Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. (600 Views)

New Law Allows Nigerian Trained Medical Doctors To Bypass US Residency / Strike: I See Danger Ahead, Doctors Are Competing With God - Ngige / Nigerian Final Year Pharmacy Student Dies In India (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. by nurain150(m): 7:58am On Dec 12, 2021
Do you automatically get promoted after completing your FPCPharm.
Re: Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. by Newtonis: 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2021
Since the Federal Government Of Nigeria has approved Pharmacy Consultancy, every graduate from that School will be promoted to the rank of a Consultant in the hospital.
Re: Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. by danilmo: 1:13am On Dec 15, 2021
Newtonis:
Since the Federal Government Of Nigeria has approved Pharmacy Consultancy, every graduate from that School will be promoted to the rank of a Consultant in the hospital.

What's the job of a consultant pharmacy?
Re: Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. by Jman06(m): 11:10am On Dec 15, 2021
danilmo:

What's the job of a consultant pharmacy?
The jobs are numerous but let me just list out some that I believe are critical:

1. Participate in ward rounds to review patients medications with a view to spotting potential and actual drug therapy problems. Some Nigerians are totally oblivious of the fact that in many cases of hospital admissions, drugs used in treating patients turn out to become their problems! The result is that the sickness may deteriorate, another sickness may develop, time of admission maybe prolonged while patients and their relatives end up spending more money than necessary. With consultant pharmacists, all the above occurrences will be checkmated to the advantage of the patient.

2. Control pharmacy operations to ensure that only wholesome drugs and other pharmaceutical products are available at every point in time in the hospitals thus ensuring patients' safety during drug therapy. A whole lot of work is involved here!

3. Training of both undergraduate and post graduate pharmacy students and ensuring that our Pharm.D and pharmacy residency programs are top notch and our graduates can compete effectively with other pharmacists anywhere in the world they may find themselves.

4. Research, research and more research!

You see, the consultancy cadre for pharmacists has a lot of burdens and responsibilities attached to it.
Re: Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. by danilmo: 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2021
Jman06:
The jobs are numerous but let me just list out some that I believe are critical:

1. Participate in ward rounds to review patients medications with a view to spotting potential and actual drug therapy problems. Some Nigerians are totally oblivious of the fact that in many cases of hospital admissions, drugs used in treating patients turn out to become their problems! The result is that the sickness may deteriorate, another sickness may develop, time of admission maybe prolonged while patients and their relatives end up spending more money than necessary. With consultant pharmacists, all the above occurrences will be checkmated to the advantage of the patient.

2. Control pharmacy operations to ensure that only wholesome drugs and other pharmaceutical products are available at every point in time in the hospitals thus ensuring patients' safety during drug therapy. A whole lot of work is involved here!

3. Training of both undergraduate and post graduate pharmacy students and ensuring that our Pharm.D and pharmacy residency programs are top notch and our graduates can compete effectively with other pharmacists anywhere in the world they may find themselves.

4. Research, research and more research!

You see, the consultancy cadre for pharmacists has a lot of burdens and responsibilities attached to it.

K. Thanks.

But the bolded, do Doctors prescribe drug blindly? Except for maybe mistake, nobody is above that, maybe that's the way I think u guys put it.. From the knowledge of pharmacology we all know drugs aren't a one way thing, not as if doctors just prescribe blindly without knowing the side effects as u made it look. Or what else will u check mate with in a young woman dieing of choriocarcinoma even wen we know chemotherapy is going to give her myelosuppression , pulmonary fibrosis, alopecia , ototoxicity, nephrotoxicity and the rest, that is why we give clinical course for the drug , Watch her condition and checkmate the level of damage, prevent some syndrome , prevent some possible damage, treat some damage too..

I don't think any Doctor prescribe drug blindly who is now waiting for a clinical pharmacist to help him see to the drug side effects, we all learnt good pharmacology, well taught and groomed, Applied and Did MB on alongside almighty Pathology in year 4.

No vex o chief I no see more in it ni, not even think I've seen any pharmacist in our Ward round, maybe they do there own separately. Cox on a note this is Africa where we raise ego, the potential and possibility of Academic bully won't want them to come around, As our Ward round is full of talking and discussing more pathology of diseases and management, we don't talk drug most time as we all know and aware and expected the side effects already same time doing the best to abort it.. infact drug talk and Dynamics and kinectic is the least expected of us, talking it and moving stuff about it is for year 4 student , the erk, like at this level ure still confused and want to talk drug ke, or like a pham personel in d name of him a clinical pharmacist want to come and join round to tell us our drug is causing Alopecia, Nephrotoxic, like how, why, is that a new info we aren't aware ?Telling us will be like ( is this a JJC, why are u telling us what we generally know, to impress us or to do what). Sorry if my use of word isn't cool but I think that is the blunt truth. And what is happening.. maybe why we've not seen any pharmacist coming around. E no easy as u talk am like that bro. Join ward round to checkmate doctor's drug is more of theoretical talk than reality.

Even some of the brand that has good product self , we are aware as that one comes with practice... We tell patient, buy this product and refuse this product.

And the rest point. Go well. Thanks.
Re: Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. by Jman06(m): 1:32pm On Dec 15, 2021
danilmo:

K. Thanks.

But the bolded, do Doctors prescribe drug blindly? Except for maybe mistake, nobody is above that, maybe that's the way I think u guys put it.. From the knowledge of pharmacology we all know drugs aren't a one way thing, not as if doctors just prescribe blindly without knowing the side effects as u made it look. Or what else will u check mate with in a young woman dieing of choriocarcinoma even wen we know chemotherapy is going to give her myelosuppression , pulmonary fibrosis, alopecia , ototoxicity, nephrotoxicity and the rest, that is why we give clinical course for the drug , Watch her condition and checkmate the level of damage, prevent some syndrome , prevent some possible damage, treat some damage too..

I don't think any Doctor prescribe drug blindly who is now waiting for a clinical pharmacist to help him see to the drug side effects, we all learnt good pharmacology..

No vex o chief I no see more in it ni, not even think I've seen any pharmacist in our Ward round, maybe they do there own separately. Cox on a note this is Africa where we raise ego, the possibility of Academic bully won't want them to come around, As our Ward round is full of talking more pathology of diseases and management, we don't talk drug most time as we all know and aware and expected the side effects already same time doing the best to abort it.. like I want to come and join round to tell us our drug is causing Alopecia, Nephrotoxic, like how, why, is that a new thing to us, trust me even medical student is aware and know what is going on and the effort to avert it. Telling us will be like ( is this a JJC, why are u telling us what we generally know, to impress us or to do what). Sorry if my use of word isn't cool but I think that is the blunt truth.

Even some of the brand that has good product self , we are aware as it comes with practice... We tell patient, buy this product and refuse this product.

And the rest point. Go well. Thanks.
Well, let me start by asking you this question: Why do we have consultant clinical microbiologists or hematologists even when the knowledge those people have are mostly general knowledge that any pharmacist, medical lab scientist, dentists, MBBS doctors who are well read already possess I know you might be pricked by that question and that is how I want you to react so that you'll get to appreciate how it feels when SOME of you try to downplay the specialized knowledge and expertise of the clinical pharmacists.

Now, nobody is saying that you as a physician might not know some adverse effects of some drugs based on your one-year exposure to general pharmacology. But then, there are many drug therapy problems aside the problem of side effects. There are also many therapeutic alternatives available out there. As you rightly pointed out that nobody is perfect and above mistakes, a physician working in a hospital setting might be too occupied with diagnosis and other aspects of patient management to take cognizance of the following problems that may occur in drug therapy:

1. Wrong drugs: some physicians due to oversight (or in some cases, ignorance) prescribe wrong drugs that do not match the patient's conditions. You might not believe it, but many clinical pharmacists have well documented evidence of incidences of wrong drugs prescriptions from physicians.

2. Ineffectiveness due to drug interactions and inappropriate administration: some of you tend to downplay the significance of drug interactions only to have patients suffer for it. Drug interaction is a critical issue in drug therapy as it can make or mar therapeutic outcomes. Now, drug interactions and its problems require specialized knowledge of drugs chemistry, biochemistry and not just pharmacology to understand and avert. Interaction is not just limited to what is happening in the patient's body, but also, how the drug is stored, mixed in syringes and infusion sets etc. It also includes how the drug reacts with the patient's foods, drinks etc. Wrong administration is another factor. Aside your normal injections and oral drugs, there are other dosage forms like suppositories and inhalers. A consultant pharmacist is in a better position to detect when treatment failures are as result of inappropriate administration.

3. Unsafe drugs... This could be due to general adverse drug reactions or some other genetically determined factors eg enzymes deficiency, protein binding etc. In an advanced practice environment, a consultant clinical pharmacist will be able to detect when a particular drug is not safe for a patient and advise the physician approximately. This can be detected during patient interview and review of patient case files.

4. None adherence. A clinical pharmacist while interviewing a patient can detect when there's a case of non adherence
The list goes on.

It's funny how some of you think we can do away with other people's expertise, forgetting that even diagnosis can be made online via google today. If you would discourage self diagnosis via google on the basis that a sick person should see a physician for his/her diagnosis, then you shouldn't assume that you can do away with the contributions of a clinical pharmacist because of your superficial knowledge of drugs.
Re: Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. by danilmo: 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2021
Jman06:
Well, let me start by asking you this question: Why do we have consultant clinical microbiologists or hematologists even when the knowledge those people have are mostly general knowledge that any pharmacist, medical lab scientist, dentists, MBBS doctors who are well read already possess I know you might be pricked by that question and that is how I want you to react so that you'll get to appreciate how it feels when SOME of you try to downplay the specialized knowledge and expertise of the clinical pharmacists.

Now, nobody is saying that you as a physician might not know some adverse effects of some drugs based on your one-year exposure to general pharmacology. But then, there are many drug therapy problems aside the problem of side effects. There are also many therapeutic alternatives available out there. As you rightly pointed out that nobody is perfect and above mistakes, a physician working in a hospital setting might be too occupied with diagnosis and other aspects of patient management to take cognizance of the following problems that may occur in drug therapy:

1. Wrong drugs: some physicians due to oversight (or in some cases, ignorance) prescribe wrong drugs that do not match the patient's conditions. You might not believe it, but many clinical pharmacists have well documented evidence of incidences of wrong drugs prescriptions from physicians.

2. Ineffectiveness due to drug interactions and inappropriate administration: some of you tend to downplay the significance of drug interactions only to have patients suffer for it. Drug interaction is a critical issue in drug therapy as it can make or mar therapeutic outcomes. Now, drug interactions and its problems require specialized knowledge of drugs chemistry, biochemistry and not just pharmacology to understand and avert. Interaction is not just limited to what is happening in the patient's body, but also, how the drug is stored, mixed in syringes and infusion sets etc. It also includes how the drug reacts with the patient's foods, drinks etc. Wrong administration is another factor. Aside your normal injections and oral drugs, there are other dosage forms like suppositories and inhalers. A consultant pharmacist is in a better position to detect when treatment failures are as result of inappropriate administration.

3. Unsafe drugs... This could be due to general adverse drug reactions or some other genetically determined factors eg enzymes deficiency, protein binding etc. In an advanced practice environment, a consultant clinical pharmacist will be able to detect when a particular drug is not safe for a patient and advise the physician approximately. This can be detected during patient interview and review of patient case files.

4. None adherence. A clinical pharmacist while interviewing a patient can detect when there's a case of non adherence
The list goes on.

It's funny how some of you think we can do away with other people's expertise, forgetting that even diagnosis can be made online via google today. If you would discourage self diagnosis via google on the basis that a sick person should see a physician for his/her diagnosis, then you shouldn't assume that you can do away with the contributions of a clinical pharmacist because of your superficial knowledge of drugs.

Ok o.. all I'm saying is we may necessary not expect or want to see or like to see a pharmacist in ward round with us sha, forget it we have ego issue with our hard earned knowledge. It's more or less of no benefit to us and the patient we are managing.. Maybe una go come do una own separately. The folder is there in the shelve, grin
Or wen I prescribe Cyclophosphamide and other combo to my patient u LL come and tell me its not supposed to, be like u and the patient will have to go home and u take over the treatment then, na the patient Sabi.. patient will now come back and tell me say pharmacist said otherwise, I don dump u b that, move to the next patient ,u LL go and complete the treatment with that pharmacist.. infact we hardly see this scenario self, trust our patient.

And u said the knowledge Doctors have in Pharmacology is general knowledge? So how come we know almost all the systemic drugs, their pharmacodynamics and kinetics? U mean a course through pharmacology for 12month of 8 to 5pm training is superficial, baba we finished Katzung Pharmacology back to back o, did MB on top. U see why it looks somehow with all the knowledge to now see a clinical pharmacist to tell us things in what we already know, like the least of our knowledge, ask any medic, drug is the least and foundational basis of clinical Medicine and that's why we do it in year 4 to start with, or is ur knowledge in pharmacology different from the one we know in Katzung, not that u guys use Katzung like that self, no b Lippincott una dey use cheesy

Let us humble ourself and stay in good lane.

I out it to u, the potential of Academic bully won't let a clinical pharmacist join our round. Like what do u have to contribute to pathology and clinical cases aside drug that is our least talk? Running stuffs about meig syndromes with collapsed lungs and trying to salvage the underlying pathology , we aren't done with that only for a clinical pharmacist to tell us he or she has an opinion on to drug that is the least of our problem. No vex o but u reason am. E dey one kind

I made an illustration, Doctors are like those who build(Surgeons) planes and pilot(medicine).

While pharmacist are like the producer of Her fuel..

So if what much benefit is the fuel to the Aeronautical and avaiation Industry?? Maybe to tell them Pb in fuel can damage jet engine, abi what else..

See the major work of a pharmacist is to produce and dispense drug, nobody is dragging that with u, I'm not in support of oharm technicians or chemist people doing such, in my own understanding base on ur answer, clinical pharmacist is just for degree sake and to have good pharmacy knowledge to train student just like consultant teaches medical student in Medical school. As for practice I don't see much again...

Beside, has there been anytime Doctors go against patient googling their illness What we only say is dnt come and argue ur Google answers with me wen u come to clinic for check up, it would have been better u stay in ur house. Let me do my job or u take the Walk way out...

Now see the drag me and u don drag each other now online , do u think this will be ok if we are in front of patient seeing me looking down on ur drug opinion I still say the fear of Academics logical bully won't let u show. U self won't be Happy seeing a year 4 student laughing at ur unnecessary drug talk with ur white hairs.. or is our 12 month rigorous day and night class a joke to u?? Esp medic girlsgrin they can b salvagery.

Not undermining u o, afterall I once asked a pharmacist why Emzor paracetamol works better than M&B paracetamol or any other products out there.
Re: Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. by Jman06(m): 3:34pm On Dec 15, 2021
danilmo:

Ok o.. all I'm saying is we may necessary not expect or want to see or like to see a pharmacist in ward round with us sha, forget it we have ego issue with our hard earned knowledge. It's more or less of no benefit to us and the patient we are managing.. Maybe una go come do una own separately. The folder is there in the shelve, grin
Or wen I prescribe Cyclophosphamide and other combo to my patient u LL come and tell me its not supposed to, be like u and the patient will have to go home and u take over the treatment then, na the patient Sabi.. patient will now come back and tell me say pharmacist said otherwise, I don dump u b that, move to the next patient ,u LL go and complete the treatment with that pharmacist.. infact we hardly see this scenario self, trust our patient.

And u said the knowledge Doctors have in Pharmacology is general knowledge? So how come we know almost all the systemic drugs, their pharmacodynamics and kinetics? U mean a course through pharmacology for 12month of 8 to 5pm training is superficial, baba we finished Katzung Pharmacology back to back o, did MB on top. U see why it looks somehow with all the knowledge to now see a clinical pharmacist to tell us things in what we already know, like the least of our knowledge, ask any medic, drug is the least and foundational basis of clinical Medicine and that's why we do it in year 4 to start with, or is ur knowledge in pharmacology different from the one we know in Katzung, not that u guys use Katzung like that self, no b Lippincott una dey use cheesy

Let us humble ourself and stay in good lane.

I out it to u, the potential of Academic bully won't let a clinical pharmacist join our round. Like what do u have to contribute to pathology and clinical cases aside drug that is our least talk? Running stuffs about meig syndromes with collapsed lungs and trying to salvage the underlying pathology , we aren't done with that only for a clinical pharmacist to tell us he or she has an opinion on to drug that is the least of our problem. No vex o but u reason am. E dey one kind

I made an illustration, Doctors are like those who build(Surgeons) planes and pilot(medicine).

While pharmacist are like the producer of Her fuel..

So if what much benefit is the fuel to the Aeronautical and avaiation Industry?? Maybe to tell them Pb in fuel can damage jet engine, abi what else..

See the major work of a pharmacist is to produce and dispense drug, nobody is dragging that with u, I'm not in support of oharm technicians or chemist people doing such, in my own understanding base on ur answer, clinical pharmacist is just for degree sake and to have good pharmacy knowledge to train student just like consultant teaches medical student in Medical school. As for practice I don't see much again...

Beside, has there been anytime Doctors go against patient googling their illness What we only say is dnt come and argue ur Google answers with me wen u come to clinic for check up, it would have been better u stay in ur house. Let me do my job or u take the Walk way out...

Now see the drag me and u don drag each other now online , do u think this will be ok if we are in front of patient seeing me looking down on ur drug opinion I still say the fear of Academics logical bully won't let u show. U self won't be Happy seeing a year 4 student laughing at ur unnecessary talk with ur white hairs..

Not undermining u o, afterall I once asked a pharmacist why Emzor paracetamol works better than M&B paracetamol or any other products out there.
From your expressions, it's clear you're still a student just like myself anyway. Practicing physicians know better and many of them don't make egoistic arguments like yourself when talking drugs with a pharmacist. I'll only advise you put your ego in checks lest you make a mockery of the medical profession especially if opportunity arises for you to practice on the international space.

See you undermining drugs while claiming to have read katzung (abi what self) in the same line. We don't read Lippincott and katzung because they are peripheral texts! We read Rang and Dale! Go figure the difference.

FYI, pharmacists go on rounds separately and make their remarks on the patient's folder. It is left for you to heed their advice in your decisions on the patient or not. Those remarks by pharmacists will always come handy any day Nigeria wakes up from her slumber and start working like progressive nations. They'll come handy for litigation purposes when patients want to seek redress from your numerous malpractices that have sent many to their early graves. So, don't humble yourself and do the right thing, you hear?

In pharmacy, it's the law, facts and figures that men work with. It's not overblown ego and noise. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. by danilmo: 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2021
Jman06:
From your expressions, it's clear you're still a student just like myself anyway. Practicing physicians know better and many of them don't make egoistic arguments like yourself when talking drugs with a pharmacist. I'll only advise you put your ego in checks lest you make a mockery of the medical profession especially if opportunity arises for you to practice on the international space.

See you undermining drugs while claiming to have read katzung (abi what self) in the same line. We don't read Lippincott and katzung because they are peripheral texts! We read Rang and Dale! Go figure the difference.

FYI, pharmacists go on rounds separately and make their remarks on the patient's folder. It is left for you to heed their advice in your decisions on the patient or not. Those remarks by pharmacists will always come handy any day Nigeria wakes up from her slumber and start working like progressive nations. They'll come handy for litigation purposes when patients want to seek redress from your numerous malpractices that have sent many to their early graves. So, don't humble yourself and do the right thing, you hear?

In pharmacy, it's the law, facts and figures that men work with. It's not overblown ego and noise. Thank you!

Of course I'm a clinical student, and in my daily ward rounds with my ogas, I've not seen any pharmacy note anywhere altering our management. I no even dey see..

Oh, let me put it to u, if u're sick now and on admission cry, so u LL be arguing with us how drug side effects will do this and that. Be like u LL have to start going home ni so we can attend to other patient.

IWe student were kind of happy one day wen one pregnant woman refused to let we student examine her despite our consultant request. The consultant no even talk plenty, he warned her Frankly not to bother coming to the clinic again, or just run if she sees him in clinic because she won't attend to her. Madam maintain sharp sharp.

Be like Doctors of this days are no longer the gentlemen of old. grin Run me I run u street.

grin The Best we do wen patient ask questions is counselling them on what to expect in the course of management and not telling us it is suppose to be this and that, how many patients have u manage to know how the drug works self, or we should abide with the things u read in textbook, we don't only read textbook ,we do application of textbook for years of training, that why we have year 5 and 6 classes. . And I've counselled alot of patient yet as a student.

I still maintain, I'm not seeing the function of a clinical pharmacist in hospital. Na degree to show other pharmacist, not in practice.. Say wetin happen. I'm not ruling out the place of mistake from exhaustion, some days we return from clinic by 6pm and still resume night calls by 8pm till day break and still resume morning ward round. Oh my God. Same as our Doctors . Days of exhaustion are like that but ur usage of word ridicule ur intention. Next time say u can give opinion, don't say u LL change prescription say u know the side effects.

Or have u seen a patient with lost of deep tendon reflex before or the one with acute kidney injury secondary to renal cause as a result of drugs side effects?? No b book u read those side effects? Doctors read the book, seeing the side effects life, manage patient side effects and taking them back to normal, did it for years on plenty patient. Only for u to wake up one day and say u want to come and review prescription in ward round because u read it, nobody is above mistake but present but word well. What is shaking is u have many crammed side effects of drug in ur head. Many of which we know, we most time weight the option and give the drug like that if the good is of beneficiary than the side effects.. we know it has side effects and how they come about.

The clinical pharmacist that is to review our drug, not as if we question and palpate his knowledge in wards round like he won't keep quiet because nthat is where the real knowledge nis been exchanged between student, residents, consultant and professors. u can't know patient more than us because u feel u produce drug oga.
Refinery petrochemical engineer who produce jet fuel can't know about building(surgeon) and piloting(Medicine) JET, the simple illustration. Tell us u can give opinion as a pharmacist nobody will drag ur profession or not respect ur knowledge. Using the word correct elates our ego to want to clamp back at pharmacist , thank God u guys aren't in ward round in managing patient. We would have love to see the knowledge exchange palpatings.

I'm sorry I had to be this blunt, yes it's bad but I think sometimes truth need to be told so everybody will know there place. Saying Change doctors prescription sound disrespecful to hard earned knowledge. Men passed through alot of assememt to get to that level of broad knowledge.

Shallom.
Re: Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. by Jman06(m): 5:19pm On Dec 15, 2021
danilmo:

Of course I'm a clinical student, and in my daily ward rounds with my ogas, I've not seen any pharmacy note anywhere altering our management. I no even dey see..

Oh, let me put it to u, if u're sick now and on admission cry, so u LL be arguing with us how drug side effects will do this and that. Be like u LL have to start going home ni so we can attend to other patient.

IWe student were kind of happy one day wen one pregnant woman refused to let we student examine her despite our consultant request. The consultant no even talk plenty, he warned her Frankly not to bother coming to the clinic again, or just run if she sees him in clinic because she won't attend to her. Madam maintain sharp sharp.

Be like Doctors of this days are no longer the gentlemen of old. grin Run me I run u street.

grin The Best we do wen patient ask questions is counselling them on what to expect in the course of management and not telling us it is suppose to be this and that, how many patients have u manage to know how the drug works self, or we should abide with the things u read in textbook, we don't only read textbook ,we do application of textbook for years of training, that why we have year 5 and 6 classes. . And I've counselled alot of patient yet as a student.

I still maintain, I'm not seeing the function of a clinical pharmacist in hospital. Na degree to show other pharmacist, not in practice.. Say wetin happen. I'm not ruling out the place of mistake from exhaustion, some days we return from clinic by 6pm and still resume night calls by 8pm till day break and still resume morning ward round. Oh my God. Same as our Doctors . Days of exhaustion are like that but ur usage of word ridicule ur intention. Next time say u can give opinion, don't say u LL change prescription say u know the side effects.

Or have u seen a patient with lost of deep tendon reflex before or the one with acute kidney injury secondary to renal cause as a result of drugs side effects?? No b book u read those side effects? Doctors read the book, seeing the side effects life, manage patient side effects and taking them back to normal, did it for years on plenty patient. Only for u to wake up one day and say u want to come and review prescription in ward round because u read it, nobody is above mistake but present but word well. What is shaking is u have many crammed side effects of drug in ur head. Many of which we know, we most time weight the option and give the drug like that if the good is of beneficiary than the side effects.. we know it has side effects and how they come about.

The clinical pharmacist that is to review our drug, not as if we question and palpate his knowledge in wards round like he won't keep quiet because nthat is where the real knowledge nis been exchanged between student, residents, consultant and professors. u can't know patient more than us because u feel u produce drug oga.
Refinery petrochemical engineer who produce jet fuel can't know about building(surgeon) and piloting(Medicine) JET, the simple illustration. Tell us u can give opinion as a pharmacist nobody will drag ur profession or not respect ur knowledge. Using the word correct elates our ego to want to clamp back at pharmacist , thank God u guys aren't in ward round in managing patient. We would have love to see the knowledge exchange palpatings.

I'm sorry I had to be this blunt, yes it's bad but I think sometimes truth need to be told so everybody will know there place. Saying Change doctors prescription sound disrespecful to hard earned knowledge. Men passed through alot of assememt to get to that level of broad knowledge.

Shallom.
See overblown ego and insecurity written all over your posts. Work on that!

Honestly, I'll like to challenge some of you medics on drugs some day so I can get you thoroughly schooled and put in your place as far as drugs are concerned. I'll make out time for that in this UNIBEN. Bye for now.
Re: Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. by danilmo: 5:32pm On Dec 15, 2021
Jman06:
See overblown ego and insecurity written all over your posts. Work on that!

Honestly, I'll like to challenge some of you medics on drugs some day so I can get you thoroughly schooled and put in your place as far as drugs are concerned. I'll make out time for that in this UNIBEN. Bye for now.
I didn't deny the ego grin

Bro u can start it here.
Which of the side effects u want us to talk about
Don't even go far, what are the earliest to late presentation of a patient with acute kidney injury secondary to NSAIDs.

Don't come and tell me Oliguria Hematuria o. That's why I asked u the earliest u will decipher as regard ur knowledge of side effects as a pharmacist that u are. Afterall u produce NSAIDS.
Re: Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. by Jman06(m): 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2021
danilmo:

I didn't deny the ego grin

Bro u can start it here.
Which of the side effects u want us to talk about
Don't even go far, what are the earliest to late presentation of a patient with acute kidney injury secondary to NSAIDs.

Don't come and tell me Oliguria Hematuria o. That's why I asked u the earliest u will decipher as regard ur knowledge of side effects as a pharmacist that u are. Afterall u produce NSAIDS.

I don't indulge in online question and answers because answers are just a click away. So, it's childish and smacks of insecurity to engage you here.
Re: Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. by danilmo: 10:39pm On Dec 15, 2021
Jman06:
I don't indulge in online question and answers because answers are just a click away. So, it's childish and smacks of insecurity to engage you here.

No bro, what I asked u is not just a click away. If u Google what u LL see is Oliguria Hematuria Which I've put into the question so u won't bore me with that. It comes with knowing and applying pharmacology. grin
Re: Do You Get Promoted After Competing Pharmacy Residency. by Emmaneze: 11:13am On Dec 28, 2021
Jman06:
Good day sir
I'm a pharmacy aspirant
And I would love to know more about the profession

(1) (Reply)

Benzodiazepines was found in my brother's blood / How To Lose Belly Fat Overnight With Vaseline. / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.