Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria (4401 Views)

Check Out The Most Expensive Secondary School In The World (Pics/Video) / Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. / List Of The Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by sureteeboy(m): 6:30am On Dec 10, 2021
PALAPALA02:

BUT DON'T BE FLUSTERED!
From published information by WAEC, JAMB, NYSC, MEDICAL SCHOOLS, NIGERIA LAW SCHOOL, THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, EXTERNAL UNIVERSITIES ENTRANCE EXAMINATION BOARDS, etc, no student from these students ever came *FIRST in WASCE or JAMB!*
No student from these schools has ever *made first class in their first degree courses.*
No student from these schools have *put Nigeria in academic map through excellence in external university qualifying examinations.*
Lol. You are extremely ignorant. I won't say more than that.

1 Like

Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by ProfGday(m): 6:56am On Dec 10, 2021
I'm not against the idea of sending your wards to these high end schools,but civil servants that have their children in such schools should be investigated for corruption.

Do the maths{Dowen College }

2million per term × 3 = 6m per year.

6million × 5/6years
= 30million
Miscellaneous =6million

Practically you spend #36million on a child... Imagine having 3 to 5 children in that school?

Some people owe us explanations on how they got their wealth in this country .

How much is the salary of a Professor?

1 Like

Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 10, 2021
Not only do schools like these offer facilities that public schools can't, but they also help the rich stay connected with other rich people.

I don't know why an average poor Nigerian hate the rich. It's a sick mentality, cause it shows you're not planning to be rich yourself.

When money is no longer a problem, your view of the world will change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Spy360(m): 8:31am On Dec 10, 2021
I'd rather pay a private tutor than give money to schools just for show off only for them to damage my kids.
Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by warlordd(m): 8:42am On Dec 10, 2021
I'm sure Chimamanda Adichie didn't attend any of these schools yet she's making waves. Enough said!!!

2 Likes

Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Tuskolo: 8:54am On Dec 10, 2021
Which one come be corona again ����
Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by franchasng: 8:56am On Dec 10, 2021
Murrayish:
The writer of this thread is not serious. Where did you get the statistics to judge that the students that graduated from those schools did not excel in various exams or various universities. People that go to convenant university and the likes, where do you think they schooled at. Or are you not aware of the number of qualified and discipled first class graduates some private universities churn out yearly?

Most of these students don't even end up going to tertiary institutions in Nigeria. They mostly end up writing SAT and other international exams.

It is good to train up children in good schools if you can afford it. Foundational schools are key to whatever one may become in the future.
Thank you!
You have a point but the op is very correct.

Paying exorbitant school fees is not a guarantee that your children will be top academia or successful in life.

I attended government schools from primary to tertiary. I finished with almost a first class, slipped by 0.04.

I am a successful engineer and entrepreneur that most of my mates who attended top private schools can never match me today by God's grace.

One of my cousins is a top surgeon in one of the EU countries. He attended government schools till tertiary. He remained the best student from primary to tertiary.

One of my brothers is a top manager at an IOC, he passed through the worst government schools all through, today he is the best in his career.

I have so many examples to give to support the op.

So going to expensive school is never a guarantee that a child will be successful or brilliant.

1 Like

Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by lereinter(m): 10:36am On Dec 10, 2021
The secondary schools that Soyinka, achebe and co attended, they couldn't even send their wards to such sch again

1 Like

Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by juri: 11:28am On Dec 10, 2021
PALAPALA02:
16. Lead British International School,
Abuja - *N1.5million per annum.*

15. Nigerian Turkish International
College, Abuja - *N1.6 million per*
*annum.*

14. International Community School,
Abuja - *N1.9million per annum*

13. Dowen College - *N2 million per*
*annum*

12. Chrisland College, Ikeja - *N2*
*million* *per* *annum*

11. Atlantic Hall, Epe, Lagos - *N2.27*
*million per annum*

10. Corona Secondary School, Agbara - *N2.55* *million per* *Annum*

9.Hillcrest School, Jos - *N2.65 million per annum*

8. Loyola Jesuit, Abuja - *N2.8 million per annum*

7. Meadow Hall, Lagos - *N3 million per annum*

6. Greensprings School - *N3.185 million per annum*

5. Whiteplains British School, Abuja - *N3.6 million per Annum*

4. Day Waterman College, Abeokuta -
*N3.7 million per Annum*

3.Lekki British International High
School, Lagos - *N4 million per annum*

2.British International School, Lagos - *N4.48 millionper annum*

1.Grange School, Lagos - *N4.5 million per annum*

BUT DON'T BE FLUSTERED!
From published information by WAEC, JAMB, NYSC, MEDICAL SCHOOLS, NIGERIA LAW SCHOOL, THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, EXTERNAL UNIVERSITIES ENTRANCE EXAMINATION BOARDS, etc, no student from these students ever came *FIRST in WASCE or JAMB!*
No student from these schools has ever *made first class in their first degree courses.*
No student from these schools have *put Nigeria in academic map through excellence in external university qualifying examinations.*
So dear parents, don't kill yourself and your children because of exorbitant school fees.
Attendance in these fancy schools is no guarantee that your child will be an academic star.
Professors Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka, Philip Emeagwali, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Dr. Dora Akuyili, didn't attend 7-star hotels parading as schools!
Parents, please know and maintain your finances for godly pursuits by limiting your quest for costly, fanciful schools.
Success in life is not about the school your children attend.
The above schools are not on the academic cutting edge - as at today!
Be wise!
Stay alive!..

Very interesting analysis made here.
Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Murrayish(f): 11:57am On Dec 10, 2021
This is also true. I guess you schooled in a govt school at a time when they were still functional and up to par. Nowadays, most govt schools, especially state owned are nothing to write home about. I mean primary and secondary schools.
franchasng:
You have a point but the op is very correct.

Paying exorbitant school fees is not a guarantee that your children will be top academia or successful in life.

I attended government schools from primary to tertiary. I finished with almost a first class, slipped by 0.04.

I am a successful engineer and entrepreneur that most of my mates who attended top private schools can never match me today by God's grace.

One of my cousins is a top surgeon in one of the EU countries. He attended government schools till tertiary. He remained the best student from primary to tertiary.

One of my brothers is a top manager at an IOC, he passed through the worst government schools all through, today he is the best in his career.

I have so many examples to give to support the op.

So going to expensive school is never a guarantee that a child will be successful or brilliant.
Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by shilenji(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2021
Op you didn't do your findings well
Lifeforte Boulevard nko na 10naira dem dey pay abi?� School wey I wan go my papa hear $25,000 per annum he wan pay am as small as I was den I advised him not to grin
Ps: as at april 2015 o
Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Engrmartin4jesu(m): 12:16pm On Dec 10, 2021
Are you looking for a quality destoned RICE, U can use 4ur EVENTS, look no further we at FOODIES sell quality Rice @20k a 50kg bag & (19k a 50kg bag for bulk buyers). We Waybill to various states & within ENUGU 4 a fee. 08160158194 (MARTIN)

Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by franchasng: 12:20pm On Dec 10, 2021
Murrayish:
This is also true. I guess you schooled in a govt school at a time when they were still functional and up to par. Nowadays, most govt schools, especially state owned are nothing to write home about. I mean primary and secondary schools.
Not true dear.

I went to one of the worst government secondary schools. During my set, we had no Physics teacher, no Maths, no English.

We had good Chemistry, Biology and Geography tutors though.

But I schooled myself, maybe its God's gift. I started reading Physics by Abot, P.N Ekeke, M & Parker at JSS3 even before I entered SS1.

I taught myself further maths to the amazement of my siblings and class mates. I wasn't an arts student but I read virtually all literature books and novels out of passion. Mention any novel or play used by literature students of my time and I will narrate the whole story for you.

The same applies to some of my siblings and even cousins then. We used to have family challenge within ourselves as to who would excel most in academics and scientific inventions. I wanted to be like Albert Einstein who was like my mentor. We constructed almost all the things we read from Abot, from electric bells, relay, amplifier system, battery, rocket (lol which failed launch), etc, etc.

Our house was like a science lab and research center plus mechanic workshop cheesy

You guys wont understand sha lol grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by oyatz(m): 1:24pm On Dec 10, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Lol... OP wasn't expecting this.

Anyway, such schools offer more than academic excellence. They help ensure the rich stay connected with the rich. Such connections are referred to as the human currency and it's just as important as any other currency.

You are right, however it's wrong to assume that children of the rich will always become rich and upper class or ruling elites later in their lives.
Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by oyatz(m): 1:30pm On Dec 10, 2021
Engrmartin4jesu:
Are you looking for a quality destoned RICE, U can use 4ur EVENTS, look no further we at FOODIES sell quality Rice @20k a 50kg bag & (19k a 50kg bag for bulk buyers). We Waybill to various states & within ENUGU 4 a fee. 08160158194 (MARTIN)

Which school did you attend and which ones are your children attending now?
Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by oyatz(m): 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2021
franchasng:
Not true dear.

I went to one of the worst government secondary schools. During my set, we had no Physics teacher, no Maths, no English.

We had good Chemistry, Biology and Geography tutors though.

But I schooled myself, maybe its God's gift. I started reading Physics by Abot, P.N Ekeke, M & Parker at JSS3 even before I entered SS1.

I taught myself further maths to the amazement of my siblings and class mates. I wasn't an arts student but I read virtually all literature books and novels out of passion. Mention any novel or play used by literature students of my time and I will narrate the whole story for you.

The same applies to some of my siblings and even cousins then. We used to have family challenge within ourselves as to who would excel most in academics and scientific inventions. I wanted to be like Albert Einstein who was like my mentor. We constructed almost all the things we read from Abot, from electric bells, relay, amplifier system, battery, rocket (lol which failed launch), etc, etc.

Our house was like a science lab and research center plus mechanic workshop cheesy

You guys wont understand sha lol grin

Hmm, you must be a very disciplined man.

Which school did you attend sir?
Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by WoundedLamb: 3:31pm On Dec 10, 2021
oyatz:

You are right, however it's wrong to assume that children of the rich will always become rich and upper class or ruling elites later in their lives.
I don't that's an assumption most people make.
Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by ACAN(m): 11:01am On Dec 17, 2021
TEENS CAN COOK FOUNDATION
In collaboration with
NIGERIA TELEVISION AUTHORITY (NTA 10 LAGOS)

Present the second edition of the teens can cook competition

For registration and participation
Obtain a form of N5,000 from NTA @ Yaba Lagos office or at 56, opebi road salvation bus/stop Ikeja lagos.

ELIMINATING STAGE
Theory & Practical
31st January to 7th February 2022

SECOND ROUND
Theory & Practical
Wednesday 9th - 13th February 2022

QUARTERFINAL
Theory & Practical, Visiting Big Restaurant in Lagos
Tuesday 15th February 2022

SEMIFINAL
Entertain Calling & Sms from Audience
17th February 2022

FINAL
Timing, Food Presentation, Taste
Monday 21st February 2022

RECOGNITION OF AWARDS AND PRIZE GIVING DAY
Saturday 26th February 2022

The registration form is N5,000

Obtain Your Registration Form @
NTA Yaba Lagos office
or at
No.56 Opebi Road, Salvation B/Stop Ikeja, Lagos.

Prizes to be won are

The winner gets an all-expense-paid trip to the United Kingdom
1st Runner up gets a laptop
2nd Runner up gets a Gas Cooker
3rd Runner up gets a Multifunctional Air Fryer
4th Runner up gets a set of non-stick pots

All payment should be made to
TEENS CAN COOK FOUNDATION
Sterling Alternative Finance Cooperate Account

For inquiries: Contact us:
NTA Marketing Manager 08160087357,
Odunayo on 08051113510 or
Chilove - 08139201829

What are you waiting for? Hurry up now to register

Teens Can Cook uncovering the prominence chef in you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WmGoM6dHNM
Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2021
Murrayish:
The writer of this thread is not serious. Where did you get the statistics to judge that the students that graduated from those schools did not excel in various exams or various universities. People that go to convenant university and the likes, where do you think they schooled at. Or are you not aware of the number of qualified and discipled first class graduates some private universities churn out yearly?

Most of these students don't even end up going to tertiary institutions in Nigeria. They mostly end up writing SAT and other international exams.

It is good to train up children in good schools if you can afford it. Foundational schools are key to whatever one may become in the future.
Thank you!
you are right ma'am..

1 Like

Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2021
PALAPALA02:
no one is saying the educational background of the child is not important. the message being passed is that, paying exorbitant amount of money on these private schools doesn't guarantee your child success in life. its all about limiting your quest for costly, fanciful schools as a means of show off to the society that doesn't give a f*** about you.
Success in life is not about the school your children attend.
note, the above schools are not on the academic cutting edge - as at today!
those schools use british curriculum...they don't mingle with average private schools,and most of their students do not attend nigerian university...
Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 17, 2021
juman:
Those that can comfortably send their children there, is good for them.
But if you're struggling type, don't kill yourself on those over rated schools.
abeg shush!!! 90% of those schools are not overated...go to any first before you start saying what you do not know.
Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2021
MMempire:
Make una leave the OP alone o. E get why.
yes he no get sense
Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2021
MJBOLT:
this thread was inspired by poverty
In Nigeria,poor people want to tell rich people how to spend their own money undecided
I tell you
Re: Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 17, 2021
Freighthost:
none ve produced the best student in weac or in nigeria or in Africa
Jus money n bullies
lol they don't do waec... please do not let ignorance deceive you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aaua Post Ume Form Is Out / SHOCKING: REASONS WHY BLACK WOMEN ARE MORE LIKELY TO DIE FROM BREAST CANCER / Do Electric Shock Have No Effect On Someone Wearing Slippers ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.