Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,230 members, 7,829,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Uk Visa Requirements Simplified - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa Requirements Simplified (1703 Views)

Angola Visa Requirements And Site Link / Malta Visa Requirements Needed / Visa Requirements For Dubai? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visa Requirements Simplified by KINKYB: 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2011
Hello dear Nairalanders, am trying to apply for a UK visit visa that covers me, my wife and kid. My wife's company intends sponsoring our 2weeks Holiday trip. Based on the foregoing, my wife would be the principal applicant.
Kindly assist in telling what documents the sponsoring company needs present, what my wife as the principal applicant needs present, what I, the husband (not the principal applicant) needs present and what we need present on behalf of our 1 year old baby.
Please lay more emphasis on what I need to present as the husband and 'secondary applicant' if there's any phrase like that.
We have never left the country before. But we are keen on presenting genuine documents because we are quite conversant with the implication of doing otherwise.
Thank you all and God bless you so much.
Re: Uk Visa Requirements Simplified by worry246(m): 5:28pm On Jun 12, 2011
The first and most important thing that UKBA will be looking for is PROOF that you and all members of your family will return back home before your visa runs out.
So you must proove STRONG ties of job or property that you can not leave behind.
Proof of good salery and long employment is good.
Confimation that job is still avaliable on return.
THEN
Enough money avaliable to cover accomodation etc. while you are in UK.
Health insurance so you would not be a liability would be good.
If you are true & honest you will succeed
Re: Uk Visa Requirements Simplified by KINKYB: 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2011
thanks 'worry246' but do more by coming down to specifics. Like I said, my wife's company is sponsoring the trip. There shldnt be much problems with her own documentation. She has all the neccesaries. Am keen on knowing exactly what I need to submit along with hers since am not the principal applicant. I've got my tax clearance and am working. Do I need to go into so much details too to prove visa worthiness? What would they need from me as a secondary applicant. Thanks.
Re: Uk Visa Requirements Simplified by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2011
1. Pay slips for 6mths for both applicants
2. Letter of Introduction both applicants
3. Leave letter
4. Sponsorship letter covering both of you
5. Bank Statement for both applicants
6. Hotel reservation
7.Proof of landed properties
8. Detail itinerary of what you plan doing in the Uk
9.Share certificate , stock
10. E-passport
11. Tax clearance

But your wife has to explain clearly why the company is sponsoring the family. wish you the best
Re: Uk Visa Requirements Simplified by lolatom: 10:58am On Jun 13, 2011
ogugua1:

3. Leave letter
6. Hotel reservation
10. E-passport
11. Tax clearance

But your wife has to explain clearly why the company is sponsoring the family. wish you the best

PLease would the embassy accept scanned copies of the above stated documents? Urgent reply needed.
thanks
Re: Uk Visa Requirements Simplified by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2011
@op no embassy wants original copies of all docs, using scanned copies is a no no no. Make sure all documents u giving to dem to support ur spp shld b original. No need to do anytin fake, if u don't hav a doc just xplain to them in writing.peace out
Re: Uk Visa Requirements Simplified by lolatom: 2:39pm On Jun 13, 2011
ogugua1:

@op no embassy wants original copies of all docs, using scanned copies is a no no no. Make sure all documents u giving to dem to support your spp shld b original. No need to do anytin fake, if u don't hav a doc just xplain to them in writing.peace out

Ogugua, thanks for the response but I sincerely don't appreciate people quoting me out of context of inferring what I didn't mean. Where in my post did I state I was intending forging a document?

Everyone knows scanning documents is easier than sending it through courier and I jst wanted to know if it's acceptable.
Thanks anyway.
Re: Uk Visa Requirements Simplified by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2011
@op sorry if i offended u but that how it was stated on either their app or website, i never meant you. but anyways my apologies.
Re: Uk Visa Requirements Simplified by lolatom: 8:00pm On Jun 13, 2011
ogugua1:

@op sorry if i offended u but that how it was stated on either their app or website, i never meant you. but anyways my apologies.

No probs bro.
Re: Uk Visa Requirements Simplified by KINKYB: 12:12am On Jun 14, 2011
ogugua1:

3. Leave letter
6. Hotel reservation
10. E-passport
11. Tax clearance

Thanks so much Ogugua1. But you must know my wife's company is presenting a statement as our sponsor and my wife is presenting a back up savings account statement of about 1.2m. I dont really have a good bank statement as at now. I was hoping I need not present that and still be good for the visa. What do you think?
Re: Uk Visa Requirements Simplified by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 14, 2011
@kinkyb Now even if your bank statement is not solid as of present, you still need to turn in your bank statement to show your financial situation here in nigeria. you can also turn in ur pay slips for 6mths

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Foreigners Soo Many In Maryland, US. / Nigerian Visa Or Nigerian Passport - Please Advise / Benin To Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.