Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi (266 Views)

Don’t Be Like Buhari, Join Me Dialogue With Bandits – Sheikh Gumi To Tinubu / Chinedum Nwajiuba: Why My Brother Was Absent At The APC Convention / Killer Herdsmen Are Ethnic Militants At War, Not Bandits - Sheikh Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi by Maxymilliano(m): 7:40am On Dec 14, 2021

Sheikh Ahmad Gumi has denied an online media report which said his brother was kidnapped describing the news as fake.

According to a statement issued by his Media Consultant, Tukur Mamu, and made available to the Nigerian Tribune in Kaduna on Sunday, the cleric described the news as mischievous and misleading.

He noted that while is not impossible in today’s Nigeria to even kidnap him or even those in authority, but he urged the public to disregard the fake news.

The statement opined that the story by some sections of the media was deliberately misquoting the cleric in order to give a picture “that the brother of the person supporting the bandits has also been kidnapped” is mischievous, misleading and diversionary.

“It is actually from the content of an interview recently granted to some members of the press where Sheikh Gumi was saying he is surprised that some elements think he is unnecessarily supportive of the bandits.

“In the said interview, he told them that he is equally a victim of their (bandits) terror as they have kidnapped his own biological brother about three years ago and that the security agents could not do anything which left them with the option of paying ransom before he was released.”

Also, the statement, he disclosed that “a driver of his father was also killed by the same bandits. For Gumi, all this is not enough reason to say he will not seek for peaceful resolution of the crisis for the purpose of preserving peoples lives and properties especially if we look back at the government’s failure to address issues that will help in bringing a lasting solution.

“Military power alone or declaring the bandits as terrorists cannot end banditry and killings in Nigeria.

“May Allah forbid, in today’s Nigeria where the government has failed to address the root cause of the armed Fulani banditry and the security imbroglio, particularly in the North West and to explore mediation like the Americans, finally adopted after over two decades of a failed military offensive in Afghanistan, people or the press should not be surprised if Gumi himself is abducted not to talk of his brother.

But the said story as we mentioned is not true and we pray it will never happen not only to Gumi’s brother but innocent Nigerians as a whole.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/my-brother-was-not-kidnapped-by-bandits-%e2%80%95-sheikh-gumi/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook
Re: My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi by dollynnn(f): 7:41am On Dec 14, 2021
undecided
Re: My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi by Timekeeper: 7:44am On Dec 14, 2021
sad angry sad
Re: My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi by Maxymilliano(m): 7:47am On Dec 14, 2021
I thought as much!

Even if they did in error, the mistake must have been corrected except it was staged.
Re: My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi by helinues: 7:48am On Dec 14, 2021
You can't hide 8 months pregnancy
Re: My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi by devilmaycry: 7:53am On Dec 14, 2021
Why would bandits kidnap their own
Re: My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi by bcomputer101: 7:54am On Dec 14, 2021
The truth is gradually coming out.

Kidnapping the elder brother of their financial spokesperson and spirit mentor/leader is impossible na

1 Like

Re: My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi by donbachi(m): 7:55am On Dec 14, 2021
The north is reaping what they sowed.
Re: My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi by chatinent: 8:07am On Dec 14, 2021
Agu ona eri agu?
Re: My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi by Baawaa(m): 8:13am On Dec 14, 2021
“In the said interview, he told them that he is equally a victim of their (bandits) terror as they have kidnapped his own biological brother about three years ago and that the security agents could not do anything which left them with the option of paying ransom before he was released.”
This is what really happened, our media is porous
Re: My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi by Fasindo: 8:22am On Dec 14, 2021
shocked

But he said his brother was kidnapped 3yrs ago, so what exactly is he denying?

By the way, he must have collected back the ransom money they paid for his brothers release, if not even more
Re: My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi by Leverage2021: 8:36am On Dec 14, 2021
Taqiya

He actually said it just to buttress he was a victim too

But when he got home it dawned on him that he has indicted the group he calls harmless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi by Nbotee(m): 8:54am On Dec 14, 2021
He wanted to play a victim too but the lie was too obvious
Re: My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi by AsapTeddy(m): 9:04am On Dec 14, 2021
J
Re: My Brother Was Not Kidnapped By Bandits ― Sheikh Gumi by Flexherbal(m): 12:00pm On Dec 14, 2021
Most people did not believe it, either.

(1) (Reply)

Imo Speaker Treats 100% HOPE To A Largesse / Hope Uzodimma Hosts Imo Stakeholders Meeting / Terrorists Currently Recruiting Fighters – Gov Zulum Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.