Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) (2136 Views)

2 Keke Thieves Set Ablaze By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) / Man Beheads His Uncle In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photo) / Police Kill Iso Akpafid Kidnapper & Cultist In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by Aonkuuse(m): 7:28am On Dec 10, 2021
Two Young men between the ages of eighteen and twenty-eight have been hacked and roasted to death by an angry mob at Ikot Oku Ikono Junction early today for allegedly snatching N300,000 from a point-of-sale (POS) operator at gunpoint.

The incident happened about 9:00am at Ikot Ikono Junction after the flyover en-route Abak where two young men came on a motorcycle, pointed guns at the POS operator (name withheld by us), carted away the money.

The drama began when the POS operator raised an alarm and shouted for help.

It was gathered that luck ran out of the criminals as they ran attempted to kick start the brand new motorbike they used, the bike refused to start, there the angry mob ran after the criminals, overpowered them, retrieved the stolen money and handed the money over to the girl, beat up the two men to stupor, tied them on their motorcycle and burnt them to ashes.

The incident attracted a large crowd of sympathizers thereby causing traffic jams within the area.

All effort to speak with the POS operator proved abortive, as her phone was permanently switched off at press time.

But Nyenime Effiong, a tricycle operator, who witnessed the incident, told newsmen that the suspects ran out of luck when the alarm raised by the PoS attendant attracted angry youths, who seized them and immediately set them alight before the arrival of Police operatives.

He said:

“They thought their operation would be swift, but it turned to be end-of-the-road for them. They arrived on a motorcycle and the one on the passenger seat alighted and suddenly accosted the PoS operator with a gun and demanded cash.

“She immediately screamed at the sight of the gun, but in a swift reaction, some commercial minibus and tricycle drivers with other angry youths trooped to the scene, chased the thieves to where they were overpowered.

“Before the motorcycle rider, who was still steaming the bike while waiting for his fellow accomplice to get the cash from the attendant could escape, he was apprehended before he could speed away”.

Source: https://salemreporters.com/thieves-hacked-burnt-to-death-by-angry-mob-in-akwa-ibom-graphic-photos/

Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by Baawaa(m): 7:29am On Dec 10, 2021
This is old news
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by dollynnn(f): 7:30am On Dec 10, 2021
See the looks on their faces, particularly the one with the stick .No more regards for human lives.
NO to Jungle Justice!
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by devilmaycry: 7:31am On Dec 10, 2021
Its a pity ...
The urge to make fast money ...when u can hustle and be patient for ur time , u say NO...now look at d result, early grave!!..

I have no RIP to give lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by EricSmallz(m): 7:31am On Dec 10, 2021
Nigerians and Jungle Justice.
The Justice system is so slow that you can't even blame these people sometimes.
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by benuejosh: 7:35am On Dec 10, 2021
This is so bad. I condemn every form of jungle justice and i am never in support of it. Every criminal should be made to face the laws legally. How many PDP or APGA politicians who have stolen dry the resources of this great nation have be burnt like that. Had the criminals to the law enforcement agencies or court of competent jurisdiction.
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by uvie66: 7:56am On Dec 10, 2021
dollynnn:
See the looks on their faces, particularly the one with the stick .No more regards for human lives.
NO to Jungle Justice!
All because of 300k at 150k each they met their waterloo.

1 Like

Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by Ahmed0336(m): 7:56am On Dec 10, 2021
Chai!!!! This is not right.
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by Peace081: 7:57am On Dec 10, 2021
Na wa oo
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by michlins(m): 8:13am On Dec 10, 2021
Usually jungle justice isn't good but these thieves deserve no mercy. Until they rob you of your life and belongings, you will be shouting no jungle justice

1 Like

Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by sukar886: 8:40am On Dec 10, 2021
On Thursday, I went to buy water , on entrying my shop I met one criminal stealing my goods inside my shop , I called my neighbour , we just slap him n pushed him out, I don't want his blood on my hands.. in akwa ibom too
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by SALIMAN(m): 8:43am On Dec 10, 2021
It's now certain that they don't like each other in those states , but come in other states like lag abj well behaved.
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by KingMack(m): 11:39am On Dec 10, 2021
Assorted Barbecue Ready!!! Lala do you care for the tongue or ear grin

2 Likes

Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by Danjikanbauchi: 11:46am On Dec 10, 2021
benuejosh:
This is so bad. I condemn every form of jungle justice and i am never in support of it. Every criminal should be made to face the laws legally. How many PDP or APGA politicians who have stolen dry the resources of this great nation have be burnt like that. Had the criminals to the law enforcement agencies or court of competent jurisdiction.
Afonja Muslim, that is how we will burn Tinubu and Buhari very soon.
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by DSC7: 11:47am On Dec 10, 2021
Make dem go rest Abegggggg.....

SayNoToCrime....
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by cybriz82(m): 11:53am On Dec 10, 2021
No wahala they shud continue..One day they will realize they just burn their own brother or distance cousins...
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by offset67(m): 1:34pm On Dec 10, 2021
dollynnn:
NO to Jungle Justice!
have you been robbed at gunpoint before?
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by Piptocoin: 1:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
imagine being kilked by burning only to end up in eternal burning in hell. it is better to be burnt to death and make heaven than being burnt alive to end up in hell. your most prized and precious possession is not money, girl or boyfriend, achievements, fame, beauty, intelligence, or position in life...it is your soul. all other things of life I have just mentioned or did not mention can never amount to one-tenth of the value of your soul.

a single soul is of much greater value than the entire multiverse. imagine losing it cheaply and eternally over any of the above things of life...
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by Nicepoker(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
Illaumoh,nkanakpanika and hunchogee will never see this. Abi hyping allowance no cover this one?
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by tempest01(m): 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2021
Baawaa:
This is old news

Not old. Someone told me about it yesterday
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by TheWolfen(m): 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
Backward people.
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by BigYash: 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2021
Inhaling the smoke of a burning human. Hmmm. That lady is even smiling.. The one with stick fit be thief too o,but look what he is doing to fellow human.. Meanwhile he go dey praise the big thieves ,they call leaders..
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by emetisuccess(m): 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
They offered them as a burnt offering. Not Abel's own oooo but Cane.
Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by walteriyke: 7:40am On Dec 11, 2021
dollynnn:
NO to Jungle Justice!
lol

1 Like

Re: Thieves Hacked, Burnt To Death By Angry Mob In Akwa Ibom (graphic Photos) by Hassentio: 7:47am On Dec 11, 2021
Re

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Nigerian Police Where Seeing Harassing Singer Buju (BNXN) / Lagos Lottery Company Dragged To Court For Refusing To Pay Man After He Won N72m / SHOCKING!!! Nigerian Pastor Arrested With Human Skull (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.