Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Gunmen Abduct The Traditional Ruler Of Mbutu, Imo State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Abduct The Traditional Ruler Of Mbutu, Imo State (1121 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Eze Damian Nwaigwe (Traditional Ruler Of Mbutu, Imo State) / Imodecides: Emeka Ihedioha And Wife Casting Their Vote In Mbutu / 9837 Dump PDP In Nsit Ubium LGA As Paramount Ruler Of Etinan Joins Next Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Abduct The Traditional Ruler Of Mbutu, Imo State by paramakina202: 9:45pm On Dec 10, 2021
Rollsnjaguar:

Yes, I can't deny the fact that he formed ESN. But their responsibility was well spelt out.

To checkmate the herdsmen who before now have been killing farmers both young and old.

But let me also remind you that there are some group of people that are into

1. Kidnapping for Ramson
2. There are cultists who also engage in various forms of criminality
3. There are also political thugs who work for various parties to intimidate their opponent.
4. There are also aggrieved members of the traditional institution who may also be eyeing that throne.

So I and you cannot just conclude without any investigation that all the killings in south east are done by Nnamdi Kanu boys.

To me is not logical, before Nnamdi Kanu, crime has existed and if nothing is done about it. It may continue.

What is spelt out is to deceive the general public their main aim and objectives is spelt out in their criminal actions which is to take over Igboland by force.
Re: Gunmen Abduct The Traditional Ruler Of Mbutu, Imo State by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2021
paramakina202:

What is spelt out is to deceive the general public their main aim and objectives is spelt out in their criminal actions which is to take over Igboland by force.

Can you confidently rule out any of this group I mentioned
1. Kidnapping for Ramson
3. There are also political thugs who work for various parties to intimidate their opponent.
4. There are also aggrieved members of the traditional institution who may also be eyeing that throne.
Re: Gunmen Abduct The Traditional Ruler Of Mbutu, Imo State by paramakina202: 10:19pm On Dec 10, 2021
Rollsnjaguar:

Can you confidently rule out any of this group I mentioned
1. Kidnapping for Ramson

Na cultist dey kill security agents and collect their guns abi,Na kidnappers dey raid and destroy police stations accross Igboland abi?
Re: Gunmen Abduct The Traditional Ruler Of Mbutu, Imo State by Rollsnjaguar(m): 10:53pm On Dec 10, 2021
paramakina202:

Na cultist dey kill security agents and collect their guns abi,Na kidnappers dey raid and destroy police stations accross Igboland abi?

You are still not getting the point, initially the Governors where also saying it was IPOB but later from their own intel, they came to understand there are other political actors.

Just like what happened in Anambra before the election. There where killings everywhere which where obviously political.

But immediately after the election everything cease.

Is left for the security agencies to do thorough investigation and information gathering to unravel the truth and faces behind all these.

Is premature without any high level investigation to stay on social media and say is IPOB or herdsmen or any other groups.

That's my point.
Re: Gunmen Abduct The Traditional Ruler Of Mbutu, Imo State by paramakina202: 11:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
Rollsnjaguar:

You are still not getting the point, initially the Governors where also saying it was IPOB but later from their own intel, they came to understand there are other political actors.

Just like what happened in Anambra before the election. There where killings everywhere which where obviously political.

But immediately after the election everything cease.

Is left for the security agencies to do thorough investigation and information gathering to unravel the truth and faces behind all these.

Is premature without any high level investigation to stay on social media and say is IPOB or herdsmen or any other groups.

That's my point.

Federal government has said it time without number that IPOB is behind the killings including the recent beheading of two police officers.
So who else suppose to do the investigation if not FG?
Re: Gunmen Abduct The Traditional Ruler Of Mbutu, Imo State by Rollsnjaguar(m): 11:27pm On Dec 10, 2021
paramakina202:

Federal government has said it time without number that IPOB is behind the killings including the recent beheading of two police officers.
So who else suppose to do the investigation if not FG?

Those are just media statement and assumptions, have they made arrest.
Is any of the killers caught yet?
Is there any trial going on the killings?

During Jonathan regime, some groups in Niger Delta MEND carried out bombing and they were arrested and tried. Everybody saw it and we believed it.

But in this case, we have not seen any serious trials going on to show that government has caught those responsible.

All we have been reading is press statement.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Abduct The Traditional Ruler Of Mbutu, Imo State by paramakina202: 11:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
Rollsnjaguar:

Those are just media statement and assumptions, have they made arrest.
Is any of the killers caught yet?
Is there any trial going on the killings?

During Jonathan regime, some groups in Niger Delta MEND carried out bombing and they were arrested and tried. Everybody saw it and we believed it.

But in this case, we have not seen any serious trials going on to show that government has caught those responsible.

All we have been reading is press statement.

So many captured ESN are going through trial including their commander in chief Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
Re: Gunmen Abduct The Traditional Ruler Of Mbutu, Imo State by Rollsnjaguar(m): 11:43pm On Dec 10, 2021
paramakina202:

So many captured ESN are going through trial including their commander in chief Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

I know of Kanu's case, but have NEVER read or heard of any ESN member on trial for the killings you are talking about.
Unless you want to tell me they are been tried for something else.

The security agencies need to up their game, that's the fact.
Not just picking random guys and tagging them IPOB then dump them in various prison without trial or conviction.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria will soon be better than America / Did You Know That Nigeria Has A Higher GDP Than 73% Of Europe / DIG Joseph Egbunike: It Was Medical Error To Operate Him With High BP — Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.