Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Idolatry Is The Reason For The Season. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Idolatry Is The Reason For The Season. (121 Views)

Idolatry Is On The increase Among Christians / Idolatry Is Fastest Growing Religion In Anambra – Soludo / God's perspective on Idolatry. Consequences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Idolatry Is The Reason For The Season. by elated177: 9:55am On Dec 14, 2021
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Yes! I mean Christmas.

Our Master, Yahushua the Messiah, neither celebrated his day of birth nor did he instruct us to do so. In fact, I cannot think of a single place in the Scriptures where he made mention of his day of birth. The Scriptures didn't explicitly state the day of birth of our Master. I believe it wasn't a mistake.

The well-decorated Christmas tree is an idol. You may not have realized it. If in doubt, read the following:

Jer 10:1-5 Hear what YHVH says to you, people of Israel. This is what YHVH says: 'Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the heavens, though the nations are terrified by them. For the practices of the people are worthless; they cut a tree out of the forest, and a craftsman shapes it with chisel. They adorn it with silver and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so that it will not totter. Like a scarecrow in a cucumber field, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do good.'

Jer 5:1-3 'Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem, look around and consider, search through her squares. If you can find but one person who deals honestly and seeks the truth, I will forgive this city. Although they say, "As surely as YHVH lives," still they are swearing falsely.' YHVH, do not your eyes look for truth? You struck them, but they felt no pain; you crushed them but they refused correction. They made their faces harder than stone and refused to repent.

I know many will try to explain it away by twisting the Scripture.

What is the origin of the Christmas tree? May be a little research will help us.

Also, what is the origin of birthday celebration? Isn't it interesting that the Scriptures have no single record of any of the servants of our Father in heaven celebrating his or her birthday?

At least, there would have been records of those - birthday celebrations - of the wisest and richest man ever, king Solomon.

The only records of birthday celebrations in the Scripture were those of pagans. Actually, on one occasion, John the Baptist lost his life. (Matt 14:1-12).

It, therefore, shows that it was their custom - custom of the pagans at that time - to honour their birthday.

Should a saint of YHVH of Hosts be following the customs of pagans, knowing full well that whatever they do is in honour of demons. (Lev 18:3-5 & 20:23; Jer 10:2).

Lev 18:3-5 You must not do as they do in Egypt, where you used to live, and you must not do as they in the land of Canaan, where I am bringing you. Do not follow their practices. You must obey my laws and be careful to follow my decrees. I am YHVH your Elohim. Keep my decrees and laws for the person who obeys them will live by them. I am YHVH.

Deut 20:23 You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them.

1 Cor 10:20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to YHVH, I do not want you to be participants with demons.

By the time each Christmas comes to an end, many would have engaged in various forms of wickedness just to meet up. The period is associated with all forms of greed, criminality, debauchery, etc.

There is nothing good about Christmas.

Should the saints of YHVH of Hosts be honouring such evil?

May our Father in heaven continue to bless and sustain his saints. May he continue to open our eyes to discern falsehood and continue to give us the humility and strength to accept his truth.

Heb 5:13-14 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

I am just a messenger.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu Yah!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Way To A Secure Future / The Act Of Retreating / The Essence Of The Season.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.