Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Give Your Money To Your Husband Before You Spend A Dime Out Of It -female Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your Money To Your Husband Before You Spend A Dime Out Of It -female Pastor (720 Views)

"I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / You Are Inside A Woman's Private Part - Female Pastor Tells Man (2) (3) (4)

Give Your Money To Your Husband Before You Spend A Dime Out Of It -female Pastor by philme87: 9:21am On Dec 10, 2021
A Nigerian clergywoman, Prophetess Patience Obi, has asked women to endeavor they submit whatever money they make to their husbands before spending out of it.

According to her, the husband is the head of the home and should be the one to give direction on how the wife's money should be spent.

In her words;

''Your money should be submitted to your husband before you spend a dime out of it. Yes you heard me right. Your money belongs to both of you and he has the authority, full authority, over the money, over your resources, to tell you how to spend it and what to do with it. Remember he is the head of the home. You are to submit to him in everything including ''My money''. The way we call it.

It is ''our money'' and he has the control over the money. ''

She averred that not submitting to the husband can hinder a woman's prayers.

Watch her speak below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skuvyTQJjcI

Re: Give Your Money To Your Husband Before You Spend A Dime Out Of It -female Pastor by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:44am On Dec 10, 2021
Is she practicing what she's preaching? grin
Re: Give Your Money To Your Husband Before You Spend A Dime Out Of It -female Pastor by AntiChristian: 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2021
It's like she's right!

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church,
Ephesians 5:22-23

If the wife submits to the husband as she submits to the Lord then she will give him everything to control even her life!

Modified.

To the woman He (GOD) said, “I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.” Gen 3:16

So the will will submit to the husband who would also rule over her!

Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. Cor 13:34

But must be in submission as the law says! Which law? Maybe the Genesis verse above! or that below!

21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. 22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Ephesians 5:21-25

So wives should submit to their husband in everything. How do you define "everything" sir?
Re: Give Your Money To Your Husband Before You Spend A Dime Out Of It -female Pastor by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:20pm On Dec 10, 2021
AntiChristian:

It's like she's right!

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church,
Ephesians 5:22-23

[b]If the wife submits to the husband as she submits to the Lord then she will give him everything to control even her life!

She's wrong pátápátá!

None of Jesus' disciples surrendered their earnings to Jesus, what they gave Jesus is the control over their life not their income.
Each person manages their income without bringing their money to Jesus. That's why Jesus told them that their will always be poor ones among them, so out of what each of them have they can decide what to do for the poor ones in their midst! Mark 14:7
Had it been Jesus is in charge of their earnings that will not be the case! smiley
Re: Give Your Money To Your Husband Before You Spend A Dime Out Of It -female Pastor by AntiChristian: 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

She's wrong pátápátá!

None of Jesus' disciples surrendered their earnings to Jesus, what they gave Jesus is the control over their life not their income.
Each person manages their income without bringing their money to Jesus. That's why Jesus told them that their will always be poor ones among them, so out of what each of them have they can decide what to do for the poor ones in their midst! Mark 14:7
Had it been Jesus is in charge of their earnings that will not be the case! smiley

We are not comparing Jesus and his disciples here. The comparison exist between two group of entities viz:

1. Husband and wife
2. Wife and the Lord

Now read again sir to get the gist!
Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, Ephesians 5:22-23

As a wife submits to the Lord so also she should submit to her husband!
Re: Give Your Money To Your Husband Before You Spend A Dime Out Of It -female Pastor by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
AntiChristian:

We are not comparing Jesus and his disciples here. The comparison exist between two group of entities viz:

1. Husband and wife
2. Wife and the Lord

Now read again sir to get the gist!
Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, Ephesians 5:22-23

As a wife submits to the Lord so also she should submit to her husband!

You and i are saying the same thing here!

The man or woman is not required to submit his/her income to Jesus so his/her submission is only for control not his/her income. undecided
Re: Give Your Money To Your Husband Before You Spend A Dime Out Of It -female Pastor by AntiChristian: 6:20am On Dec 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You and i are saying the same thing here!

The man or woman is not required to submit his/her income to Jesus so his/her submission is only for control not his/her income. undecided

How does a woman submit herself to her husband as she does to the Lord?

This is a total submission!

I think you should understand this simple statement.
Re: Give Your Money To Your Husband Before You Spend A Dime Out Of It -female Pastor by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:36am On Dec 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

How does a woman submit herself to her husband as she does to the Lord?
This is a total submission!
I think you should understand this simple statement.

Jesus is our Master, Lord and King.

So for a woman submit herself to Jesus simply means seeing Jesus as her superior, that's how every woman should treat her husband!
Re: Give Your Money To Your Husband Before You Spend A Dime Out Of It -female Pastor by Kobojunkie: 6:36am On Dec 11, 2021
philme87:
According to her, the husband is the head of the home and should be the one to give direction on how the wife's money should be spent.

In her words;

''Your money should be submitted to your husband before you spend a dime out of it. Yes you heard me right. Your money belongs to both of you and he has the authority, full authority, over the money, over your resources, to tell you how to spend it and what to do with it. Remember he is the head of the home. You are to submit to him in everything including ''My money''. The way we call it.

It is ''our money'' and he has the control over the money. ''
Jesus Christ, wey talk say He alone Master/Head alone over all those who belong to Him, no send anyone else go dey submit to any other as head/master lipsrsealed

Like Jesus Christ said, those who follow these false preachers and prophets, blind teachers, will fall into the same ditch their masters end up in. God talk am say anyone who submits himself to another man is cursed - Jeremiah 17 vs 5. So be sure you damn your own selves by submitting to the doctrines and traditions of men which He warned are nothing but lies told to decieve and delude. undecided
Re: Give Your Money To Your Husband Before You Spend A Dime Out Of It -female Pastor by AntiChristian: 6:47am On Dec 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus is our Master, Lord and King.

So for a woman submit herself to Jesus simply means seeing Jesus as her superior, that's how every woman should treat her husband!

You just keep diverting. Jesus is the controller of the church! So the husband is the controller of the wife according to that same verse!

The comparison is clear!
Re: Give Your Money To Your Husband Before You Spend A Dime Out Of It -female Pastor by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:25am On Dec 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

You just keep diverting. Jesus is the controller of the church! So the husband is the controller of the wife according to that same verse!

The comparison is clear!

We are saying the same thing.
But since Jesus is not asking me to present my earnings why should i expect my wife to present all her earnings?
If she choose to do say fine but it's not mandatory, that's what i'm saying! smiley
Re: Give Your Money To Your Husband Before You Spend A Dime Out Of It -female Pastor by AntiChristian: 8:38am On Dec 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

We are saying the same thing.
But since Jesus is not asking me to present my earnings why should i expect my wife to present all her earnings?
If she choose to do say fine but it's not mandatory, that's what i'm saying! smiley

The verse was about the Lord not necessarily Jesus.

To the woman He (GOD) said, “I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.” Gen 3:16

Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. Cor 13:34

But must be in submission as the law says! Which law? Maybe the Genesis verse above! or that below!

21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. 22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

So wives should submit to their husband in everything. How do you define "everything" sir?
Re: Give Your Money To Your Husband Before You Spend A Dime Out Of It -female Pastor by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:56am On Dec 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

The verse was about the Lord not necessarily Jesus.

First of all the submission is about JESUS!

In everything means her choice of food, dressing, hobby, colour, hairstyle, makeup, friends she mingle with, drink, game and so on.
But when it comes to her income there is a clause, Jesus commanded each Christian to do what we can assist the less privilege in our midst but we shouldn't let our left hand know what the right does:

But you, when making gifts of mercy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing! Matthew 6:3

In this idiomatic expression we learned that Jesus is talking about one body having two hands, of course your literal left hand can't hide anything from your right hand. So what does Jesus' statement here means?

This takes us back to the beginning when God joined Adam and Eve in marriage and said:

Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh. Genesis 2:24

There is no other partnership of two like this to be compared with left and right hands. So if the husband or wife wants to help someone in need and his/her left hand mustn't know, how possible is that if all her income is open to her husband? undecided

That's why it's not mandatory for the woman to reveal all her income to the man vise versa! smiley

Why Are We Turning Christianity To Bet9ja / Q&A: Should Christians Drink Alcohol? / Pastor Caught With Miracle Gadget Used For Anointing Shock