Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack (859 Views)

Sokoto Attack: Your Crushing Defeat Is Near, Buhari Tells Bandits / Idahosa Wells Okunbo: Obaseki Plans To Burn My Farms, Revoke My CofO / Governor Wike In Tears: I Will Never Take Your Supports For Granted (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by EmmaJnr1: 9:54am On Dec 14, 2021
TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack Narrates Ordeal

A 30-year-old widow, Hajiya Shafa’atu, has narrated how bandits attacked a vehicle she was travelling in on Monday at a location in Sabon Birni Local Government of Sokoto State and murdered her four children, mother and some relatives of hers.

Shafa’atu, who spoke to newsmen at the Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto, where she was being treated for the injuries she sustained during the attack, said she and the other passengers were on their way to Kaduna State when they came under heavy fire from the bandits.

According to the young widow, she was travelling with her four children, mother, immediate younger brother, a niece and a nephew when the incident happened on Sabon Birni-Isa Road.

Shafa’atu said there were about 33 elderly persons and many children in the vehicle when it ran into the bandits believed to be loyal to one Bello Turji believed to have been terrorising the eastern part of Sokoto State for some time now.
“They kept firing at our vehicle until it somersaulted three times and burst into flames. Only I and one other passenger miraculously came out of the bus; some other passengers later died of their gun wounds,” she stated.

She noted that eight of her family members, including her 10-month-old baby, were among the dead.

“I watched my mother, my maternal uncle, my nephew and my niece burn to ashes while the attackers observed delightedly,” she added.

She disclosed that she and her relatives were attempting to flee the area because of incessant attacks by bandits when the incident occurred.

The seriousness of Shafa’atu’s condition prevented her from speaking further to newsmen.

Her uncle who is looking after her in the hospital told newsmen that he participated in the burial of the victims of the attack.

“You need to see their remains which were brought in two ambulances. They were unrecognisable because they had been burnt to ashes.

“We performed the funeral rites and buried them according to the injunction of our religion,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Sokoto State governor, Aminu Tambuwal, has condoled with the families of the victims, describing the incident as barbaric.

The governor said: “It is very disturbing that these kinds of things are happening here and across the nation. As those entrusted with the leadership of the people in this state, we are very worried and touched each time such incident happens.

“Nonetheless, we will not rest on our oars in doing the best we can to roll back this unfortunate problem.

“We have been doing our best to support the security operatives in the state. We have donated over 500 vehicles to all the security operatives in the state and trained about 1000 certified vigilante members.”

He said 500 motorcycles had also been donated to vigilante groups to ease their operations under the supervision of the security outfits.

Governor Tambuwal announced a personal donation of N250,000 to each of the families of the victims, just as he pledged his government’s willingness to pick the bills of those hospitalised.
#EndNigeriaNowToSaveLives

Re: TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by Baawaa(m): 9:55am On Dec 14, 2021
Shafa’atu said there were about 33 elderly persons and many children in the vehicle when it ran into the bandits believed to be loyal to one Bello Turji believed to have been terrorising the eastern part of Sokoto State for some time now.
“They kept firing at our vehicle until it somersaulted three times and burst into flames. Only I and one other passenger miraculously came out of the bus; some other passengers later died of their gun wounds,” she stated.
I said it ,they know themselves

1 Like

Re: TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by EmmaJnr1: 9:59am On Dec 14, 2021
in another news just yesterday, they kidnapped 30 travellers..

If you are still supporting the existence of Nigeria, seriously your head needs to be exermined, it is either you are a greedy person who doesn't care about the welfare of others or you are naturally wicked.

Re: TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by CaptainAyub: 10:26am On Dec 14, 2021
Buhari for extra level

1 Like

Re: TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:30am On Dec 14, 2021
Nigeria need resetting I swear down.

This government used cahsing after IPOB to mumurize a lot of people walahi
Re: TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by tillaman(m): 10:54am On Dec 14, 2021
Gumi and his goons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by Karemarealty288(m): 11:10am On Dec 14, 2021
Gumi will never show compassion towards the victims of this terror act but to the evil actors....what an irony.

Re: TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by Arda1000(m): 11:27am On Dec 14, 2021
Isa lie north is very safe
Re: TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by flamingREED(m): 12:31pm On Dec 14, 2021
Better form an NSN – Northern Security Network.
Re: TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by Leverage2021: 12:33pm On Dec 14, 2021
Haijya too bad buhari rates gays in America than sokoto muslims
Re: TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by vanbonattel: 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2021
Sokoto is very safe. The north is United and cares not.
Re: TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by KoshCAD: 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2021
Normal thing. North is peaceful, very peaceful.

Bandits are not terrorists, they are business men.
Re: TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by bencr7: 1:03pm On Dec 14, 2021
May God heal d north, ajumma and Gordon1I need ur comment here stop hiding in southeast news post that is more secure than ur place
Re: TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by bencr7: 1:05pm On Dec 14, 2021
Karemarealty288:
Gumi will never show compassion towards the victims of this terror act but to the evil actors....what an irony.
wink wink wink even d likes of Gordon1, lovenorth, blackfire north2023,ajumma will north come here to comment but when they see south east their head will stand
Re: TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by fourboys: 1:51pm On Dec 14, 2021
Everything Nnamdi Kanu said dey come to pass before our eyes embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: TEARS!!! "I Watched Bandits Burn My 4 Kids" Mother In Sokoto Attack by samtol4(m): 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2021
It appears the government is clueless about the situation. Bandits having a free ride. The North should formed a country - North Nigeria just like North Korea. South Nigeria is just like South Korea. All the oil used for fighting Boko haram and bandits should be used in Southern Nigeria. Let the North generate their money

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Wrong On Money Left Behind By Jonathan - Osita Chidoka / President Buhari, Osinbajo 2023 Presidential Posters Flogs Abuja And Daura. PHOT / JUST IN: Simon Ekpa Hijacks IPOB Finland, Expels National Coordinator From Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.