Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

“I Have Been Married For Years And I Have Never Cooked” – Dr. Ola Brown Reveals - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “I Have Been Married For Years And I Have Never Cooked” – Dr. Ola Brown Reveals (946 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo: “Marriage Is A Scam, Thank God I Have Never Been Married” / Gifty Powers Married For The Second Time / Nkiru Sylvanus: "I’ve Been Married On The Internet More Than 3 Times!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“I Have Been Married For Years And I Have Never Cooked” – Dr. Ola Brown Reveals by Akinblogdotcom: 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
The Founder of Flying Doctors Nigeria, Dr. Ola Brown, has revealed that she has been married for years and has never cooked.

She made this revelation while reacting to the trending conversation about women being compelled to cook at family gatherings.

It all started when a man took to Twitter to say his wife will not cook at any family gathering.

“My wife will not cook at any family gathering, if you can’t get a caterer, drink water,” he tweeted.

This degenerated into a full-blown debate on the micro-blogging platform and netizens shared their hot takes.

While some people supported the tradition and said it is an avenue for women to bond, others kicked against it and questioned why it’s only women that are expected to bond over cooking while the men bond over drinks.

In reaction, Dr Ola said she has been married for years and has never cooked. According to her, if she wants to bond with other women, they will go to a spa or restaurant.

SEE MORE >>> https://www.akinblog.com/i-have-been-married-for-years-and-i-have-never-cooked-dr-ola-brown-reveals/
Re: “I Have Been Married For Years And I Have Never Cooked” – Dr. Ola Brown Reveals by Apus: 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
hian!

Even as a child I go disown this woman as my mama. Imagine not being able to taste my mother's food for once. No be say I be orphan oo.
Na the Simpie man I blame.

4 Likes

Re: “I Have Been Married For Years And I Have Never Cooked” – Dr. Ola Brown Reveals by Ryda(m): 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
Every mallam with his kettle.
Long as her husband is not complaining, I won't complain on his behalf.

About my wife cooking in a social gathering, It is a decision I can allow or disallow.

No be every gathering dem dey socialize, some na gossip gathering.

2 Likes

Re: “I Have Been Married For Years And I Have Never Cooked” – Dr. Ola Brown Reveals by habsydiamond(m): 7:47pm On Dec 10, 2021
I can't marry a woman that can't cook oo.. But for family gathering or parties caterers dey but for ma house she must get at least c6 for home economics ooo

3 Likes

Re: “I Have Been Married For Years And I Have Never Cooked” – Dr. Ola Brown Reveals by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 10, 2021
All this story,its about if you have a tradition or culture and what a wife service and husband service mean,it has nothing to do with enslavement,some women where raised in a culture where its a taboo for men to cook,other women where raised in a tradition where a strong woman is seen by how many mouths she can feed,these days men don't hunt or wrestle to earn respect and titles as in the past,these have been replaced by white collar jobs,what does your tradition say about your way of life?I'm sure the himba tribe of namibia would have lots to tell of what's significant to them.if you won't cook for your husband keep it to yourself and let women who want to cook for their men do so in peace,no one would drag your personal life with you is you don't talk about it in public,people should learn to respect other peoples decision as long as its not cruel.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Have Been Married For Years And I Have Never Cooked” – Dr. Ola Brown Reveals by tommy589(m): 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
So far your man is ok with it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “I Have Been Married For Years And I Have Never Cooked” – Dr. Ola Brown Reveals by sammybest889(m): 8:12pm On Dec 10, 2021
****TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN*****
haaaaaaaaaaa I don die..

abeg wati dis world de turn to....abeg,somebody wake me (something wey House gals de use take turn second wife,na him Dr. Ola Brown type like dis with out shame)
haaaaaa it is finished

although it is written in 3 KOLOsians13-33

"to whom Brian is given wisdoms is expected"

fank u...
Re: “I Have Been Married For Years And I Have Never Cooked” – Dr. Ola Brown Reveals by inumidun2010(m): 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2021
Me wey be FOODIE, how I wan take COPE...
Any GIRL wey no Sabi COOK should HIDE her FACE... If not for the HUSBAND but for the KIDS.....
What if HOUSEMAIDS go on STRIKE... Una never see when HOUSEMAID become HOUSEWIFE because of COOKING...
THESE UNA EYE WEY OPEN go CAUSE WAHALA ooooo...

1 Like

Re: “I Have Been Married For Years And I Have Never Cooked” – Dr. Ola Brown Reveals by Houseofglam7(f): 10:13pm On Dec 10, 2021
undecided
Re: “I Have Been Married For Years And I Have Never Cooked” – Dr. Ola Brown Reveals by Cousin9999: 10:59pm On Dec 10, 2021
Cooking is a life skill. If you're a male or female adult who cannot cook anything, fix yourself.

If you're a grown man who doesn't eat unless your wife cooks, you're an ídíot.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Years Of My Life With Ned Nwoko Has Been My Worse Years Ever- Laila Charani / T.I Blaze Has Been Arrested By NDLEA For The Second Time (video) / I Used Nigerian Police To Return My N50M Back- Jaruma Mocks Tacha On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.