Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,874 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage (18750 Views)

SIM-NIN Linkage: NCC Gives Update On 11.2m Blocked Mobile Lines / SIM-NIN Linkage: NCC Rules Out Extension, Telcos Bar 12 Million Lines / NIN: NCC Denies Mass Disconnection Of Telephone Lines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Traplord09: 11:17pm On Dec 12, 2021
A total of 63.97 million lines were disconnected in one year amid the National Identity Number-Subscriber Identity Module data verification, data obtained from the Nigerian Communications Commission show.

The NCC data revealed that the total number of connected lines in the country fell by 21.79 per cent to 229,582,206 in October this year from 293,554,598 in October 2020.

Within the period under review, the number of connected lines was highest in August 2021 (328,114,538) and lowest in September 2021 (229,467,077).

The number of active lines fell from 207,578,237 in October 2020 to 191,618,839 in October 2021, a 7.69 per cent decrease (15,959,398).

According to the commission, 37,963,367 connected lines were inactive as of October 2021, down from 85,976,361 in the same month last year.

Telecommunication companies in the country have been losing subscribers since the Federal Government began the linking of NIN with SIM cards.

“Mobile subscribers declined by 7.6 million to 68.9 million, impacted by the regulatory restrictions on new SIM sales and activations,” MTN Nigeria Communications Plc had said in its half-year financial statements.

According to the company, it is actively in support of the government’s NIN enrolment programme.

Airtel, in its quarterly financial statements, had said, “New customer acquisitions were barred until significant progress had been made on linking the active customer base with verified NINs.

“Natural churn in the customer base led to a loss of two million active mobile customers in Nigeria in the first quarter of the year (following on from 2.5 million customer loss in the final quarter of the year to 31 March 2021).”

Industry experts have also blamed the fall in the number of lines on the SIM-NIN policy.

The Nigeria National Coordinator for the Alliance for Affordable Internet, Olusola Teniola, recently told The reporter, “The impact of the SIM-NIN policy will slow down growth. The NIN requirement will slow down the ability to register SIMs legally, which will affect contribution to NIN, because not every Nigerian has NIN.”

In December 2020, the Federal Government banned the sale and registration of new SIM cards and gave a 30-day deadline for people to link their NIN with their SIM cards. The FG has since extended the exercise to the end of 2021.

When the government banned the sale and registration of SIM cards, the total number of connected lines was 300,042,650, and the total number of active lines was 204,228,678.

According to the government, the SIM-NIN policy is necessary to strengthen security in the country and trace suspects.

However, in September 2021, Zamfara State announced a ban on telecommunication service to block phone access so that criminals would not be able to communicate with one another

5 Likes

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Traplord09: 11:22pm On Dec 12, 2021
The loss can't be just because of NIN registration only. What of those killed by bandits and terrorists? Dead men don't use phones

What of those who become impoverished by the economy and cannot afford to recharge their phones or buy replacement phones? Poor men will prioritize food over phones.

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Stemkay: 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
Stop deceiving us, this will only affect the innocent ones looking for their daily breads.

Do u mean they don't know these bandits? Someone has been going all about in d name of having peace talk with d so call bandits, how come he knows them?
When the evil man is in power the people suffer is what we are currently experiencing in this country.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by BOOZELEE: 2:10am On Dec 13, 2021
One of buharis achievement

Buhari is a silent achiever

3 Likes

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Racoon(m): 3:17am On Dec 13, 2021
According to the government, the SIM-NIN policy is necessary to strengthen security in the country and trace suspects.
So where does this failed contraption stands today in terms of security under the government? Keep on pleasuring yourselves with any hallucinations that tickle your fantasy.

Meanwhile, bandits continued to enjoy seamless uninterrupted network connectivity courtesy of their patrons in government.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Prosperous111(m): 4:19am On Dec 13, 2021
Nah who come loose? No be network providers? grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Grace001: 5:17am On Dec 13, 2021

Yes to trace the poor masses who obediently linked their sim to their NIN whenever they criticize this useless government

Not to trace the bandits, kidnappers and herdsmen. Because bandits/kidnappers use their victims phone to reach out to their family and negotiate on how to get ransom.

So how do they still trace suspect ? FG foolish government should tell that to their almajiris

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by NobleSeed(m): 5:54am On Dec 13, 2021
upon the procastination on daily basis,63.97 million lines where still disconnected wonder grin grin
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by inoki247: 5:54am On Dec 13, 2021
lol sim Linkage wey no work...

The sim Linkage na to protect us...

Buh why all na dey off the same Network for Zamfara, Kastina nd Kaduna if truly sim Linkage dey work you people beta Getat...

Me I jus know u no fit dey smart pass diz people cos ones u bring out one scope anoda one go work life no hard people dat will goan buy anoda country sim nd Just roam the number nd be calling with ur network lobaton mayb u go link roamed number with NiN too..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Osiris12: 5:55am On Dec 13, 2021
These people sha. Fake news everywhere and everyday
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Sonyboom765: 5:55am On Dec 13, 2021
This is what happens when lunatic are allowed to roam free on the pages of NL.

Traplord09:

The loss can't be just because of NIN registration only. What of those killed by bandits and terrorists? Dead men don't use phones

What of those who become impoverished by the economy and cannot afford to recharge their phones or buy replacement phones? Poor men will prioritize food over phones.
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Crusadee: 5:56am On Dec 13, 2021
Na ur mumu too much

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Nbotee(m): 5:56am On Dec 13, 2021
Dis is jus one of the many foolish attempts of the govt at wasting the time of d masses. Despite all the whole noise about registration, what was then the need to shut down telecom networks in some states in the name of fighting bandits,? Why haven't they stormed the forests in Kaduna to flush out bandits who make calls to the families of their victims for ransom? How has the whole useless attempt improved the lives and security of Nigerians?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Sheriman(m): 5:56am On Dec 13, 2021
One of the achievement of Buhari terrorist led government

2 Likes

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by suffering: 5:58am On Dec 13, 2021
It means time don reach for me to get the number. Next administration will come with theirs. Mscheew.
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Kachi4christ(m): 5:58am On Dec 13, 2021
Truth is painful, he is absolutely right or u still want to argue, try and get some sense
Sonyboom765:
This is what happens when lunatic are allowed to roam free on the pages of NL.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by tradepunter: 5:58am On Dec 13, 2021
Nu be only
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by JustforMen: 5:59am On Dec 13, 2021
Arrant nonsense... ALL RANSOM NEGOTIATIONS WITH THIER BANDIT COLLEAGUES ARE DONE USING PHONES... and the lines are literally untraceable.
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Payus: 6:00am On Dec 13, 2021
angry
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by stano2(m): 6:00am On Dec 13, 2021
Rubbish
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Nbotee(m): 6:00am On Dec 13, 2021
Traplord09:

Even if a line is removed from a fone and thrown away, that line will still remain active. It takes months of Inactivity for a line to enter Grace period before it is finally deactivated. So selling off of their fones or even dying wont make their line inactive
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by mooremoney(m): 6:00am On Dec 13, 2021
BUHARI terrorist govt are wasting their time. I will still not link my line to that NIN shit. MF terrorist

2 Likes

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by princepee: 6:03am On Dec 13, 2021
Nonsense!
SIM linkage, yet there can't track Boko Haram, bandits and kidnappers with the same Sims.

Who is deciving who?

2 Likes

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by kingsceemark(m): 6:05am On Dec 13, 2021
Lies from the Hell, and none of my 7 unregistered line was disconnected, guys don't allow this terrorists to pressure you into linking your line with terrorists, just like I said before and I will say it again, I'm not linking my line with any NIN nonsense, block it if you like.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by adecz: 6:05am On Dec 13, 2021
❌❌Buhari takes economic doom
wherever he goes...☹️☹️

2 Likes

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by TeeGentle(m): 6:05am On Dec 13, 2021
when is even the deadline
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Houseofglam7(f): 6:08am On Dec 13, 2021
undecided
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:08am On Dec 13, 2021
BOOZELEE:
One of buharis achievement

Buhari is a silent achiever
cheesy
Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by CalabarPikin: 6:15am On Dec 13, 2021
Okay

Meanwhile I'm using 4 active unlinked lines

I've been waiting for them to deactivate me ever since

1 Like

Re: 63.97 Million Telephone Lines Disconnected Amid SIM–NIN Linkage by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 13, 2021
I still can use my sim wink kiss tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Phone Battery Drains Overnight Wen Am Asleep What's The Solution / How To Block Someone From Seeing Your Picture On Whatsapp / Telegram Is Way Better Than Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.