Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Healthy Tips For Pregnant Women - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Healthy Tips For Pregnant Women (389 Views)

Why It Is Risky For Pregnant Women, Nursing Mothers To Drink Zobo-edokita / 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos / Why Pregnant Women Should Not Drink Zobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Healthy Tips For Pregnant Women by jennypro(f): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2021
Eating healthy is an important part of a healthy lifestyle at any time, but it is especially important if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Eating well creates good taste and provides essential nutrients to the unborn baby.

Healthy health during pregnancy is important for both mothers and babies because what a woman eats and drinks during pregnancy is the main source of food for her baby. Experts recommend that a pregnant woman’s diet include plenty of healthy foods and fluids to provide the essential nutrients the baby needs for growth and development Now as health supplements. during pregnancy, including what to eat and how much you need.

Folate and folic acid — Prevent birth defects
Folate is a B vitamin that helps prevent nerve tube abnormalities, serious brain and spine disorders. The synthetic form of folate found in supplements and fortified foods is called folic acid. Folic acid supplements have been shown to reduce the risk of premature birth.

Required amount: 400-1000 micrograms of folate or folic acid the night before and during pregnancy?

Good Sources: Strengthened grains are an excellent source of folic acid. Green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, beans and peas are dried in natural foil.

Calcium — Strengthen bones
You and your baby need calcium to get strong bones and teeth. Calcium helps in the normal functioning of the circulatory system, muscles and nerves.

Required amount: 1000 milligrams a day; Pregnant teens need 1,300 milligrams a day

Good source: Dairy products are the best source of absorbed calcium. Milk-free sources include broccoli and spinach. Many fruit juices and breakfast cereals are also fortified with calcium.

Vitamin D — Foster bone strength
it helps us absorb the right amount of calcium and phosphate. It is very important during pregnancy because it helps your baby’s bones, teeth, kidneys, heart and nerve to grow.

Required amount: 600 IU per day

Good Source: Fatty fish such as salmon are a good source of vitamin D. Other options include fortified milk and orange juice.

Protein — Foster growth
More protein is needed during pregnancy, protein is described as a "healthy food in the home" because it helps build vital organs for the baby, such as the brain and heart.

Required amount: 71 grams per day

Good sources: Lean meats, chicken, fish and eggs are good sources of protein. Other options include beans and peas, beans, seeds and soy products.

Iron —Prevent iron deficiency anemia

Your body uses iron to make hemoglobin, a protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen to your body. During pregnancy, you need twice the amount of iron needed by a pregnant mother. Your body needs iron which produces a lot of blood to supply oxygen to your baby.

If there is insufficient iron storage or there is insufficient iron during pregnancy, there may be insufficient iron. You may be tired. Iron deficiency anemia during pregnancy also increases the risk of premature birth, having low birth weight babies and a depressed nursing mother.

Required amount: 27 milligrams a day

Good sources: Red meat, chicken and fish are good sources of iron. Other options include iron-free breakfast cereals, nuts and fruits.

Whole grains — Provides energy

These foods are an important source of energy, and they also provide fiber, iron and B vitamins. At least half of a pregnant woman's carbohydrates each day should come from whole grains.

Good sources: oatmeal, whole-wheat pasta or breads and brown rice

To get more of this blog post visit https://www.fiverr.com/shyraawilliams/be-your-christian-ghostwriter-ebook-writer-and-editor

1 Like

Re: Healthy Tips For Pregnant Women by alicemt25: 7:37pm On Dec 22, 2021
thanks for the useful advices! i'm currently on my pregnancy period, so i'm in search of some healthy products to safe my and my future baby's condition. i heard abt probiotic yogurts. i found out that they have vitamins and help to maintain general health of body. have you tried one? did it really work?

(1) (Reply)

7 Important Ways To Reduce Your Risks Of Heart Failure / What Is Anal Itching, Causes,type And Prevention / New Infection In Town Called - KIDNEY INFECTION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.