Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

How To Cultivate A Good Reading Habit: Ultimate Guide For Starters - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / How To Cultivate A Good Reading Habit: Ultimate Guide For Starters (243 Views)

Reading Habit Enhancement / How To Cultivate Your Reading Habit. / How To Improve Your Reading Habit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Cultivate A Good Reading Habit: Ultimate Guide For Starters by Demiladeola1(m): 7:49pm On Dec 13, 2021
In this busy world, you wonder why anyone would waste their time on books.

At the same time, you envy these time-wasters and wish that you could share their passion.

But that's not all.

You have tried to follow in their footsteps but reading got boring after a few paragraphs.

You forced yourself to continue. You feigned concentration. You read sentences over and over again. But somehow you just can't connect with the words.

The enthusiasm died off as quickly as you started and your reading process, once again, ended with the sinking realization that reading would never be your thing.

I used to feel this same way.

I used to feel bad about myself because I considered people who read special.

Until eventually, a book changed my story.

A new world opened up for me. I built strong connections with real and imaginary people across the world. My focus improved. My world view became vast, and my thought process grew deeper. Indeed, I was right all along- READERS ARE SPECIAL.

Do you want to develop the habit of reading?

"To acquire the habit of reading is to construct for yourself a refuge from almost all the miseries of life." -- W. Somerset Maugham

Here are tips to help you cultivate a consistent reading habit.

https://www.akinyemiabdulmalik.com.ng/2021/12/how-to-develop-good-reading-habit.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Free Training On How Attract The Right People To Your Business / Need A Content Writer / Powerful Motivational Quotes On Mental Health|very Powerful Quotes On Mental Hea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.