Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens (18349 Views)

Row Over UK Foreign Students As Suella Braverman Pushes For Visa Change / UAE Backs Down, Concedes Seven Flight Slots To Air Peace / Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by miqos02(m): 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2021
YOU ARE WRONG, read air peace version of the issue again below
davodyguy:

Nope.

It was given, but Air Peace rejected.

That you're just being aware now doesn't mean it's not been there.

Try to follow the story very well.

Air Peace started with Sharjah before the pandemic.

At some point, they started using Dubai, by abandoning Sharjah. While they left, Sharjah allocated slots to other airlines.

Air peace returned and Sharjah says, while you're away, things have changed. Take one here and take two in other locations.

Air Peace rejected and reported to Minister and NCAA. The Minister chose to stand with Air Peace, hence retaliated.

That's the Genesis
[b]FACTS DON’T LIE.

Air Peace has only operated flights into Sharjah Airport alone. The letter went further to deliberately damage our perception in the eyes of the unsuspecting public by stating “it would be unreasonable for an airline to expect any airport to maintain their slots when they ceased operating at that airport”!
FACTS DONT LIE.
Sir, Air Peace has never been given slots at the Dubai International Airport. Slot availability was used to deny us operating from that popular airport as it was our first choice.
It was the politics of slot unavailability that did not allow us to operate into Dubai Airport directly. The lack of flight slot angle forced us to approach the Sharjah Airport as a last resort. We were welcomed by the government and people of Sharjah.

While we were denied slots in their most important airport, the Dubai Airport, Emirates has always enjoyed red carpet treatment in Nigeria where they were given our most important airports- Lagos and Abuja where they operate a total of 21 flights weekly!

We only asked for three flights weekly at the Sharjah Airport and we got same and started operations on the 5th of July, 2019 until Covid-19 lockdowns in 2020. Contrary to the letter, Air Peace never ceased operating from Sharjah International Airport since we started in July 2019.
We only stopped when every other airline was forced to stop normal scheduled flight operations as a result of the Covid-19 lockdowns that permitted only evacuation flights.[/b]

7 Likes

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by MPESA(m): 10:37pm On Dec 12, 2021
inoki247:
Blackman dey face alot for this world...

Shey Zamfara, Borno nd Kaduna get Airport mak d president please upgrade am to international Airport and direct only Emirate Airline flight to doz area make dem too know aw e go b...

I support this motion, very greedy and stupid of UAE and Emirates Airlines.

4 Likes

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by davodyguy: 10:37pm On Dec 12, 2021
miqos02:

[b]FACTS DON’T LIE.

Air Peace has only operated flights into Sharjah Airport alone. The letter went further to deliberately damage our perception in the eyes of the unsuspecting public by stating “it would be unreasonable for an airline to expect any airport to maintain their slots when they ceased operating at that airport”!
FACTS DONT LIE.
Sir, Air Peace has never been given slots at the Dubai International Airport. Slot availability was used to deny us operating from that popular airport as it was our first choice.
It was the politics of slot unavailability that did not allow us to operate into Dubai Airport directly. The lack of flight slot angle forced us to approach the Sharjah Airport as a last resort. We were welcomed by the government and people of Sharjah.

While we were denied slots in their most important airport, the Dubai Airport, Emirates has always enjoyed red carpet treatment in Nigeria where they were given our most important airports- Lagos and Abuja where they operate a total of 21 flights weekly!

We only asked for three flights weekly at the Sharjah Airport and we got same and started operations on the 5th of July, 2019 until Covid-19 lockdowns in 2020. Contrary to the letter, Air Peace never ceased operating from Sharjah International Airport since we started in July 2019.
We only stopped when every other airline was forced to stop normal scheduled flight operations as a result of the Covid-19 lockdowns that permitted only evacuation flights.[/b]
We now have two versions

Air Peace says it black
The head of the Civil Aviation Authority in UAE says it's White

More investigations needed.

During Repatriation, I guess Air Peace landed in Dubai to pick Nigerians home. This may be what the UAE man is referring to.

Once again, subject to probability
Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by frankson1(m): 10:37pm On Dec 12, 2021
davodyguy:

Nope.

At some point, they started using Dubai, by abandoning Sharjah. While they left, Sharjah allocated slots to other airlines.

Air peace returned and Sharjah says, while you're away, things have changed. Take one here and take two in other locations.

Air Peace rejected and reported to Minister and NCAA. The Minister chose to stand with Air Peace, hence retaliated.

That's the Genesis

It's good that Air Peace rejected it.

You should be the one who should "try to follow the story very well". Air Peace never stated that they shifted to Dubai in their letter. Rather, they stopped operations during the pandemic and on resumption the UAE started this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by MPESA(m): 10:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
davodyguy:
But come to think of it.

Air Peace can take one slot in Sharjah and take the other two at Ajman.

Ajman to Dubai is like 30-45mins.

Most Northerners/Southerners come into Lagos, then visit MMA2 to board local flights to their final destinations.

UAE has better transportation infrastructure and good buses that can take people from one Emirate to the other

Go back and re-read but this time slowly....

3 Likes

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by frankson1(m): 10:40pm On Dec 12, 2021
miqos02:

[b]FACTS DON’T LIE.

FACTS DONT LIE.

Don't mind the guy. He wants to correct me but didn't read through or maybe, he's among the haters of Nigeria.

Every sane person will support the move by FG irrespective of tribe, religion and party.

2 Likes

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by frankson1(m): 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2021
MPESA:

Go back and re-read but this time slowly....

He won't, rather he will come back to insult you.

1 Like

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by davodyguy: 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2021
frankson1:

It's good that Air Peace rejected it.

You should be the one who should "try to follow the story very well". Air Peace never stated that they shifted to Dubai in their letter. Rather, they stopped operations during the pandemic and on resumption the UAE started this rubbish.

We've two versions

UAE saying A,
Air Peace saying B

Let's wait for further revelations
Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by davodyguy: 10:43pm On Dec 12, 2021
frankson1:

Don't mind the guy. He wants to correct me but didn't read through or maybe, he's among the haters of Nigeria.

Every sane person will support the move by FG irrespective of tribe, religion and party.
Lol.

I am 100% pro Nigeria.
Anyone that wants divided Nigeria should spend time in jail and anyone that calls for violence or attack government or fellow citizens should also be jailed.

I detest secessionists
Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by Elsueno: 10:43pm On Dec 12, 2021
davodyguy:

We now have two versions

Air Peace says it black
The head of the Civil Aviation Authority in UAE says it's White

More investigations needed.

During Repatriation, I guess Air Peace landed in Dubai to pick Nigerians home. This may be what the UAE man is referring to.

Once again, subject to probability

I pray & hope u never ever get into a position that requires u to negotiate or do something in favor of Nigeria. Cause I am absolutely sure u gonna betray us in favor of oyibos, chincos or even desert camels like this UAE case. The sensibly thing is to stand by ur country first instead of licking a desert camels ass.. I dislike traitorous bunch angry

1 Like

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by frankson1(m): 10:45pm On Dec 12, 2021
davodyguy:

We've two versions

UAE saying A,
Air Peace saying B

I don't think there's any other version. Emirates was operating 21 flights weekly so they should just give us what we want in appreciation. Otherwise, they stay on their lane.

1 Like

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by MPESA(m): 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2021
heniford2:
I said it buhari do not like East progress whywhat a shame even all that peace did 4 this con3 too bad igbos will survive undecided embarassed

I doubt if you are Igbo or you are one unfortunate person trying hard to paint Igbo black.

1 Like

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by owagbeba: 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2021
davodyguy:

I think they did.

May be not for long, but they did.

The man that wrote the letter is the head of all Airports in UAE and just as our NCAA here monitors all landing and take off at all Airports in Nigeria, the man does same in UAE.

According the letter from Airpeace, they never got the DXB slot, that’s why the took up the slot at Sharjah.

3 Likes

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by frankson1(m): 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
davodyguy:

Lol.

I am 100% pro Nigeria.
Anyone that wants divided Nigeria should spend time in jail and anyone that calls for violence or attack government or fellow citizens should also be jailed.

I detest secessionists

Okay. Then you should know that this is INTIMIDATION. They take us for granted and I wouldn't blame them because our leaders made it happen. And I'm fully in support of this they're trying to correct.

I'm sorry if I sounded a bit hard on you. I'm just angry.
Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by MPESA(m): 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2021
CUMIN:
21 flight x 250 seats = 5250 passengers.

If profit per head is $50
Then
5250x50=262,500 dollars per week.

Thieves.

The next row of agreement is equal slot and time at each end.

Aswear let it be 3-3 slot or 21-21 slot they are very greedy.
Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by MPESA(m): 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2021
davodyguy:

Nope.

That's the Genesis

You get it Wrong, Airpeace NEVER use Dubai, from the beginning they requested for dubai slot but was denied before going to Sharjah and they have be operating from Sharjah until pandemic...

1 Like

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 12, 2021
davodyguy:
But come to think of it.

Most Northerners/Southerners come into Lagos, then visit MMA2 to board local flights to their final destinations.

UAE has better transportation infrastructure and good buses that can take people from one Emirate to the other
@davodyguy
Do you read, comprehend, before opening your mouth to make uncoordinated contribution. I just wonder how this country will move forward with your like.
Please, read and digest before offering a bitter response. Eweh!!

3 Likes

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by MPESA(m): 10:55pm On Dec 12, 2021
davodyguy:

We've two versions

UAE saying A,
Air Peace saying B

Grow up and stop all this Nonsense....

2 Likes

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by MPESA(m): 10:56pm On Dec 12, 2021
Elsueno:

I pray & hope u never ever get into a position that requires u to negotiate or do something in favor of Nigeria. Cause I am absolutely sure u gonna betray us in favor of oyibos, chincos or even desert camels like this UAE case. The sensibly thing is to stand by ur country first instead of licking a desert camels ass.. I dislike traitorous bunch angry

Aswear the na sellouts....

1 Like

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by MPESA(m): 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2021
frankson1:

He won't, rather he will come back to insult you.

I no kukuma get their time.

1 Like

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by Elhadari(m): 10:59pm On Dec 12, 2021
davodyguy:
But come to think of it.

You can't compare the distance of MMAI & MMA2 to the distance between Sharjar, Ajman or DXB its like comparing the distance between your house and the grocery store your street & juxtaposing it with another man who lives in the outskirt of town & would have to drive for 30minutes into town to do shopping. This is purely economic sabotage, imagine small UAE, Nigerians are the highest investors in Dubai leading other African and latin American nations... In terms of GDR we all know tourism is a major source in Dubai and Nigerians make up 5 in every 10 person who has or intends to go to UAE for tourism in Africa, So we deserve to be accorded some more respect.

1 Like

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by otokx(m): 11:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
Nigeria should restrict Emirates to Abuja
Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by greggng: 11:03pm On Dec 12, 2021
davodyguy:
But come to think of it.

Why.should they decide which the.airport air peace should operate on.while they operate in all.our all our airport. Isn't that discrimination ? The best solution is that which brings fairness . That means if they don't want air peace to have slot in dubai ...then they should not be given.slot.at lagos Airport. If the still.say air peace can't get a slot.in their second busiest airport, then we should not give them.slot at Abuja airport ..

1 Like

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by EndBuhariNow(m): 11:06pm On Dec 12, 2021
one hallmark being the recent visit of the President of Nigeria to the UAE, which certainly ignored the status of these positive relations.

Unah see wetin the man talk... the dullard went to dubai just to snap pictures but ignore critical talk that will benefit Nigeria... unah go enjoy buari tire

2 Likes

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by Harrisonwo(m): 11:09pm On Dec 12, 2021
davodyguy:
But come to think of it.

On whose account will the money be billed.

For instance, you want to travel from Abuja to Lagos. One bus goes straight to Lagos while another bus stops at ogun state before you take another bus to lagos. Which of the two buses will you board?

2 Likes

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by Guyman02: 11:15pm On Dec 12, 2021
davodyguy:

I agree 100%, but we're not there yet.

Truth be told.

I'm I am doing local travel, it's Air Peace or Arik for me. I don't want stories.

But when traveling abroad, it's either Emirates, Virgin, Qatar or Turkish Airline.

We use our money to buy comfort and peace of mind
Air peace have the same comfort on the same kind of airplanes and even more with Nigeria cousine, without sounding tribal Igbos don't lower standards in business if they are competing with foreigners, they go the extra length to make more money and that's the problem Emirates is having.

3 Likes

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by leighcon(m): 11:31pm On Dec 12, 2021
Bad righting for real.

ShenTeh:
God, how does an international organization right a public letter like market women chatter like this.

This letter is poorly articulated and speaks volumes of the way we do business as a people.

1 Like

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by Ogbodavies(m): 11:33pm On Dec 12, 2021
believe uae @ ur peril...na so dem dey lie up n down on top residential visa ...
Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 12, 2021
MelesZenawi:
Buhari is indeed doing great.

Patriotism at its peak by President Buhari.

He made sure Nigeria is given fair share outside.

Emirates will be enjoying red carpet in Nigeria while denying Nigeria airline such in their own country.

Kudos to the minister of aviation.
This is the only sensible comment in read on Nairaland today ! God bless you !!!

1 Like

Re: UAE Official Lied, Air Peace Says As Row Over Flight Slots Deepens by Geenosko: 12:07am On Dec 13, 2021
I like the way Nigerian government is fighting for airpeace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unidentified Woman Killed In Accident In Nasarawa, Man Injured (Graphic Photos) / Dangote Truck Rams Into Moore Filling Station, Ekiti State (Photos) / Sanusi Yahaya Yakubu Forgets His Iphone 6 At Noi Bai Int'l Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.