Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,080 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road (10605 Views)

FG Moves NIMC To Ministry Of Interior For Efficiency. / RCCG Apologises To Fashola, Ministry Over Petition On Ife-Ifewara Road / Keyamo Redeployed To Ministry Of Labour And Productivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by Tabithatim: 10:06pm On Dec 13, 2021
A commercial tricycle rider, Mr Emmanuel Akachukwu, on Sunday apologized to the Enugu State Ministry of Transport over his beating of the traffic and misconduct on Presidential Road within Enugu metropolis.

Akachukwu tendered the apology when Chairman of Association of Tricycle Riders Transport Union in Enugu State, Mr Benjamin Ikah and ministry officials held a meeting to understand what lead to his collapsing and being rushed to a hospital on Friday, Dec. 10.

The tricycle rider, while kneeing to apologise, said: “I can see from the video recording that I beat the traffic by passing when the traffic light is already red. I sincerely apologise for my negative conduct.

“I am assuring the ministry and the state government that I will not constitute nuisances and social disruption on the road any more. I was not extorted as a version of the incident story ongoing in the social media allegedly said.

“Rather I will quietly come to the ministry’s headquarters and lay my complaint to superior officers that will definitely listen to me”.

Earlier, Ikah thanked the ministry for taking care of all Akachukwu medical bills notwithstanding that he caused the complication leading to his hospitalisation after he alleged collapsed when he was stubborn while moving his impounded tricycle to the ministry.

The chairman, however, appealed to the ministry to rescind its decision in taking the matter to court, adding that the tricycle association and the ministry had continued to have an harmonious relationship over the years.

According to him, I have seen the video clip of the incident and how it initially started. My member is at fault and should have followed the ministry traffic officers to their office or call me to resolve this issue immediately.

“The association has enjoyed robust relationship with Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi and we see him as the best friendly governor to commercial tricycle operators in the history of the state.

“We are apologizing and same time appealing to the ministry to find a way to forgive Akachukwu and close this negative incident in the interest of moving the state forward and continuing our relationship,” Ikah said.

Responding, the Permanent Secretary of the state’s Ministry of Transport, Mr Ogbonna Idike, noted that the ministry officials did their job professionally and showed him video recording of him beating the traffic politely.

According to him, what was represented by an online publication by coalition of right group in a newspaper over the incident was a complete misinformation as the ministry officials did their job professionally and with politeness.

“There was no issue of extortion as clarified in Akachukwu’s testimony; no one beat him and just that he was being gradually held for his tricycle to be towed and he allegedly fainted,” he said.

Idike said that the ministry had heard plea of Akachukwu and Ikah, adding: “I have directed that Akachukwu’s tricycle should be released free-of-charge and every tricycle rider in this meeting will have a free booklet of the state road rules and code”.

Meanwhile, Idike said that the state will launch its “Operation Free Flow of Traffic in Yuletide” on Dec. 15, 2021 and it would run to Jan. 5, 2022.

He noted that the ministry would carry out the operation in collaboration with Federal Road Safety Corps, police and NSCDC as well as some council areas providing Neighbourhood Watch and Forest Guard officials to join to ensure hitch-free traffic.

“We have already trained 200 officials from Neighbourhood Watch and Forest Guard officials in some council areas to join our 314 ministry traffic control officers for the special operation meant to keep traffic flowing in all routes in the state.

“The ministry is providing the 200 officials with a marked out reflective jacket for them to be easily identified as traffic officials during this yuletide,” he said.

https://theadvocatengr.com/news/9652-Collapsed-Tricycle-rider-apologises-to-ministry-over-misconduct-on-Enugu-road

4 Likes

Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 13, 2021
Fake news

There is no igbo man riding tricycle in Enugu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by ChiefSosa(m): 10:11pm On Dec 13, 2021
I sincerely apologise for my negative conduct.

“I am assuring the ministry and the state government that I will not constitute nuisances and social disruption on the road any more. I was not extorted as a version of the incident story ongoing in the social media allegedly said.
“Rather I will quietly come to the ministry’s headquarters and lay my complaint to superior officers that will definitely listen to me”.
Na so

3 Likes

Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by weblord1900: 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2021
grin
Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by ClassicMan202(m): 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2021
at least dem go use this baba catch cruise... as if their convoy dey even remember say traffic light dey exist....

Basta*d and politicians

5 Likes

Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by Britishcoins(m): 10:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
Fake

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 13, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Fake news

but there are many afonja mining skulls in oshogbo

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by bencr7: 10:26pm On Dec 13, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Fake news

see how tribalism have curse diz one, read wetin u write did it make sense to u small kid of a Nation

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by irunoko(m): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2021
grin
Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by Ifesinachi22(m): 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
Enugu Amaka

6 Likes

Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by Ifesinachi22(m): 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Fake news

Skulland republic!

2 Likes

Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by Kingmena: 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2021
It's good that they apologized if not what happened to Okada might happen to them.
Do you have a business and your workers and business is stressing you out I have a material that will help you restructure your business to function effectively without your supervision and maximize profit. contact me for just 3k and I will also add you to a free business group

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by Nclex: 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2021
This Ogbonna Idike has been doing a very good job in Enugu M.O.T. I have once reported one of his officers misconduct to his office. I was marveled at the way he handled the matter. I ended up begging for the officer not to be sacked. Enugu M.O.T department is different from the touts you see in most states. More strength to your elbow sir.

12 Likes

Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by Felixalex(m): 11:06pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hmmm

Who be that giant abeg
Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by gnhpowerhouse: 11:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
triple996:
When will ESN come back abeg?
More ibos need to be killed grin grin
And on the North who does the Killings ?
Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by Millimann: 2:39am On Dec 14, 2021
So what led to his fainting?

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by Authoreety: 5:07am On Dec 14, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Fake news

LOL... Go and take ur medication....

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by RolexOfGeneva(m): 7:03am On Dec 14, 2021
See as human being tall so tey Keke dey stand am for shoulder.
Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by richfriendsng: 7:22am On Dec 14, 2021
Enugu state is the land of the Giants, we have more giants in Enugu than other Eastern part of the country, yet they don't make noise like one of their brothers grin
Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:22am On Dec 14, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Fake news
Lol!
Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 14, 2021
[quote author=ChiefSosa post=108476049][/quote]

You are a very bitter saddistic and ugly man
Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:24am On Dec 14, 2021
grin grin I jighi aru ma na azo uzo.The man is lucky to have encountered considerate people.
Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by ChiefSosa(m): 7:26am On Dec 14, 2021
Saltybear:

You are a very bitter saddistic and ugly man
Lmao. You expect me to believe the things in this quote below? You expect me to believe the Tricycle driver was not coerced to say some of these things? Better use your common sense and stop behaving like a 700 naira fowl.

1 Like

Re: Tricycle Rider Apologises To Ministry Over Misconduct On Enugu Road by Matthew2925(m): 8:24am On Dec 14, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Fake news

What are you saying. Have you ever been to Enugu?

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Refugees From Cameroon In Adamawa IDP . Photos / I Have No Plans To Return To The PDP -- Senator Akpabio / Secondus And The Unceremonious Ousting Of PDP Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.