Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Is The Pontiac Torrent A Good Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is The Pontiac Torrent A Good Car? (1564 Views)

Honest Pontiac Torrent 2009 Review Needed / Pontiac Vibe Vs Pontiac Torrent / I got the Pontiac Vibe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Pontiac Torrent A Good Car? by Elxandre(m): 1:38pm On Dec 11, 2021
I've been seeing more of Pontiac torrents nowadays on Nairaland, but there's so little reviews of them.
Is it a good car indeed?
Re: Is The Pontiac Torrent A Good Car? by sultaan(m): 7:03am On Dec 12, 2021
Elxandre:
I've been seeing more of Pontiac torrents nowadays on Nairaland, but there's so little reviews of them.
Is it a good car indeed?

You see them because they are cheaper to buy at auctions than their counterparts.

Pontiac as a division of GM was shuttered about 12 years ago, which means the newest Pontiac you will find might be a 2010 model year.

It is a clone of the Chevy Equinox, but the minor trim changes makes it difficult to get replacement body panels.

Penetration of those American models into the Nigerian market might offer a cheaper alternative for some would be car owners.

Take a test drive, and see if it meets your expectation
Re: Is The Pontiac Torrent A Good Car? by Elxandre(m): 12:21pm On Dec 12, 2021
sultaan:

You see them because they are cheaper to buy at auctions than their counterparts.

Pontiac as a division of GM was shuttered about 12 years ago, which means the newest Pontiac you will find might be a 2010 model year.

It is a clone of the Chevy Equinox, but the minor trim changes makes it difficult to get replacement body panels.

Penetration of those American models into the Nigerian market might offer a cheaper alternative for some would be car owners.

Take a test drive, and see if it meets your expectation
It's not even about a test drive. I'm sure all money pits ride well when new/in good condition grin

I'm talking about maintenance in Nigeria and availability of parts and technical knowhow.
Re: Is The Pontiac Torrent A Good Car? by sultaan(m): 5:58pm On Dec 12, 2021
Elxandre:

It's not even about a test drive. I'm sure all money pits ride well when new/in good condition grin

I'm talking about maintenance in Nigeria and availability of parts and technical knowhow.

Apparently you did not understand what I wrote neither could you read between the lines.
1, the latest model was made 2009, 12 years ago. There is nothing new with a 12 year old car and you won't find panels to replace some body parts like grill.
2, A car that still drives is still a working car, it is up to user to maintain.
3, The Chevy Equinox is a decent and very popular cheap SUV, parts and abundant.;
4, You have a choice to buy a RAV, CRV, Escape, Rogue, or the Jeep Cherokee, but you asked about the Torrent.
5,A BMW X3, or GLK is a deeper money pit any day ,

A lot of people were of the same opinion when the first set of Pontiac Vibe got on dealers lot, but the knowledge of Toyota engine has changed mind.

If your post is to ridicule a dead brand, go ahead, but the Equinox/GM is still a player in the category.
Re: Is The Pontiac Torrent A Good Car? by Elxandre(m): 6:14pm On Dec 12, 2021
sultaan:

Apparently you did not understand what I wrote neither could you read between the lines.
1, the latest model was made 2009, 12 years ago. There is nothing new with a 12 year old car and you won't find panels to replace some body parts like grill.
2, A car that still drives is still a working car, it is up to user to maintain.
3, The Chevy Equinox is a decent and very popular cheap SUV, parts and abundant.;
4, You have a choice to buy a RAV, CRV, Escape, Rogue, or the Jeep Cherokee, but you asked about the Torrent.
5,A BMW X3, or GLK is a deeper money pit any day ,

A lot of people were of the same opinion when the first set of Pontiac Vibe got on dealers lot, but the knowledge of Toyota engine has changed mind.

If your post is to ridicule a dead brand, go ahead, but the Equinox/GM is still a player in the category.

I'm just a curious person and in no way an automobile critic. Lol.
I was actually interested in the Pontiac torrent and I'm still am but there's little info about it which made me create this thread.
Re: Is The Pontiac Torrent A Good Car? by sultaan(m): 9:25pm On Dec 12, 2021
Elxandre:

I'm just a curious person and in no way an automobile critic. Lol.
I was actually interested in the Pontiac torrent and I'm still am but there's little info about it which made me create this thread.

https://www.cars.com/research/pontiac-torrent-2009/
https://www.kbb.com/pontiac/torrent/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bkiGGmzoqE

The most expensive problem common to some model is the gasket leak, you will know by the oil film you might see in the coolant reservoir, or coolant in the oil.

(1) (Reply)

Driver's License In Nigeria / Car Diagnostic Results . . Please Help !!! / Toyota Mirai Vs Honda FCV [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.