Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:02 AM

Are Every Sin Equal.?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Every Sin Equal.?? (533 Views)

Are All Sins Equal? / Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Every Sin Equal.?? by Starcrest1: 10:13am On Dec 10, 2021
This is in response to the previous thread where the Pope stated that Sexual sin is not the most serious sin. https://www.nairaland.com/6887856/pope-francis-sexual-sins-not#108347050

I saw different arguments there but I was even baffled that some were insulting the Pope to the extent of calling him the anti-Christ.
First of all the Pope is the custodian of the Christian faith and wouldn't just come out and make unguarded statements he's not sure about. The literature in the Vatican archives is enough to give him enough knowledge.

That said; to cure the ignorance of some people, 1 John 5:16 makes this clear:
16 If you see a believer commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray to God, who will give that person life. This applies to those whose sins do not lead to death. But there is sin which leads to death, and I do not say that you should pray to God about that.

17 All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin which does not lead to death.(Good news).

For those insulting the Pope, that could be one of the sins that leads to death, who knows??

CIAO!
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by AntiChristian: 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
Person wey kill and person wey steal no be equal sin o!

In Christianity, Sin against Jesus can be forgiven but blasphemy against the Spirit is unforgivable, so sin no equal!

Na lie say all sins are equal!

Jesus said, “I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come” (Mt. 12:31-32).

1 Like

Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2021
Starcrest1:

First of all the Pope is the custodian of the Christian faith and wouldn't just come out and make unguarded statements he's not sure about. The literature in the Vatican archives is enough to give him enough knowledge.
Your custodian whom you have relegated your soul and fate to lied to you. undecided
He said: “Sins of the flesh are not the most serious.”
Pope Francis stated this in regards to a question about the Archbishop of Paris Michel Aupetit who resigned this month after a report by a French magazine that claimed he had engaged in an intimate relationship with a woman.
The Pope further revealed that the Archbishop as been removed due to gossip.
He said, “We’re all sinners. When the gossip grows and grows and removes someone’s good name, he cannot govern.

“This is an injustice. That’s why I accepted the resignation of Aupetit: not on the altar of truth but on the altar of hypocrisy.”
In response, the Pope said, "It was a failing on his part, a failing against the sixth commandment, but not a total one. There is sin there but not the worst kind .Sins of the flesh are not the most serious."

Rather, he said that pride and hatred were "the most serious" of sins.
These lies are against God and Jesus Christ, the one who is saviour to those who belong to Him. undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by DZTech: 6:21pm On Dec 10, 2021
Kindly respond to antichristian's post.
I'm eagerly waiting.
God bless.
Kobojunkie:
Your custodian whom you have relegated your soul and fate to lied to you. undecided
These lies are against God and Jesus Christ, the one who is saviour to those who belong to Him. undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by Kobojunkie: 6:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
DZTech:
Kindly respond to antichristian.
I'm eagerly waiting.
God bless.
Why? undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by DZTech: 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2021
Man don quote passage.
Shey you said the Pope lied.
Reply am.
Kobojunkie:
Why? undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
DZTech:
Man don quote passage.
Shey you said the Pope lied.
Reply am.
i pointed out the lies told by your pope in my own response to the OP. If you have issues with any of the info I indicated as lies, feel free to directly attend to them. undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by Starcrest1: 6:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
My soul belongs to God, my fate is in my hands, you know nothing.

I'm not here to argue on the list of sins which are grevious or not, what I'm saying is that all sins are not the same just as the Pope rightly said. Only God knows the sins which are serious to Him and Jesus gave a hint on it. You just want to argue unnecessarily if you don't want to see where the Pope is coming from.
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
Starcrest1:
1. My soul belongs to God, my fate is in my hands, you know nothing.
2. I'm not here to argue on the list of sins which are grevious or not, what I'm saying is that all sins are not the same just as the Pope rightly said.

3. Only God knows the sins which are serious to Him and Jesus gave a hint on it. You just want to argue unnecessarily if you don't want to see where the Pope is coming from.
1. How can your soul belong to God when you clearly indicated that your pope is instead the custodian of the agreement which you are supposedly in with God? Did you not know that no one who belongs to God can serve two masters? undecided

2. But even what you said is not what the pope is recorded to have said in any way or form. According to the Pope's argument, pride and hatred are more serious sins, a claim that is not of God or Jesus Christ, His Law. undecided

3. As for your claim that only God knows the sins which are serious, that too is against God as it suggests God's Law is meaningless in providing us details of sin and God's Truth. undecided

Sin, for those of us who are of the New Covenant, is as clearly defined in the almost 100 laws given to us by Jesus Christ, God's Law and agreement between God and individuals in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Sin refers to direct disobedience of any of the almost 100 commandments of God's Law to us, and the judgment at the end of all sins, regardless of how you personally chose to rank it in your mind is the same - eternal damnation. Whether a one is guilty of adultery or mass murder, the end is the same - eternal damnation. undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by Starcrest1: 7:03pm On Dec 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. How can your soul belong to God when you clearly indicated that your pope is instead the custodian of the agreement which you are supposedly in with God? Did you not know that no one who belongs to God can serve two masters? undecided

2. But even what you said is not what the pope is recorded to have said in any way or form. According to the Pope's argument, pride and hatred are more serious sins, a claim that is not of God or Jesus Christ, His Law. undecided

3. As for your claim that only God knows the sins which are serious, that too is against God as it suggests God's Law is meaningless in providing us details of sin and God's Truth. undecided

Sin, for those of us who are of the New Covenant, is as clearly defined in the almost 100 laws given to us by Jesus Christ, God's Law and agreement between God and individuals in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Sin refers to direct disobedience of any of the almost 100 commandments of God's Law to us, and the judgment at the end of all sins, regardless of how you personally chose to rank it in your mind is the same - eternal damnation. Whether a one is guilty of adultery or mass murder, the end is the same - eternal damnation. undecided

No need to argue with you because it's obvious you can't understand what you read. The Pope Obviously got that from the hint Jesus Christ gave which I stated before but you are too daft to understand.

I also quoted a Bible verse which you conveniently overlooked. This is not about damnation or whatever you are hallucinating about. The verse obviously stated that some kind of sins shouldn't be prayed about because they lead to death of the soul. But there's is no need to continue this argument with you.
Since you know more than the Pope, go and commit any type of sin you like since all of them are the same .

CIAO!
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by DZTech: 7:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
Na wa o.
If the Pope lied, is the scripture quoted by antichristian also a lie?
Abi wetin confuse u for my post? undecided
Kobojunkie:
i pointed out the lies told by your pope in my own response to the OP. If you have issues with any of the info I indicated as lies, feel free to directly attend to them. undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2021
Starcrest1:
1. No need to argue with you because it's obvious you can't understand what you read. The Pope Obviously got that from the hint Jesus Christ gave which I stated before but you are too daft to understand.

2. I also quoted a Bible verse which you conveniently overlooked. This is not about damnation or whatever you are hallucinating about. The verse obviously stated that some kind of sins shouldn't be prayed about because they lead to death of the soul. But there's is no need to continue this argument with you.

3. Since you know more than the Pope, go and commit any type of sin you like since all of them are the same .

CIAO!
1. Absolutely nothing of what your pope said is of Jesus Christ to begin with so how could you continue to claim your pope got anything from Jesus Christ in this. Is Jesus Christ a liar or something? undecided

2. The bible verse you quoted has absolutely nothing to do with the claims made by your pope who clearly said that instead pride and hatred are to him more serious sins, a claim that is not of Jesus Christ, God's Law. undecided

3. Yes, where Jesus Christ is concerned, I do in fact know of Jesus Christ more than your pope does, this since no man who knows Jesus Christ would set himself up as master/authority over sheep that ought to belong to Jesus Christ to begin with. undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
DZTech:
Na wa o.
If the Pope lied, is the scripture quoted by antichristian also a lie?
Abi wetin confuse u for my post? undecided
Again, indicated in the quote below are the various lies told by your pope...at least 4 different lies
Pope Francis stated this in regards to a question about the Archbishop of Paris Michel Aupetit who resigned this month after a report by a French magazine that claimed he had engaged in an intimate relationship with a woman.
1. He said, “We’re all sinners. When the gossip grows and grows and removes someone’s good name, he cannot govern.

2. “This is an injustice. That’s why I accepted the resignation of Aupetit: not on the altar of truth but on the altar of hypocrisy.”

3. In response, the Pope said, "It was a failing on his part, a failing against the sixth commandment, but not a total one. There is sin there but not the worst kind .Sins of the flesh are not the most serious."

4. Rather, he said that pride and hatred were "the most serious" of sins.
What scripture do you claim addressees which of the lies indicate in bold above? undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by DZTech: 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
Well, like Starcrest1 said, you don't seem to understand what you read.
2 comments with scripture quotes- one by Christ Himself- clearly stating that there are some sins more serious than others, but your claim is that both comments- and therefore the quotes- are wrong?
Try to avoid condemning yourself, just because you want to win an argument or cast someone else in bad light.
It's well worth you.
Stay blessed
Kobojunkie:
Again, indicated in the quote below are the various lies told by your pope...at least 4 different lies What scripture do you claim addressees which of the lies indicate in bold above? undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by DZTech: 10:12pm On Dec 10, 2021
Wow...
Do you really need to be taught that pride is the greatest sin?! shocked
Kobojunkie:
1. Absolutely nothing of what your pope said is of Jesus Christ to begin with so how could you continue to claim your pope got anything from Jesus Christ in this. Is Jesus Christ a liar or something? undecided

2. The bible verse you quoted has absolutely nothing to do with the claims made by your pope who clearly said that instead pride and hatred are to him more serious sins, a claim that is not of Jesus Christ, God's Law. undecided

3. Yes, where Jesus Christ is concerned, I do in fact know of Jesus Christ more than your pope does, this since no man who knows Jesus Christ would set himself up as master/authority over sheep that ought to belong to Jesus Christ to begin with. undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Dec 10, 2021
DZTech:
Wow...
Do you really need to be taught that pride is the greatest sin?! shocked
Where exactly did Jesus Christ, the one who is God's Law, tell you the above? undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by Kobojunkie: 10:22pm On Dec 10, 2021
DZTech:
Well, like Starcrest1 said, you don't seem to understand what you read.
2 comments with scripture quotes- one by Christ Himself- clearly stating that there are some sins more serious than others, but your claim is that both comments- and therefore the quotes- are wrong?
Try to avoid condemning yourself, just because you want to win an argument or cast someone else in bad light.It's well worth you.
Stay blessed
You are still avoiding the question. I accused your pope of telling 4 lies which I claim have no basis in scripture.
1. He said, “We’re all sinners. When the gossip grows and grows and removes someone’s good name, he cannot govern.

2. “This is an injustice. That’s why I accepted the resignation of Aupetit: not on the altar of truth but on the altar of hypocrisy.”

3. In response, the Pope said, "It was a failing on his part, a failing against the sixth commandment, but not a total one. There is sin there but not the worst kind .Sins of the flesh are not the most serious."

4. Rather, he said that pride and hatred were "the most serious" of sins.
You suggest that your pope is instead telling the truth, so you shouldn't have any problems providing scriptural backup for the 4 claims in bold, right? undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by DZTech: 11:30pm On Dec 10, 2021
It's a pity
SMH
Kobojunkie:
Where exactly did Jesus Christ, the one who is God's Law, tell you the above? undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by Kobojunkie: 11:39pm On Dec 10, 2021
DZTech:
It's a pity
SMH
I notice you are averse to answering direct questions. undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by DZTech: 4:45am On Dec 11, 2021
Lol
Shey na me first ask you to reply to Bible quote?
You dodge am. cheesy
Kontinu.
Kobojunkie:
I notice you are averse to answering direct questions. undecided
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by Kobojunkie: 4:55am On Dec 11, 2021
DZTech:
Lol
Shey na me first ask you to reply to Bible quote?
You dodge am. cheesy
Kontinu.
a Bible quote obviously unrelated to the topic and issue at hand. lipsrsealed
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by DZTech: 5:28am On Dec 11, 2021
Huh?
A quote of Christ's words about the different severities of sin is unrelated to the Pope's comments?!
At least, your intent is now clear.
Heh
Kobojunkie:
a Bible quote obviously unrelated to the topic and issue at hand. lipsrsealed
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by Starcrest1: 6:57am On Dec 11, 2021
DZTech:
Huh?
A quote of Christ's words about the different severities of sin is unrelated to the Pope's comments?!
At least, your intent is now clear.
Heh

Lols that was why I stopped arguing with him. He clearly read my topic but is still arguing that the bible verses are unrelated to the topic, talk about being delusional.

The two bible verses clearly stated that all sins are not the same and the Pope went further to clarify by stating the sins which are most serious according to the teachings of the Catholic church. This is so that people can identify those grave sins and avoid them but the guy is here giving people false teachings, he might just be the antichrist.

The Mortal sins by the way are listed according to the catholic theology.
Pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony and sloth. The basis for this could be found in many bible verses most especially Gal.5:19-21.
Re: Are Every Sin Equal.?? by DZTech: 8:57am On Dec 11, 2021
Maybe his fixation in the Pope confused him about the purpose of the thread.
In any case, sad.
Starcrest1:

Lols that was why I stopped arguing with him. He clearly read my topic but is still arguing that the bible verses are unrelated to the topic, talk about being delusional.

The two bible verses clearly stated that all sins are not the same and the Pope went further to clarify by stating the sins which are most serious according to the teachings of the Catholic church. This is so that people can identify those grave sins and avoid them but the guy is here giving people false teachings, he might just be the antichrist.

The Mortal sins by the way are listed according to the catholic theology.
Pride, greed, wrath, envy, lust, gluttony and sloth. The basis for this could be found in many bible verses most especially Gal.5:19-21.

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Carol Live Service / Check Amazing Facts About Pastor Chingtok Ishaku Biography And Ministry Growth / Why Did You Stop Going To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.