Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Three Ways To Self Improvement! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Three Ways To Self Improvement! (284 Views)

A Question For Perfectionists - Does Perfection Impede Improvement? / Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” / How To Self-improve As An Individual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Three Ways To Self Improvement! by Hightser: 8:18pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hello guys!

It is no longer news, more like a reality the harsh economic situation Nigeria, Africa and the world at large is witnessing as a result of the pandemic.

This economic difficulties appear solely in the form of inflation, Nigeria for instance, according to Nairametrics, an online website, Nigeria inflation is currently at 15.99 percent, an average of 2.4 percent increase from 2020 to 2021.

These details reveal how much difficulty the world is facing especially developing countries like Nigeria, on this premise, I beg to suggest to you ways to improve yourself in these trying times.

Follow projection: There is a lot of negative projection against 2022,

it seems the pandemic is far from over from the discovery of the new corona variant, ‘Omicron’.

This means there is probably going to be lockdown, international flight bans, limitations to importations and all.

All of which is going to show negatively in the economy and affect the average man in the streets negatively.

Working with projection helps you prepare for the worst, if it happens, you would have prepared for it, if it doesn’t, you have nothing to lose.

I saw a thread on this forum where someone asked how people are preparing for the removal of subsidy and many were of the opinion that the government cannot remove subsidy a year to election, he even used the word and I quote, “ No sane government will remove subsidy a year to election “

Well, it’s pathetic he still thinks this government is sane, there might not be removal of subsidy, but there will be a pms increase and if you work with projection, you won’t have to wail when it happens.

Increase your sources of income:

This is the best way to ensure you are not very much affected by the negative and harsh economic situations come next year, there are businesses which are greatly affected by the pandemic and those include almost all physical businesses.

I bet you that Seun, the owner of this great forum didn’t suffer the pandemic that much.

What this means is that most businesses built online were not affected and that should be where every positive minded person should concentrate on.

I have a japa plan but with the way the pandemic is positioning , I have decided to add content creation (youtube) to my hustle.

well, I’m a product designer and a self thought flutter developer. With this I’m looking out for myself against 2022.

Purge yourself of expensive lifestyle:

This is the part where you try to examine your expenditures, what are the things you spend money on that need urgent attention? Drinking, clubbing, smoking and mobile data, etc.

In my own case, I spend 4K naira to buy fuel for my generator twice a week which is a total of 16k a month, I spend 20k on Data every month and about 30k on feeding, 30k goes home for family support, no transportation and I work from home.

Well, I have decided to get the MTN yellow box, that way I have something to charge my phone and laptop, that way, I just subscribe it 7k every month, as for data, I have uninstalled Tiktok, was never on Facebook, uninstalled my Snapchat, unfollowed most people on IG, that way it will reduce the number of contents I view.

This is a fight against economic hardship, dynamism is part of life, don’t allow yourself to be caught in the wild fire.

Do you know that if you work and earn 200k in the current Nigeria, it will take you 5 years to gather 12 million naira, assuming you don’t buy anything at all which is very impossible and with inflation rising every minute, it will take you more years.

So if you are a young man hustling to buy a car, equip your apartments and get married, you should be planning against 6 to 8 to 10 years or never if you are not dynamic.

How have you been coping with the economic hardship guys?

Please suggest ways to self improvement you know or have adopted against this trying time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Ways To Self Improvement! by Hightser: 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lalasticlala, Mynd44
please move this piece to front page wink
Re: Three Ways To Self Improvement! by anthonyuncle(m): 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
Slawormiir

Righteousness2

over to you guys

(1) (Reply)

Earn Data And Airtime Free / Thread closed / I Need A Laptop For My Final Year Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.