Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! (55567 Views)

Giant Snake Killed Just This Afternoon In My Village. Food don Set / Man Roasts Big Snake For Food(photos) / A Hunter Caught A Big Snake This Morning (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by Trueyarn(m): 5:31am On Dec 11, 2021
This is a very venomous snake and I hope the op extracted the poison in its enthralls coz if not he is sure gonna be sick from poisoning in a few days after full digestion. Where I come from, the enthralls of a cobra are harvested and soaked in local gin and kept as an antidote to any poison, it works ASAP. The flesh is not eaten tho, because it is an egg laying serpent. We only eat the python because it gives birth to it's young full, like mammals do.

2 Likes

Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by DollarBuddy: 6:09am On Dec 11, 2021
One day, una go kill one poisonous inedible snake, post for social media how una take roast and cook am, chop and wash am down with 33 Larger beer then vooooooom!

Someone dies of poisoning.

Hustle oh, make you no be the one wey them go say na hunger make am chop inedible snake wey killam angry sad sad angry

1 Like

Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by JordanMichael(m): 6:17am On Dec 11, 2021
Where's the sweetest part of the snake
The HEAD grin grin grin
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by Jakumo(m): 6:18am On Dec 11, 2021
I am encouraged to note with satisfaction the use of traditional Bitta Leaf in this snake cooking endeavor. Enquiring minds only need to document now whether the Bitta Leaf was added to the snake stew, or was simply smoked by the gourmet chef during the cooking exercise.

Thank you and God breast Nigeria.

Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by puremaker7(m): 7:11am On Dec 11, 2021
federal9:
If this doesn't make Front Page (FP), may righteousness go to hell.

Lalasticlala come and see something oooooo
front page or not, righteousness is a candidate next to devil in hell fire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by donMIG(m): 7:27am On Dec 11, 2021
Wait o
Pls quick question
I beg the bones wei I c from that snake... E dei poisonous if e prick person?
Just asking coz I suspect it must be poisonous
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by elampiro(m): 7:57am On Dec 11, 2021
delzbaba:
This seems to be the largest specie of snake in Nigeria

How? Rock python is in Nigeria.
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by HabaHaba: 7:57am On Dec 11, 2021
FahBuLous:
Cryptoclub...
Please can you teach me crypto, I will forever be indepted to u... Please

Chat me up.
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by Jakumo(m): 8:14am On Dec 11, 2021
Trueyarn:
This is a very venomous snake and I hope the op extracted the poison in its enthralls coz if not he is sure gonna be sick from poisoning in a few days after full digestion. Where I come from, the enthralls of a cobra are harvested and soaked in local gin and kept as an antidote to any poison, it works ASAP. The flesh is not eaten tho, because it is an egg-laying serpent. We only eat the python because it gives birth to it's young full, like mammals do.

I haven't the knowledge to dispute most of the claims made above, but the one statement I spot that is definitely incorrect is this mention that pythons give birth to live young like mammals.

As a hunter of many years, I can confirm that African Rock Pythons and their smaller cousin the Ball Python, all lay EGGS like any other reptile. Baby snakes develop inside those eggs over time until the eggs are ready to hatch, but those live baby snakes are NOT born live from the mother as you state in the bolded text above.

1 Like

Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by SATANlST: 8:49am On Dec 11, 2021
kingsoncj:
A nairalander killed a snake and turned it to meat.
u will de like that cobra soon. a cobra will kill u
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by delzbaba(m): 9:20am On Dec 11, 2021
elampiro:

How? Rock python is in Nigeria.
as in numbers, population
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by jerry2cino(m): 9:39am On Dec 11, 2021
Una get mind dey chop devil, I hail oooo.
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by Jaqen(m): 10:47am On Dec 11, 2021
ukaface:
hi. Jaqen.

Been a while hun
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by Abimbola007(m): 11:02am On Dec 11, 2021
Omo na you o. Dey chop snake, dey smoke SK, still drink stout
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by Ekg911(m): 11:10am On Dec 11, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Una get mind ooo ... Downloading roasted snake with bottle of Odeku
i Aswear people get mind bro
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by Ekg911(m): 11:10am On Dec 11, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Una get mind ooo ... Downloading roasted snake with bottle of Odeku
Aswear people get mind bro
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by ukaface(f): 11:50am On Dec 11, 2021
Jaqen:

Been a while hun
yeah, how've you been?
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by yomiuk: 1:39pm On Dec 11, 2021
The only thing that does not face discrimination in Naija is meat. grin
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by Trueyarn(m): 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2021
Jakumo:

I haven't the knowledge to dispute most of the claims made above, but the one statement I spot that is definitely incorrect is this mention that pythons give birth to live young like mammals.

As a hunter of many years, I can confirm that African Rock Pythons and their smaller cousin the Ball Python, all lay EGGS like any other reptile. Baby snakes develop inside those eggs over time until the eggs are ready to hatch, but those live baby snakes are NOT born live from the mother as you state in the bolded text above.

I don't know the specie of python you mean, but the one I have seen grows in size to almost as an anaconda, there do not have poison, neither do they have fangs or tooth. They kill through constriction and swallow their prey while still alive. They give birth to thier young ones like mammals. Maybe I may have seen a different specie. I learnt this as a child tho.
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by Jakumo(m): 6:37pm On Dec 11, 2021
Trueyarn:

I don't know the specie of python you mean, but the one I have seen grows in size to almost as an anaconda, there do not have poison, neither do they have fangs or tooth. They kill through constriction and swallow their prey while still alive. They give birth to thier young ones like mammals. Maybe I may have seen a different specie. I learnt this as a child tho.

There can only be one python species that fit the description you are giving here, and that is the African Rock Python, that does indeed grow up to 20 feet long like an Anaconda.

This picture of an African Rock Python, or "Ereh" in Yoruba language, is shown engaged in a serious Battle Royale with a ferocious leopard, known as "ekun" in Yoruba. The unique pattern of the African Rock Python's skin distinguishes it from any other species, while this picture also illustrates the size, speed, and raw power that can be attained by this massive serpent in its maturity after 20 to 30 years of killing, swallowing and growing.

Back to the subject, I once again assure you that this "Ereh" African Rock Python does NOT bear live babies like a mammal, but only lays eggs. I have hatched these eggs and seen the emergence of baby African Rock Pythons with my own eyes, so my statements to you about this snake's reproductive process are based on direct personal experience and not google online research.

Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by deanoffaculty: 7:53pm On Dec 11, 2021
softwerk:
grin

This is just the kind of regimen that can permanently cure FFK's erectile dysfunction!

OP please add some "ugba" and cameroun pepper join then serve with a cold bottle of Heineken grin
My personal pesin! I dey feel ya. Nobody fit kill our VIBE for snake meat. "Cold bottle of Heineken".......na you get am pass!

Hugs!!
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by brain54(m): 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2021
Misternas89:

Baba where you see tramadol biko?
Look well!
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by Jaqen(m): 2:26am On Dec 12, 2021
ukaface:
yeah, how've you been?

Awesome, how you holding up?
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by ukaface(f): 7:14am On Dec 12, 2021
Jaqen:

Awesome, how you holding up?
very well
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by Misternas89(m): 10:12am On Dec 12, 2021
brain54:

Look well!
Lol na you I suppose tell that one brotherly. Na weed the nigga wrap for that leather wey u think say na drug.
Re: Big Snake Killed By A Nairalander Today!! by Samade7: 3:01pm On Dec 13, 2021
Charx122:

Did h die after he ate the snake??

Ask ursef

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Monkeys Killed Today / The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) / 13 Pictures Of Party Food That Make Us Happy To Be Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.