Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? (1924 Views)

What Programming Languages Do You Know? / How Many Programming Languages Do You Know? / Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Newman20(m): 6:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hello thread viewers.

I just finished secondary school this September and I would like to know which Languages I should learn. I would also like to know if I could combine the learning with a competitive subject like law in university without losing grades.

I've already started learning SQL and plan to learn Tableau before getting admitted to university this January but I'm having trouble deciding where to go from there.

Front page would be appreciated if it gets more people to see this post.

Lalasticlala Seun
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Kaodiri15: 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2021
It depends really on what you would like to do with the language you learnt. Different languages are best for different things.
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Newman20(m): 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
Kaodiri15:
It depends really on what you would like to do with the language you learnt.
Different languages are best for different things.

Ok, let's say I want to go into web development. Do I start with front or back end?
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Sheriman(m): 8:52pm On Dec 13, 2021
Newman20:

Ok, let's say I want to go into web development. Do I start with front or back end?
Why can't you learn Kotlin programming language for Android development.
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Newman20(m): 9:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
Sheriman:

Why can't you learn Kotlin programming language for Android development.

Forgive my ignorance I just got into IT recently which and I don't really know the most profitable areas of IT to learn. which is why I'm asking what I should learn.

Please how long would it take to learn the Kotlin?
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Sheriman(m): 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2021
Newman20:

Forgive my ignorance I just got into IT recently which and I don't really know the most profitable areas of IT to learn. which is why I'm asking what I should learn.

Please how long would it take to learn the Kotlin?
Every area is profitable in IT so far you are serious and dedicated to it. Why I suggest Kotlin for you is that there are a lots of documentations, PDFs, Kotlin exercises you can read and practice. Google supported it and they are providing a lot of tools and framework for Android development.

Make your own findings about the language, if you like it, you can start learning the language.
Learning and understanding the basics will take you one year to two though depending on your seriousness and dedication.
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by kennethfranc(m): 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2021
Newman20:

I've already started learning SQL and plan to learn Tableau before getting admitted to university this January but I'm having trouble deciding where to go from there.

I guess you've heard/read the juicy part of Data analyst. Read & research more on web development to get a clue, then return with questions.
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Newman20(m): 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2021
Sheriman:
Every area is profitable in IT so far you are serious and dedicated to it. Why I suggest Kotlin for you is that there are a lots of documentations, PDFs, Kotlin exercises you can read and practice. Google supported it and they are providing a lot of tools and framework for Android development.

Make your own findings about the language, if you like it, you can start learning the language.
Learning and understanding the basics will take you one year to two though depending on your seriousness and dedication.

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Sheriman(m): 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
Newman20:

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.
Hope you have at least 8GB RAM laptop with 256SSD cos Google has upgraded Android Studio and JetBrains also did the same with IntelliJ idea.
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Newman20(m): 10:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
kennethfranc:

I guess you've heard/read the juicy part of Data analyst. Read & research more on web development to get a clue, then return with questions.

Ok, I've done some research. Since I'm learning MYSQL already would it be advisable to start learning other types of back-end web development like Python and Java and pHp or do front-end first like most people?
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Newman20(m): 10:51pm On Dec 13, 2021
Sheriman:

Hope you have at least 8GB RAM laptop with 256SSD cos Google has upgraded Android Studio and JetBrains also did the same with IntelliJ idea.

Nope I use a 4 gb ram laptop with 465 SSD
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by kennethfranc(m): 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2021
Newman20:

Ok, I've done some research. Since I'm learning MYSQL already would it be advisable to start learning other types of back-end web development like Python and Java and pHp or do front-end first like most people?
Jumping to back-end doesn't end well most times so I suggest you start with front-end.
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by von02: 11:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
Newman20:
Hello thread viewers.

I just finished secondary school this September and I would like to know which Languages I should learn. I would also like to know if I could combine the learning with a competitive subject like law in university without losing grades.

Lalasticlala Seun

peacejoylove
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Newman20(m): 11:19pm On Dec 13, 2021
kennethfranc:

Jumping to back-end doesn't end well most times so I suggest you start with front-end.

Ok which front end programming languages would you learn first if you were in my shoes?

I'm trying not to learn any languages I won't use in the future.
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by kennethfranc(m): 1:09am On Dec 14, 2021
Newman20:

Ok which front end programming languages would you learn first if you were in my shoes?

I'm trying not to learn any languages I won't use in the future.
HTML
CSS
JAVASCRIPT
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Newman20(m): 1:19am On Dec 14, 2021
kennethfranc:

HTML
CSS
JAVASCRIPT

How much can I make if I have these languages at my disposal. I mean for salaried jobs.
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Nobody: 3:46am On Dec 14, 2021
Newman20:
Hello thread viewers.

Lalasticlala Seun
Von02, is this guy your son or younger sibling?

Well sir, I have read everything here. I have this to say. I was in engineering when I was encouraged to pick up programming. Imagine, I was provided nothing order than cash to attend a programming school then. I didnt have a computer then because those who encouraged me did not know a computer is essential. I just couldn't navigate what I want to do with it. Anyway, I quit it. I left Nigeria after some years, and I faced C in school. That was my first serious encounter. This was a long time ago ooo. I still didnt understand what exactly it was meant for.

Until I started working that I saw the need. I saw need for Automation (robotics) cos artisans I work with are useless. Also, I read wide, I started seeing the same challenge all over the world. And then, Elon Musk came up with his recent Telsa robots. And he said that "Almost all unskilled activities will be replaced by robots". What does this mean, mainly activities which require our cognitive part of the brain will remain relevant in the next 20 years. Very soon, laborers carrying cements in construction sites will not be available. Police non skilled work will be almost dead except deep invsstigations, restaurant attendants, cashiers in banks, etc. will be eradicated very soon. In short robots will take over almost all repetitive jobs. Jobs that dont require our brains but are repetitive in nature will no longer be available. So, start thinking.

My advise is that you follow big fours and some management consulting quarterly or annually released documents. Usually they release business trends. I read that of McKinsey recently and they wrote about rhe future market place. The whole market place on the internet will change. I believe you understand how Jumia and Konga operate in Nigeria. So, think of Ebay, amazon, and other ecommerce sites you know. Have you ever bought anything from Jumia? If yes, you should know that the first challenge they face is returning of goods. Customers were returning goods they dont like. This is bad for ecommerce sites. Some dont like the colors, sizes, efc they picked. And you know most clothing are from China where standard of production is not followed. 10 different shoes can have size 40 written on them, and they are of different sizes. You buy shoe A and it's ok, and shoe B is too small, shoe C might be too big. And all have 40 on them. Lol. But when you go to a market where you can test the shoes you have no trouble. Right? In the future, there will be virtual testing of products. You can put the shoes or clothings on virtually so that you know how it fits you without having physical access to them before buying. That's tech bro lol.

See, virtually everyone presently not working on the computer will lose his job in 20 years. This is just the case. So, those people who provide alternatives will rule.

But if you ask me exactly what you should learn, I cannot tell you. No one can tell you. Can you predict the business which will be relevant in 20 years? Can you still say Dangote will still be the richest man in 20 years? Will he even be alive? No one knows. We can only take steps day by day as we go with it. And it is why we keep updating ourselves. We keep learning. We keep shaping ourselves.

The reason I have decided to take you on a long talk is cos someone tagged me to answer you. And you are still very young. See, if you are being advised to look into programing, it is good. But from what I am seeing, it is not what you are really exposed to in your secondary school. To me, someone is trying to ask you look into it. If not, you wont even think of law if it's your first passion. No one born to be a coder will ever look into medicine and law. Engineering is still ok. But law and medicine? Nope. But it doesnt mean you cannot do both, but if you have to study law in Nigeria, the truth is that it is almost impossible. The system here is rubbish.

All I am saying is that you have to find your place in it. Even I was in engineering, it took me many years to find my place. And it's because the Nigerian educational system was not structured well in my days. And when I moved abroad, I still couldn't find my bearing. So, I really think the educational system contributed to confusing me, and then, but i faced the reality that i was my own challenge. It was just me. Maybe if I attended high school in the UK or US, I would have entered it earlier. Maybe. I dont know. But I am certain, the system delayed me more.

But guess what? The year I saw where I fit in was my own start. Though, it took a long time, but eventually, I got it. It is called self discovery which gave birth to innovation. It is not exciting until you start enjoying it. Seriously, I dont know how you will enjoy studying law and coding in Nigeria. It is almost impossible. I should be real with you. If you find yourself doing good in it, trust me, you will abandon law. Dont get me wrong...it is ok if you combine the two. But for you to be successful in school studying law in Nigeria, you must pay more attention to law; else, your grades will suffer. No matter how brilliant you are in Nigeria, you will lose focus if you dont focus in law cos the lecturers here are mad set of people..even in private universities, they are same. It will be fine if you are successful in programming after you quit law, but if you are not, your parents may even disown you. The ones who told you to start programing now will not be there for you. And if you study law and you have no job after, you have yourself to blame also. You just keep struggling and then, you are already getting oldschool and newer things are already happening.

This is life. Most advising you here are not even successful in life yet. Lol. They are just telling you to do Kotlin, dats science, bla bla bla, etc..

I do not know how good you are with what you know. You just said you have started learning sql. How you even enjoy doing it is a misery. It's boring without knowing what you need to use it for. No one needs to tell me that you are just pushed into this. It's not what you really desire to so. Or how did you get to know about sql? You dont want to learn what you wont use later, and its sql you started with. Dont get me wrong, computer may be what you like, but there are different aspects. Parents even mix up designing with coding.. they are complete two different areas. I k ow someone who did well with corel draw after secondary school, and went to study computer science. She hated coding so much that her grades were affected. But after school, she rediscovered herself and she is a big game in photography and video making. She is even into 3 d designing now, and then trying to get into building designing. Lol. And her work is on computer even now. 24/7. It's obvious this was what she was meant to do. She should have read architecture, building, sculpture, or art in school.

Find out if you can get any free boot camps around you. See if you can join any technological groups for your peers where they teach coding, building of engineering pieces which involves using electrical circuits (it can be virtual and not necessarily buy real electeical circuits), etc. The aim here is to work with your peer group. It may even be games they will introduce you to first. You may have to play games to understand the trend. If you dont play games, how will you know what gamers like and what should be done? Gat it? This is my point. If you don't knkw the trend of what's happening, how can you build? You must know the trend. You must enjoy it. So, get yourself into a boot camp for your peer group. Dont join older or too young people. Join people of your age and start learning.

If your passion is really in this, why go for law? And if law is your passion, why worry yourself with it now. Just focus on law and somehow when you find a need for it it in law, then go and learn what you need to solve the need in law. It is a simple as this. You aren't in the US UK, or Canada where you can get counselling. Even the counselor here doesnt understand it, or the fellow is hustling to meet ends ...so no time for you.

If you insist on doing something now even without full understanding of what you want to do, pick up a programming language instead of database. SQL is about database and can change anytime. Picking a programming language which we know will be relevant is ok. The aim here is not to just know the language, but to program your brain into how computer program works. When you know a language, you can easily learn another. But the challenge here is that it will not be easy. It is boring. If you dont see the need, it will frustrate you. This is the truth. This is the challenge of many. Since it is boring, they eventually give up.

So, go and try python and see how it goes. If you dont like it, drop it and focus on your law. Honestly, I would have shown you more things but that law you wrote up there is why I cant. Your first passion is not coding. I will just advise you to face your law if really you ask me. But before you do, try python. If you like it, fine...you can continue. But I dont see how you can combine coding and law esp in Nigeria. If you are still in school studying law, trust me, you arent enjoying coding, or you haven't see the real reason to do it. And I know how Nigerian parents are, they will almost kill you for bad grades in school. Even you study computer science or engineering in school, you must limit coding. Those lecturers dont teach new things. They teach crazy old things..and you must pass.

If truly your passion is coding, your best bet is just to leave Nigeria. If not, please focus on law here. When you leave school, you can still enter. Though it will be a bit late but not too late. Still better than losing focus in the uni, your parents disown you, and then that's when life turns upside down for you. This is the story of Nigeria. Stay safe bro.

Goodluck sir!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Newman20(m): 5:08am On Dec 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Well sir, I have read everything here. I have this to say. I was in engineering when I was encouraged to pick up programming. Imagine, I was provided nothing order than cash to attend a programming school then. I didnt have a computer then because those who encouraged me did not know a computer is essential. I just couldn't navigate what I want to do with it. Anyway, I quit it. I left Nigeria after some years, and I faced C in school. That was my first serious encounter. This was a long time ago ooo. I still didnt understand what exactly it was meant for.

Until I started working that I saw the need. I saw need for Automation (robotics) cos artisans I work with are useless. Also, I read wide, I started seeing the same challenge all over the world. And then, Elon Musk came up with his recent Telsa robots. And he said that "Almost all unskilled activities will be replaced by robots". What does this mean, mainly activities which require our cognitive part of the brain will remain relevant in the next 20 years. Very soon, laborers carrying cements in construction sites will not be available. Police non skilled work will be almost dead except deep invsstigations, restaurant attendants, cashiers in banks, etc. will be eradicated very soon. In short robots will take over almost all repetitive jobs. Jobs that dont require our brains but are repetitive in nature will no longer be available. So, start thinking.

My advise is that you follow big fours and some management consulting quarterly or annually released documents. Usually they release business trends. I read that of McKinsey recently and they wrote about rhe future market place. The whole market place on the internet will change. I believe you understand how Jumia and Konga operate in Nigeria. So, think of Ebay, amazon, and other ecommerce sites you know. Have you ever bought anything from Jumia? If yes, you should know that the first challenge they face is returning of goods. Customers were returning goods they dont like. This is bad for ecommerce sites. Some dont like the colors, sizes, efc they picked. And you know most clothing are from China where standard of production is not followed. 10 different shoes can have size 40 written on them, and they are of different sizes. You buy shoe A and it's ok, and shoe B is too small, shoe C might be too big. And all have 40 on them. Lol. But when you go to a market where you can test the shoes you have no trouble. Right? In the future, there will be virtual testing of products. You can put the shoes or clothings on virtually so that you know how it fits you without having physical access to them before buying. That's tech bro lol.

See, virtually everyone presently not working on the computer will lose his job in 20 years. This is just the case. So, those people who provide alternatives will rule.

But if you ask me exactly what you should learn, I cannot tell you. No one can tell you. Can you predict the business which will be relevant in 20 years? Can you still say Dangote will still be the richest man in 20 years? Will he even be alive? No one knows. We can only take steps day by day as we go with it. And it is why we keep updating ourselves. We keep learning. We keep shaping ourselves.

The reason I have decided to take you on a long talk is cos someone tagged me to answer you. And you are still very young. See, if you are being advised to look into programing, it is good. But from what I am seeing, it is not what you are really exposed to in your secondary school. To me, someone is trying to ask you look into it. If not, you wont even think of law if it's your first passion. No one born to be a coder will ever look into medicine and law. Engineering is still ok. But law and medicine? Nope. But it doesnt mean you cannot do both, but if you have to study law in Nigeria, the truth is that it is almost impossible. The system here is rubbish.

All I am saying is that you have to find your place in it. Even I was in engineering, it took me many years to find my place. And it's because the Nigerian educational system was not structured well in my days. And when I moved abroad, I still couldn't find my bearing. So, I really think the educational system contributed to confusing me, and then, but i faced the reality that i was my own challenge. It was just me. Maybe if I attended high school in the UK or US, I would have entered it earlier. Maybe. I don't know. But I am certain, the system delayed me more.

But guess what? The year I saw where I fit in was my own start. Though, it took a long time, but eventually, I got it. It is called self discovery which gave birth to innovation. It is not exciting until you start enjoying it. Seriously, I dont know how you will enjoy studying law and coding in Nigeria. It is almost impossible. I should be real with you. If you find yourself doing good in it, trust me, you will abandon law. Dont get me wrong...it is ok if you combine the two. But for you to be successful in school studying law in Nigeria, you must pay more attention to law; else, your grades will suffer. No matter how brilliant you are in Nigeria, you will lose focus if you dont focus in law cos the lecturers here are mad set of people..even in private universities, they are same. It will be fine if you are successful in programming after you quit law, but if you are not, your parents may even disown you. The ones who told you to start programing now will not be there for you. And if you study law and you have no job after, you have yourself to blame also. You just keep struggling and then, you are already getting oldschool and newer things are already happening.

This is life. Most advising you here are not even successful in life yet. Lol. They are just telling you to do Kotlin, dats science, bla bla bla, etc..

I do not know how good you are with what you know. You just said you have started learning sql. How you even enjoy doing it is a misery. It's boring without knowing what you need to use it for. No one needs to tell me that you are just pushed into this. It's not what you really desire to so. Or how did you get to know about sql? You dont want to learn what you wont use later, and its sql you started with. Dont get me wrong, computer may be what you like, but there are different aspects. Parents even mix up designing with coding.. they are complete two different areas. I k ow someone who did well with corel draw after secondary school, and went to study computer science. She hated coding so much that her grades were affected. But after school, she rediscovered herself and she is a big game in photography and video making. She is even into 3 d designing now, and then trying to get into building designing. Lol. And her work is on computer even now. 24/7. It's obvious this was what she was meant to do. She should have read architecture, building, sculpture, or art in school.

Find out if you can get any free boot camps around you. See if you can join any technological groups for your peers where they teach coding, building of engineering pieces which involves using electrical circuits (it can be virtual and not necessarily buy real electeical circuits), etc. The aim here is to work with your peer group. It may even be games they will introduce you to first. You may have to play games to understand the trend. If you dont play games, how will you know what gamers like and what should be done? Gat it? This is my point. If you don't knkw the trend of what's happening, how can you build? You must know the trend. You must enjoy it. So, get yourself into a boot camp for your peer group. Dont join older or too young people. Join people of your age and start learning.

If your passion is really in this, why go for law? And if law is your passion, why worry yourself with it now. Just focus on law and somehow when you find a need for it it in law, then go and learn what you need to solve the need in law. It is a simple as this. You aren't in the US UK, or Canada where you can get counselling. Even the counselor here doesnt understand it, or the fellow is hustling to meet ends ...so no time for you.

If you insist on doing something now even without full understanding of what you want to do, pick up a programming language instead of database. SQL is about database and can change anytime. Picking a programming language which we know will be relevant is ok. The aim here is not to just know the language, but to program your brain into how computer program works. When you know a language, you can easily learn another. But the challenge here is that it will not be easy. It is boring. If you dont see the need, it will frustrate you. This is the truth. This is the challenge of many. Since it is boring, they eventually give up.

So, go and try python and see how it goes. If you dont like it, drop it and focus on your law. Honestly, I would have shown you more things but that law you wrote up there is why I cant. Your first passion is not coding. I will just advise you to face your law if really you ask me. But before you do, try python. If you like it, fine...you can continue. But I dont see how you can combine coding and law esp in Nigeria. If you are still in school studying law, trust me, you arent enjoying coding, or you haven't see the real reason to do it. And I know how Nigerian parents are, they will almost kill you for bad grades in school. Even you study computer science or engineering in school, you must limit coding. Those lecturers dont teach new things. They teach crazy old things..and you must pass.

If truly your passion is coding, your best bet is just to leave Nigeria. If not, please focus on law here. When you leave school, you can still enter. Though it will be a bit late but not too late. Still better than losing focus in the uni, your parents disown you, and then that's when life turns upside down for you. This is the story of Nigeria. Stay safe bro.

Goodluck sir!

Wow.

I really can't thank you enough for taking the time to read through my post and give me this information. And no, I'm not Von02's relative. I'm Just a Jambite trying not to mess up his life.

If I'm being honest I don't think I have a passion for law. It was suggested by my parents almost immediately after I finished my junior WAEC and I have been doing well with art related courses so far.

The problem is that sitting down, poring thought endless law textbook for a job that might not even be relevant in a few years(due to the unstable nature of the country) doesn't look like something I want to do in the future.

But when it comes to programming I can find myself sitting in front of a computer screen for hours on end without getting tired. At least that's the case for the SQL I've been learning.

I feel like coding is my real passion as it's something I can actually see myself doing in the next 3-4 years. The problem is that I don't know how my parents would react if I told them considering all the trouble I went through to get the admission (lol). They seem to think it's something I can combine with my studies but it's obvious that I can't.

With what you've said maybe I'll just try the python and SQL and just try to get through university without going insane.

Also, thanks for listening to me for this long. smiley

And why did you ask if I was Von02's relative?
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Sheriman(m): 6:25am On Dec 14, 2021
Newman20:

Nope I use a 4 gb ram laptop with 465 SSD
You would not enjoy Android development on a 4GB RAM laptop becos it will be hanging and slowing down your development.
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by LikeAking: 9:38am On Dec 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

All I am saying is that you have to find your place in it. Even I was in engineering, it took me many years to find my place. And it's because the Nigerian educational system was not structured well in my days. And when I moved abroad, I still couldn't find my bearing. So, I really think the educational system contributed to confusing me, and then, but i faced the reality that i was my own challenge. It was just me. Maybe if I attended high school in the UK or US, I would have entered it earlier. Maybe. I dont know. But I am certain, the system delayed me more.

Goodluck sir!

Hmmmm.

Cruise!
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by LikeAking: 9:38am On Dec 14, 2021
Newman20:
Hello thread viewers.

Lalasticlala Seun

Good luck .
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 14, 2021
Newman20:

Wow.

I really can't thank you enough for taking the time to read through my post and give me this information. And no, I'm not Von02's relative. I'm Just a Jambite trying not to mess up his life.
Then, von02 is your God sent sir. Lol. Maybe he has been noticing my posts in the programming section and feels I can give a balanced comment.

If I'm being honest I don't think I have a passion for law. It was suggested by my parents almost immediately after I finished my junior WAEC and I have been doing well with art related courses so far.
Lol. But it's only a suggestion. You didnt say they are forcing it on you. Even my own father stylishly pushed me into engineering. Lol. And I wont say I regret it, but I am too versatile to be restricted to engineering. And thank God I found my way out of Nigeria. Seriously, I would have been messed up. This was a long time ago ooo. I am not young, and my father is presently an octogenarian.

But if you dont study that law, you may even have challenges with them. Lol. That's how complicated Nigerian parents are. Lol. And the truth is that they still feel what works in their days is what is still working. Lol. You need a lot of wisdom.

The problem is that sitting down, poring thought endless law textbook for a job that might not even be relevant in a few years(due to the unstable nature of the country) doesn't look like something I want to do in the future.
If your parents are the well doing type who can sponsor you, I know what to tell you. And if you are not afraid to start learning new things regardless of your age, you should follow my advice. Ok?

But when it comes to programming I can find myself sitting in front of a computer screen for hours on end without getting tired. At least that's the case for the SQL I've been learning. [quote]
Hmmm! This is lovely. Then, meaning you enjoy SQL. This is impressive. OK. Fine. Nice one.

[quote]
I feel like coding is my real passion as it's something I can actually see myself doing in the next 3-4 years. The problem is that I don't know how my parents would react if I told them considering all the trouble I went through to get the admission (lol). They seem to think it's something I can combine with my studies but it's obvious that I can't.
Oh. It seems you are already studying law. Wow. Ok. They are aware you are passionate about programming too? Wow? I had to read your opening paragraph where you called yourself a jambite. Lol.

With what you've said maybe I'll just try the python and SQL and just try to get through university without going insane.

Also, thanks for listening to me for this long. smiley

And why did you ask if I was Von02's relative?
You mean you enjoy sql?

Hey...answer the following question:

1. Is Law your present course of study?

2. Is your university private or public?

3. Do your parents support you combining computer with your present course of study?

4. Can you start new things regardless or your age? Are you motivated to start new things? Donyou see yourself having teo masters degree if there is need for it?

5. Did anyone of your parents study outside Nigeria?
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Newman20(m): 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Then, von02 is your God sent sir. Lol. Maybe he has been noticing my posts in the programming section and feels I can give a balanced comment.

Lol. But it's only a suggestion. You didnt say they are forcing it on you. Even my own father stylishly pushed me into engineering. Lol. And I wont say I regret it, but I am too versatile to be restricted to engineering. And thank God I found my way out of Nigeria. Seriously, I would have been messed up. This was a long time ago ooo. I am not young, and my father is presently an octogenarian.

But if you dont study that law, you may even have challenges with them. Lol. That's how complicated Nigerian parents are. Lol. And the truth is that they still feel what works in their days is what is still working. Lol. You need a lot of wisdom.

If your parents are the well doing type who can sponsor you, I know what to tell you. And if you are not afraid to start learning new things regardless of your age, you should follow my advice. Ok?

1. Sorry for the confusion. I've already been admitted but university resumes around January, barring any unforseen circumstances.

2. Public university

3. Yeah, they're in support of the combination.

4. If it means I get a chance to increase my skills, then yes.

5. My dad has given a few lectures and speeches outside Nigeria.
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:00pm On Dec 14, 2021
You just finished secondary school. If you can, go for a degree in computer science.

I wouldn't even bother with languages at your age. From your post, it seems your parents are well to do. I would instead focus on the fundamentals of computer science than languages, tool or frameworks.

1 Like

Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2021
Newman20:

1. Sorry for the confusion. I've already been admitted but university resumes around January, barring any unforseen circumstances.

2. Public university

3. Yeah, they're in support of the combination.

4. If it means I get a chance to increase my skills, then yes.

5. My dad has given a few lectures and speeches outside Nigeria.
Based on your answers, this is my suggestion:

Put 100% attention in law. Law is cognitive tasked. My minor is international law. I draft international contracts too. It will always be relevant forever. Coding is for your early days. You will see the benefits of law later in life. See, big men are doing law at old age ooo. Look at Dino Melaye, he went back to do law. Most american presidents are either lawyers or military guys. Lol. Those who studied political science only work under them, but it doesnt mean they also cannot run for a public office. Law is a nobel course. Please, put 100% attention in it. Just do all the old stuff. And there is nothing old in law ooo. The older the wine, the better it is in law. You are going to school to sharpen your brain. Honestly, if I have a kid who can think, no matter what, I will always encourage such to do law. But I wont stop there cos I know it's just getting started. You may not use law to eat at the start of your life, but it's an added advantage for you.

Finish with first class if possible, and go for law school. Do your NYSC if possible. During your NYSC is when you start getting really serious to change.

Guy, just use your law and travel to the US or Canada for masters. That's it. You are free to abandon your course, or endure it and then start your life afresh in there.

If you focus on computer now, you will miss it. Most Nigerians you see with second class Lower and then they started making A grades for their post graduate actually did not have settled mind in Naija. This is the truth.

The key to making it in technology is leaving Nigeria ooo. Your best cannot come out in Nigeria. Your best will come out when you are abroad. Trust me. You are not late. You will never be late. That law is a big plus for you. And for you to travel abroad and have a smooth life, go with a student visa.

Listen, by the time you finish law, you will be more matured. You can easily know what you want to do with coding. You can start coding for lawyers, or you can do other things. The way you think will be different from the normal computer boy whose life is on the computer 24/7. The business part of it, you can easily pick up. But the huge plus is that you can think deeply with law.

Right now, just pick up python. It's easy. Do not stress yourself ooo. Study it less. You can devote your time on it now that you have not started school. And then, on holidays, you can focus more. But as soon as school resumes, please bros....put it aside ooo. Just forget it. Go for the grade. First class. You have just 5 to 6 years to wrap off with schooling and law school. Time flies. This is the best advice you can get from anyone.

The only challenge ahead is Public universities and strikes. Hmmmm. This is the only hurdle you have tonl cross. It was why I asked if your school is private or public.

Go for first class sir. When you do this, you open doors of opportunities. Next is to fly out. Masters in law. You can still endure it. Finish it. And cut out to coding. When you get there, it is very easy to combine your masters program and coding.

Look at Reno Omokri. He has masters in law, and you can see how intelligent he debates. He works as a political strategist. I dont think he has really used his law certs to do something in that line. And now, he has started moving into big men's game - trading, tech businesses, real estate, tourism, mentorship, etc. And one of his twins is good with coding.

Just know that full time coding starts from your NYSC days. And move out of Nigeria immediately after NYSC. Your chance of going out is high if you have a first class or a strong upper. Masters in law in Canada is very cheap. That should be your first choice. And then, you start looking into capital ventures and Angel investors in Canada to set your tech company. If you sxrew up your grades, mehn..you won't like yourself. Visa is hard to get these days.

If you are good with maths, pick up artificial intelligence or data science. In fact, keep my moniker. When the time comes, just send me a message. I will give you the syllabus for Data Science and Articifial Intelligence. Check out my thread on data science and artificial intelligence. You will learn the following:

Programming: Python, R. (Focus on Python for now)

Statistics and some maths. Calculus, algebra, probability, etc

Machine learning. This is the basis of data science and artificial intelligence

Deep Learning

And then flow with whatever is in the world.

Listen sir, you cannot do the above now. But just take a look at them. Look at what they entail.

Google the following:
Using Artificial Intelligence to trade
Artificial intelligence and self driving
Robots
One piece flow production
Future marketplace
Programming and games
Top 10 careers in 2021

Look into the following:
Block chain technology
Data science
Robotic engineering
Artificial intelligence
Machine learning engineering
Product engineer
3d design
3d house printing
3d and prototyping
Lean Business
Agile business

There are many things I can go on and on. See, the future is bright and wide. For now, go get 1st class in law.

The future is artificial intelligence (machine learning and deep learning), blockchain technology, automation, and 3d designs. The following will shape the next 50 to 100 years. Trust me....you will meet them even in web development. 3d will be intensely used in websites. You can imagine the virtual world. Gaming is virtual and its 3d tech. Sir, the next 50 years is gonna be interesting. See eh. Anyone without tech skills will want to die fast. This is the trust. The world will be a pain in the butt for such person.

God bless sir.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Newman20(m): 2:38pm On Dec 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Based on your answers, this is my suggestion:

Put 100% attention in law. Law is cognitive tasked. My minor is international law. I draft international contracts too. It will always be relevant forever. Coding is for your early days. You will see the benefits of law later in life. See, big men are doing law at old age ooo. Look at Dino Melaye, he went back to do law. Most american presidents are either lawyers or military guys. Lol. Those who studied political science only work under them, but it doesnt mean they also cannot run for a public office. Law is a nobel course. Please, put 100% attention in it. Just do all the old stuff. And there is nothing old in law ooo. The older the wine, the better it is in law. You are going to school to sharpen your brain. Honestly, if I have a kid who can think, no matter what, I will always encourage such to do law. But I wont stop there cos I know it's just getting started. You may not use law to eat at the start of your life, but it's an added advantage for you.

Finish with first class if possible, and go for law school. Do your NYSC if possible. During your NYSC is when you start getting really serious to change.

Guy, just use your law and travel to the US or Canada for masters. That's it. You are free to abandon your course, or endure it and then start your life afresh in there.

If you focus on computer now, you will miss it. Most Nigerians you see with second class Lower and then they started making A grades for their post graduate actually did not have settled mind in Naija. This is the truth.

The key to making it in technology is leaving Nigeria ooo. Your best cannot come out in Nigeria. Your best will come out when you are abroad. Trust me. You are not late. You will never be late. That law is a big plus for you. And for you to travel abroad and have a smooth life, go with a student visa.

Listen, by the time you finish law, you will be more matured. You can easily know what you want to do with coding. You can start coding for lawyers, or you can do other things. The way you think will be different from the normal computer boy whose life is on the computer 24/7. The business part of it, you can easily pick up. But the huge plus is that you can think deeply with law.

Right now, just pick up python. It's easy. Do not stress yourself ooo. Study it less. You can devote your time on it now that you have not started school. And then, on holidays, you can focus more. But as soon as school resumes, please bros....put it aside ooo. Just forget it. Go for the grade. First class. You have just 5 to 6 years to wrap off with schooling and law school. Time flies. This is the best advice you can get from anyone.

The only challenge ahead is Public universities and strikes. Hmmmm. This is the only hurdle you have tonl cross. It was why I asked if your school is private or public.

Go for first class sir. When you do this, you open doors of opportunities. Next is to fly out. Masters in law. You can still endure it. Finish it. And cut out to coding. When you get there, it is very easy to combine your masters program and coding.

Look at Reno Omokri. He has masters in law, and you can see how intelligent he debates. He works as a political strategist. I dont think he has really used his law certs to do something in that line. And now, he has started moving into big men's game - trading, tech businesses, real estate, tourism, mentorship, etc. And one of his twins is good with coding.

Just know that full time coding starts from your NYSC days. And move out of Nigeria immediately after NYSC. Your chance of going out is high if you have a first class or a strong upper. Masters in law in Canada is very cheap. That should be your first choice. And then, you start looking into capital ventures and Angel investors in Canada to set your tech company. If you sxrew up your grades, mehn..you won't like yourself. Visa is hard to get these days.

If you are good with maths, pick up artificial intelligence or data science. In fact, keep my moniker. When the time comes, just send me a message. I will give you the syllabus for Data Science and Articifial Intelligence. Check out my thread on data science and artificial intelligence. You will learn the following:

Programming: Python, R. (Focus on Python for now)

Statistics and some maths. Calculus, algebra, probability, etc

Machine learning. This is the basis of data science and artificial intelligence

Deep Learning

And then flow with whatever is in the world.

Listen sir, you cannot do the above now. But just take a look at them. Look at what they entail.

Google the following:
Using Artificial Intelligence to trade
Artificial intelligence and self driving
Robots
One piece flow production
Future marketplace
Programming and games
Top 10 careers in 2021

Look into the following:
Block chain technology
Data science
Robotic engineering
Artificial intelligence
Machine learning engineering
Product engineer
3d design
3d house printing
3d and prototyping
Lean Business
Agile business

There are many things I can go on and on. See, the future is bright and wide. For now, go get 1st class in law.

The future is artificial intelligence (machine learning and deep learning), blockchain technology, automation, and 3d designs. The following will shape the next 50 to 100 years. Trust me....you will meet them even in web development. 3d will be intensely used in websites. You can imagine the virtual world. Gaming is virtual and its 3d tech. Sir, the next 50 years is gonna be interesting. See eh. Anyone without tech skills will want to die fast. This is the trust. The world will be a pain in the butt for such person.

God bless sir.

Oh, I didn't know I was chatting with an experienced lawyer. That explains your amazing writing skills.

With what you've said I think I'm clear on what I'm going to do. Finish university (preferably with a first class) then travel put and pursue my tech dream. The problem is that I don't want to be too late to the tech party when I come out of university. But with what you've said, I'll make sure to put my 100% attention into getting a first class in law then maybe I'll contact you in the next 5-6 years and see what I can do from there.

Thanks once more for contributing to my thread. I don't know many people who would take their time to advise me like this.

God bless You ma.
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by kennethfranc(m): 3:18pm On Dec 14, 2021
Newman20:

How much can I make if I have these languages at my disposal. I mean for salaried jobs.
This your question Sha ...

Once you're good at them, you will be far more better than you are presently
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
Newman20:

Oh, I didn't know I was chatting with an experienced lawyer. That explains your amazing writing skills.

With what you've said I think I'm clear on what I'm going to do. Finish university (preferably with a first class) then travel put and pursue my tech dream. The problem is that I don't want to be too late to the tech party when I come out of university. But with what you've said, I'll make sure to put my 100% attention into getting a first class in law then maybe I'll contact you in the next 5-6 years and see what I can do from there.

Thanks once more for contributing to my thread. I don't know many people who would take their time to advise me like this.

God bless You ma.

Let me explain the highlighted part. The mistake I made was that I focused too much in those days computer stuff too early. Hehehe. Java was out. I needed to quickly cash out from it. Na lie. Sir, relax. That you know python does not mean it will be what will make you successful. Something else may even come out later. At this stage sir, you want to build your cognitive part of your brain. What is paramount now is to follow the trend, and keep repositioning yourself till you are ready.

If you are from a home you need to hustle hard, I know how to advise you. But your parents are ready to sponsor you. Just take this path. It is the easiest for you. See, all you need to do is learn what is the latest when you are ready. The concept remains same. You can never be late.

Tech is about creating opportunities by solving problems. There will always be problems to solve. When you are ready, you create yours. And you can be ready when you get out these African hurdles which I know will stop you. Number 1 is your green passport. Number two is government. Different policies. Number three is your family. So, you cannot dive into tech now since you dont have the means to sponsor yourself. If you have your own cash, trust me, I may tell you to apply for BSc in the US and leave now. But you dont want to stop the source of your income. Your parents are the source of your income now. Follow this path. And more so, it is not a waste. You will be grateful in the future.

See, the day you are about to start is the day you have arrived. You cannot be late.

The only condition for lateness is when the brain has diminished and one is not ready to learn again. At my age I am not afraid to even apply for internship positions to learn new skills. This is me. But it's too late for many in my age category cos they cant do it again. Can a 70 year old man return to secondary school? Of course it is possible if the man can go, but it is too late cos the zeal to return is not there for 99.9999% 70 years old men and women out there who are illiterates. Hope you get me. But if the person is determined, it is not too late. There is the story of a 65 years old granny who returned to primary school in kenya. I read about the woman last year or so.

Frankly speaking, it is too late when we die. Where there is life, there is hope. Can you imagine? Even at age 80, it's possible for women to have babies, and the tech will keep getting better. Lol. Women without wombs can have their babies now.

Do you know what it will take for people already in their 40s to start using tiktok? Lol. You may not have facebook account, or you might have abandoned it...lol. facebook knows too. From the recent research they have realised that kids are more into instagram. It is the era of video. Lol. And they know facebook may go down soon. So the company met and changed the name of their main company from facebook to Meta. If you check your whatsapp, its meta you will see and not face book. Just like how Larry page quickly changed the main company from google to xyz. Now, I am talking the business area now. Can you see where law will help you? It is wide. And you are just getting started. I see the future where reading will no longer be compulsory. Books will be out of it soon. It will be videos and audios. Lol.

Can you tell Warren Buffet to build a tech business at his age? Bill Gates can still, but not Mr Warren. Lol.

So, the party is everlasting. Trend changes. The most important is to be at the top of the trend and change with it. Look at those people who sell newspapers, I dont know if you are old enough to experience them. In my days, it was sports newspapers we took to school and we would argue about our favorite footballers. Oh...Segun Odegbami was the gee. All from ppapers Our parents would gather then at newspapers posts and argued. Till the days of Okacha still newspapers. But now everything has moved online. And see how those vendors are jobless. They all moved into security jobs. Now, the days are coming that robots will be securities. Robots will be carrying loads for people. Robots will attend to us when we go to grocery stores. Robots will build homes and people will never die again under any collapsed buildings. Robots are already taxi drivers abroad. Can you ever imagine that robots will drive you even at 100km per hour speed? Ah! Rough play! Say wetin? Make a enter an invisible driver and the speed is 120km/hr. My enemies dey craze? Lol

Sir when you get abroad, the party has just started. You are in a world you can make it.

Please, research Estonia. That's a former USSR nation. Look at tech business there. That's an outstanding place to relocate to. UK is so mad withbrech that they are ready to pick anyone from anywhere.

So, you cannot be late even in the next 20 years sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Newman20(m): 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Let me explain the highlighted part. The mistake I made was that I focused too much in those days computer stuff too early. Hehehe. Java was out. I needed to quickly cash out from it. Na lie. Sir, relax. That you know python does not mean it will be what will make you successful. Something else may even come out later. At this stage sir, you want to build your cognitive part of your brain. What is paramount now is to follow the trend, and keep repositioning yourself till you are ready.

If you are from a home you need to hustle hard, I know how to advise you. But your parents are ready to sponsor you. Just take this path. It is the easiest for you. See, all you need to do is learn what is the latest when you are ready. The concept remains same. You can never be late.

Tech is about creating opportunities by solving problems. There will always be problems to solve. When you are ready, you create yours. And you can be ready when you get out these African hurdles which I know will stop you. Number 1 is your green passport. Number two is government. Different policies. Number three is your family. So, you cannot dive into tech now since you dont have the means to sponsor yourself. If you have your own cash, trust me, I may tell you to apply for BSc in the US and leave now. But you dont want to stop the source of your income. Your parents are the source of your income now. Follow this path. And more so, it is not a waste. You will be grateful in the future.

See, the day you are about to start is the day you have arrived. You cannot be late.

The only condition for lateness is when the brain has diminished and one is not ready to learn again. At my age I am not afraid to even apply for internship positions to learn new skills. This is me. But it's too late for many in my age category cos they cant do it again. Can a 70 year old man return to secondary school? Of course it is possible if the man can go, but it is too late cos the zeal to return is not there for 99.9999% 70 years old men and women out there who are illiterates. Hope you get me. But if the person is determined, it is not too late. There is the story of a 65 years old granny who returned to primary school in kenya. I read about the woman last year or so.

Frankly speaking, it is too late when we die. Where there is life, there is hope. Can you imagine? Even at age 80, it's possible for women to have babies, and the tech will keep getting better. Lol. Women without wombs can have their babies now.

Do you know what it will take for people already in their 40s to start using tiktok? Lol. You may not have facebook account, or you might have abandoned it...lol. facebook knows too. From the recent research they have realised that kids are more into instagram. It is the era of video. Lol. And they know facebook may go down soon. So the company met and changed the name of their main company from facebook to Meta. If you check your whatsapp, its meta you will see and not face book. Just like how Larry page quickly changed the main company from google to xyz. Now, I am talking the business area now. Can you see where law will help you? It is wide. And you are just getting started. I see the future where reading will no longer be compulsory. Books will be out of it soon. It will be videos and audios. Lol.

Can you tell Warren Buffet to build a tech business at his age? Bill Gates can still, but not Mr Warren. Lol.

So, the party is everlasting. Trend changes. The most important is to be at the top of the trend and change with it. Look at those people who sell newspapers, I dont know if you are old enough to experience them. In my days, it was sports newspapers we took to school and we would argue about our favorite footballers. Oh...Segun Odegbami was the gee. All from ppapers Our parents would gather then at newspapers posts and argued. Till the days of Okacha still newspapers. But now everything has moved online. And see how those vendors are jobless. They all moved into security jobs. Now, the days are coming that robots will be securities. Robots will be carrying loads for people. Robots will attend to us when we go to grocery stores. Robots will build homes and people will never die again under any collapsed buildings. Robots are already taxi drivers abroad. Can you ever imagine that robots will drive you even at 100km per hour speed? Ah! Rough play! Say wetin? Make a enter an invisible driver and the speed is 120km/hr. My enemies dey craze? Lol

Sir when you get abroad, the party has just started. You are in a world you can make it.

Please, research Estonia. That's a former USSR nation. Look at tech business there. That's an outstanding place to relocate to. UK is so mad withbrech that they are ready to pick anyone from anywhere.

So, you cannot be late even in the next 20 years sir.

Thanks for the advice ma. I'll make sure to concentrate 100% on my studies and not rush blindly.

I have a question tho? Are there any languages I can learn to at least take care of myself while I'm in university as my parents are becoming less financially dependable by the day.

I know python is among them but will it be enough? And when I learn them, how can I make money from them?

I just need something to use to hold myself until graduation.
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2021
Newman20:

Thanks for the advice ma. I'll make sure to concentrate 100% on my studies and not rush blindly.

I have a question tho? Are there any languages I can learn to at least take care of myself while I'm in university as my parents are becoming less financially dependable by the day.

I know python is among them but will it be enough? And when I learn them, how can I make money from them?

I just need something to use to hold myself until graduation.

Programming is deep. If you want to make a first class in a Nigerian institution, my advise is that you focus 100% on your studies. Just forget hustling for now.

But if you want to hustle, hmmmm....and you are ready to get second class lower, then you may look into web development. And these days, you need to learn front end and back end. To be able to secure a job, you need full time study for at least 1 good year. And you keep learning. Honestly, this will disturb your education. Mt advice is: learn coding not to get job. now cos its tasking. Web development is also coding.

If you want to Eden money online, your friends in school will show you. If I want to earn easy money, believe me, it's a teenager to max of 23 years I would call today. And online marketing jobs are what is there now. Many of them knkw how to use chatting apps to market.

If you are very good with writing, you can enter content writing. What it involves are: ability to research a topic, and then using seo to rank it. So, its writng + seo skills. That it. But you need to do internship God some time to get in. It's easy to get started, but landing your first job is tough.

Also, there is growth and performance marketing. Google the phrase. Google analytical tools, PPC (pay per click), Facebook, Instagram tiktok marketing, etc. These are skills you get involved with and build over a period of time. If you can breakthrough, you will make massive income for a long period of time.

Also, you should google website conversion rate Optimization. There are tools used in this area too. If you can master these tools and position yourself well, you may land a good job.

The issue is that you must be really skillful to get jobs in this area. But I know that there are many other ways to make money online but teenagers know these things more.

Sir, when you get to school and you mix up very well, boys will show you many ways.

But avoid yahoo oooo. See, if is very lucrative if you get into it and have someone good to pilot you, but the end is nasty. Dont ever near it.

So, web development if you can afford to accept second class lower worth some carry overs. Law is not easy ooo. Igs law you are going for. You will be given cases that you will need to memorize esp when writing exams. Many things you dont need to memorize, those lecturers will make you memorize them to pass their exams. There are many tests you will do.

Honestly, it is not worth it. If your dad and mom can give you small pocket money, believe me, take it. And just close your eyes. If you can quickly acquire any of these skills I have listed above before you enter school, good for you. But landing job isnt easy also.

Generally, texhbiang easy the way pepper say it. The competition is getting higher. It is brain tasking.
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by Newman20(m): 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Programming is deep. If you want to make a first class in a Nigerian institution, my advise is that you focus 100% on your studies. Just forget hustling for now.

But if you want to hustle, hmmmm....and you are ready to get second class lower, then you may look into web development. And these days, you need to learn front end and back end. To be able to secure a job, you need full time study for at least 1 good year. And you keep learning. Honestly, this will disturb your education. Mt advice is: learn coding not to get job. now cos its tasking. Web development is also coding.

If you want to Eden money online, your friends in school will show you. If I want to earn easy money, believe me, it's a teenager to max of 23 years I would call today. And online marketing jobs are what is there now. Many of them knkw how to use chatting apps to market.

If you are very good with writing, you can enter content writing. What it involves are: ability to research a topic, and then using seo to rank it. So, its writng + seo skills. That it. But you need to do internship God some time to get in. It's easy to get started, but landing your first job is tough.

Also, there is growth and performance marketing. Google the phrase. Google analytical tools, PPC (pay per click), Facebook, Instagram tiktok marketing, etc. These are skills you get involved with and build over a period of time. If you can breakthrough, you will make massive income for a long period of time.

Also, you should google website conversion rate Optimization. There are tools used in this area too. If you can master these tools and position yourself well, you may land a good job.

The issue is that you must be really skillful to get jobs in this area. But I know that there are many other ways to make money online but teenagers know these things more.

Sir, when you get to school and you mix up very well, boys will show you many ways.

But avoid yahoo oooo. See, if is very lucrative if you get into it and have someone good to pilot you, but the end is nasty. Dont ever near it.

So, web development if you can afford to accept second class lower worth some carry overs. Law is not easy ooo. Igs law you are going for. You will be given cases that you will need to memorize esp when writing exams. Many things you dont need to memorize, those lecturers will make you memorize them to pass their exams. There are many tests you will do.

Honestly, it is not worth it. If your dad and mom can give you small pocket money, believe me, take it. And just close your eyes. If you can quickly acquire any of these skills I have listed above before you enter school, good for you. But landing job isnt easy also.

Generally, texhbiang easy the way pepper say it. The competition is getting higher. It is brain tasking.

Ok, seems like I'll have to abandon coding when I'll enter uni so I can make first class. That's what I'll go with.

Thank you so much ma

God bless you
Re: Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? by harveyosho1(m): 6:36pm On Dec 14, 2021
Newman20:

Well u can do both... u can be a full stack developer.... on the front end html and css is a breeze thanks to bootstrap... it get easier.... well u obviously need to learn javascript, actually it not hard. Learn functions, methods . If u can dedicate ur time u would be able to manipulate svg on the Web page do other mundane task on d page..... well for backend development.... well the trend is dat professional developers aren't using d f*cked up language anymore (PHP) I don't even use it... I wouldn't recommend cus outside of Web development.... it doesn't exist anywhere compared to high-level language like python/cython, javascript, kotlin, c++, so if u are up to the task u can learn some of the framework for python web deveopment... like flask, django and tornado, I use flask by the way... I haven't gotten a project dat needs the heavy lifting of django. But if u prefer using javascript(if u ve already learnt front end) express.js on top on node.js is recomendable... the good thing is dat u can't really go wrong with dis two language, as they are general purpose language. Happy coding!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Experience Using An AMD Based System / Do We Have Any Hosted Nigerian Open Source Project One Can Contribute To? / Going Into Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 268
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.