Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light (1020 Views)

*SOLD****Toks 03 Camry With Rear Mirror Reverse Camera For Sale ; Anambra. / Reg Camry 2001, Toks 2011 Venza, 4months Used 2003 MB C320, Reg 03 Camry / Do People Actually Get To Sell Cars On NL Autos Forum.my 03 outlander on offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2011
Please house, the check light on my 03 camry SE dashboard just started showing recently. What could be the cause?
Re: My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light by shinystar(m): 3:41pm On Jun 13, 2011
Mine too used to. It was mostly electrical fault. Guess you should ask your rewire mechanic to have a look at it.
Re: My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 13, 2011
shinystar:

Mine too used to. It was mostly electrical fault. Guess you should ask your rewire mechanic to have a look at it.

Thanks very much. I'll do just that.
Re: My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light by SpaceAngel: 4:05pm On Jun 13, 2011
Please please run diagnostic on the car to find out the meaning of what caused the error. Most rewire/electricians will just disconnect the wire to the check engine light and connect it with the oil light indicator so you will not know when your car has issues. There are guys that offer such services even on nairaland.
Re: My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2011
SpaceAngel:

Please please run diagnostic on the car to find out the meaning of what caused the error. Most rewire/electricians will just disconnect the wire to the check engine light and connect it with the oil light indicator so you will not know when your car has issues. There are guys that offer such services even on nairaland.

I reside at Portharcourt? Do you know of any good hand at PHC?
Re: My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light by cretin: 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2011
use an obd tool to scan it.
if you are in portharcourt, i can link you to the person who helped me chk mine,

i think he charged 3k or 4k, cant remember again, gave professional advice too on how to solve the problem
Re: My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2011
cretin:

use an obd tool to scan it.
if you are in portharcourt, i can link you to the person who helped me chk mine,

i think he charged 3k or 4k, cant remember again, gave professional advice too on how to solve the problem

I would be glad if you link me with the person. My phone number is 08099860110. You can send me an SMS.

Best regards.
Re: My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light by symbianDON(m): 7:49pm On Jun 13, 2011
on that model and earlier models of camry, the commonest causes of check engine light coming on are: leaking silencer, faulty oxygen sensor (commonest culprit), bad plugs or plug cables and faulty fuel tank cap.
Re: My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light by Fhemmmy: 7:51pm On Jun 13, 2011
Will be nice to run the diagnostic on the ride and service it well too and not just assume it is not a problem.
Re: My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light by symbianDON(m): 7:52pm On Jun 13, 2011
check also that your air filter is clean and ok. don't allow any rewire or mechanic tamper with your fuel pump. best of all run a diagnostic on your cars.
Re: My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light by EEL: 11:36pm On Jun 13, 2011
-
Re: My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light by Piedpiper(m): 2:03pm On Jun 14, 2011
Would have helped you out in PH but not in country now. Call me any time from the 24th to book an appointment.
Re: My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light by shema: 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2011
@poster, run a scan on ur car, get the codes n get informations as regards what the problem is with ur car 4rm this link on facebook, Automedicsngonlinedotcom
Re: My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light by cretin: 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2011
hv sent you the number of the person who ran the diagnoistic tool on my car.i think he stays somehwere around trans amadi, do give him a trial, he is quite professional.
Re: My 03 Camry Is Showing The Check Light by chelseabmw(m): 12:20am On Jun 15, 2011
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Registered 2006 Toyota Sienna - In Your Best Interest: / Very Clean Registered Nissan Pathfinder 2005 Model For Sale / Nissan Alimera 1.6 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.