Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca (866 Views)

Ijebu, The Yoruba & Their Influence On The Bible & Judaism- Reno Omokri / The Thread For Judaism In Nigeria. / Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef Calls Black People 'Monkeys' During His Weekly Sermon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2021
Very interesting debate. Jew for Judaism clearly obliterated Jew for Jesus. After watching this debate can you still trust the New Testament?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXxnp1iwyaQ

1 Like

Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:14am On Dec 10, 2021
Jehovah and Jesus don't even have anything to do with both of them again, their nation has been condemned in the first century. After the condemnation of the Jewish nation the Romans came and destroyed Jerusalem and it's temple leading the Jews to run towards different direction. That was not the first time such will happen to the nation but according to Jesus the destruction that took place in the first century will be the end of the Jewish nation. So anyone claiming Jews in Israel today are not the real Jews but descendants of settlers after the destruction of Jerusalem.
The real Jews has been scattered throughout the world! undecided
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Jehovah and Jesus don't even have anything to do with both of them again, their nation has been condemned in the first century. After the condemnation of the Jewish nation the Romans came and destroyed Jerusalem and it's temple leading the Jews to run towards different direction.

The Romans also crucified Jesus and He has not returned now for over 2000 years though in revelation Jesus said He was coming soon.
The nation of Isreal had been restored and the Jews have returned to Isreal did Jesus say the Jews will return to Isreal? But Jedaism told the Jews God will restore the nation of Isreal and this event has taken place.

1 Like

Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:20am On Dec 10, 2021
MindHacker9000:

The Romans also crucified Jesus and He has not returned now for over 2000 years though in revelation Jesus said He was coming soon.
The nation of Isreal had been restored and the Jews have returned to Isreal did Jesus say the Jews will return to Isreal? But Jedaism told the Jews God will restore the nation of Isreal and this event has taken place.

The highlighted is a big lie Sir! smiley

First of all you need to study what their God told them through the month of the first Israelite prophet (Moses) God gave this nation Laws about 600+ that will separate them from other nations, Moses has always been sceptical about what God commands him to tell the Israelites so in order for the people to BELIEVE (TRUST) in the Laws God wrote the first ten on stone tablets for the people to be sure that those laws weren't fabricated by Moses himself.
Now God told them that Moses is not their real deliverer because Moses only serve as the one to bring them out of Egypt but their real deliverer will save them from the hands of Satan the greatest enemy of faithful people. So through Moses God warned them that when their real deliverer comes whoever fail to listen to this prophet will be condemned for good:

I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name! Deuteronomy 18:18-19

The above is what God told that nation through the mouth of their first and foremost prophet as a nation so before the arrival of Jesus of Nazareth God kept sending prophets upon prophets to prepare their minds, prophets like David, Elijah, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Zephaniah, Zechariah, Malachi all spoke about this coming prophet that will serve as the Messiah/ Christ/ Saviour!

Shortly before his birth God fulfilled another prophecy that a prophet in form of a forerunner will come like Elijah to prepare their minds ahead of this greatest prophet of all times. Malachi 4:5

Then John the baptist came shouting in the wilderness to warn this stiff-necked people for the last time {Matthew 3:1} though the nation has been mistreating God's prophets for long. Their forefathers treated Moses badly despite the fact that Moses a former thug {Exodus 2:11-12} has been trained by their God to become the meekest of all men {Numbers 12:3} by time he served as a prophet and God in their midst! Exodus 7:1

So that was their last chance to continue being God's people or loose that privileged for good.
Their leaders compelled the nation to kick against the Christ and they accused, arrested, arraigned, charged, judged, convicted, sentenced and executed him all due to hatred for the message their God sent this man!

That's why Jesus before his arrest told them that God has condemned that nation for good:

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. And you say, ’If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started! "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation. "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. Look, your house is left to you desolate". Matthew 23:29-38

Jesus' faithful disciples were troubled at heart as they're seeing the way things turn out so they asked him "we have left everything to follow you, what will be our own gain (since you keep saying bad things will happen to our nation)" {Matthew 19:27} that's why Jesus promised them that the glory of being the capital city of God's Kingdom on planet earth has been taken away from Jerusalem so he is taking his co-rulers to another destination: HEAVEN! John 14:1-4

So my friend, Jesus Christ the messenger of the covenant has come to his own people (the Israelites) but the nation as a whole rejected God's Son therefore the right to be God's people has been taken away from the Jews and passed out to anyone who accepts Jesus' teachings through what his faithful disciples recorded in the Bible! John 1:11-12

As for that nation all their descendants have scattered throughout the world after Jerusalem destruction and Jesus has warned his own disciples never to return to Jerusalem again {Luke 21:20-23} however Jesus has already told his followers that God's people will no longer concentrate on any geographical location right from the time he begins his ministry, due to the attitude of the Jews practicers of pure worship will worship in spirit and in truth {John 4:20-24} therefore the people assembling in that place right now are doomed, if what Jesus said is anything to do by!

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted is a big lie Sir!

How is this a lie, has the nation of Israel not been restored?

Jeremiah 30:1-3
1 This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 2 “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you. 3 The days are coming,’ declares the Lord, ‘when I will bring my people Israel and Judah back from captivity and restore them to the land I gave their ancestors to possess,’ says the Lord.”
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2021
MindHacker9000:

How is this a lie, has the nation of Israel not been restored?
Jeremiah 30:1-3
1 This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 2 “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you. 3 The days are coming,’ declares the Lord, ‘when I will bring my people Israel and Judah back from captivity and restore them to the land I gave their ancestors to possess,’ says the Lord.”

You're quoting the prophecy that fulfilled before Jesus' time Sir. Jeremiah was talking about the two kingdom of Israel that was taken into exile by Babylonians during the 6th century before Jesus.
I'm talking about what God said after the nation rejected Jesus as the Messiah! undecided
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You're quoting the prophecy that fulfilled before Jesus' time Sir. Jeremiah was talking about the two kingdom of Israel that was taken into exile by Babylonians during the 6th century before Jesus.
I'm talking about what God said after the nation rejected Jesus as the Messiah! undecided

The prophecy was not fulfilled before the time of Jesus.
Just before Jesus was taken up into Heaven in Acts 1: 6-9, His Apostles still asked Jesus: Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?

Acts 1: 6-9
6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:12pm On Dec 10, 2021
MindHacker9000:

The prophecy was not fulfilled before the time of Jesus.
Just before Jesus was taken up into Heaven in Acts 1: 6-9, His Apostles still asked Jesus: Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?

Acts 1: 6-9
6 Then they gathered around him and asked him, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
9 After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

You're quoting something totally different from what we were talking about!

The Israelites were taken to exile for 70 years, they later returned because God's promise of a Messiah has not been fulfilled. It was after the life and ministry of Jesus Christ that Romans later came and destroyed Jerusalem the second time, ever since then they were scattered throughout the earth.
Today the twelve tribes of Israel has been scattered throughout the world unlike before when they were together as two nations:

During the time Jesus walked the earth there were 10 tribes in the north known as the "Samaritans" and 2 tribes in the south known as Jews, Jesus' disciples were thinking Jesus will begin ruling the earth immediately after his resurrection but he made them understand that they have to go and preach about God's Kingdom to all the nations of the earth as a warning before he begin his rule on earth. Matthew 24:14

So there's no way the scattered tribes can find themselves again after the CURSE they got by killing God's only begotten Son! smiley
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

It was after the life and ministry of Jesus Christ that Romans later came and destroyed Jerusalem the second time, ever since then they were scattered throughout the earth.

But Israel was under Roman occupation at this time. This was why His disciples asked Jesus Just before He was taken up into Heaven in Acts 1: 6-9: "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?"

If God was not going to restore the kingdom of Israel then Jesus who not have told them: He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2021
MindHacker9000:

But Israel was under Roman occupation at this time. This was why His disciples asked Jesus Just before He was taken up into Heaven in Acts 1: 6-9: "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?"

If God was not goin gto restore the kingdom of Israel then Jesus who not have told them: He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

The disciples were asking Jesus something but Jesus was answering from another perspective!
According to Jesus' followers, God is going to make Israelites rule the whole world under Jesus. Surely that was what God promised Abraham their forefather, but after so many chances God condemned that faithless nation and appointed another nation that will produce the fruitage God desires!
That's why John the baptist told them:

When he caught sight of many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to the baptism, he said to them: “You offspring of vipers, who has warned you to flee from the coming wrath? Therefore, produce fruit that befits repentance. Do not presume to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children for Abraham from these stones. The ax is already lying at the root of the trees. Every tree, then, that does not produce fine fruit is to be cut down and thrown into the fire. Matthew 3:7-10

The Israelites thought God can't forsake them and choose people from other nations so they kept rebelling against God, John is here telling them that God is capable of choosing people from other nations to rule with the Christ if those ones can produce the fruitage of faith {Matthew 8:11} Apostle Paul later revealed that God doesn't count on Israelites anymore as the children of Abraham, rather it's people who have the kind of faith like Abraham that will be counted as Abraham's children! Romans 2:25-29 compare to Matthew 22:1-14

So all these warnings made no positive results from the Israelites that's why Jesus promised his first disciples that they shouldn't worry because their names has been inscribed on the foundation of God's Kingdom {Revelations 21:14} so even though God will select co-rulers with Christ from different races {John 1:11-12} the twelve Apostles are going to be head over all of them! Matthew 19:28

Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The disciples were asking Jesus something but Jesus was answering from another perspective!

Jesus did give them an answer before being taken up into Heaven:
Acts 1: 6-7: "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?"
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2021
MindHacker9000:

Jesus did give them an answer before being taken up into Heaven:
Acts 1: 6-7: "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?"

The question they were asking is according to their fleshy desires for racism but Jesus is talking about what they must do before God's Kingdom comes. As for understanding Jesus told them it's until the Holy Spirit comes before they could fully understand what Jesus is saying! John 16:12-13 compare to Act 1:8
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The question they were asking is according to their fleshy desires for racism but Jesus is talking about what they must do before God's Kingdom comes. As for understanding Jesus told them it's until the Holy Spirit comes before they could fully understand what Jesus is saying! John 16:12-13 compare to Act 1:8

God did not promise the Jews in the Old Testament that HE will send them a Messiah to give them the Holy spirit and then wait for the Messiah to ascend into Heaven and not come back for over 2000 years. So the truth is that the disciples were asking the right question according to what GOD had promised them.
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:13am On Dec 11, 2021
MindHacker9000:

God did not promise the Jews in the Old Testament that HE will send them a Messiah to give them the Holy spirit and then wait for the Messiah to ascend into Heaven and not come back for over 2000 years. So the truth is that the disciples were asking the right question according to what GOD had promised them.

Well according to God's promise, the Jewish nation will rule the whole world with the Christ as their King {Daniel 2:44} he will conquer all their enemies for good {Daniel 12:1-3} and provide them everlasting peace! Isaiah 9:6-7

During his reign:
There will be abundance of food throughout the earth! Psalms 72:6
There will be no more sickness! Isaiah 33:24
The blind will regain their sight,the deaf will hear! Isaiah 35:5
All amputee will have their bodies restored, and the dumb will speak! Isaiah 35:6
All evildoers will be gone forever and the humble ones will have peace {Psalms 37:9-11} and they will have to live forever on this planet! Psalms 37:29
God will swallow up death forever {Isaiah 25:8} and there will be no more cry, pain or sorrow again because all evil things will pass away! Isaiah 65:19 compare to Revelations 21:3-5

These are the promises Jesus' disciples were talking about but Jesus is telling them that they have to first gather all obedient people throughout the earth and prepare them for these coming blessings through preaching and teaching globally! Act 1:8; Matthew 24:14; 28:19-20

The task Jesus gave his faithful disciples among the Jews was shortlived when all the Apostles were slaughtered by the Jews themselves. So Jerusalem has lost that privilege {Matthew 23:37} that's why Jesus told his future co-rulers that they will be taken to another destination {John 14:1-4} and that is where faithful Jews who accepted Jesus and their anointed brothers from other nations will stay with Jesus forever {1Thessalonians 4:16-18 compare to Revelations 20:4-6} that's is the New Jerusalem in HEAVEN {Hebrews 12:22} not this earthly Jerusalem where the blood of innocent faithful servants of God were spilled! Luke 11:51 compare to Matthew 23:37-38

Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Well according to God's promise, the Jewish nation will rule the whole world with the Christ as their King {Daniel 2:44} he will conquer all their enemies for good {Daniel 12:1-3} and provide them everlasting peace! Isaiah 9:6-7

And where is Christ mentioned in these verses you quoted? Did Christ not say in John 18:36: “My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.”

Daniel 2:44
44 “In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.
Isaiah 9:6-7
6 For to us a child is born,to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.7 Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throneand over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this.
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2021
MindHacker9000:

And where is Christ mentioned in these verses you quoted? Did Christ not say in John 18:36: “My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.”
44 “In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever.
6 For to us a child is born,to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.7 Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throneand over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this.

Now i know you don't know why Jesus is the Christ! smiley
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Now i know you don't know why Jesus is the Christ

Now I know you don't know Jesus Christ is not the one being referred to in these verses you have quoted:
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Steep: 4:15pm On Dec 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted is a big lie Sir! smiley

First of all you need to study what their God told them through the month of the first Israelite prophet (Moses) God gave this nation Laws about 600+ that will separate them from other nations, Moses has always been sceptical about what God commands him to tell the Israelites so in order for the people to BELIEVE (TRUST) in the Laws God wrote the first ten on stone tablets for the people to be sure that those laws weren't fabricated by Moses himself.
Now God told them that Moses is not their real deliverer because Moses only serve as the one to bring them out of Egypt but their real deliverer will save them from the hands of Satan the greatest enemy of faithful people. So through Moses God warned them that when their real deliverer comes whoever fail to listen to this prophet will be condemned for good:

I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name! Deuteronomy 18:18-19

The above is what God told that nation through the mouth of their first and foremost prophet as a nation so before the arrival of Jesus of Nazareth God kept sending prophets upon prophets to prepare their minds, prophets like David, Elijah, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Zephaniah, Zechariah, Malachi all spoke about this coming prophet that will serve as the Messiah/ Christ/ Saviour!

Shortly before his birth God fulfilled another prophecy that a prophet in form of a forerunner will come like Elijah to prepare their minds ahead of this greatest prophet of all times. Malachi 4:5

Then John the baptist came shouting in the wilderness to warn this stiff-necked people for the last time {Matthew 3:1} though the nation has been mistreating God's prophets for long. Their forefathers treated Moses badly despite the fact that Moses a former thug {Exodus 2:11-12} has been trained by their God to become the meekest of all men {Numbers 12:3} by time he served as a prophet and God in their midst! Exodus 7:1

So that was their last chance to continue being God's people or loose that privileged for good.
Their leaders compelled the nation to kick against the Christ and they accused, arrested, arraigned, charged, judged, convicted, sentenced and executed him all due to hatred for the message their God sent this man!

That's why Jesus before his arrest told them that God has condemned that nation for good:

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. And you say, ’If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started! "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation. "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. Look, your house is left to you desolate". Matthew 23:29-38

Jesus' faithful disciples were troubled at heart as they're seeing the way things turn out so they asked him "we have left everything to follow you, what will be our own gain (since you keep saying bad things will happen to our nation)" {Matthew 19:27} that's why Jesus promised them that the glory of being the capital city of God's Kingdom on planet earth has been taken away from Jerusalem so he is taking his co-rulers to another destination: HEAVEN! John 14:1-4

So my friend, Jesus Christ the messenger of the covenant has come to his own people (the Israelites) but the nation as a whole rejected God's Son therefore the right to be God's people has been taken away from the Jews and passed out to anyone who accepts Jesus' teachings through what his faithful disciples recorded in the Bible! John 1:11-12

As for that nation all their descendants have scattered throughout the world after Jerusalem destruction and Jesus has warned his own disciples never to return to Jerusalem again {Luke 21:20-23} however Jesus has already told his followers that God's people will no longer concentrate on any geographical location right from the time he begins his ministry, due to the attitude of the Jews practicers of pure worship will worship in spirit and in truth {John 4:20-24} therefore the people assembling in that place right now are doomed, if what Jesus said is anything to do by!

God would definitely restore Israel, God said he will not make a full end of Israel.

Jeremiah 30:11
For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2021
Steep:

God would definitely restore Israel, God said he will not make a full end of Israel.

Jeremiah 30:11
For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.

What God promised the Israelites there has been passed unto the "Israel of God" (faithful individuals who accepted Jesus as the Christ) {Galatians 6:16 compare to Romans 9:6} regarding the nation called "Israel" today God has forgotten them after the establishment of Christianity in the first Century because they proved to be faithless throughout their generations! Matthew 23:37-38

Most of you don't really know why the Jews in the first century keep persecuting Jesus' followers {Act 13:50; 14:2,19; 17:13} well it's because they knew that since God's promise through prophet Joel {Joel 2:28-30} only fulfilled in the midst of Jesus' disciples the rest of them are doomed {Act 2:16-19} that's why those that knew the consequences of what happened that day begged Peter:

Now when they heard this, they were stabbed to the heart, and they said to Peter and the rest of the apostles: “Men, brothers, what should we do?” Act 2:37

Peter responded:

Peter said to them: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the free gift of the holy spirit. For the promise is to you and your children, and to all those who are far away, to all those whom Jehovah our God may call to himself.” And with many other words he gave a thorough witness and kept exhorting them, saying: “Get saved from this crooked generation" Act 2:38-40

All those that accepted Jesus Christ were killed by the Jews, that's why their descendants till today don't believe in Jesus Christ.
So don't let anyone deceive you the nation of Israel has been abandoned and the true God has chosen another nation that's producing the fruitage of faith! Matthew 21:43

That's the nation all of you need to IDENTIFY today because whoever is not connected to them have no share in the Kingdom of Christ, they are SPIRITUAL Jews {Zechariah 8:23} Paul spoke about them @ Romans 2:25-29

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Steep: 5:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

What God promised the Israelites there has been passed unto the "Israel of God" (faithful individuals who accepted Jesus as the Christ) {Galatians 6:16 compare to Romans 9:6} regarding the nation called "Israel" today God has forgotten them after the establishment of Christianity in the first Century because they proved to be faithless throughout their generations! Matthew 23:37-38

Most of you don't really know why the Jews in the first century keep persecuting Jesus' followers {Act 13:50; 14:2,19; 17:13} well it's because they knew that since God's promise through prophet Joel {Joel 2:28-30} only fulfilled in the midst of Jesus' disciples the rest of them are doomed {Act 2:16-19} that's why those that knew the consequences of what happened that day begged Peter:

Now when they heard this, they were stabbed to the heart, and they said to Peter and the rest of the apostles: “Men, brothers, what should we do?” Act 2:37

Peter responded:

Peter said to them: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the free gift of the holy spirit. For the promise is to you and your children, and to all those who are far away, to all those whom Jehovah our God may call to himself.” And with many other words he gave a thorough witness and kept exhorting them, saying: “Get saved from this crooked generation" Act 2:38-40

All those that accepted Jesus Christ were killed by the Jews, that's why their descendants till today don't believe in Jesus Christ.
So don't let anyone deceive you the nation of Israel has been abandoned and the true God has chosen another nation that's producing the fruitage of faith! Matthew 21:43

That's the nation all of you need to IDENTIFY today because whoever is not connected to them have no share in the Kingdom of Christ, they are SPIRITUAL Jews {Zechariah 8:23} Paul spoke about them @ Romans 2:25-29

You are wrong to say that God had totally abandoned his people whom he first know.
In Jeremiah that I pointed out to you God said he would not make a total end of Israel meaning he will not abandon them totally.
God's would must be fulfilled.

God's calling and election are without repentance.
Paul reiterated that what happened to Israel was blindness and once the gentiles had come into faith then Israel too will be saved.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:47pm On Dec 12, 2021
Steep:

You are wrong to say that God had totally abandoned his people whom he first know.
In Jeremiah that I pointed out to you God said he would not make a total end of Israel meaning he will not abandon them totally.
God's would must be fulfilled.

God's calling and election are without repentance.
Paul reiterated that what happened to Israel was blindness and once the gentiles had come into faith then Israel too will be saved.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Well i'm a Christian that's why i'm quoting what Jesus said about the rebellious nation of Israel:

This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits. Matthew 21:43

God is not partial so as to continue putting up with those murderers {Matthew 23:34-38} definitely you're not saying the person quoting Jesus is wrong rather you're condemning Jesus who uttered that statement towards a faithless nation! Matthew 12:39

Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Steep: 6:16am On Dec 13, 2021
God took away the kingdom from them but however not forever, God's word will be fulfilled.

God is not partial it simply a matter of election.
MaxInDHouse:

Well i'm a Christian that's why i'm quoting what Jesus said about the rebellious nation of Israel:

This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits. Matthew 21:43

God is not partial so as to continue putting up with those murderers {Matthew 23:34-38} definitely you're not saying the person quoting Jesus is wrong rather you're condemning Jesus who uttered that statement towards a faithless nation! Matthew 12:39

Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:51am On Dec 13, 2021
Steep:

God took away the kingdom from them but however not forever, God's word will be fulfilled.

God is not partial it simply a matter of election.

Jesus knew when God promised Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that the Kingdom belongs to their offspring which is Christ not the Israelites

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. Galatians 3:16

So it's only those connected to the Christ by faith that will inherit the kingdom not faithless Israelites! John 1:11-12 smiley
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by sonmvayina(m): 7:28am On Dec 13, 2021
Christianity and their propaganda...

Jesus has got nothing to do with the God of the jews.

I really blame the romans for deceiving you guys by adding their bull shiiit at the end of the Jewish scriptures....

So sad.
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Steep: 8:37am On Dec 13, 2021
If they dont remain in unbelief God will reinstate them. Their unbelief in Christ is certainly not forever because God has promise to restore them. If you knew the scripture you will know that Israel is in a state of temporary blindness. They are the original people of the covenant, to them belong the patriarchs, prophets and above all the messiah.

MaxInDHouse:

Jesus knew when God promised Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that the Kingdom belongs to their offspring which is Christ not the Israelites

Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. Galatians 3:16

So it's only those connected to the Christ by faith that will inherit the kingdom not faithless Israelites! John 1:11-12 smiley
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 13, 2021
sonmvayina:
Christianity and their propaganda...

Jesus has got nothing to do with the God of the jews.

I really blame the romans for deceiving you guys by adding their bull shiiit at the end of the Jewish scriptures....

So sad.

But how did the romans get away so easily with creating the new Testament Jesus who is clearly not the Messiah God has promised in the Old Testament and billions of people today are still waiting for His second coming after more than 2000 years?

1 Like

Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:14am On Dec 13, 2021
Steep:
If they dont remain in unbelief God will reinstate them. Their unbelief in Christ is certainly not forever because God has promise to restore them. If you knew the scripture you will know that Israel is in a state of temporary blindness. They are the original people of the covenant, to them belong the patriarchs, prophets and above all the messiah.

It's the Messiah himself that says Israel as a nation has been condemned:

“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent to her—how often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings! But you did not want it. Look! Your house is abandoned to you" Matthew 23:37-38

Perhaps you're among those people traveling to Israel (Jerusalem) so that you'll be called "JP" well you've wasted your money, time and energy, because Jesus (Christ) says "Jerusalem and Israel has been condemned due to their faithlessness"

That's why Jesus used an illustration to foretell what will happen to the nation of Israel! Matthew 22:1-14

Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by Steep: 11:52am On Dec 13, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

It's the Messiah himself that says Israel as a nation has been condemned:

“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the killer of the prophets and stoner of those sent to her—how often I wanted to gather your children together the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings! But you did not want it. Look! Your house is abandoned to you" Matthew 23:37-38

Perhaps you're among those people traveling to Israel (Jerusalem) so that you'll be called "JP" well you've wasted your money, time and energy, because Jesus (Christ) says "Jerusalem and Israel has been condemned due to their faithlessness"

That's why Jesus used an illustration to foretell what will happen to the nation of Israel! Matthew 22:1-14

@ bold how does this relate to what is being said
Jesus condemned Israel for their unbelief and indeed the kingdom was taken away from them and given to the Gentiles but prophesies by the prophets said that God will remember Israel.

Romans 11:1, 5 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

God has not cast off the Israelites christ rebuke and condemnation is only temporal, once they go back to God he will restore them.
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:23pm On Dec 13, 2021
Steep:

@ bold how does this relate to what is being said
Jesus condemned Israel for their unbelief and indeed the kingdom was taken away from them and given to the Gentiles but prophesies by the prophets said that God will remember Israel.

Romans 11:1, 5 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

God has not cast off the Israelites christ rebuke and condemnation is only temporal, once they go back to God he will restore them.

Perhaps you don't know the significance of this statement:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me" Matthew 28:18

This same man having the authority to pass JUDGMENT on both the living and the dead {2Timothy 4:4} openly declared that the unfaithful nation of Israel has been condemned, and you're here arguing blindly even when you can read it with your own eyes from the Bible!
Well the same God you're expecting to restore that faithless nation told the people with whom He entered into a covenant:

I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites, and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him. I myself will call to account anyone who does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name. Deuteronomy 18:18-19

And when that promised prophet came this faithless nation killed him mercilessly and said:

Let his blood come upon us and upon our children" Matthew 27:25

That's why Apostle John wrote:

He came to his own home, but his own people did not accept him. However, to all who did receive him, he gave authority to become God’s children, because they were exercising faith in his name!

So if you're still expecting that same God who warned their ancestors to come back and restore a faithful nation among whom 78% of them still don't accept the messenger of the covenant. Then you're trying to make God a joker! cheesy
Re: Jew For Judaism Vs Jew For Jesus – Rabbi Skobac vs Daniel Ventresca by sonmvayina(m): 6:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
MindHacker9000:

But how did the romans get away so easily with creating the new Testament Jesus who is clearly not the Messiah God has promised in the Old Testament and billions of people today are still waiting for His second coming after more than 2000 years?

If you knew how many people died just so this lie could be propagated..you will be amazed.

The Messiah God promised is coming just once, there was never a second coming arrangement...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Live Well / Pastor Ranti Of Funke Adejumo's Church Collected My N14m. EFCC Saves The Day! / Stewardship; What Does It Entail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.