Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,983 members, 7,835,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 (18848 Views)

Like Facebook, Zoom To Start Charging 7.5% VAT From Nigerian Users / 7.5% VAT On Phone CALLS, SMS - FIRS Incharge - Pantami / MTN Now Charges 7.5% Vat On Every Call That Is Made (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by PlanktonX: 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
The thing baba no fit destroy never exist...

Las las Nigerians go get sense.

If you like vote ISWAP, bandit or vulganizer as president, na your belle go tell when the time to proof the worth of the leader comes.

Taxation is not the problem, but have you got to show to the people that taxation brought.
It's upon this tax that someone will go and park national jet somewhere for 100 days and be enjoying free medication, where the tax payers don't have access to common malaria treatment.

Nigerians go get sense las las.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by hopepitex: 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
Damian president
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by Alusiizizi(m): 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2021
Vast majority of my income comes from cyberspace but let me be damned if those parasites and bubble-heads get a single kobo of my money.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by TomRiddle1: 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
Fahdiga:
Buhari, when will Nigerians start paying 7.5% VAT on the air we breath? Imagine how one man single handedly destroyed the life of over 200 million people. Buhari is the worst calamity to have ever befallen Nigeria
Who count us and said we are 200 million sef ?
Bros we reach 350 milly because them no count me and all the children for A.J and Apapa.
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by Greenback: 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Very good, charity begins at home. Children of 8 will soon invade this thread... despite not understanding what the topic is all about
Like you...cos you didn't say anything about the thread nah grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by Crossroad1(m): 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2021
Crusadee:
Oga Buhari no be to dey tax Nigerians be the solution.. Tax the major corporations cashing out with huge profit in Nigerian... Facebook, twitter, you tube, instagram etc some small ones don dey follow like bigolive, likee tiktok etc

If you no tax them and tax Nigerians we'll strike you
Buhari Don tax Facebook, that's why you are being taxed
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by obyrich(m): 4:06pm On Dec 09, 2021
aspabay:
It is wrong for Facebook to make millions from Nigeria without paying anything as tax, but pushing it to users get as e be
VAT is paid by consumers. Users of Facebook not Facebook itself will pay the VAT.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by me69: 4:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
Fahdiga:
Buhari, when will Nigerians start paying 7.5% VAT on the air we breath? Imagine how one man single handedly destroyed the life of over 200 million people. Buhari is the worst calamity to have ever befallen Nigeria
guy, stop criticising every action of FG without reason. When the government does something good even if you can't openly admit it you don't need to criticise it, it makes you look like uneducated
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by fombi: 4:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
Not a bad idea, but in such corrupt country lead by thieves, the VAT is just being taken to be stolen. No road, electricity, water, schools, hospitals yet they collecting tax. Wicked criminals.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by seanwilliam(m): 4:13pm On Dec 09, 2021
flexlatifa:
Buhari is the worst thing that has ever happened to Nigerians mankind.
Even children sef dey complain...

Na so my 3years daughter yesterday told me that Buhari has made everything difficult for her.
fixed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by BluntCrazeMan: 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2021
Facebook Incorporated should be the ones paying the Federal Government, since they are the ones making the money.
Nigerians can't pay money for Advert and still pay tax for paying money to Facebook.
Nigerians can only pay tax when they are making money from Facebook..
(That is, from paid posts and paid videos)
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by SATANlST: 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2021
buhari is still the best
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by fastseo: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Very good, charity begins at home. Children of 8 will soon invade this thread... despite not understanding what the topic is all about
No Facebook aren't paying anything its Nigerians.

They said if u place ads on Facebook, they will collect the usual fee then now charge you 7% vat and send that vat to government.

Nigerians are the ones paying

Why don't Facebook just pay tax from the money they make off Nigerians and leave Nigerians away from the tax
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by nextstep(m): 4:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
Eh... pay your taxes people. We want to diversify our income streams, and have good infrastructure. Tax is what most countries use to fund these. What we're missing is good governance, but then again, the choice of government is made by the people, so quite complaining about the bad choice you made. tongue

*I only feel sorry for the 5%
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by fastseo: 4:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
obyrich:
VAT is paid by consumers. Users of Facebook not Facebook itself will pay the VAT.
How much have you paid since u are using Facebook apart from your data subscription which goes to mtn, glo and Airtel?

Facebook just dodge the tax and shifted it to those running ads on their platform.
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by BluntCrazeMan: 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
SEE WHAT TWITTER CAUSED.!!
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by Rree: 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2021
I don’t run ads on that platform anymore
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by iamme1234(m): 5:05pm On Dec 09, 2021
Fahdiga:

As swear down
He is the worst that has befall us since 60 years ago....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by Brushstrokes20: 5:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
The insatiable, sadistic scum is at it again undecided

If buhari were God, Nigerians will PAY PER SECONDS FOR THE AIR THEY BREATHE!

The dullard is Nigeria's worst blunder!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by lomprico(m): 5:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
So Mark Zuckerberg don join APC? undecided
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by lomprico(m): 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2021
nextstep:
Eh... pay your taxes people. We want to diversify our income streams, and have good infrastructure. Tax is what most countries use to fund these. What we're missing is good governance, but then again, the choice of government is made by the people, so quite complaining about the bad choice you made. tongue

*I only feel sorry for the 5%

abi? they are the only ones feeling the brunt of this evil government. I really pity them
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by lomprico(m): 5:13pm On Dec 09, 2021
blamingthedevil:

you whey understand am, break it down. Waawaa!
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by Johel(m): 5:22pm On Dec 09, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.thecable.ng/from-jan-1-nigerians-will-pay-7-5-vat-on-facebook-ads/amp

I no kuku use Facebook again...after I sub Una go still collect VAT....Una wehdone.
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by 27Pushing30: 5:34pm On Dec 09, 2021
flexlatifa:
Buhari is the worst thing that has ever happened to Nigeria.
Even children sef dey complain...

Na so my 3years daughter yesterday told me that Buhari has made everything difficult for her.

It’s global best practice
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by Fahdiga(m): 5:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
nedekid:

But lots of people here will disagree with you, even insult you, yet they are affected by it more than you.
How do you figure out such folks? What do you call them? Are they normal?
They are zombies

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by Princedapace(m): 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
As usual, the money will be taken by FG and used to loot and invest in other regions.
While most of this money generated from social media will come from southern Nigerians, the money willl be spent in the north the more.

Chaii.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by Fahdiga(m): 5:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
Himtulie247:
I am Very sure , you are not affected on This , because I know say you no dey advatise anything grin
I'm fighting for people like you. I'm ok
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by chaloskyx: 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT BUBU WE HAVE TO PAY VAT ON MEMBERS USING AND COMMENTING ON NAIRALAND AS WELL THEY SHOULD NOT BE LEFT OUT smiley
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
Fahdiga:
I'm fighting for people like you. I'm ok
Don't fight for me ! Fight for yourself ! cool
Re: Nigerians To Pay 7.5% VAT On Facebook Ads From 1st January 2022 by Smartdepotng: 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lass lass na average Nigerians go suffer am. FACEBOOK will just 7.5% on top of what they are already charging Nigerians for ads. That means adding more pains to people already paying more due to the degradation of the Naira against the dollar. Image if Bụbu made N1 = $1 there won't be any problem paying VAT as we will be getting great Value.

Does The FG that there is something called Facebook Pay? That they can negotiate with Facebook to add great Incentives to teeming Nigerians who use the app? Other countries are working out great incentives and getting rebates for their nation ours is to add VAT to ads which kills or slow down small and medium scale online entrepreneurs. Unfortunately, online business is a global competition and as it stands, people in Benin are at better advantage than Nigeria in getting value from Facebook - thanks to some of these 'living ancestors' that won't leave power.

Lass lass, Facebook go still dey cash out, Nigerians will be paying more and getting less in return. And if business bad, Facebook will pull out some of its investment in Nigeria and move it to let's say Ghana.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Opting Out From Etisalat's Ring Back Tune / Samsung GS3 Vs Nokia Lumia900 / Glo Turns Subscribers To Landlords With Phonelord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.