Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:44 AM

Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia (19405 Views)

Road Trip: Lagos To Abuja By Road / Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2021
Driggs:
Going on same road trip from Lagos to Owerri

24th..

But your distance too long oo.. how you go use 12 hours take waka 580km? When motor dey move at 120km/hr.. you no do the maths?

I'm travelling with my sedan (V6) too.. the journey shouldn't be more than 7 hours (bar police checkpoint delays).

Lagos to Benin is 4 hours or less.. Benin to Onitsha is around less than 2 hours.. Onitsha to Owerri is 30 mins.

Looooooooooooooooooool, see as you calculate am like say na further maths... Only Ore in Ondo state to end of Ore in Ondo state should be 3 hours, lol... Since you're travelling on the 24th, Lagos to Redemption camp should be 2hours (Don't forget Deeper Life massive explosion crusade comes up same period, although they actually have a better traffic management system during their programs)

Asaba to headbridge should be 2hrs, 30minutes

Really want to make it early, leave Berger by, say 4am, and trust me, you'll be at Owerri by 2/3, barring any accidents on the road
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by NwaliE01: 7:02pm On Dec 13, 2021
Nigercity:

grin grin grin
Onistha to owerri 30 mins
What type of weed do you guys smoke in this platform?

The guy smoked Ijebu weed��
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by chukel(m): 7:02pm On Dec 13, 2021
AMAUCHESKY:
Is ok dear is just a dream but wait a minute
Were you not taught punctuation marks in school?
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by RuggedBiafran: 7:14pm On Dec 13, 2021
I love MY South EAST. As a Biafran Territory, uncircumcised head slamming miscreants wont have and will NEVER have a say ...in our affairs. Just as practiced in Saudi Arabia/UAE/QATAR etc, where Christians cant talk...na so e be for SE. all Uncircumcised miscreants , including you will be ejected ASAP!!

MelesZenawi:

Eat your SE

I don't care.

Omambala landing case closed.

Next.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by snipernigga(m): 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
I just completed a trip from Lagos to Nwangele LGA in Imo State on 11th of December 2021. There were up to 40 police checkpoints, custom checkpoints was like 20. All these from Sagamu interchange to Onitsha head bridge. I was lucky my vehicle was not a tokunbo, but I spent close to 20k in settling the Police on the way. Dem no dey hear abeg
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by PreciousBro: 7:51pm On Dec 13, 2021
MelesZenawi:
That's your business not mine.

Those plying the route should educate him and ways to avoid UGM, IPOB and other Owerri-Aba terrorist unit formations.

As for me, Immediately I reach HEADBRIDGE, I am already home......safe and sound.

Ewele C motors.

You're already home you say. Dont you mean 200km behind the bridge is the home you prefer? Who deceived you that you're igbo?

Any perceptive person that reads your igbo-disunity induced posts' would know you're from the witch and wizard walking-dead zone, parading as igbo and chastising real igbos whilst claiming igbo to authenticate your drivel and falsehood you reptile eating, kunu-guzzling malnourished impala.

If you stayed away from igbo threads will your breath cease ?

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by PreciousBro: 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2021
RuggedBiafran:
I love MY South EAST. As a Biafran Territory, uncircumcised head slamming miscreants wont have and will NEVER have a say ...in our affairs. Just as practiced in Saudi Arabia/UAE/QATAR etc, where Christians cant talk...na so e be for SE. all Uncircumcised miscreants , including you will be ejected ASAP!!

The foõlish fool doesn't know real people can see his antics.

Claiming igbo with hate for igbos.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by RuggedBiafran: 8:01pm On Dec 13, 2021
His foolishness has been exposed since inception...na useless taqqiya practicing uncircumcised imbecilee.

PreciousBro:

The foõlish fool doesn't know real people can see his antics.

Claiming igbo with hate for igbos.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Skinkerjnr(m): 8:04pm On Dec 13, 2021
Driggs:

24th..

But your distance too long oo.. how you go use 12 hours take waka 580km? When motor dey move at 120km/hr.. you no do the maths?

I'm travelling with my sedan (V6) too.. the journey shouldn't be more than 7 hours (bar police checkpoint delays).

Lagos to Benin is 4 hours or less.. Benin to Onitsha is around less than 2 hours.. Onitsha to Owerri is 30 mins.
Onitsha to Owerri 30mins ke....when last u pass Ihiala army check point abi mgbidi traffic...baba budget 1hr for dat ur onitsha to Owerri
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by oscillation55(m): 8:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
Irondome1:
When you get to onitsha and want to escape Owerri road traffic jam, I will advice you to divert through Atani road then burst out to Ozubulu and continue your journey. SE is safe, just military checkpoints here and there.
Atani to Ozubulu bypass is very bad & lonely. Infact it's the only road I've plied in Southeast without seeing good number of vehicles on that road. Security is not really an issue cos bois don hammer dey cruise better rides, bad road is the issue there except all those water for bad sections don dry up.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by chillex8(m): 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2021
snipernigga:
I just completed a trip from Lagos to Nwangele LGA in Imo State on 11th of December 2021. There were up to 40 police checkpoints, custom checkpoints was like 20. All these from Sagamu interchange to Onitsha head bridge. I was lucky my vehicle was not a tokunbo, but I spent close to 20k in settling the Police on the way. Dem no dey hear abeg
I hope to share same luck.
My vehicle has an old plate number, I guess customs won't look my way.
I always keep several naira notes of 200 denomination. I also hope it won't fail me.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Irondome1: 8:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
oscillation55:

Atani to Ozubulu bypass is very bad & lonely. Infact it's the only road I've plied in Southeast without seeing good number of vehicles on that road. Security is not really an issue cos bois don hammer dey cruise better rides, bad road is the issue there except all those water for bad sections don dry up.
Its very busy this December, dry and secured.. The water don dry na dust be the wahala now, na there most hummer buses going to Imo, Abia, Akwa-ibom etc dey pass.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by mediainc: 8:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
InoGetJoy:

We have our useless governors in the East to thank for that. Especially that Hopeless Uzodinjo
You can't blame the soldiers, they are searching for gunmen and weapons, it's a very laudable move to keep innocent Nigerians safe on the highways. Or are you blind to all the killings going on there by gunmen...It's the responsibility of Federal government to keep Nigeria safe on the highways, they must do whatever necessary to ensure this safety of Nigerians and their peace. This is their primary duty, protection of the lives of all Nigerians. Your opinion is personal do not count on this case.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Irondome1: 8:21pm On Dec 13, 2021
lozanni:

Good advise bro. I wonder if they have worked on some of the bad spots on the Atani-Ozubulu road
No they haven't done any work on the road but it's still better then Owerri road.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by InoGetJoy: 8:25pm On Dec 13, 2021
mediainc:

You can't blame the soldiers, they are searching for gunmen and weapons, it's a very laudable move to keep innocent Nigerians safe on the highways. Or are you blind to all the killings going on there by gunmen...
Which gunmen? Which killings? There are killings going on everywhere in the country except that, for some reason, the few ones in the east are the ones we hear everyday in the newspapers because they're the ones the government has decided to blown.
These Ezes that got killed recently are the Ezes that rejected the state government from setting up cattle colonies in their domains, but you wont hear this in the newspapers. I live in Imo State, and I get first-hand info.
Right now, ask any Imolite, we're more afraid of the security agencies than any gunman.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2021
PreciousBro:

You're already home you say. Dont you mean 200km behind the bridge is the home you prefer? Who deceived you that you're igbo?

Any perceptive person that reads your igbo-disunity induced posts' would know you're from the witch and wizard walking-dead zone, parading as igbo and chastising real igbos whilst claiming igbo to authenticate your drivel and falsehood you reptile eating, kunu-guzzling malnourished impala.

If you stayed away from igbo threads will your breath cease ?

Hehehehe

See pain ooooooo

I got no cure for your pain...bewe....osondi owendi.

At HEADBRIDGE , I am home.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by 1nigeriamyfoot: 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2021
Driggs:

24th..

You can't keep same speed for 5mins bro

So you can't calculate 580km divided by 120kmph

Hope you understand what I mean
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 13, 2021
RuggedBiafran:

Yawns.

Gasyvaealkvacugf
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Shytreasure(m): 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2021
I just came back from the East yesterday, Ábíá state to be precise. The journey was fine except for the numerous check points; we had to come down at some points and trek.

The experience while coming back was different though; it was mixed with tension and apprehensiveness. Reason being that we experienced road block in three different routes in imo state, all vehicles were just turning back and we had to use another route eventually; even the driver almost lost his track out of tension of looking around for the next available thoroughfare, I must confess, i was scared at that point but man just had to summon courage. Reason for the apprehensiveness was the fact that i came back to Lagos alone, my friends stayed back and i couldn't communicate neither did i understand passengers and drivers communication. As we were changing routes like gear due to the road blocks, i was just calm expecting the worse! I no even sabi road self. grin

It's my first time in the south-east and i really enjoyed my stay with my Igbo friends. They are very accommodating and hospitable i must say.

So, you are good to go bro! I wish you a safe journey in advance.

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by RuggedBiafran: 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
You Go cry Tire...

BIAFRA is the Home of Christians in Africa...LET THAT SINK IN WELL.

We circumcise in BIAFRA Land, and any uncircumcised person will be a bottom feeding miscreant...just like you.

MelesZenawi:

Yawns.

Gasyvaealkvacugf
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by ebufa: 8:51pm On Dec 13, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Those plying the route should educate him and ways to avoid UGM, IPOB and other Owerri-Aba terrorist unit formations.

As for me, Immediately I reach HEADBRIDGE, I am already home......safe and sound.

Ewele C motors.

at okpoko slum! were you rightly belong!

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Preciousppearl(f): 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2021
Driggs:

24th..

please add extra hours at the headbridge because your calculation will fail u. I ply that road every 2 weeks the traffic at that head bridge on regular days is something else not to talk of festive period..some days we re lucky to meet it free but just be prepared.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by SonOfEl(m): 9:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Ewele C motors.

Je gbu onwe gi.... Ibukwa nu onye?
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by SonOfEl(m): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2021
ebufa:

at okpoko slum! were you rightly belong!

Abi na nwanne.... don't mind the nshikor
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by SonOfEl(m): 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2021
Shytreasure:
I just came back from the East yesterday, Ábíá state to be precise. The journey was fine except for the numerous check points; we had to come down at some points and trek.

The experience while coming back was different though; it was mixed with tension and apprehensiveness. Reason being that we experienced road block in three different routes in imo state, all vehicles were just turning back and we had to use another route eventually; even the driver almost lost his track out of tension of looking around for the next available thoroughfare, I must confess, i was scared at that point but man just had to summon courage. Reason for the apprehensiveness was the fact that i came back to Lagos alone, my friends stayed back and i couldn't communicate neither did i understand passengers and drivers communication. As we were changing routes like gear due to the road blocks, i was just calm expecting the worse! I no even sabi road self. grin

It's my first time in the south-east and i really enjoyed my stay with my Igbo friends. They are very accommodating and hospitable i must say.

So, you are good to go bro! I wish you a safe journey in advance.

God bless you jaare.... Traditional wedding took place days back and the celebrants went back without qualms

1 Like

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by MacAnalytic: 9:47pm On Dec 13, 2021
My advice too, leave early at least 4am. U go come back n apprite us.

9icetoo:

Good estimate. Leave Lagos early to avoid the bottleneck along Lagos ibadan expressway. Your target should be to be at sagamu or ijebu ode by 5.30am at most.
Therefore a departure time of 4.00am should be considered. Traffic will be heavy. Forget about security situation. No be Abuja Kaduna road be this. The numerous checkpoints (over 50 as at my last count) has taken care of that. As long as you aren't travelling on a Monday, south east roads are a breeze. Na Xmas, everyone will wish you well.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by SonOfEl(m): 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2021
Godons1:

This is a normal practice in the East.
Make them enjoy, since they choose to support IPOB's criminal activities. grin grin grin

Onye nzuzu... Be guided, be warned.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2021
SonOfEl:

Je gbu onwe gi.... Ibukwa nu onye?

I can't feel your pain.

Sorry anyway.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by SonOfEl(m): 9:58pm On Dec 13, 2021
MelesZenawi:

I can't feel your pain.

Sorry anyway.

Your illusion tells you there some pain somewhere...keep hallucinating.

Sorry for your deliberate ignorance
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by peterdrury: 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2021
athaboi:
vehicle occupants come down from a car?? Who's telling you this lie? Just stop talking what you don't know
Few days to the Anambra election, it's was happening, don't know if they still do it. On my way from PH, I experienced it twiced. Everyone comes down except the driver.
Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by Godons1: 10:02pm On Dec 13, 2021
SonOfEl:

Onye nzuzu... Be guided, be warned.

Re: Road Trip!!!!!!!! Lagos To Umuahia by nesgeeek(m): 10:04pm On Dec 13, 2021
u will spend minimum of 10hrs to travel from Lagos to Umuahia. I travel twice in a year to Uyo Akwa ibom state from Lagos State, and I normally use minimum of 11hrs. I also pass through Umuahia before getting to Uyo. from Umuahia to Uyo is 1hr.
chillex8:
Hello cartalk family, I am planning a journey to the east this month.

Haven't chosen the date yet as i'm still observing security trends and first-hand experiences from people who have embarked on similar journey this month of December.

Ordinarily, I would have flown but e get as e be....

Although sometime ago (August/September) I completed similar trip to and fro without any hassle, but this time I am travelling with a sedan.

Will update as I gather more information and fix a travel date.

More details:

Vehicle- 2008 Honda civic 1.8L, 5speed A/T.
Estimated travel time- 12 hours.
Estimated travel distance- 580km.
No of occupants- 3.
Max speed- 120km/hr.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best Destinations For Your First International Trip / Accident Along Patani Expressway In Delta Kills People (Graphic Photos) / FG Grounds Arik Air Planes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.