This Election O / May Day: Governor Ododo Extends Health Insurance To Kogi LG Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.