Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp (4742 Views)

A Cultist Nairalander Who Was Threatening People I Posted His Dead Body - PHOTOS / Civil Engineer Jailed For Transferring N540k From His Friend's Phone / CCTV Footage Of A Thief That Raided A Boutique At Osapa London In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by NaijaTrain: 4:23pm On Dec 12, 2021
My friend got robbed of his iPhone 7 (3 months ago)..at night on knife point
... Luckily he wasn't harmed then few days later after he was able to get himself..He went to MTN office to block the line since he was robbed but few hours ago..There was a post that was made with the number and phone that was taken from him.

Behold it was the man that robbed him at knife point..He posted his pics with the number he stole.
Can you imagine the audacity?
How was he even able to still use the line after it has been blocked??
What can be done please

I would appreciate if the mods can move this to front page
Because we are trying to search for a solution concerning the problem

Should we involve the police?

Mynd44
Lasticlacla

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by Bluntguy: 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2021
Do we need to tell you to report the matter to the police?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by MidaserveNG: 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2021
grin
So we got back a 4G Moto C Plus Phone for a 3G Moto C phone

Won't tell you how, but would insist you Alert the Security Agencies, your network provider, Bank and other Contacts on your phone before impersonation entr level 2

For the Ntwrk Provider, you jst hv to insist dey block it. Must have proof of ownership. So Persist, test and mk sure it's blocked before you hang-up.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by habsydiamond(m): 4:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
Thieves of nowadays and confidence are like 5/6 ooo.. Some will even collect ur phone if dem see u weeks later dey go ask for money for sub, the the previous sub u did don finish... Thats confidence brought by poverty. May God help us all. Report to the police since u have his picture.. That will make it easy for him to be apprehended.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by Greatzeus(m): 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2021
This so called act by the thief doesn't make sense,I hope this is not another post created to blackmail an innocent person?
Who steals an iPhone and uses it? Not to talk of using the SIM,you claimed was blocked by the owner at MTN office?

4 Likes

Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by paddyDIGITAL(m): 4:39pm On Dec 12, 2021
Go to the police if you have strong evidence
Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by WibusJaga: 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2021

Most thieves get rid of the SIM asap. It seems blocking a SIM doesn't affect a Whatapp account. But that was dumb of the thief to add his picture. & your friend said he recognised the face? Na waooh!
Anyway report to the Police. Just that our police doesn't maintain a comprehensive database of persons with criminals records.

2 Likes

Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by Gabrie300(m): 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2021
Omooo can you imagine
Thiefs of nowadays ehn

It even happened to a colleague of mine.But this one..the theif sold the sim card to someone and implicated the person that bought it.

I just hope this person is caught
Very very bad
Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by anthonyuncle(m): 4:44pm On Dec 12, 2021
i think this is an act of ignorance, not confidence

8 Likes

Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by delzbaba(m): 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
This one na senior agba thief, sleep during the day, work at night,,bastard

1 Like

Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by Baawaa(m): 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2021
Reporting to police will waste time and money.Since you have his picture arrange for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by MidaserveNG: 4:56pm On Dec 12, 2021
Greatzeus:
Not to talk of using the SIM,you claimed was blocked by the owner at MTN office?
Unfortunately, they won't block the SIM Card until crime has been committed with the SIM.. too bad.
Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by uchaymart(m): 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2021
Op you better settle whatever issues you have with the person you are Calling a thief.
Stop lying, Blocked lines don't function after the action.

This is a case of blackmail/scam/business gone bad.

1 Like

Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by AFFILIATEqUEEN: 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2021
Ahh
Looking at his face alone. You can tell he is a thief.

God forbid to all these men tongue

Seun
If you can move this post to front page
Let's fish this man out

It will go a long way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by AFFILIATEqUEEN: 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2021
uchaymart:
Op you better settle whatever issues you have with the person you are Calling a thief.

It is very possible the thief still has access to his WhatsApp

Because when the phone was probably stolen
Even if you block the MTN number

He can still use another number he puts on the phone to access the WhatsApp.
I guess that is what happened

6 Likes

Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by Haakeem(m): 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
The criminal should be tracked down, op your freind should be happy because the man in the picture is an illiterate...y i called him an illiterate is because,if it was an expert that stole the phone,he would have attcked your friends bank account with the sim card in the phone. track him down....he would'ent expect you coming... in his mind,the phones is now his own and he had start enjoing life with itgrin He to would be forming big boss....the thief na dundee i swear!

3 Likes

Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by Ifesinachi22(m): 5:27pm On Dec 12, 2021
AFFILIATEqUEEN:

It is very possible the thief still has access to his WhatsApp

Because when the phone was probably stolen
Even if you block the MTN number

He can still use another number he puts on the phone to access the WhatsApp.
I guess that is what happened

My thoughts too. He inserted another Sim that has data and started using his Whatsapp.

Exactly what happened.

What i don't understand from the headline is.

The picture above: Is it the thief's or the owner of the phone?

1 Like

Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
Op might be lying against that guy because any normal person should know what to do to track down the thief if this story is legit. But i doubt the story. Your stolen IPhone and sim card still active and u are asking Nairaland what to do? No involve police, involve Seun undecided
Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by Efulefu(f): 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
How are we sure you are not trying to blackmail this guy?

How are we sure this guy is a thief?

How are we sure you are serious?

ANY EVIDENCE TO BACKUP YOUR CLAIM
Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by Nicepoker(m): 6:46pm On Dec 12, 2021
Is that not vulturebbqgrills?
Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by ShenTeh(m): 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
uchaymart:

Do you think if you block your line with your network provider your WhatsApp will stop working?

Think again.

1 Like

Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by gonkin(m): 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2021
Afonja
Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by Khd95(m): 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2021
I think once you register your number on WhatsApp, if it gets blocked it won't stop the WhatsApp from working
Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by AmVista: 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2021
Imagine, This guy is Dumb cheesy
Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by MiaBeer(m): 8:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
You should have reported this to the police before doing it here. Good luck
Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by Charmingrascal(m): 8:19pm On Dec 12, 2021
The main reason he did this is to make people believe that your friend is still using the phone, very soon he will start defrauding your friend's contact list with his name and pictures.
Involve the Police if you have "mobilization fund".
Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by 22o62021: 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2021
The iPhone no get iCloud?

Was it not on code when he stole it

I no understand
Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by Elxandre(m): 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2021
The whatsapp is still logged in obviously.
That's why you should have a pin/password.
Difficult to believe he had none.
Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by EmperorTolson: 9:31pm On Dec 12, 2021
Mynd44
Lasticlacla
No moderator should move this to front page.
Unless the moderator has confirmed what the OP had posted to be true.
People can be funny,

I remembered when someone created an account on Facebook and upload his victim pics and details of his place of work, he used the victim's account to chat himself and said some hateful things. Then, he came here and ask people to start reporting his victim to the official page of his victim's employer.

If this is true and you want to catch him, use a fine girl to chat with him and don't rush. Or a guy that'll act dump as if he wants to send money or goods to him acting as if he didn't know that the phone has been stolen.
Or you can go to the area where the phone was snatched and show the pics to people living around the area. I'm sure that someone will know him
Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by yuping(m): 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2021
Make sure you do everything in your power to catch and hang him.
Re: Thief That Stole My Friend's Phone Posted His Picture With The Phone On Whatsapp by ihatebuhari(f): 9:55pm On Dec 12, 2021
Greatzeus:
This so called act by the thief doesn't make sense,I hope this is not another post created to blackmail an innocent person?
Who steals an iPhone and uses it? Not to talk of using the SIM,you claimed was blocked by the owner at MTN office?
most post like this on nairaland are blackmail

This thread should be taken down immediately

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mariam Ashley Foundation Launches Campaign Against Human Trafficking And Sexual / I Slept With A Dog For N3m, Now I Get Wet Whenever I See Dogs – Lady (photo) / Two Nabbed In Abuja For Drug Trafficking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.