Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage (2884 Views)

Infinix Hot 10T (65,400) Vs TECNO Spark 7p (60,900) Which Should U Buy? (photos) / The Good And Bad Sides Of Tecno Spark 7p After Using For A Week / TECNO Spark 7p (N60,900) Vs Infinix Hot 10 (N63,400) Which Should U Buy?(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by olamideee: 12:09pm On Dec 14, 2021
I have seen several ​posts here on NL regarding Tecno Spark 7p. People recommending it, comparing it with Infinix Hot 10t, Redmi 9t etc.

But please is anyone really using the Phone here?

Everything went well until I install the October 5, 2021 Android Security patch.

Now my phone drains too much battery while idle which is damn frustrating, most especially since I can't detect why this is happening, my apps are closed and wifi, Bluetooth, data connection are all off.

The phone's review on GSMArena ( https://m.gsmarena.com/tecno_spark_7p-reviews-10849.php ) everyone is complaining about the battery drain.

But why is no one talking about it here? Please anyone knows the fix? Or how can I be sure Tecno is aware of the situation

Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by Bishopkingsley(m): 12:42pm On Dec 14, 2021
Some times they can make mistakes in a product they manufacture you just have to remove the last thing you install that triggers the problem
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by olamideee: 1:17pm On Dec 14, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
Some times they can make mistakes in a product they manufacture you just have to remove the last thing you install that triggers the problem
It's impossible to rollback an Android update

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by emae009(m): 3:38pm On Dec 14, 2021
Calm down, it happens to all phone manufacturers sometimes.
They will roll out new updates to fix the bug.
Just have to manage it for now

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by CivilizedElk901: 4:51pm On Dec 14, 2021
emae009:
When it’s tecno/infinix/itel, you remember it happens to all phone manufacturers
When it’s xiaomi, you forgot it happens to all phone manufacturers

Foolish tecno/infinix/itel marketeers

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by Vhickymanny(m): 5:13pm On Dec 14, 2021
CivilizedElk901:

When it’s tecno/infinix/itel, you remember it happens to all phone manufacturers

Where’s the lie in what he said … you just have to look for a way to insult him just just proof your invalid point … peace

8 Likes

Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by CivilizedElk901: 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2021
Vhickymanny:

Where’s the lie in what he said … you just have to look for a way to insult him just just proof your invalid point … peace
You are a fool for defending the hypocrisy of the tecno marketers

1 Like

Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by emae009(m): 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2021
CivilizedElk901:

OK

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by lovedoctor26(m): 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2021
I'm facing the same issue.,,,,the battery drains like mad in idle mode. I'm just patiently waiting for the next update.
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by olamideee: 10:11pm On Dec 14, 2021
lovedoctor26:
I'm facing the same issue.,,,,the battery drains like mad in idle mode. I'm just patiently waiting for the next update.
Wow great, but how can we be sure Tecno is aware of the situation?
emae009:
I dunno whether Tecno is aware of the situation or not
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by emae009(m): 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2021
olamideee:
Wow great, but how can we be sure Tecno is aware of the situation? I dunno whether Tecno is aware of the situation or not

like you said, a lot of people are complaining of the same issue on major phone critic sites. So they are aware
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by lovedoctor26(m): 6:26am On Dec 15, 2021
olamideee:
Wow great, but how can we be sure Tecno is aware of the situation? I dunno whether Tecno is aware of the situation or not
I'm sure they are.,,,The next security update is the key.
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by paduzman: 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
no big deal, an update will fix this in no time.
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by paduzman: 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2021
you just sounded like a fully fledged xaomi marketer, its a fact that it happens to all phone manufacturers so i dont get what the fuss about bringing TECNO, Infinix and Itel into it
CivilizedElk901:

6 Likes

Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by olamideee: 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2021
paduzman:
no big deal, an update will fix this in no time.

This issue has been since October security patch, they didn't release any security Patch for November, and now also December

I just bought this phone not upto a month
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by iseoluwanimi: 5:15pm On Dec 16, 2021
why most people dont talk about it could actually be bcus its not an issue.. well i only used it for about 3 months then and it was a main device for me i hardly notice such with all considered grin
olamideee:
I have seen several ​posts here on NL regarding Tecno Spark 7p. People recommending it, comparing it with Infinix Hot 10t, Redmi 9t etc.

Everything went well until I install the October 5, 2021 Android Security patch.

Now my phone drains too much battery while idle which is damn frustrating, most especially since I can't detect why this is happening, my apps are closed and wifi, Bluetooth, data connection are all off.

The phone's review on GSMArena ( https://m.gsmarena.com/tecno_spark_7p-reviews-10849.php ) everyone is complaining about the battery drain.

But why is no one talking about it here? Please anyone knows the fix? Or how can I be sure Tecno is aware of the situation

1 Like

Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by dankwoska: 5:19pm On Dec 16, 2021
It's fine just to wait for the next update, but this actually happens to most phones TRUTRU
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by scarycuteface(m): 9:20am On Dec 17, 2021
Sometimes this happen though. Hoping another update fixes this
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by olamideee: 9:32am On Dec 17, 2021
iseoluwanimi:
why most people dont talk about it could actually be bcus its not an issue.. well i only used it for about 3 months then and it was a main device for me i hardly notice such with all considered grin

Really?? I lose more than 20% of battery life whenever am sleeping and you're saying it's normal?? Have you even updated and experience what I complained about??

Wtf are you saying bro, the screenshot I attached shows 12% in 1hr 37 min of non-using the phone

You guys must be joking
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by lovedoctor26(m): 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2021
olamideee:

Really?? I lose more than 20% of battery life whenever am sleeping and you're saying it's normal?? Have you even updated and experience what I complained about??

Wtf are you saying bro, the screenshot I attached shows 12% in 1hr 37 min of non-using the phone

You guys must be joking
I'm also experiencing the same issue bro.,,,I normally switch off my device anytime I want to sleep.
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by Freelancerx: 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2021
did you update it too??
lovedoctor26:
I'm also experiencing the same issue bro.,,,I normally switch off my device anytime I want to sleep.
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by Freelancerx: 8:28pm On Dec 17, 2021
that is their problem o
paduzman:
you just sounded like a fully fledged xaomi marketer, its a fact that it happens to all phone manufacturers so i dont get what the fuss about bringing TECNO, Infinix and Itel into it
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by lovedoctor26(m): 8:40pm On Dec 17, 2021
Freelancerx:
did you update it too??
Yes I did
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by Nobody: 2:40am On Dec 18, 2021
I have been seeing the update notification for the past 1 month now. I just didn't feel like updating it and thank God I never did. Mine is still working perfectly.
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by olamideee: 2:47pm On Dec 18, 2021
EagleEyes794:
I have been seeing the update notification for the past 1 month now. I just didn't feel like updating it and thank God I never did. Mine is still working perfectly.
Can you turn on flashlight below 15% battery life?
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2021
olamideee:

Can you turn on flashlight below 15% battery life?

No I can't. That's normal for smartphone from Android 8 and above. But I think any android below that can do so.
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by olamideee: 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2021
EagleEyes794:

No I can't. That's normal for smartphone from Android 8 and above. But I think any android below that can do so.
My friend uses Android 11 Samsung he can, my sister Tecno pop4 android 10 she can, my father Tecno android Oreo (cool he can, my room mate Infinix smart 5 android 10 he also can. So that's not normal for smartphone from Android 8 and above

I think there has to be a way to bypass this
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 18, 2021
Well, from Smartphones I have used and seen so far, that's how it is. Anyways.
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by Flamees(m): 7:05pm On Dec 18, 2021
olamideee:

Bro my Infinix Hot10T did same today
Charged phone to 93 percent left the phone at home and went to school in coming back i saw 68% i shocked
So i decided to reduce the refresh rate to 60Hz
I fully charged it for the past 4hrs it watched it, it only droped to 97%
Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by andelawhite: 4:07am On Dec 20, 2021
I can't relate to this because my battery still acts normal like when I first bought my Spark 7. I think you are doing something wrong.
olamideee:

Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by harryodilli19(m): 9:56am On Dec 20, 2021
Try the new Spark 8p. I like the fact that Tecno has blown the users mind with this phone as it is cheap and comes with a powerful mediatek processor.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Spark 7p Insane Idle Battery Usage by NightFood: 11:11am On Dec 20, 2021
A friend of mine uses the spark 7 and the battery is working just fine

(1) (2) (Reply)

Turn Off Whatsapp Without Turning-off Data On Your Symbian And Java Phones / How To Read Any PDF Documents With Your Java Phones / Apple Iphone 8 Or Galaxy 8: Which One You Choose In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.