Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,682 members, 7,955,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:22 AM

I Had The Enaira Module As Far Back As 2016 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Had The Enaira Module As Far Back As 2016 (365 Views)

8 Reasons The eNaira Could Fail In Nigeria / Have You Installed The Enaira Wallet App? What Is Your Experience? / CBN Partners With Bitt Inc For eNaira, Shuns Nigerian Fintech Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Had The Enaira Module As Far Back As 2016 by kinglee007(m): 1:01pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hey guys, don't know if this is the right section to make this post but since the topic involved has to do with monetary services and "business", I guess it's safe to say I can place this topic here. I still stand to be corrected though.

Yes, far back as at 2016, I had a plan to setup a mobile payment service module that could help ease transactions and eliminate long queues at the banking halls. Something that could easily ease transactions without stress. I tried to tell a couple of my nerd friends who then, thought that Nigeria might not be ready for such considering the fact that the adoption of online transactions and all that was still trying to gain it's balance in the society. I didn't stop there. I later met with some programmers at least for them to design a mobile interface of what the payment module would look like. I didn't have the amount they billed me then (six figures) so I proposed an equity share of 60-40 after the project must have launched. Well, that part didn't go well cos they needed something concrete and not a potential breakthrough that may never come. I applied to T.E.E.P and was moved to the next phase but did not go beyond there because I didn't have anything concrete to show, "sample of a mobile interface". This broke my heart. So I decided to lookup individual investors and pitch to them but, not much positive results came from that angle except encouragements and modifications on the "idea" (which it was as at then). I started applying the modifications and made it much more better than it's initial idea. Anyways, I applied again on T.E.E.P and this time was applauded but still could not pass that second phase cos I needed to still show something concrete other than a module in a write-up.
Then before you know it, mobile payments adoption started growing fast and started spreading across nooks and crannies even in the rural areas where it is most needed. Since I couldn't get the funds to create the mobile app interface for the project "CashCard" (as I named it then), I decided to stick to my 9 to 5 job and try and manage the proceeds I got from it to carter for my family.
It's just amazing and funny to see the exact module I had for the "CashCard" is the same as that of the new e-Naira. From downloading the app from the app store to, doing your K.Y.C registration to Funding via your bank or Vendor (mobile money agents), to using the funds in the Mobile wallet to make payments for utility services, transfers to the same mobile wallets and to banks, to getting points from funds using the mobile wallet, oooppss!!! did i just type that last part? Well, there were other modifications that I made to the "CashCard" then though, that I am yet to see on the e-Naira.
Well, this where we are. All the same, we thank God for wisdom and ideas.

mods if possible, kindly move to front page. Would love to see the reactions.
@puskin, @naijacutee, @FOD, @dominique
Re: I Had The Enaira Module As Far Back As 2016 by dawnomike(m): 1:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
This can really be painful... Never let go of your creative mind. Better luck status you in the future for other projects.
Re: I Had The Enaira Module As Far Back As 2016 by kinglee007(m): 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2021
dawnomike:
This can really be painful... Never let go of your creative mind. Better luck status you in the future for other projects.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Didn't think I could get a response that quick. Still have one or two up my sleeves though.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Challenges Of Operating Chemist Shop / What Is A Facebook Lookalike Audience / Gold Mining Online Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.