Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

How Many Programming Languages Do You Know? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Many Programming Languages Do You Know? (619 Views)

What Programming Languages Do You Know? / Which Programming Languages Do I Learn? / Meet The Man That Knows So Many Programming Languages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Programming Languages Do You Know? by Chuky7(m): 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2021
Or how many do I need to know to be as qualified as ever in this field.

Please share how many you have learnt so far? planning on learning? get you best jobs?

Thanks
Re: How Many Programming Languages Do You Know? by spartan117(m): 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2021
I "know" many languages. But the languages I'm proficient (production level) in is JavaScript and SQL (major), Python (minor).

Though I recently made it a goal to learn a new language and a framework to go with it every year. For this year it looks like I might be going with C#/.Net.

Question for the senior devs in the house:
Coming from a JavaScript background which language will be better to learn C# or Java?

1 Like

Re: How Many Programming Languages Do You Know? by Barbsamiin: 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2021
OP, what class of dev do you mean,
Junior dev, senior dev or fullstack developer?
Re: How Many Programming Languages Do You Know? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 03, 2021
C, C++, C#, Javascript. I'm only good in javascript and C, I haven't used C# for a long time.

1 Like

Re: How Many Programming Languages Do You Know? by Lagoon0: 7:54pm On Feb 03, 2021
C++/C, PHP/laravel , JavaScript/jquery, mysql

Lol I thought I know much , just little shocked

edited: maybe because I also went into embedded C , that field is very much brain consuming
Re: How Many Programming Languages Do You Know? by Telegram234(m): 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2021
spartan117:
I "know" many languages. But the languages I'm proficient (production level) in is JavaScript and SQL (major), Python (minor).

Though I recently made it a goal to learn a new language and a framework to go with it every year. For this year it looks like I might be going with C#/.Net.

Question for the senior devs in the house:
Coming from a JavaScript background which language will be better to learn C# or Java?

Bro I still don't get it.
Why is it that almost all programmers study JavaScript to the fullest, leaving python behind?
Re: How Many Programming Languages Do You Know? by spartan117(m): 7:17am On Feb 04, 2021
Telegram234:

Bro I still don't get it.
Why is it that almost all programmers study JavaScript to the fullest, leaving python behind?
I don't think almost all programmers do this. But web developers usually study JavaScript in depth. I started programming with Python but had to switch to JavaScript due to my career focus on web development.

By the way Python is still more popular than JavaScript.
Re: How Many Programming Languages Do You Know? by Karleb(m): 9:28am On Feb 05, 2021
spartan117:

I don't think almost all programmers do this. But web developers usually study JavaScript in depth. I started programming with Python but had to switch to JavaScript due to my career focus on web development.

By the way Python is still more popular than JavaScript.

You say what?

1 Like

Re: How Many Programming Languages Do You Know? by spartan117(m): 10:40am On Feb 05, 2021
Karleb:

You say what?
A quick google search will suffice.
Re: How Many Programming Languages Do You Know? by Karleb(m): 10:41am On Feb 05, 2021
spartan117:
A quick google search will suffice.
It won't.
I don't need Google to tell you Js is more popular.

1 Like

Re: How Many Programming Languages Do You Know? by Xperienx(m): 8:31am On Feb 06, 2021
Karleb:

It won't.

I don't need Google to tell you Js is more popular.

Guy, the matter weak me self grin

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Answer To This Question / What Is The Cost Of Building An MVP Version Of Your Mobile App? / Java Spring Boot Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.