Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,317 members, 7,867,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 05:20 AM

Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) (978 Views)

Thugs With Knives & Sticks Attack #EndSARS Protesters In Kubwa, Abuja (Video) / SARS Chases Ambrose Alli University Student, He Falls Inside Well, Dies / The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) by TMKsouth: 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
Our guy couldn’t stop this robbery happening to him and his wife in Durban, South Africa – but he did get to have the last say, at least.

Although this robbery could have ended much worse than it did, there’s something so very admirable about seeing a topless elderly gentleman chase away armed thieves by using a massive brick from his garage. The incident, which has been shared online, took place in the Malvern region of Durban.

Sadly, this wasn’t a total victory for the victims. The robbers managed to get away with stolen goods from inside their vehicle. But, with no casualties or fatalities to report, the targeted couple perhaps got off lightly here.

The pair pulled into their own gated driveway, returning home just after 13:30 on Thursday 9 December. Seemingly safe as the shutters draw across, the robbers sprang out of nowhere, and one managed to prevent the gate from closing.

See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yIKgzGYctc

Both then made their way onto the property, threatening the elderly gentleman and his wife. After a minute-long confrontation, the suspects managed to make-off with some material goods.

However, the old fella didn’t let them go quietly. As the crooks headed back to their getaway vehicle, the male victim – whose attire includes nothing more than a pair of shorts and flip-flops – saw them off, by hurling a large piece of debris towards the car as it speeds away. Top marks for effort here, mate!

This whole scene perhaps didn’t play out how many would expect it to. The level of violence is at a minimum, all sides seem to be cooperating with each other… and the brick-throwing was an act of sheer frustration.

However, without the situation truly boiling over at any point, these two vulnerable citizens avoided a much more serious outcome. Perhaps they should consider changing their gate supplier, though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) by Disclaimer12: 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2021
That was very dangerous of him, he's lucky those thugs didn't want to pull the trigger! Getting guns and bullet in SA is even easier than buying a bread! I don't wanna know if the guns are fake or not, I simply comply and live to fight another day! I was robbed at gunpoint in 2014 at Bedford view, east of Jo'burg, the idiot took my then iPhone 4, it hurt, but today there's already iPhone 13! Some risks are not worth it

7 Likes

Re: Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) by TMKsouth: 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2021
Disclaimer12:
That was very dangerous of him, he's lucky those thugs didn't want to pull the trigger! Getting guns and bullet in SA is even easier than buying a bread! I don't wanna know if the guns are fake or not, I simply comply and live to fight another day! I was robbed at gunpoint in 2014 at Bedford view, east of Jo'burg, the idiot took my then iPhone 4, it hurt, but today there's already iPhone 13! Some risks are not worth it

You're absolutely right, crime in SA is very violent - that's why bystanders don't even intervene anymore. I must admit though that I found the ending a bit comical cheesy

Count yourself lucky you've only been robbed once - I've been a victim more times than I care to remember. But it's also about location - your side in Erkurhuleni is not as bad as Joburg.
Re: Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) by Disclaimer12: 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
During my time in SA, Joburg CBD is a no go area for me, but I do have friends who will tell u that the CBD is safer! Claim street is a death zone, those Zim guys holding people's neck grin
TMKsouth:

You're absolutely right, crime in SA is very violent - that's why bystanders don't even intervene anymore. I must admit though that I found the ending a bit comical cheesy

Count yourself lucky you've only been robbed once - I've been a victim more times than I care to remember. But it's also about location - your side in Erkurhuleni is not as bad as Joburg.

1 Like

Re: Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) by Baawaa(m): 6:47pm On Dec 09, 2021
You can't beat a thief in SA,that is why they robs foreigners only daily basis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) by TMKsouth: 6:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
Disclaimer12:
During my time in SA, Joburg CBD is a no go area for me, but I do have friends who will tell u that the CBD is safer! Claim street is a death zone, those Zim guys holding people's neck grin

If you've lived in the CBD long enough it's actually fun and u develop the street smarts hence it feels safer, but it's definitely no place to raise a family. There was actually a time data supported that Jhb was getting safer, but the ANC dropped the ball in the past few years - that's why the DA won it back last month.

Dude, I won't comment on nationalities coz u know what I'll be accussed of lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed and covering up crimes by South Africans.

You're in New Zealand now, right?

1 Like

Re: Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) by TMKsouth: 7:04pm On Dec 09, 2021

Re: Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) by Disclaimer12: 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
Nope Australia! I understand you and I'm actually very diplomatic when it comes to commenting about tribe and nationalities
TMKsouth:

If you've lived in the CBD long enough it's actually fun and u develop the street smarts hence it feels safer, but it's definitely no place to raise a family. There was actually a time data supported that Jhb was getting safer, but the ANC dropped the ball in the past few years - that's why the DA won it back last month.

Dude, I won't comment on nationalities coz u know what I'll be accussed of lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed and covering up crimes by South Africans.

You're in New Zealand now, right?
Re: Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) by TMKsouth: 8:26pm On Dec 09, 2021
Disclaimer12:
Nope Australia! I understand you and I'm actually very diplomatic when it comes to commenting about tribe and nationalities

Oh yeah, Australia! I don't see myself ever going there though - how's the racism? Maybe NZ.

Lol, I always try to be diplomatic but Nigerian trolls bring out the worst in me cheesy ; just not in the mood for a fight today about xenophobia and it's causes.

1 Like

Re: Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) by mediainc: 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
Baawaa:
You can't beat a thief in SA,that why they robs foreigners only daily basis
Wierd law
Re: Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) by Bantu10: 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2021
Two xenophobic agents fooling around.

1 Like

Re: Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) by Gnosis777: 12:54am On Dec 10, 2021
I didn't know S. Africa was dangerous like this. I wanted to visit so bad, but have since changed my mind. But, back to the topic, that old white dude was stupid for trying to boot up to dudes with guns. Lucky they didn't have an itchy trigger finger.
Re: Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) by BlackfireX: 7:01am On Dec 10, 2021
SA blacks are nothing but a shame to the white SA

A storm is coming
Re: Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) by TMKsouth: 7:13am On Dec 10, 2021
BlackfireX:
SA blacks are nothing but a shame to the white SA

A storm is coming

And white South Africans have never done evils to black South Africans right undecided

2 Likes

Re: Elderly Man Chases Thugs With Huge Brick Following Robbery In SA (PIX/VID) by Disclaimer12: 7:57am On Dec 10, 2021
Lol! I get u! Aussie racism is not that bad, haven't experienced anything alarming personally! But then racism J's human nature , we just have to live with it! Personally I don't even lay attention to that aspect of life! My aim is just to make money and have a better life my country can't offer me
TMKsouth:

Oh yeah, Australia! I don't see myself ever going there though - how's the racism? Maybe NZ.

Lol, I always try to be diplomatic but Nigerian trolls bring out the worst in me cheesy ; just not in the mood for a fight today about xenophobia and it's causes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mob Burns Two Persons For Stealing Handbag In Anambra / BREAKING News, Abuja- Kaduna Railway Train Attack Going On Right Now. / Osinachi Will Be In Pains Seeing Her Twin Sister Beg For Assistance & Prophetess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.