Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,241 members, 7,815,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures (28447 Views)

No Light: UNN Medical Students Embark On A Peaceful Protest (Pictures) / Mirabel Obi: My Father Lost Contracts Due To Twerking Video- UNN Medical Student / Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Bvmsson(m): 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2021
juniorstar:

Done with med school. It was war

That's good.... Where did you study at?
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Exodora: 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
NNtv:
This is as a result of people who buy their way into the university. The so called VC also aid in admitting too many people just because of money.
My brother you really don't know what you are saying. My roommate friend that year a very brilliant girl don't know what really happened according to her on this faithful day she went to exam hall (Economics department)and could not remember even her name she did all that she could but nothing worked she just have to lay down her head and cry luckily she graduated with 2:1 after all the stress.
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Exodora: 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2021
Administration1:
Reminds me of one of my lecturers back then, He said Grade A is for God, B is for him, then we can all share C,D,E, and F.

My nickname was Easy E undecided undecided undecided
Are you sure is not in Economics cause I know one lecturer that due say shit like this too
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by mrvitalis(m): 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2021
GhostWisperer:
What a Lion grin
To ask such means u are not qualified to know
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Exodora: 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2021
UNN lecturers will intentionally want to make you run mad and when you mistkely have issues and they refer you to admissions that is when you will know that even non academy staff are mad too cause Jehovah has your final say.
You will have to chose between lecture and their office where you want to be. Tell me how you won't be affected when you can't concentrate.
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Nyascobar1414: 4:12pm On Dec 14, 2021
Administration1:
Uniuyo
I'm an aspirant of medsurg in uniuyo.. How medical dey for that side?
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Oghenevwegbagn(m): 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2021
I stand to be corrected but UI has the highest quota for medicine
mrvitalis:
Being a super lion myself I don't see anything wrong here

UNN has never and from what I'm seeing would never reduce is exam standards for the sake of anyone

UNN has the highest quota is Medical science in Nigeria ..and only those who meets the requirements should go to other departments

The likes of soludo and chimamanda also failed out of UNN medicine but went on to do well in life
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Vuproff: 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2021
Ironically - These Students will move abroad and TOP their classes with ease...
Nigeria Started failing all from Birth.
Am a super lion and i know how this feels and how they pile up Fs for all.
Studying in Canada was fun!

2 Likes

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by clockwisereport: 4:33pm On Dec 14, 2021
Bvmsson:

If that one happen to me na to go commit suicide ooo

Commit suicide because you failed an exam?

Baba, you are not serious
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by mrvitalis(m): 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
Oghenevwegbagn:
I stand to be corrected but UI has the highest quota for medicine
Nah it unn
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by billyG(m): 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2021
Med is an easy course because of d high volume of subjects you have to learn,read & write test & exams with a short time,no time to prepare, you need to know all what you are taught that day & not forget cause you have no time to go over it before another pile up. Not only about intellectual capacity but physical & mental capacity.
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by floss(m): 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2021
Nnatuu:

If you pass through Abuja building, you go understand!

Real Analysis reprogrammed my membrane!
That Real Analysis na tough one on its own Sha..
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by lenghtinny(m): 5:20pm On Dec 14, 2021
viyon02:
yeah but do you know they use waec in grading thier total score, that is why you can't have medicine in today's University if you have credit(c) in your five key subject because your grade will be low compared to students with B or A1.
This isn't 2017....

Some unis operates strictly based on Utme and Post utme. Waec na just to confirm say you pass through sec school.

I agree that the O'level grading system is flawed because of the high rate of examination malpractices but you won't get anywhere with your A's without a decent jamb score in medicine and Surgery.....

Besides MB exam no be by who blast physics, biology and chemistry for secondary school. Na hardwork flanked by grace....

MB no be waec mate angry
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by GhostWisperer: 5:24pm On Dec 14, 2021
mrvitalis:

To ask such means u are not qualified to know
Mega-dullard. I wasn't asking any questions; I was mocking you. You can't even write properly but you're a proud lion.

What a crying shame!
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by God1stson(m): 5:47pm On Dec 14, 2021
NNtv:
This is as a result of people who buy their way into the university. The so called VC also aid in admitting too many people just because of money.

Most of these failures are as a result of greedy principal officers of d University.They lump a lot of unworthy candidates under VC list after paying huge amounts. Last 4 years my causing brother scored 306 in the unified score but couldn't gain admission since d cut was 308. They had to pay 2M b4 he was shortlisted to study, if the parents is not rich he couldn't have gained admission and u will seing students with 220 on VCs list.

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Oghenevwegbagn(m): 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2021
UNN 150
UI 180

You can check though
mrvitalis:

Nah it unn
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by mrvitalis(m): 6:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Kwara1stson: 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2021
adecz:

❌❌❌

What is happening be say, two
scammers ( University & Parents) are struggling to outdo themselves

1) ⏩ The university admits about
25% on pure merit. The balance of
the admission into medicine are sold
for about N1.5 million per slot.

2) ⏩Parents who are adamant that their
children must read medicine enroll
their kids in WAEC "miracle centres"❗️

The students get 8 A's in the waec &
also maneuver JAMB. They get the
Medicine admission & can't cope, since
no be brain them use get brilliant
SSS papers.❌❌❌

At the end, it is the university that
laughs to the bank in this yearly
admission scam. While the parents
lose out, since mago-mago no fit dey
for medical school exams.

Parents should allow their kids read
what they are good at, not to force them
into wetin pass dem power☹️☹️☹️

One of the daughters of the late
Dora Akunyili read Fine Arts from
university, she is now based in the US
and one of her artworks recently
sold for $1m ( as in one million US dollars shocked ).

Emefiele's daughter also read Fine Arts
from Delta State university an is doing
very well in the UK.
you dey compare big man children with poor man children. Go study fine arts na. Your eyes go clear. You can study carpentry, if u have a solid financial base, you will make it.
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Administration1: 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2021
Nyascobar1414:

I'm an aspirant of medsurg in uniuyo..
How medical dey for that side?
For the bravest
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Administration1: 7:19pm On Dec 14, 2021
Exodora:

Are you sure is not in Economics cause I know one lecturer that due say shit like this too
Nope
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Mires: 7:49pm On Dec 14, 2021
floss:
My alma mater no dey disappoint...back then in Nsukka Campus, when you check result board you will be seeing stuffs like this

Doke Silver...............FF
Yusuf Ahmed ..........FF
Chima Godwin.........FF
Olakunle Peace........FF

When we enquired from the lecturer about the"FF" attached to each name, I won't forget the reply that our Maths 101 lecturer back then at Abuja building gave me and some of my class mates...

if you see your name with "FF" just know that you failed the course for this semester and hopefully you will fail that of next semester...
Na so me my class mates waka dey go back lodge that day because only 15 students out of 77no get F of F as their grade... meaning only 15 pass the course for that semester...

Although that was fun Sha the memories.

Seriously? In my days, then MTH 111, 112, and 113 dealt with my department. Thank God I no write any twice. Abuja people no get joy.
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Nyascobar1414: 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2021
Administration1:
For the bravest
which level are you?
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Nyascobar1414: 10:39pm On Dec 14, 2021
Administration1:
For the bravest
which level are you?
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Administration1: 11:06pm On Dec 14, 2021
Nyascobar1414:

which level are you?
I graduated years ago(about 10 years now)
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by Nyascobar1414: 11:31pm On Dec 14, 2021
Administration1:
I graduated years ago(about 10 years now)
woow... Congrat
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by neurosci: 3:00am On Dec 15, 2021
Bvmsson:
Some of these guys that failed really worked their asses out. I Know of a guy last year that is a really good student at anatomy, physiology and medical biochemistry but failed 2nd MBBS last year but he pass this time around.

In medical school you do Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry which some people do separately for 4 years each, so if you calculate it you will spend 12 years studying the 3 courses.

You made it sound like medical students complete the entire syllabus of a degree in Physio, Biochem, and Anatomy. That is not true. You only do a part of each course, not everything students who major in those courses separately do. Also, it does not add up to 12 years, lol. Have you forgotten that you all do the same thing in the first year? This your exaggeration lol. Medical students spend 18 months from the second year to take the basic medical sciences you mentioned, which, if separated into three degrees, would add up to 9 years, not 12, since medical students already do the same thing as the others in their first year.
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by yorubakid: 7:40am On Dec 15, 2021
dazzlingd:

Unilag oau and UI are tier 1 schools in nigeria and not in same category with UNN
UNN is far ahead of the three schools..they shouldn't be in same sentence
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by floss(m): 11:56am On Dec 15, 2021
Mires:

Seriously? In my days, then MTH 111, 112, and 113 dealt with my department. Thank God I no write any twice. Abuja people no get joy.

Lol...
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by oocyte: 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2021
neurosci:

You made it sound like medical students complete the entire syllabus of a degree in Physio, Biochem, and Anatomy. That is not true. You only do a part of each course, not everything students who major in those courses separately do. Also, it does not add up to 12 years, lol. Have you forgotten that you all do the same thing in the first year? This your exaggeration lol. Medical students spend 18 months from the second year to take the basic medical sciences you mentioned, which, if separated into three degrees, would add up to 9 years, not 12, since medical students already do the same thing as the others in their first year.
Bros that's not true we cover all the syllables upper limb and lower limb ,thorax and abdomen,head and neck with histology and embryology which other topics in anatomy again.
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by neurosci: 5:45pm On Dec 15, 2021
oocyte:
Bros that's not true we cover all the syllables upper limb and lower limb ,thorax and abdomen,head and neck with histology and embryology which other topics in anatomy again.
Who told you that’s everything they do lol? Have you even seen their syllabi? Don’t forget different schools might have different syllabi? For example, do you do research too, or even internships?
And have you accepted your error that you don’t cover something worth of 12 years but rather 9 years at best, when you factor in the first year?
Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by neurosci: 5:47pm On Dec 15, 2021
yorubakid:

UNN is far ahead of the three schools..they shouldn't be in same sentence

Lol, you don’t know what you’re saying. When you talk about medicine, no school in West Africa is anywhere near UI. UI medical school is one of the best on the continent and among top 400 in the world. Don’t even start that conversation.

1 Like

Re: UNN Medical Sciences Admit Too Much, Then Trim Down To Quota With Mass Failures by ppogba: 6:01pm On Dec 15, 2021
neurosci:

Lol, you don’t know what you’re saying. When you talk about medicine, no school in West Africa is anywhere near UI. UI medical school is one of the best on the continent and among top 400 in the world. Don’t even start that conversation.

Why are you responding to someone only interested in ethnic/ tribal fisticuffs?

Why bother responding to someone who in all likelihood may never have visited the gates of the schools in question not to talk of knowing what goes on there?

Learn to carefully select the comments you will be responding to especially when the study of medicine is being discussed on Nairaland.

Finally, never under- estimate the level of ignorance on this forum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Has Anyone Registered For JAMB 2017 UTME? Share Experiences Here! / 2019 UTME: JAMB Speaks On Cut-off Marks / Dear Ex-classmates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.